It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of UFO's being reported to U.K Talk Radio, now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by altered_states

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by altered_states

If it was "all over the damn place" it would not be reported just by a handful of people, right?

I think we have to wait for more information, too little at this time, but I guess this is all we going to get, just some lights in the sky with no possibility of identification.

Well I seen it and never repoted it,I wonder how many people like me are out there? and I would call england, scotalnd, usa and canada "all over the damn place"

In England and Scotland there's a binge drinking culture which far exceeds Canada and USA. I live there and get to see the figures and results. If you don't go out drinking you're made to feel a recluse. Well those people also see and react stronger to things than a sober citizen like you would get in the day.

Prove to me what you saw was a UFO and can't be explained by natural phenomenon and then we'll talk.

Until then, stop making stupid comments about how there's some sort of cover-up and the government won't reveal what's going on.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yup I saw the same lights as in that guys picture but from other side....very odd
31st Dec 2008 about 9.10 pm driving to party so not drunk yet..lol..

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

edit to add:All December "somethings up"

Suspected UFO over Rose Green

Published Date: January 2009
A mystery object in the sky above Rose Green on Christmas Day left a visitor mystified.
Phil Treadgold had his attention overhead caught when he was leaving his parents at about 8pm.

He explained: "There was something travelling approximately from the northeast. It was roughly triangular in shape, travelling point first and ora
ADVERTISEMENT
nge in colour. It's trailing edge was like a flickering candle flame.

"I can only compare its size to that of the small aircraft we see over their house. As I watched, it changed course in an arc and headed off to the north west.

"The oddest thing was that it seemed to be travelling quite fast but was silent. It was very quiet out that night. I watched it until it disappeared from sight for about 30 seconds. Has anyone else seen this?

"I was not drinking because I was driving the kids home," said Mr Treadgold, of Lambsfarm Close in Horsham. "I have seen meteors before because its course was level. That rules out space junk.

www.chichester.co.uk...

[edit on 1/1/2009 by altered_states]

The first and third one are Chinese lanterns. Notice how slow they're moving and that they're in groups. The second one I closed due to the incredibly stupid music they dubbed over it. But I'm sure someone else can explain if they can stand that crap for more than ten seconds.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

You sir, fit the bill of what I outlined two posts back. Not rational skepticism at all. You are, in fact, a naysayer.

You MUST know that what you just typed isn't true at all. That third video is quite CLEARLY NOT a group of Chinese Lanterns! That is the most ridiculous gutter-sludge I've read on this website today.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

They must spend millions on these chinese lanerns

Location of Sighting: Durrington,Worthing
Date of Sighting: 24th December 2008
Time: Evening
Witness: Darren Budd

Witness Statement : I was outside after coming home from work when i looked up in the sky to the east and saw a glowing orange/reddish oval shaped light! It seperated into 2 halves with i falling to earth whilst the other remained in the sky! After watching it for approx 2 mins i took my phone to take a picture then went to view it only to see nothing came out on it, looked up again but the light had completely disappeared. i have been thinking about this ever since as im dumbfounded and cannot imagine what it could be other than a ufo!

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Published Date: 31 December 2008
By Laura Jones
TWO couples from Deeside were left amazed after they spotted an unidentified object in the sky on Boxing Day.
Kelly Dawson had stepped outside her home on Boxing Day with friend Leanne Newby when they spotted a "flaming orange ball" hurtling towards them in the sky.

Kelly, of Sandy Way in Connah's Quay, said she had never seen anything like it before and is appealing to anyone else in the area who may have seen the "phenomenal sight", to get in touch with the Evening Leader.

Kelly, 24 said: "We were both outside and I looked up and asked Leanne what she thought it was.

"It was as high as a plane would be in the sky but it was moving towards us at some pace.

"It was about the size of a single traffic light and it was bright orange and looked like it was on fire, but there was absolutely no noise coming from it.

"I shouted for my husband Ian, and Leanne's husband, Lee, to come out to see what we were shouting about.

"We all stood back in astonishment – it was an amazing sight.

"It came closer and closer and then it flew over the house.

"We all ran around the back of the house to see where it had gone, but by that time it had disappeared."

Kelly reported the sighting to the police.

After researching on the internet, Kelly is confident that the sighting was of a UFO and not a meteorite.

"It didn't have a tail and it looked very similar to what other people have seen and from what I have seen from video evidence on the internet," said mum-of-one, Kelly.

"People have also said that when it was passing over their homes, it interfered with the electrics in their house.

"Our satellite broadcast TV went off six or seven times when this happened – so I am convinced that this was something from outer space!"

"This is the first time I have seen anything like this and it really has changed my opinion on UFOs and similar things.

"Before this sighting, I was quite sceptical about this kind of thing, but now I am convinced there is something out there."

The sighting comes after a number of reports of strange lights in the sky above Mynydd Isa on Christmas Day, and similar sightings across the region over the past year

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

edit to add
nly a handfull
, in my opinion theres something very strange is going on in our skies, even more so in this past year, sightings are getting more intense by the day. EXITING STUFF!!

[edit on 1/1/2009 by altered_states]

Everything you mentioned in your source points to fire lanterns. No noise. Looks like a fire. No tail. The electrics could be explained by natural causes or suggestion. Our electrics play up all the time in England, do I shout "OMG UFO FROM OUTER SPACE"?

This again is the media blowing up a small story into something big. It's sad this country has stooped so low, obviously there's no news on that day

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

uk.youtube.com...

Looks like you just got owned.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

No, the third video is military aircraft on night time maneuvers.... as far as I know. A bit like this one uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

"Looks like you just got owned."

^^ More trash. I didn't need to see a video of a bunch of lanterns being deployed. I already know quite well what they look like. The fact of the matter is that in the third video in question, the one I took contention with the STUPID remarks with, the objects quite clearly move in the direction of the camera, across a city, NOT UP. Furthermore, the move in unison to one another the entire time. EVEN AFTER the point that they break into three different formations.

I repeat, after they break into separate formations, they still move in relative position to one another....

A position that was DIFFERENT than the relative positions they took up while in the larger group.

I doubt that you even watched the entire video. Nah, you looked at it for just long enough to think to yourself: "I'm such a "good skeptic TM" I don't even need to see this. I've seen these before. They're Chinese Lanterns."
Then you Xed the youtube link out and came here to boast you had solved the mystery.
Poser.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Now that was a good video. I can side with you on that one, if it weren't for one thing.

Maneuvers like that aren't allowed to take place over civilian populated areas. Maybe the laws are different in the UK, but here in the US, that isn't allowed.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Now that was a good video. I can side with you on that one, if it weren't for one thing.

Maneuvers like that aren't allowed to take place over civilian populated areas. Maybe the laws are different in the UK, but here in the US, that isn't allowed.

Erm that video uk.youtube.com... was taken in [Fleet of UFOs in Santiago, Chile December 9 2008] not the good old us of a.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My bad. I see that it was. If I had it would have been quite obvious. haha.
I guess the "UK youtube" link threw me off.

Anyhow, I'm not sure about their laws, but I would assume the same standards would apply. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I saw 3/4 of these, ordinarily I'd agree with those who said they were Chinese lanterns but there were a few things about them which would seem to discount that, documented it and text is as follows:

"January 01, 1:20pm, saw 3/4 X UFO type objects, all flew along the same path North-East, one by one flying into my field of view and onto the same spot in the sky where they'd pause then fade out of sight. They were to my mind completely silent and I could not accurately guess their height as their were no clouds that I could see.
Their colour struck me as they were orange, almost the colour of fire and looked quite unlike any aircrafts light and would seem to be flying along a very precise path mirroring the paths of the light preceding them.

This coincides in time, colour and quantity with a sighting from the previous new years eve over the Amersham area and multiple sightings from previous years in an around Buckinghamshire."

I should point out that this was over Jordans not Amersham. Also, some of you have reported electrical disturbance/whistling sounds on recordings pure speculation but could the light itself be a plasma as this would account for electrical interference from the magnetic field needed to contain it? Not really much of a physics buff so if anyone would like to provide me with some hard facts on natural and artificially formed plasma please do.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

OMG so right.
My mum told me she saw some ORANGE LIGHTS in the sky, I was like...uh ok. So the next day I saw them with my friend.
Right, so it was Two Lights parallel but diagonal. \

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

As far as I know Chile is or was a dictatorship under Pinochet,(not sure what is is now he is dead)so they can do what ever the hell they want , I guess.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Reklaw

Around about 12:10am after most of the New Years fireworks had gone off, a few of us went outside and 6 of us (all adults, all relatively sober, esp after having to figure out how to work those damn fireworks!) saw 3 orange lights in a perfect triangle formation. Now, I'm a skeptic at the best of times, but this was weird. The lights moved together, noiselessly, then slowly flickered and dimmed one by one, until completely disappearing. Googled it and found tons of reports and found myself here lol. Freaky stuff!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
now that is the right video:

www.youtube.com...

took me a while to find, credit goes to forgetomori.com cause im looking for the truth not fame.

forgetomori.com...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by hoeon]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hi all,
I was at a family party on New Year's Eve, in Stalybridge near Manchester and Stockport. The view from my parents' house overlooks all the Greater Manchester area. I was armed with three Chinese lanterns given to me as a gift for xmas purchased from Amazon. We lit the first at exactly midnight to coincide with all the fireworks and to our amazement three more went up to our left and also several more in the distance. I lit the other two also and watched them in amazement as I had never used them before. They and all the others were unfortunately not a mass of UFOs. However as we watched my first one rise it met up with the three to our left and about a dozen spheres lit up as they travelled past the lanterns and also with the flashes of the fireworks. My dad saw them too and at first we thought they were birds because they were in a sideways V formation and were going from our left northwards in direction. To be honest I think they were balloons tied together but it was strange to witness none the less. Anyway as I said the orange lights were 100% lanterns in the Manchester area.

Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I like how the zealots go quiet all of a sudden.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
now that is the right video:

www.youtube.com...

took me a while to find, credit goes to forgetomori.com

[edit on 1-1-2009 by hoeon]

Nice find and star for you, helps to prove my point also , very spectacular but terestial in origin.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Normally i just read and lurk around here, but this is freaky.

I saw the exact same thing. I live in the south of the netherlands and around 12:30 i saw it aswell as my 2 brothers and later i heard that my mother saw it aswell.

Just a amber light, slowly silently moving through the sky... if it was a ufo they were proberly observing the fireworks as our sky were also full of them. But i checked on youtube and there are an awful alot of similiar objects seen around new years eve.

Input from a stranger... i have no absolutely no reason to bull# just felt compelled to share.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join