It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of UFO's being reported to U.K Talk Radio, now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I live in Glasgow, Scotland and saw them at roughly 1.am with my sister, at first I saw a rather peculiar orange light high up in the sky which I presumed was a plane but after watching it for a few moments noticed that it wasnt flashing and was a giving off a steady orange glow. About twenty seconds after viewing this an identical object followed over the horizon at the same speed and height as the first one, both made no sound (I couldnt see where they went as they disappeared over my house and I didnt want to go outside as it was freezing) Another minute after this another appeared but it seemed higher up and was going faster than the other two, it also went out of my view after it flew over my house.

I dont drink, can tell what an airplane looks like and there were a ton of fireworks going off, but these were different. If I had to guess what they were I would say flares, but they seemed to dim for that.

I guess its a mystery

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

edit to add:All December "somethings up"

Suspected UFO over Rose Green

Published Date: January 2009
A mystery object in the sky above Rose Green on Christmas Day left a visitor mystified.
Phil Treadgold had his attention overhead caught when he was leaving his parents at about 8pm.

He explained: "There was something travelling approximately from the northeast. It was roughly triangular in shape, travelling point first and ora
ADVERTISEMENT
nge in colour. It's trailing edge was like a flickering candle flame.

"I can only compare its size to that of the small aircraft we see over their house. As I watched, it changed course in an arc and headed off to the north west.

"The oddest thing was that it seemed to be travelling quite fast but was silent. It was very quiet out that night. I watched it until it disappeared from sight for about 30 seconds. Has anyone else seen this?

"I was not drinking because I was driving the kids home," said Mr Treadgold, of Lambsfarm Close in Horsham. "I have seen meteors before because its course was level. That rules out space junk.

www.chichester.co.uk...

[edit on 1/1/2009 by altered_states]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They must spend millions on these chinese lanerns

Location of Sighting: Durrington,Worthing
Date of Sighting: 24th December 2008
Time: Evening
Witness: Darren Budd

Witness Statement : I was outside after coming home from work when i looked up in the sky to the east and saw a glowing orange/reddish oval shaped light! It seperated into 2 halves with i falling to earth whilst the other remained in the sky! After watching it for approx 2 mins i took my phone to take a picture then went to view it only to see nothing came out on it, looked up again but the light had completely disappeared. i have been thinking about this ever since as im dumbfounded and cannot imagine what it could be other than a ufo!

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Published Date: 31 December 2008
By Laura Jones
TWO couples from Deeside were left amazed after they spotted an unidentified object in the sky on Boxing Day.
Kelly Dawson had stepped outside her home on Boxing Day with friend Leanne Newby when they spotted a "flaming orange ball" hurtling towards them in the sky.

Kelly, of Sandy Way in Connah's Quay, said she had never seen anything like it before and is appealing to anyone else in the area who may have seen the "phenomenal sight", to get in touch with the Evening Leader.

Kelly, 24 said: "We were both outside and I looked up and asked Leanne what she thought it was.

"It was as high as a plane would be in the sky but it was moving towards us at some pace.

"It was about the size of a single traffic light and it was bright orange and looked like it was on fire, but there was absolutely no noise coming from it.

"I shouted for my husband Ian, and Leanne's husband, Lee, to come out to see what we were shouting about.

"We all stood back in astonishment – it was an amazing sight.

"It came closer and closer and then it flew over the house.

"We all ran around the back of the house to see where it had gone, but by that time it had disappeared."

Kelly reported the sighting to the police.

After researching on the internet, Kelly is confident that the sighting was of a UFO and not a meteorite.

"It didn't have a tail and it looked very similar to what other people have seen and from what I have seen from video evidence on the internet," said mum-of-one, Kelly.

"People have also said that when it was passing over their homes, it interfered with the electrics in their house.

"Our satellite broadcast TV went off six or seven times when this happened – so I am convinced that this was something from outer space!"

"This is the first time I have seen anything like this and it really has changed my opinion on UFOs and similar things.

"Before this sighting, I was quite sceptical about this kind of thing, but now I am convinced there is something out there."

The sighting comes after a number of reports of strange lights in the sky above Mynydd Isa on Christmas Day, and similar sightings across the region over the past year

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

edit to add
nly a handfull
, in my opinion theres something very strange is going on in our skies, even more so in this past year, sightings are getting more intense by the day. EXITING STUFF!!

[edit on 1/1/2009 by altered_states]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

The third video is deeply interesting.

At first, it seems to be one large object but then breaks up into separate entities and departs in a formation. The video is one of the most compelling UFO evidence I've seen for a significant period of time.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I'm pretty sure( i could be wrong) that that video and another like it were proved to be military planes flying in formation at night,in the first part they are grouped together and are head on later on they split up into twos and fly by in an arc.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The third video is deeply interesting.

At first, it seems to be one large object but then breaks up into separate entities and departs in a formation. The video is one of the most compelling UFO evidence I've seen for a significant period of time.

As days go by we are seeing more and more sightings of ufos ever "very exiting stuff" Ive been looking up to the stars for years now and seen the odd satellite and meteorite but lastnight was something different I was mesmerized by this light in the sky, Ive seen nothing anything like it before, It definatley wasnt a chinese lantern, A lantern wouldnt move and shine like that through thick clouds NO WAY

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
amazing videos
ive seen theese all year, in some periods more often than in other.

something is definately going on!

the sightings of "moving stars has increased by 500 times ie. 50000%, in summertime you could, at my location, wactch about 13 of theese on average for 3 hours of spending on the subject.

since summer the sightings have somewhat decreased, at my location, but the weather has been cloudy most of the time too.

but SOMETHING IS GOING ON,

please read this thread for further study of the subject!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skywatch

Yes something is going on and it's not marsh gas. These things are not miltary, they are like plasma organic and are connected to massive glowing radiant white motherships. The white type angle grinder orb that can morph into a religious white light of undescribable beaty is like something out the bible. I raelly think these lights are like religious godlike things.
Why the massive increase in sightings? They are here and maybe about to help us. A tough time on Earth and we now have the ability to kill the Planet many times over, maybe they are going to stop it and take away all the weapons?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In my opinion, the first video shows a typical release of sky lanterns. They resemble all the sky lanterns I've watched, including some we released at a wedding a few months ago.

The second video shows Jupiter and Venus when they were at conjunction a few weeks ago.

The third video has been discussed on ATS previously and was a night time military excercise using helicopters.

Happy 2009.

WG3

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is good stuff! S&F here.

I've made mention of this in numerous threads here.
I have been an active observer for years now and NEVER have I had NEARLY as many sightings as I've had this year alone. Six or Seven this year alone. Only Four in the previous 10 years or so of observing. Twice this year I observed a very, very bright craft in the sky with multiple witnesses! This happened two nights in a row at the EXACT SAME TIME in the EXACT SAME LOCATION!
Things are ramping up, that is for sure. It is truly an exciting time to be alive, for whatever is about to happen is going to be the most significant event in history, for better or worse.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I was with my friend about 9 o'clock last night what i saw seemed to be on fire and very high up in the sky. i would imagine a lantern or firework would'nt achive such a hight. It circled above us then stopped and then appered to leave the atmosphere. you could see the light dimming as it went away from us directly above. How would a firework or lantern do that, just stop and burn out? You would normally see it still travelling across the sky slowly burning out? All i can say is it was mind twisting.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nature_finds_away

That is somewhat similar to the two I saw recently. Well, they didn't appear to me to be on fire, but they both just kinda "bugged out" ya know?

Very high rate of speed, I would imagine. The result, from our perspective, was that they dimmed out and disappeared. I figure that in reality, whatever it was, just took off! GONE!!! Like a shot out of a rifle barrel.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds legit to me. Of course, some people would call a UFO a chinese lantern even if it flew up their butt. Don't let it bother you.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My husband and I were amazed to see a diamond shape object lit within which seemed to glow from the apex dark orange up to light golden colour, this object was then followed by nine further object the same in shape and size all flying from the east to west. The UFO flew out of the clouds at midnight last night first of all I thought it was a helicopter but there was no flashing light and it moved in silence we opened the windows to listen harder when another nine came out from the clouds, we watched them for about 3-4 minuets until they entered into the clouds again. The strange thing is they seemed to move purposely and slowly as though observing what was beneath.
Anyone else seen anything last night?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was in Nottingham last night and saw 3 of these glowing orange lights described. The first I saw in the distance and noticed it wasn't a star as it was too bright and moving, and that it definitely didn't look like plane lights. I watched it move across the sky fairly slowly until it suddenly disappeared. The second one I saw was more or less overhead, quite high up, maybe about 100-150 metres and was the same glowing orange colour as the first. It moved around quite a lot and flickered on and off, until it started falling rapidly towards me, and then it burst into flame and landed in the neighbours garden. It was about a foot wide and I'm guessing it was a chinese lantern or at least something on fire. The third one I saw was exactly the same as the first two, and overhead, but it fizzled out completely while it was still very high up in the sky.

This doesnt match the other descriptions of fast moving lights or lights splitting into two halves and I didn't see anything moving in any sort of formation... So whether this was part of the same thing I dont know.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

my family saw them at 12.10am in London - Grange Hill.  I saw about 8 UFOs and recorded 2 of them on video.  Today when we watched video we heard sounds which we didn't hear yesterday.  it is amazing, you should hear it. it sounds like whistlening and continued just 10-15 second, but we feel it could be message from them. we don't know who we need to give this material. it could be important to explore. what do you think
nataly
P.S. i couldn't find this sounds on piano, they are like 1/4 tone, but something like A F D A F D etc. if someone could understand it let me know. my e-mail is: *snip*

[edit on 1/1/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was watching the fireworks at the Thames River last night and I saw a group of the orange lights described. I tried to take photos of it but it came out blurry because i zoomed in all the way.

i filmed something so ill post it when I've uploaded it on youtube

It's quite weird because I was with my friend and I told her that i thought it was an UFO sighting and she just laughed at me but i thought i should check ATS and see if anyone else had the same sighting.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Catmafia

I think it is very disconcerting that people are lighting these things and letting them fly off without any concern that they may still be alight when they come back down (like the one you saw).Sounds like a accident waiting to happen ,as some of the cheaper lanterns on sale do not have flame retardant paper.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK and I've seen them tonight. Four or five of them, small orange lights that seemed to hovering over Ponteland, near or above Newcastle international airport. They were NOT planes.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was in Manchester (UK) city centre last night, but didn't see anything.
Mind, it was foggy and I was really drunk.

HOWEVER

On Sunday 21st December at about 11pm I saw something very odd above Wigan .. well, it appeared to be between Wigan and Manchester. A large glowing orange ball whizzing through the sky faster than ANYTHING I've ever seen.
Couldn't gauge altitude as there was no cloud and the object appeared distant, however myself and a friend observed it for a good 30 seconds before the view was blocked by a house.

I know I don't have a photo, but thats because I was staring at the sky in disbelief, instead of taking my eyes off the thing to scramble around the car looking for a camera in the hope the orange thing would still be there.

Very very odd, didn't look like anything man made. Its path almost looked like one of a large meteorite burning up, hence the glow - either way it was very odd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join