It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of UFO's being reported to U.K Talk Radio, now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ive just arose from a 2 hour power nap to find that my fiances friend has seen one whilst walking the dog she said it was travelling quite fast then just disappeared and then I read this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive never witnessed anything like this before, If it was chineese lanterns why would they choose 2009? they have never done this before so why now, to me something is going down till proved otherwise

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My friend and i saw a orange ball of light near Dartford the other night. I thought at first it was the top of a street light, until i realised it wasn't attached to the pole and it was moving at an angle as if on take off.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ive already started a new thread on this as i hadnt noticed this one,but i have seen one tonight.Orange and very high up moving in a diagonal direction then stopping then starting again,then disappearing as its ridiculously cloudy tonight,Definetly not fireworks or chinese lanterns btw.Maitreya connections???

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here's my picture and video

www.youtube.com...

the picture is shaky orange lines when really they looked like dots.. it looks like lines because i couldnt keep the camera still.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The video is interesting.

When the camera is still, you can clearly see the orange lights (circle shape) in the sky. Without going into personal details, can you describe the location you are in? Any natural occurrences that can produce those lights?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It was last night and I was on one of the bridges above the Thames River waiting for the fireworks display. Although there were light displays, it was completely different from anything that was being shown. A helicopter went by which proved to me that the lights weren't helicopters, and they were way too small and moving differently. After around a minute they suddenly disappeared. It must have been around 10 to 11 pm

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
PLEASE READ!!!!!!!

All of these dang "orange light" UFOs.....ALL OVER the united kingdom over the new year are LANTERNS.

last night I i looked upa and thought,,"what the HELL are THOSE"!!! I got my binoculars out, and they were lanterns.

LOADS and LOADS of people 'for one reason or another' bought lanterns this year.

Cheers

AoN

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Just noticed you are from Canterbury, just read in a local rag that they have closed the three Tuns pub after 400 years of trading .Damn the credit crunch that was a good pub.Also my sighting was in the Bay up the road uk.youtube.com...
Happy New Year

[edit on 2-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobob
After around a minute they suddenly disappeared. It must have been around 10 to 11 pm

That's because the 'flame' uder the lantern went out. I saw this happen in real time through the binoculars.

I'm not a skeptic or anything like that, i'm one of the biggest advocates for UFOs you could meet. But all this is just wasting peoples time, (not to mention police/news networks/ radio stations etc.)

In my opinion..MORE people need to carry a pair of Binoculars around with them, the skys are gonna get alot more 'curious' from now on

Cheers

AoN

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
4 weeks ago i was outside in a friends garden which is up on the wolds in north Yorkshire, there is zero light pollution so its a great place to view the stars,

the stars were out but about 30 miles out and maybe a mile up there was the biggest star like object in the air it looked like it had some sort of light bulb shape and was about 3-4 times bigger than the biggest star

it remained in the area stationary for around 15 minutes but it may of been there longer as it was there when i came out, this was no lantern and from where i viewed it was a power line pole so i new where to look in the future

it seemed to be near york and i looked in the papers for any sightings the next day or 2 but none, i have since looked in this direction again to see if it was a star or isi or satellite but to no avail but i believe this was not normal but what it was i don't know!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I live in Burnley Lancs and was one of the people who rang in to the radio station. Just after midnight I went to watch fireworks from my window, I saw what I thought was the final remains of two rockets but they were spiralling upwards. They hovered for a few seconds then continued in parallel with one another in a straight line over my house these were followed in short intervals by a further three pairs all heading in the same direction. They were orange (rather like an old fashioned torch bulb with a fading battery) First I thought they could be helicopters, we frequently have helicopters passing overhead though never more than one at a time but there was no noise at all when I opened the window the height was about the same as we normally see the choppers but as I said not a sound.
I do not normally believe in such things but this was weird.
Jass

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I shall add the video to my collection

Going to start documenting and investigating these sightings - There was an identical UFO supported in Ashford back in August.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hmmmmm....New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Celebrations...

Lanterns or mass-invasion....

Hmmmm which would you choose?

Originally posted by Rapacity
Another caller said they shoot across the sky, stop, reverse, move up and down.

Fishing line can be fun!

[edit on 1/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Have you got a link to the ashford video? Cheers Tarifa37
I would love to see it and well done and good luck, for taking an interest in local sightings.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ah, alas not - it was written in the Kent Messenger.

Women "freaked out" by UFO

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Ah, alas not - it was written in the Kent Messenger.

Women "freaked out" by UFO

Ah yes I saw this, I really think this one again is probably Chinese lanterns,I know they really are a bore
bloody things should be banned.
:

[edit on 1-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
I'm going to agree with the sceptical viewpoint and point to alcohol and fireworks setting off a spate of 'sightings'. Until i see evidence that these people weren't under the influence, i don't think we have much here.

Have you ever drank before? IT does not make you see thing.
2 lines

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

That is such a hogwash explaination!... The idea of Chinese lanterns circling one another and dropping orbs out of themselves is ridiculous.

A LOT of people on this site, and everywhere else for that matter, don't behave like rational skeptics at all. More like debunkers. Or naysayers.

Rubbish!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaart
I saw them last night too, I was in Stockport, Manchester and about 12:20 after celebrations a few of us went out side as there was some snow and we all got a bit excited and we saw 2 of them coming in from 1 direction and then we saw from another direction a sort of like stream of them 1 every 5 seconds would appear and then float quite high up from our right to left.

Possibly Lanterns but they were extremely bright and very high up, very bizzare indeed.

Did anyone else in the Manchester area see any ?

Cheers!

Nope. I live in Stockport and there's a lot of fireworks.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

No, alcohol doesn't make you hallucinate. But it certainly CAN make you misinterpret what you ARE seeing.

Alcohol will make you misinterpret a lot of stuff. Ever gotten drunk and just got pissed off at the world? You freak out over the littlest stuff you're told. Ever seen someone who is REALLY drunk standing around a fire and will just say "Wow, man. Wow".... It's just a damned fire! But they become mesmerized by it. I know, it has happened to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join