It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spate of UFO's being reported to U.K Talk Radio, now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm listening to Talk Radio and there are a lot of callers from all over the U.K reporting orange lights in the sky. The talk show host is asking callers to describe them and checking whether they're chinese lanterns or fireworks. So far, callers are saying they're smaller than a plane but larger than an air balloon. Don't sound like lanterns to me.

The show is broadcast live here (new.talksport.net...).

So far I've heard 3 callers report the same thing. The presenter says he's getting calls about them from all over the U.K.

Will update when I've heard more.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yikes!
Thanks for posting! Will definitely follow this to see what's going on. Star and a flag. Is it January 1st over there in the UK?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Reports are still coming in. One caller has said he's videoed them and reported them to his local Police. They told him they've received several UFO reports tonight.

Another caller said they shoot across the sky, stop, reverse, move up and down. Someone else whose seen chinese lanterns stated these orange lights being seen tonight are not behaving as lanterns. Another described them as having white underbellies.

Whatever these UFO's are, they've been seen flying into the U.K from over the channel. By the number of callers reporting them I'd say pictures will be printed in the newspapers/internet over the next few days. Can't wait to see them.

Edited to add: Yes it is Jan first in the U.K.

[edit on 31/12/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
its 3.02 am,we should get some sleep.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Im gonna check talksport out,hope its not too late.

I hate to put my sceptical hat on but there was a hell of alot of fireworks tonight.
Will have a quick look outside though,,, you never know.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm going to agree with the sceptical viewpoint and point to alcohol and fireworks setting off a spate of 'sightings'. Until i see evidence that these people weren't under the influence, i don't think we have much here.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Brrrr,its freezing out there.Very misty and cant see the stars.
Where were the reports coming from?

There talking about bloody football now.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kilgour

How could they be talking about football at a time like this??

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
haha,I know.
There talking about it now!
a couple of people of have filmed it.Sounds like northern thing.
The dude sounds sober as a judge and can tell the difference between a firework,he described it (and a previous caller) a bright cross,yellow in colour and flashing.Very large.
Im changing my mind with the firework/booze angle.
Loads of people are calling in describing the same thing!!!
Woman at the moment describes it as low flying triangle.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Originally posted by Kilgour

How could they be talking about football at a time like this??

I know, disgusting, isn't it.

They're talking about UFO's again now. I would've thought they were fireworks or lanterns (some might be) but they must have jet packs attached to them if they're lanterns. Plus, they're silent.

They've been seen in Cambridge, Dorset, County Durham, Scotland (didn't catch the region), and other places.

[edit on 31/12/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
*look at us look at us were the future pretending to be aliens in order to create a veil for our actions*

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
My guess is that the military times it's test runs for the new planes at times like this, when it can reasonably get away with calling it fireworks or chinese lanterns. It's just gone new years right? well 7 hours ago, when it happened, they'll be calling it fireworks.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What was the location?

There has been recent activity in Kent, I'm positive a few were military aircraft but some were extremely ostentatious in movement.

I've been considering organising a group to research these sightings - we've had a unusual amount of activity recently.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
They are not wrong there as I seen one last night over sunderland northeast uk, I was travelling in a taxi when I looked out the window and saw a orange light in the sky first it was motionless then moved from side to side real slow, I just couldnt believe what I was seeing, It was no plane and definatley no fireworks, I couldnt get any pics as I only had my crappy work phone with me which doesnt have a camera, not that it really matters

edit to add: The times where approx 19.20pm GMT

[edit on 1/1/2009 by altered_states]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think a member from the US just posted a similar sighting on this board, I'll try to get a link.

Link

There was actually another one that I'll try to find

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Raustin]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I saw them last night too, I was in Stockport, Manchester and about 12:20 after celebrations a few of us went out side as there was some snow and we all got a bit excited and we saw 2 of them coming in from 1 direction and then we saw from another direction a sort of like stream of them 1 every 5 seconds would appear and then float quite high up from our right to left.

Possibly Lanterns but they were extremely bright and very high up, very bizzare indeed.

Did anyone else in the Manchester area see any ?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Heres some other info on recent sightings

UFO sighting spooks Carlisle couple
By Phil Coleman
Last updated 11:01, Wednesday, 31 December 2008

A Carlisle couple claim to have had a close encounter after they saw strange lights in the sky over Houghton.
UFO photo
A UFO - have you seen one?

Heather Rayson, 52, and her husband Adrian, 53, had been enjoying a quiet night in at their home in Tribune Drive, Houghton, on Sunday.

But at 8.10pm Heather, who works at the city’s McDonald's restaurant in Kingstown, recalled how her she and her husband had been watching TV.

“Adrian just suddenly sat up, looked towards the window, and said: ‘What’s that?’.”

The couple spent the next six or seven minutes staring in fascination at a bizarre collection of oval lights, some static in the air, some moving. “I told my husband to get his camera, so he could take photos of them,” said Heather.

“It was a cloudless night and I remember just thinking ‘wow!’. It was something we just couldn’t explain.”

Heather is adamant that the lights could not have been laser lights or candle-lit paper Chinese lanterns, which are currently popular in some parts of the county.

They have been known to float high into the night sky on thermals.

She said: “Some of the lights were still, and some moved quite fast, converging on the others and then they all just rose up and disappeared.”

Two other people reported seeing similar lights at around 5pm on Christmas Eve over Cummersdale.

The Raysons are not the first Cumbrians to this year witness strange phenomenon in the night sky.

Some people are so fascinated by the idea of alien life visiting earth that they devote hours each week to investigating the subject.

Workington based UFO investigator Sharon Larkin, 36, believes that most UFO sightings can be explained in earthly terms, but not all of them.

“There are a handful that can’t be explained,” said Sharon.

During 2008, there have been some memorable sightings, some strange enough to make the headlines.

Sharon says some reports are the result of a trend to light paper lanterns which can be lifted high into the air by thermal currents, even on cold nights.

Others have been harder to explain, she said, particularly those over the Solway in the area around Dundrennan.

Memorable UFO sightings during 2008 in Cumbria include:

December: several reports of a cluster of orange lights flitting around the sky at around 8pm;

www.newsandstar.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
We saw these to in Gillingham, kent just after midnight.

A strange orange light moving slowly across the sky. We watched it for ten minutes and had only had a couple of drinks so know we were not drunk, even our kids and our friends and there kids saw this.

Def was not a plane to low and to slow and was def to big for a lanturn.

Any ideas?

ps we do not believe in space ships, but at the mo we can not hazzard a guess at what this was

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venit
I'm going to agree with the sceptical viewpoint and point to alcohol and fireworks setting off a spate of 'sightings'. Until i see evidence that these people weren't under the influence, i don't think we have much here.

so your telling me that I seen some sort of roman candle flying in the sky extremly brightly through thick clouds even before I consumed some beverages? dont be so ignorant and face up to the facts, you dont need any pictures just google and look at all the compelling evidence ie sightings
UK , USA , CANADA, all over the damn place, and if these where some sort of military planes being tested ill eat my grandads heavily soiled underpants.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

If it was "all over the damn place" it would not be reported just by a handful of people, right?

I think we have to wait for more information, too little at this time, but I guess this is all we going to get, just some lights in the sky with no possibility of identification.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by altered_states

If it was "all over the damn place" it would not be reported just by a handful of people, right?

I think we have to wait for more information, too little at this time, but I guess this is all we going to get, just some lights in the sky with no possibility of identification.

Well I seen it and never repoted it,I wonder how many people like me are out there? and I would call england, scotalnd, usa and canada "all over the damn place" or a extremely large area of the globe
to have seen these strange lights. I guess we will have to see

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join