It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Gaza: 'No Comment'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The aftermath of the Bush administration seems to have infected far too many people, people who still assume that every damned world conflict is the President of the USA's top priority, even the President-elect's.

Maybe it is time for the USA to take a more hands off position in the Middle East, and adopt a more neutral position of diplomacy and mediation only if called on.

It is not OUR fight... it is not necessarily OUR problem.

We have enough problems at home to deal with.

The Israeli Palestinian issues are not going to change, peace isn't going to happen because the USA demands it... We can't rule the world, just ask the exiting Bush administration... They tried for 8 years and failed.

Barack rather than a no comment should have said... "It's none of our business"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'd like a response from both obama and bush, I think the fact that both of them are silent on this issue is sickening. Of course I also think what the israelis are doing is sickening as well. Some of the worst human rights violations are taking place over there all the time, and yet, you hear nothing about it on the MSM. Sad state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Mdv2

It is always heartening to see that Europe has learned from the US. Certainly, brokering the negotiations between the Russians and Georgians were important. The Russians were worried about their pipeline going through Georgia and the Europeans were, also.
The US led the reluctant Europeans to stop the Bosnian genocide. The Europeans now officially watch the genocide in Darfur and claim superior motives. Some of the problems of Africa lead directly back to European colonialism. I believe the Dutch had a hand in some of them.

The US policies you condemn do not reflect the positions of all Americans. Your insistence that the President-elect make a statement on an important issue before he is President and that also aligns with your personal view may not be realized. It is unfortunate that you think what you do but perhaps that opinion will change over the next four years.

The EU has know decades of powerlessness, but that's changing now. Power is shifting away from the US back to the EU and Asia. By no means I am insinuating that the EU is all good. We are not. Darfur makes me as angry as the Israeli-Palestine conflict. The lack of a military has been a crucial factor, in my opinion.

America itself has been as bad as Europe when it comes to colonization. It supported Indonesia, for instance, to become independent with the mere purpose that their own corporations could benefit from the new markets, not because they cared so much about their independence. After all, America is familiar with colonization as well, as you might know. Additionally, colonization long ago came to an end, Africa is still a troublesome continent (decades later) and nothing changed. Go ahead if you want to blame Europe for that, I blame the Africans themselves.

The majority of Americans supported Bush... not once.... but twice!!! They had a chance for change: Ron Paul. Although I have little hope Obama is different, I hope he will be. I hope that I can look up to the US like I did when I was young.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

You are correct about Africa, much of the problem is tribalism. The colonial boundaries did not take tribal boundaries into account and when the colonies became countries, the boundaries remained without the overlord holding violence in check. This was paralleled in Yugoslavia.

All of us hope that we can again look up to the US as we did when we were young.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well at least he didn't just say "PRESENT".

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Obama speech at AIPAC...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Jeez people, you are from ATS - by now you should know one thing

obama will speak when he is told what to say.

"W" knows the ropes by now, the USA will defend Isreal, so our position is best left silent.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
OBAMA IS a big fat fraud controlled by the illuminati people.

go to alex jones channel at youtube for more info.

He's one of the best mass manipulator boy on this planet.

He is the king and the american people are slaves of him.

He can brainwash everyone with his glorious speeches, he can open emotions by anyone who can ever doubt about him.

He's the devil in disguise.

Know these facts about him and look for them on youtube.

A brilliant masterplan has been made by the illuminati.

2009-2012 will be horrifying years full with fear and blood prepare yourself world we are going on a big ride.

The one who don't fear death be glorious and live without fear and only love.

Zero point and Love are the answers to all problems.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What kind of a world we live in when someone doesnt comment and it makes headlines..............

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The president elect often follows certain protocol in regards to what they say/do while the current president is still in office.

I don't personally buy into the whole Barack is "change" mindset - because clearly some of his recent regime picks scream the opposite.

But in this case. I wouldn't think it wise for him to speak out -
before it is his turn to do so. He hasn't the power to stop this war.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i have to agree with the few people looking at the big picture on here right now, cut the man some slack hes not even the president yet for god sake. in fact you should be happy that hes not sticking his nose in every one else's business like all the other presidents we have had

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't respond either untill I had all of the intelligence briefings and what not. The problem with that I'm guessing is that he's not acting president, as of yet, and therefore is still reliant on the current sitting president and his administration to fill him in. Responding before getting all of the facts is the same sort of mentality that got us into the war in Iraq. "They've got wmds, lets blow em up".... "Ok that's done now where are all the wmds?? Oh there aren't any?"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How would Obama giving a statement do anything to diffuse the situation?

How would it change the fact that 200 people were killed today in Gaza, and the fact that the people of Israel live in constant fear of a Hamas rocket falling from the sky?

I can't not question the heavy handed actions of the Israeli military, but in the face of indiscriminate rocket fire and suicide bombings, on some level I can understand it.

ATS is crawling with your lot these days, just looking for a chance to jump on President-elect Obama even though he has yet to even tale the reigns from Ol' Dubya.

Obama didn't launch these airstrikes, and whether he condones or condemns these actions won't make a lick of difference in the Middle East.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Monger]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by Maxmars

No, his silence shows he condones the attack in Gaza, probably gave his approval. If he was outrage, he should express it without any fear of retaliation by the Jews if he actually believes in peace.

In the world of politics, a 'no comment' is a pretty loud statement on Israel. Don't underestimate it. Its not that he is scared of them or just enjoying his holiday as some people have said, he is making point here. Probably one of the loudest made by a president o the subject...but is it for or against the attack? dunno...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by JanusFIN

You might have missed this but, possibly, he didn't respond because he is not the President, yet. It is still Dubya's job to respond for the country and the job of his administration to deal with the issues. Obama has no power and no say in anything. Why would he interfere at this point?

Wait? You mean there is no Office of the President-Elect? Sonofa... He lied! He lied to me. Here I was thinking that he was the President-Elect, giving advice and plans and policies and making appointments to office, all about what he was going to do if we gave him the Office of the President-Elect, and it turns out he made the whole thing up!

from www.foxnews.com...

Face it. He's a con man. He runs a slick operation. He's no different. No change.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A smart move by Obama. There are many different facets to this story no matter how you look at it, and Obama can't be heard from condoning either side. Every party involved here, except for the innocent civilians, have taken part in despicable acts against the other.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread422489/pg1#pid5529243]

got to feel sorry for him

FEEL SORRY FOR HIM ?!!?

im a fan of the man , but feel sorry ? no !
he wanted this job, now he has to follow thro with his promised and "change our world"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It will be mildly interesting to me to see how long the Obama fanitics are willing to continue attempting to sustain their collective "Faux Camelot" pipe dream.

I would never be so arrogant as to deny the historical significance of his being elected POTUS, but I find it more than tragic that America has chosen a president whose only qualification I can discern is that he was able to successfully navigate our bastardized political process.

Perhaps the answer IS to refrain from even having a brief news conference expressing at least a grain of concern for the tragic events unfolding in Gaza.

After the debacle of W's last 8 years, it might be successfully argued that Obama is best serving America by lounging about in Hawaii seemingly oblivious to worldly concern. Hell... he could call it his "Maui Wowie Diplomacy"! Head firmly entrenched in the sand with arse held aloft as a banner of bland mediocrity.

I can't help but be reminded of the video footage of Georgie B. in the elementary school as the attacks of 9/11 played out. Even now he is shat-kickin around his Crawford digs! Wow! now thats quite the political legacy you're leavin there G-man!

And Oh yes, please MSM. Moooore footage of our Pres. Elect frolicking in the waves as our country hurls ever faster towards societal, economic, and geopolitical doom! These are most assuredly the images that should be conveyed to America and the people of the World, for they illicit such unfaltering confidence!

Everything's ***A.O.K.*** here! Don't you all worry yer pretty lil heads! Big Kahuna Obama gonna solve all the Whirl's problems! Don't ya know??? He told you so during his Campaign of Change! HAHAHAHA

Folks, I suppose we can all kick back now and bear witness to the miraculous "CHANGE" that is now in the very process of manifesting.

BEHOLD!!! Emperor Nero VI (a.k.a.Georgie B.) shall now metamorphisize into Emperor Nero VII (a.k.a. Kahuna Obama) and hand off the beloved, illustrious "Stradivarius Americus" which shall sound forth with jaunty tune, so as to complement the visual delight of ROME BURNING ASUNDER ........

i think i'm gonna puke

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Perhaps Obama hadn't seen much news at that time........

POWER was being restored to Hawaii's most-populous island of Oahu on Saturday after a massive blackout that left hundreds of thousands of people, including President-elect Barack Obama, in the dark.

www.news.com.au...

Just thought I'de throw that in from left field

Mungo

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

I believe that his house has a generator just for these power outages.
Yep I was right...three generators even.

news.yahoo.com...
Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann said three generators had been installed earlier for Obama's rented compound. A fourth generator sent by Hawaiian Electric Co. was turned away, he said.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join