It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Gaza: 'No Comment'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Obama on Gaza: 'No Comment'

news.antiwar.com

"There was no immediate comment on the Israeli air strikes on Gaza from Obama, who is vacationing with his family in Hawaii, or his staff."

This is how our incoming President has reacted to the worst attack on the Palestinian people in 20 years – by not reacting at all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
“Obama is the greatest leader of a generation” who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who just magically “inspires” by giving speeches.

But today he keeps silence... ???

Doesnt give a good sign from "change", uh?

I just dont trust that guy at all... Sorry to say, but hope is our worst enemy, it doesnt make us do anything, than just wait that some of our hopes come true.

"Change", yeah, right. You could first paint some blue stripes to White House, then there would be in news pictures something "we all can believe in..."

news.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

well hes damned if he does
and damned if he doesnt.

you got the Jewish lobby group that would jump on him like wolfs if he said anything against Israels strikes.

and if Says they are justified he will get hell for siding with Israels barberic actions.

got to feel sorry for him

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Screw the Jewish lobby!
I'm waiting for the "Change" he promised. The most meaningful change this guy could implement would be to smack the jews down and put them in their place instead being their lapdog. Let's see if this guy actually has a pair and makes that change or it if it is just more of the same. I suspect and fear the latter.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
well hes damned if he does
and damned if he doesnt.

That goes along with the job. There will be people who like what you do and people who won't. This isn't a job that he can just vote 'present' for like he did in the senate. Looks like he's going to try to carry on just like he did there ...

got to feel sorry for him

I don't. He asked for the job. Now he has to stand up and do it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

He isn't going to smack down the Jewish lobby.
Not with a pick like Emanuel to be by his side.
And yes, Kozmo, I agree with your post. All of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

normaly i wouldnt agree with you, and would say somthing to counter your post,
but admititdly your right. he took the Job and now he has to show his true colours

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
i think no matter what he said he would be shouted down for not doing SOMTHING right
Damned if you do and damned if you dont

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You might have missed this but, possibly, he didn't respond because he is not the President, yet. It is still Dubya's job to respond for the country and the job of his administration to deal with the issues. Obama has no power and no say in anything. Why would he interfere at this point?

link   

Originally posted by bodrul
normaly i wouldnt agree with you, and would say somthing to counter your post,

Cuz' we have sooooooooo much fun poking the heck at each other!

but admititdly your right.

Let us drink to our agreement!!

Obama is big on news conferences. I give him a
for that.
But all those news conferences are about things within his power.
This situation is huge - a world wide type thing.
Yet now he decides not to have a news conference? Not even a statement?
What I see is more of the voting 'present' like when he was in the senate.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sadly Flyer, you're right. The second he named Rahm Emmanuel I knew that we were in for more of the same old, same old. He's also a fan of Zbigniew Brzezinski, a devoted zionist puppetmaster.

There will be no change that we can all believe in. And hope is a waste of time! You can put "hope" in one hand and dog crap in the other and then tell me which hand has more in it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't care either way, but let me just say.

He is not President Obama, he is presidental-elect Obama.

He is on vacation, and I would say he has every right to be after the last two years of hard campaigning.

We still have President Bush to handle the comments on Gaza, whatever Obama says doesn't change the current situation. If he is on vacation, and he is not the president, then he has every right to have time with his family and not get involved with politics for a few days.

President Bush is still the dictator for the moment, so don't worry.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Frankly the Jewish lobby in this country has our government snowballed. The honest truth is that Israel is committing crimes against humanity, including genocide on a daily basis but thanks to the Jewish lobby here we never hear anything but one side of the story.

The MSM gets a watered down version of events that happen in Israel, and it's heavenly filtered to show that the Israelis are right in what they are doing to the palestinian people.

No wonder Obama can't say anything about the obvious terrorist attacks against the palestinians. No matter what he says it will be bad for him

Course he can always go with the standard line. "There is only one president at a time"

Honestly Mr. Obama, America has given up on quick duck W. Sure officially you will be sworn in as president on January 20th but this country needs a leader now. This lame duck ain't going to cut it. He doesn't care he has less than a month now to ruin everything we need someone in charge in the interim and that person is you Mr Obama.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
he didn't respond because he is not the President, yet.

That hasn't stopped him before. Obama even wanted to move into the Blair house EARLY - by now - so he could transition in early and 'reign'
from across the street of the White House. The guy is in a real hurry to
be in charge - and considering that he has 3 weeks to go until he's
POTUS, it would be good to know where he stands.

Originally posted by kozmo
He's also a fan of Zbigniew Brzezinski, .

That's one very frightening dude.
His daughter, Mika, gives me the heebie-jeebies as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sometimes the best comment is silence. To say nothing only means he has chosen to say nothing, not that he doesn't have an opinion. As someone else posted, he is not yet the president, it is not his place to comment on these affairs.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
President-elect Obama is suffering from a political yoke. He cannot speak without careful consideration to relationships and ties that we are not privy to.

Such is the burden of lies we call "International Relations".

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

When following these discussions here in ATS, we all have our opinion from Israeli acts to tell to each others, and we have great need to say that...

Isnt it strange that man, who "will decide" Israeli armaments after couple of weeks, doesnt have anything to say?

- Does he think anything by himself... = ?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No, his silence shows he condones the attack in Gaza, probably gave his approval. If he was outrage, he should express it without any fear of retaliation by the Jews if he actually believes in peace.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Fascinating.... A no comment makes top headline news... Film at 11:00!

Later, an in depth special report on the Obamas selection of white house toilet paper.... Stay Tuned!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Fascinating.... A no comment makes top headline news...

It should. When the new POTUS elect - scheduled to take office in 3 weeks - has no comment on something of this world magnitude - it definately SHOULD be of interest. It's just another 'present' vote - like in the senate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join