It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

edition.cnn.com

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Israeli aircraft launched air attacks across Gaza Saturday, apparently targeting Hamas leadership and their bases, according to a Gaza-based reporter.

Palestinian medical sources said at least 35 people were dead.

"Many killed and many injured," the reporter told CNN.

"People are running in the streets," he said.

The reporter, who is not being named for safety reasons, said the attacks, which are hitting across Gaza, appeared to be the biggest he has seen in his decades there.

Video from the scene showed severely wounded people loaded into cars and driven to hospitals.

There was no immediate statement from the Israeli military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 12/27/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
WOE ! ok so the long awaited Israeli attack on the Hamas occupied Gaza strip has begun! The latest news that I just read from cnn reports that there has been 100 palestinians killed so far!

I don't mean to be a dooms day announcer, but folks... buckle up... i think this could very well be the start of world war 3!!! Look now for an intense battle to erupt between israel and hamas, with Hezbolah beginning it's attack, and then Syria and Iran joining in within the next week...

Keep in mind that the bible says that Damascus will cease to be a city, and I have a feeling that we have just seen the spark that will egnite that prophecy!

With India and Pakistan on the verge of war, and various high profile policticians predicting something big within the first 6 months of Obamas Presidency, I believe we are fast approaching the end of the age..

What do you guys think? Comments please...

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/27/2008 by semperfortis]

[edit on 27-12-2008 by savetimerushonline]

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
11:00 am Greenwich Mean Time, Sky and the BBC report that the death toll is 140+

This is proving to be Palestine's 9/11 and like in New York, there are definitely Dancing Israelis high fiving as we speak.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Sky News UK. IDF report "Tanks ready to push all the way to the Sea."

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Israel attacks Gaza, more than 120 reported killed
www.reuters.com...

More than 120 people were killed and 200 were wounded in the attacks, Al Jazeera said, citing the head of the Gaza ambulance service.

Hamas police spokesman Islam Shahwan said a police compound in Gaza City had been hosting a graduation ceremony for new personnel when it was attacked. Police chief Tawfiq Jabber was among the dead, the radio said.

"I'm afraid we have at least 40 dead," Shahwan said.

Police - Terrorist?

WTF

Al Jazeera,
Israeli missiles target Gaza
english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 27-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
No doubt more innocents killed than their clamed "offical military target" kills. Im sure they are very proud and standing tall for their feathers in the hat as they go about their little killing spree.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

IDF military radio "Attacks against Hamas only just beginning." The ball is rolling?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

If it makes them feel better, and makes the public feel better, they will call an innocent child killed in their stupid war a terrorist so that they hide whats really going on and not be seen as outright murderers to justify their kills.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

I think someone should stop reading the Bible, have a cup of tea and relax. This isn't World War III, you are the 1,00,000 member to proclaim it's arrival this year

Israel and Syria have made positive signs regarding a peace deal, Golan Heights could be returned to Syria in a peace agreement. The Syrian government has good relations with Britain and French now; it will not jeopardise or risk isolation by potential involvement.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Hamas fired 80 rockets into Israel on Wednesday. That is not a token thing, that was terror, now here is the promised responce from Ehud!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Israel is going for peace with Syria but here it's not possible with 80 rockets fired daily from here. This is Iran pure and simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Israel and Syria have made positive signs regarding a peace deal, Golan Heights could be returned to Syria in a peace agreement. The Syrian government has good relations with Britain and French now; it will not jeopardise or risk isolation by potential involvement.

Lady your drunk on the river DENIAL.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

well you are right. it is not a WWIII already but for sure it is a mass murder. it happens there from time to time so nothing to be scared about. but maybe sign of the condition of our souls.

if we will treat it as a normal issue we are lost as a civilization...

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by RFBurns

Hamas fired 80 rockets into Israel on Wednesday. That is not a token thing, that was terror, now here is the promised responce from Ehud!

So Isreals respone is to act even more inhumane than hamas. Both sides are stupid. The innocent civillians in the middle of this on both sides don't deserve this chaos.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

link   

Hamas began the bombardment. Is this a little to tricky to understand?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

And what did Israel do that provoked Hamas to fire those 80 at Israel? Its nothing but a back and forth continuous same conflict for decades and the same nonsense that has been going on ever since.

Sounds to me like both are in the wrong and are only killing off innocents on both sides of this rediculous conflict.

As I said before in the other threads over this rediculous conflict, it is the innocent civilians bearing the brunt.

YAY, more senseless killing in God's land. Im sure God just loves it.

Cheers!!!!

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

As I have said on another post, Israel conducts mass killing on high holidays. Roughly the same dates for the Jenin, Bethlehem and West Bank attacks over the last few years.

Also the news programmes are reporting that Israel claims that it is bombing Hamas 'compounds'. They must mean police stations and colleges. Hamas does not exit in 'compounds', the are the elected government and are everywhere.

The word 'compound' is for US viewer's consumption to make them think that Hamas are holed up in one place waiting for Israeli strikes. In reality if Israel thinks that a Hamas official is in an apartment building, they will flatten it. Occupants killed along with the target hit are classified as collateral damage.

Israel is a bandit state embarking on a murder spree.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Hamas started attacking Israel last Friday, 80 missiles being fired alone on Wednesday! IDF were never going to sit idly by!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I think someone should stop reading the Bible, have a cup of tea and relax. This isn't World War III, you are the 1,00,000 member to proclaim it's arrival this year

Although I agree that this is not World War III, I am of opinion that World War III will erupt from various conflicts around the world as well as the financial turbulence which will quickly worsen. The Middle East has always been a powder keg, but these days the situation is more severe than it ever has been. One madman is enough to set the ''house'' on fire and there you go. In world war I it was Gavrilo Princip, in World War II it was Hitler and now we only need Pakistani insurgents to commit a coup d'etat or Israel launching an air strike on Iran to get the major powers of this world involved and the conflict spreading throughout the world.

Girl (you are a girl right?
), Israel is not gonna give up the Golan heights anytime soon. The Golan heights are of such strategic importance that they will not give them to Syria. Israelis I have spoken to have all acknowledged that.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

You might try doing a little research and find out what Israel did to provoke Hamas. There are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join