It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza

page: 74
<< 71  72  73   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

I watched the vid and can agree with you, some of it is laughable. This does not mean the Palestinians are the bad guys, anymore than the Iraelis are the good guys

What makes anyone think that the Israelis can not also do this????

Both have a cause therefore both will resort to propaganda.

res

Don't buy an iota of it. This is Israeli psyops and very clumsy too. All they did is produce a bunch of 3D graphics, spin it around and tell what to see. What was the point of the 60 minutes programme at the head of the lies?

The first lie was the Palestinian police man getting shot. He moved pretty fast and landed flat without breaking his fall.

Go to 3:05 on the Youtube video and see the dust kicking up with the bullets flying in front of the ambulance. The narrator said there were no bullets. Kind of explains why the police man was dragged and bundled into the ambulance.

The rest of the video narration was about the mayhem and he tells you what to see. He comments about a man sheltering by the kerb and suggests that he is playing dead. I would do the same if bullets were flying about down the road from unknown directions.

What about the Palestinian shooting into the room from the outside? Perhaps he was shooting through it to the other side. Full metal jackets AK 47 bullets can go through breeze blocks. Maybe he was shooting through a window on the other side. How do we know, but I know the narrator was not there otherwise he would have been shot by the Palestinians.

Pallywood is a zionist invention.

[edit on 083131p://pm3134 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I found this today, and it is a telling story of how the criminal acts of Israel have affected Palestinian Christians (as well as all civilians in Palestine):

www.kawther.info...

(The author of this diary is Kawther Salam, a Palestinian, who fled to Vienna, Austria, where she currently lives a refugee.)

The Priest of the Roman Catholic Church in Gaza, Monsignor Emmanuel Musallam sent God his wish during the prayer of the new year 2009. He said he wished to see the Israeli criminals Ehud Barak, Ehud Olmert, and Tzipi Livni trialed as a war criminals. In Gaza the Christian population is about 3355 Palestinians. the-roman-catholic-in-gaza-monsignor-emmanuel-musallamThe Palestinians newspapers published that Monsignor Emmanuel Musallam was obliged to cancel the traditional night prayers for the new year in Gaza. He asked: How will the voices of our prayers arise to glorify God? And how will the songs of joy of the New Year 2009 be sung while the sounds of the Israeli bombs shock the earth and the sky of Gaza? How will the songs of the new year arise while and the Israeli airplanes arise above everything? Priest Musallam said that he cancelled the nightly prayer to worship God in Gaza, and that new prayer times had been invented during the day, but that no one came to pray in the Church. The Israeli criminals are murdering anybody who goes out to pray, to buy bread, or to walk in the streets. This is a clear horror and a war crime, added Monsignor Emmanuel Musallam. “We had lived for years under the criminal Israeli siege, but now the siege of Gaza became a hurricane of war crimes and crimes against humanity. I hope the day will come when we see the trial of Ehud Barak, Ehud Olmert, and Tzipi Livni, as war criminals broadcast in the TV stations. This is my wish during the prayer of the new year 2009″. Iyad Aziz Al-Sayegh, a Roman Orthodox and the Managing Director of Al-Ahli Al-Arabi Hospital in Gaza, said “there is no taste of the Christmas and New Year in Gaza: We are living a terrible and frightening horror in Gaza; We are living a continuous state of mourning. We have not seen a truculent horror attack like this before.” He added: “We have not decorated our Christmas tree this year, as we are barely keep our lives”, adding that he lives in finest Al-Rimal neighborhood of Gaza, where the elegant buildings have been turned to ashes and rubble, and that the city has become a town of ghosts without electricity or water”.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I do not side with Israelis, Palestinians or Zionists.

I can not be swayed to "pick" a side and therefore try to remain impartial.

Al these posts are food for thought...that is a good thing

A sad, sick and sorry state of affairs for all.

respectfully,
res

[edit on 1-1-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
I have an entire thread started.I guess someone needs a history lesson.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Anytime you wish to discuss History, feel free, what would you care to talk about?

I think others have answered your questions in that thread. Since the Jews are descendants of Abraham, perhaps Israel should be in the region that Abraham originally inhabitated? Now where would that be.......? Almost every nation on earth has carved their existence out by killing/displacing/assimilating other inhabitants of the region. Why pick out the Jews and the Palestinians? Perhaps the Arabs should give back Algeria, Morroco, Libya ect to the North Africans, if you want to use that train of thought. The vast majority of Americans better head back to their homelands....where they will displace the current reisidents.

Well same people, you know it runs in the blood. Iranians=persians.

What convulated logic, even a tinge of Sterotyping. So the Visigoths =Spainards, The Franks are the equivelent of the Modern French and the Germans= The Teutonic Knights and the Imperial Roman Empire= Italy. Just absurd.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by pavil]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I think others have answered your questions in that thread. Since the Jews are descendants of Abraham, perhaps Israel should be in the region that Abraham originally inhabitated? Now where would that be.......? Almost every nation on earth has carved their existence out by killing/displacing/assimilating other inhabitants of the region. Why pick out the Jews and the Palestinians? Perhaps the Arabs should give back Algeria, Morroco, Libya ect to the North Africans, if you want to use that train of thought. The vast majority of Americans better head back to their homelands....where they will displace the current reisidents.

Sure they did, every link they offer comes from a bias source.

Yes so let the zionist kill the Palestinians and take the land, bravo.
Not stating that the jews were not around long ago there also, but that you just can not push people from their land with force and not expect that they fight with whatever they have at their disposal.
Israel is the problem, it's causing problems.No Israel=no more problems.
The jews and the palestinians can create a state after the fall of the old one.Where you have mixed police, military and goverment.You can't create 2 states since inhabitants jews and palestinians alike are all over the place and lay claim to the land.Israel as a state will never have peace.
It was designed by some for this very good reason.

What convulated logic, even a tinge of Sterotyping. So the Visigoths =Spainards, The Franks are the equivelent of the Modern French and the Germans= The Teutonic Knights and the Imperial Roman Empire= Italy. Just absurd.

Yes and they take their heritage with honor and pride because they know what they are.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Habitual, aren't you? As a zionist you disassociate the Palestinians from their land, history and their Semitism. Now you wish to disassociate the Germans, Spanish, Persians, and Italians from their proud and illustrious histories.

Yet in the midst of this denial of people's ancestral heritage, you probably peddle the hoax that the Askenazim are Semites on the strength of parts of ancient mitochondrial DNA. You go back far enough you'll probably lay claim to the continent of Africa.

We know that zionists are an effusive lot of atheist fanatics swallowing everything you want including falafels. Apparently falafels are Israel's number 1 national dish dragged over from the Steppes of Russia and all the way to the Promised Land.

[edit on 083131p://pm3141 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

This has been in the making for a long time. Go get em'. Obama will be challenged in the first hours of his term.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
will obama do the `right` thing in the name of the Christian heavenly father?? and send in the Marines to seperate BOTH sides and put his foot down and say ENOUGH to BOTH sides?

or will be be cowed by the heathen Israelies and do nothing?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
you know this is what happens when terrorist organisations are allowed to run countries,(i don't think i would like 80 rockets a day being fired at my town), didn't people actually vote these terrorists into power, I feel sorry for those who have lost people in this but maybe they should choose their leaders more carefully, I do realize that terrorists do kind of put themselves in charge, they are like a disease, lets face it there's always going to be someone with an axe to grind, a reason to shoot or bomb someone or something, they have only their own interests at heart, selfish bullies and cowards.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Palestinians would be smart to embrace Israel, and the technological abilities they bring to the Middle East. This tit for tat game is soley a losing proposition for Palestine. Maybe this time, they will wipe out Hamas, and end the hostilities once and for all. That would be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cozerocks
didn't people actually vote these terrorists into power, I feel sorry for those who have lost people in this but maybe they should choose their leaders more carefully, I do realize that terrorists do kind of put themselves in charge,

Well, maybe, and maybe not!

1) There was a huge difference in the polls before the election and what the results were! Were people just lying about who they were going to vote for before the elections?

2) There was also a HUGE difference in what the exit polls (poll taken of who people voted for after they voted) and the results of the elections were!Were people AGAIN just lying to the pollsters about who they voted for?

Were The Palestinian Election Results Falsified In Favor Of Hamas?

The early exit polls that occurred during the Palestinian elections indicated that the Fatah party was winning with Hamas coming in second.

According to the Chicago Tribune, an exit poll conducted by Bir Zeit University showed Fatah winning 63 seats in the 132-member parliament with 46.4 percent of the vote, and Hamas winning 58 seats with 39.5 percent. Smaller parties received 11 seats, according to the poll, which had a one-seat (3 percent) margin of error. The poll surveyed 8,000 voters in 232 polling stations.

A poll published by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Ramallah, headed by Khalil Shikaki, showed Fatah winning 42 percent of the national vote and Hamas 35 percent with a margin of sampling error of 2 percentage points. This meant 58 seats for Fatah and 53 seats for Hamas. Smaller parties received 13 seats, and 8 other seats were too close to call, according to the poll, which surveyed 17,573 voters in 242 polling stations.
******SKIP******
The few and far between press reports regarding the highly questionable Palestinian election results explain away the discrepency with exit polls as a consequence of voters lying about their support for Hamas when queried. While this might account for some bias in the sampling, it is foolhardy to believe that this explains away a 20-25 percentage point differential. This sort of gulf is a statistical Grand Canyon that requires a seemingly unprecedented source of bias to occur.

An obvious possible explanation for the statistical discrepency between the exit polls and reported election results is fraud.

While Jimmy Carter and other naive monitors of the Palestinian elections declared that the elections were "well-administrated", they fail to observe the most important part of the voting process, i.e., the gathering and counting of votes. Those counting the votes or, more importantly, reporting the outcome of an election, have much greater potential control over the declared results than those casting ballots. Exit pollsters draw their data directly from the voters, so if there is a discrepancy with the reported election results it is those reporting the results and/or overseeing what those reports will be that should be scrutinized. As quotes above from Joseph Stalin, “The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.”

Don't know why people would lie about who they voted for at the election polls AFTER they voted, but MAYBE a whole lot of people did!

So,according to polls and statistics, ...

To anyone familiar with polling and statistics the election results being reported by the Palestinian Central Election Commission are nearly impossible to believe.

The polls carried out by Bir Zeit University and the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research had large sample sets of 8,000 voters and 17,500 voters, respectively. The margin of error was 2-3 percentage points at worst. However, the discrepancy between the exit poll predictions and reported election results in terms of the total vote is 20 and 25 percentage points, respectively. In a statistical sense, the odds of this being true for one exit poll is one in a hundred million. For two separate exit polls to be so far off is essentially statistically impossible.

The few and far between press reports regarding the highly questionable Palestinian election results explain away the discrepency with exit polls as a consequence of voters lying about their support for Hamas when queried. While this might account for some bias in the sampling, it is foolhardy to believe that this explains away a 20-25 percentage point differential. This sort of gulf is a statistical Grand Canyon that requires a seemingly unprecedented source of bias to occur.

So, there are some people who do believe that all is not what it seems when it comes to Hamas winning the election.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

will obama do the `right` thing in the name of the Christian heavenly father?? and send in the Marines to seperate BOTH sides and put his foot down and say ENOUGH to BOTH sides? or will be be cowed by the heathen Israelies and do nothing?

Obama will do what he's always done. He'll vote PRESENT.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Palestinians would be smart to embrace Israel, and the technological abilities they bring to the Middle East. This tit for tat game is soley a losing proposition for Palestine. Maybe this time, they will wipe out Hamas, and end the hostilities once and for all. That would be a good thing.

There will never be peace in the ME, Hamas yes they may be an extremest group, but you have to understant that the Israelis were like that before and did that too.Hamas dies another group is boren and so on.
The region never knew peace and it never will , not that I insist upon it but the state of Israel will never have peace.They have to learn to live with each other and that can only work in a mixed inviorment, the two state solution will never work.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I really do wish for peace in this region of the world. Let's stop blaming and trying to incite hatred toward either side; all it does is create more pain.

I think the best course of action is for the IDF to stop its military operation in that area, remove blockades from the area and allow UN peacekeeper forces to control Gaza. Besides killing many civilians (whether intentional or not), Israel is REALLY hurting its image in the international community, much more so than they seem to realise.

Am I defending Hamas militants for firing rockets? Not at all. It's just the civilian death toll is much higher on the Palestinian side - regardless of if Hamas militants hide behind normal people or not, the civilian toll just seems way too high for attacks that are meant to specifically target militants.

Israel: Welcome in UN peacekeeprs and allow them to control the area. Any further actions of aggression is only going to cause more trouble for your own interests and those of innocent civilians.

Hamas militants: Stop the rockets! They are not helping you in ANY way, seriously. If you really care about your family and loved ones, you will agree to a ceasefire and allow UN troops to control the area. Like Israel's military actions, these rocket attacks are severely weakening your chances to achieve peace!

Look im no expert i just think this might be a logical approach to somewhat resolve this horrible situation. Once again, blaming and antagonising will not lead to any positives for either Israelis or Palestinians...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
will obama do the `right` thing in the name of the Christian heavenly father?? and send in the Marines to seperate BOTH sides and put his foot down and say ENOUGH to BOTH sides?

THE ONLY HEATHEN Are the Hamas terrorist who target civilians with sucide bombers, rockets and mortars.

They want sympathy because they stated a war they are losing.

It is about time the world said enough and no longer tolerated these terrorist animals and their murdering ways.

They are the sole cause of death for both sides civillians.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExamineAllViews
I really do wish for peace in this region of the world. Let's stop blaming and trying to incite hatred toward either side; all it does is create more pain.

I think the best course of action is for the IDF to stop its military operation in that area, remove blockades from the area and allow UN peacekeeper forces to control Gaza. Besides killing many civilians (whether intentional or not), Israel is REALLY hurting its image in the international community, much more so than they seem to realise.

Am I defending Hamas militants for firing rockets? Not at all. It's just the civilian death toll is much higher on the Palestinian side - regardless of if Hamas militants hide behind normal people or not, the civilian toll just seems way too high for attacks that are meant to specifically target militants.

Israel: Welcome in UN peacekeeprs and allow them to control the area. Any further actions of aggression is only going to cause more trouble for your own interests and those of innocent civilians.

Hamas militants: Stop the rockets! They are not helping you in ANY way, seriously. If you really care about your family and loved ones, you will agree to a ceasefire and allow UN troops to control the area. Like Israel's military actions, these rocket attacks are severely weakening your chances to achieve peace!

Look im no expert i just think this might be a logical approach to somewhat resolve this horrible situation. Once again, blaming and antagonising will not lead to any positives for either Israelis or Palestinians...

tHE uN HAS ALREAdy proven they cannot or will not do their job.

They allowed Hezbolla terrorits to setup and fire rockets from their postion-useless.

There is absolutly no reason for Israel to stop while Hamas continues to attack.

iF THE Hamas cared anything about it's people, it would not bring death and distruction on them.

Yes, you adnmit they hide behind civillians, sick animals.

The only way to stop this is for the Hamas to be stopped and prevented from attacking, again.

No one has ever gone into Gaza with the idea of stopping the Hamas attacks.

If somone does go in, what will they do when Hamas again attacks from their post????

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

If Obama has any good sense, he'll keep his nose out of it. In the process, he might actually earn a shred of my respect.

The biggest mistake that the US has made since the end of WW2 has been attempting to act as the world's policeman. We do not need to be involved in this any more than we already are. It is not our fight and 15 minutes after US troops are withdrawn, they'll just start fighting again...IF they ever stopped. They're hell bent on killing each other and always have been.

Besides, US troops would be perceived as favoring the Israelis. You and I both know that.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm sick of the war!

And I'm ashamed of my fellow ATS members.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
From Meg, UK

If America listen only to CNN and the like., they will hear only the Israeli propaganda, which is what they want the Western Media to hear. Watch Press TV and Al Jazeera, although Arab stations, they have nothing to hide but can only tell exactly what is happening.
The carnage, slaughter and genocide caused by the fanatical Zionists. They hold both the Palestinians in Gaza along with the West Bank hostage in their home land by blockades/borders, cutting them off from their own land while Israel steals that land to build Jewish settlements on, claiming it as their own.
They call Hamas terrorists, ISRAEL are the worst terrorists in the Middle East. They have been terrorising a defenceless people for the past 40+ years. Now Israel arrogantly DEMAND that Hamas stop smuggling rockets into Gaza, leaving them defenceless against the mighty Israeli military. 'It's ok for us to bomb you periodically but you must not own weapons to resist or defend yourself against the atrocities we inflict upon you since '67.'
Where is the logic in that, does Israel think, like America, they can police and bully nations at their will? The Arabs are made of sterner stuff that will not bend at the will of Israel and they are finding that out now. Do not listen to you media because America and Israel are practically as one. US has provided all the mighty Israeli military which caused the genocide in Gaza, Israel can do no wrong in Americas eyes because the US is run by mighty powerful America Zionists, who have control over what America does or says.
This is the frightening scenario, where is it going to end. As Christians, when we read our Bible and believe God's prophecies we read that nations will turn against Israel/America which will bring about WW111 (Armageddon). Israel has already created world enemies by their actions and intentions. America has already created millions of Muslim/Arab enemies by warring in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are now learning, without due cause.
This is the reality and the warning is BE READY and beware that we are in the End Times nearing the time of this earthly world's destruction. When the New World Leader Anti-Christ) has been recognised, be warned NOT to accept his mark, the MARK OF THE BEAST if you are a Christian because it will be your downfall and it will lose you your eternal security with Christ. This MARK could be in form of a chip, mark or implant, it will enable you to buy and sell, without it you can do neither. LET US BE ON OUR GUARD and pray we will not be deceived when that time comes. God Bless you all..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73   >>

join