It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd The Bailout Money Go? Shhhh, It's A Secret

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) - It's something any bank would demand to know before handing out a loan: Where's the money going? But after receiving billions in aid from U.S. taxpayers, the nation's largest banks say they can't track exactly how they're spending the money or they simply refuse to discuss it.

"We've lent some of it. We've not lent some of it. We've not given any accounting of, 'Here's how we're doing it,'" said Thomas Kelly, a spokesman for JPMorgan Chase.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-12-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You know I believe this is just another example of the scam the corporate world pulls on the American taxpayers in tandem with the crooks on Capitol Hill. To turn around and give away $700 Billion with no accountibility whatsoever is just indicative of just how stupid Congress thinks and believes the American citizens is and that all of us will sit idly by and accept being screwed like that.

The Government just believes it should do what the Hell it wants all the time with no justification to the hard-working citizens literally hand over the Treasury that we pay in through taxes is a load of crap if you ask me. I say that they should never have handed over $700 Billion, not one penny, to the corrupt banks who are receiving all kinds of money on a constant basis through interest from loans, who foreclose on homes at the drop of a hat.

If this was meant as an actual legitimate plan to assist people and not screw us as tax-paying citizens, why was it not given out to the citizens who are getting their houses foreclosed on instead of the robber-barrons who are the ones who are foreclosing on said houses? No, I do not have a home being foreclosed on, I am just tired of seeing the scams that Big Money and the Government pull on us as citizens contantly.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well of course they are not going to tell you where its going because we already know where its going.

Into their own pockets and accounts overseas and filling their nest eggs to be nice and fat while ours are emptied.

Very simple. Its called autorized stealing of the working American's tax dollars.

Dont you just love our politicians who partake in such activities?!!

They got the best jobs on the planet! As do the corrupt CEO's of these banks filling their fireplaces in their fancy homes with all that money to burn.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The only way to get back at these robber barons is the following...

If you have an account with one of the major banks that obviously will not come clean, close your account and open a new account with a small, local bank in your area. Don't support the Wall Street banks that have proven to be irresponsible.

While we're on the subject of deciding not to do business with the fat cats, take a hard look at every company you pay for goods and services and if you feel like you're being ripped off, stop patronizing them and find an alternative.

Even places like your favorite restaurant... don't pay the $1.89 for a glass of iced tea. Just don't buy into the rip-offs.

Back on topic... pay off your credit cards ASAP and don't use them unless it's an emergency.

We have to stop supporting corporate greed and the best way is to stop your trade with them.

sty

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You guys should start a new money-system there in the US - it is legal for cities / states to have their own money system. Make another one and be sure the elites cannot penetrate it ! This way they can keep the trillions they created from thin air..

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

And call the `Amero` to symbolise a fresh united start.....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I just read this article before coming to this site, how timely. My blood pressure is starting to fall.

I'm not surprised by the action, just pissed that they are so arrogant. This is nothing more than taking our money and then rubbing our face in yellow snow.

Now remember, we had to give them this money to stop the largest catastrophe the USA had ever seen, from happening. We had to get the money out into the economy, NOW!!!, and stop this economy train wreak in it's tracks.

This is nothing more than just giving the money to bankers for the "public good". Now they have defined "public good" to be lining their pockets or buying other resources, but not loaning the money to Americans. After all, they might lose their job due to the recession and are therefore a bad risk.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Britain is undergoing the same thing. I think it is jaguar who are asking for money right now. I feel sorry for the people who work there because I was made redundant last year and I could be made redundant at the end of January next year if things dont pick up so I know they feel.

BUT, nobody helped woolworths!! If they cant run Jaguar Id look at the books and see if it is salvigable. If it is Id take it off there hands. I wouldn't pay for it though. After all the tax payer would be taking a huge risk owning Jaguar.

If it isn't salvigable then I'd leave them too it, instead of giving them billions id start a new project. Which would create jobs for the people who will lose there jobs.

If America had ploughed $700 Billion into new projects I bet most if not all the people who lost there jobs would be back in employment!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well, I am happy that this thread got some attention, but at the same time frustrated as Hell since I have been predicting this type of behavior as well as speaking on the Amero coming into existence just because of something, just like this event.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

The above link is only one of many I did on how America is being robbed blind.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Your frustration is just as felt and as justified!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've started doing more buiness with the local Credit Unions... And basically swore off any and all who are asking for a bail out (the loans I can kind of stomach, though I know GM is nog going to send me a check in 2012).

This is the most blatent attack on the working class that has ever occured. And it's so flimsily hidden that it's sickening!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The ironic thing is when you go in to get a loan what is the first thing the banks ask when you go to get that loan? Where is the money going. So the banks get a big loan and the creditors are asking the same question where is the money going? What answer do we get? *SNIP* we dont have to tell you squat and you'll like it. Wow we Americans are a bunch of chumps man.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/22/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What is truly noteworthy are the sums of "unaccounted" money.

As a youth I found it amusing to ponder the 'big' numbers like billion, and trillion. These amounts are incomprehensibly large. How do you 'hide' that volume of wealth? There really is only one way, namely, within a larger number.

The only bank into which you can infuse billions or trillions, and not have the world take notice is the IMF/International Settlement Bank. Anywhere else and the accumulation of such wealth would stick out like a sore thumb.

Is there a chance the global 'oversight' provided by this mega-bank might provide some answers? Or do they answer to anyone?

When you stop to consider that 'retention' bonuses alone could have 'bailed' out the auto industry, and that there is even less attention in the US on this matter than there is on the rash of European rioting; it's telling.

Out there..., in the mix of posts and comments by some of our members, is a theory that we here at ATS are dwelling on unfocused 'theories'. It shows me that they are not blind. They are simply unwilling to see.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've seen some great replies so far. Thanks for putting your thoughts on this thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If we try to take our cash money out of the banks the same thing that happened to the Madoff scheme will become obvious. The banks don't have the cash to give their account holders just like Mr Madoff was unable to return the money to his clients when they asked for it.
Doesn't the public realize that the Federal Reserve is running the BIGGEST PONZI scheme in the WORLD?
There are no more suckers to pump cash into the ponzi scheme so they are printing it themselves and forcing the public to accept the debt through the Government.
WAKE UP PEOPLE! Please WAKE UP!
Read my other thread "Biggest Ponzi scheme about to hit the fan."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Congress needs to be held accountable. Why are they not doing more to put pressure on the banks to be accountable for the money?

Why are they not speaking out on this horrible absurd outrage?

Awfully quiet Congressmen.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

the Bailout is embarrassing for us, the nation and the thugs behind it. I dont include Congress in the "thug" group because Congress has behaved like a bunch of naive country bumkins come to the big city. But the ripoff (sorry, Bailout) with the taxpayers money was conducted so slick, quick, and "thank you, Maam". Not even flowers afterward. There's a word comes to mind that describes it all, rape. What the.. is happening.!!!!

[edit on 22-12-2008 by havanaja]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This pisses me off....

""We're choosing not to disclose that," said Kevin Heine, spokesman for Bank of New York Mellon, which received about $3 billion. "

Choice? Choose? Where was my choice in this? I chose not to support your crooked bailout and theft of our money, but did my choice matter? HELL NO! And neither should yours!! We have every right to know where that money is going down to the finest details! We were forced to foot this bill for your corruption, your mistakes! Yes, some of us are partially to blame, but that does NOT give you the right to steal from us! You're going to force us to make you choke on it, and I hope you do. First thing tomorrow, I'm going to my bank, and closing out my account. Let's get a chain reaction going here. We need to show these *SNIP* a thing or two about justice.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/22/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com... Did the Fed's Bailout Money Really Go? Chart Shows Illegal Money Trail

The U.S. government financial bailout effort has reached a mind-blowing $8.5 trillion. But where did all this money go, exactly?

A chart at SFGate.com tracks the bailout expenditures, revealing some disturbing facts about the failure of the bailout to solve the lending liquidity problem. For example, the Federal Reserve has already created and dumped $2.1 trillion into the money supply, and it has pledged to create another $3.4 trillion.

And yet, despite these astonishing numbers, the liquidity crisis remains as bad as ever. Even worse, the very idea of rescuing bad debt by creating yet more bad debt (which is what the Fed is doing) seems outrageously stupid to begin with. The Fed is only setting us up for even greater financial problems down the road.

The SFGate.com chart has one major mistake, however: It implies the Federal Reserve is part of the U.S. government. As the better-informed readers across the internet already know, the Fed is, in fact, a private bank owned by a handful of wealthy individuals who aren't even Americans! It is not a department of the U.S. government, nor does it answer to U.S. law. It is, in a very real sense, a money supply dictatorship that has stolen trillions of dollars worth of purchasing power from U.S. taxpayers in order to bail out the rich bankster friends of Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

There is no accounting of these funds, and Congress never approved the $5.5 trillion pledged by the Fed, which ultimately comes out of the pockets of taxpayers and consumers due to the money supply inflationary effects.

That's why there's a growing backlash against the Federal Reserve. Websites such as www.EndTheFed.us are cropping up on the 'net, and YouTube videos are revealing the shocking truth about the Fed: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsJjTaekA8

The Fed is literally destroying the U.S. money supply; destroying your savings and destroying your economic future. Stopping the Fed's runaway creation of fiat money should be the No. 1 priority of U.S. citizens, but for reasons I've described elsewhere, most U.S. citizens are too brainwashed, dumbed-down and gullible to believe they're being royally ripped off by an unprecedented fraud masterminded by a privately-owned bank called the Federal Reserve.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Congress needs to be held accountable. Why are they not doing more to put pressure on the banks to be accountable for the money?

Why are they not speaking out on this horrible absurd outrage?

Awfully quiet Congressmen.

im thinking because a small piece of a big pie is still alot of pie !!

[edit on 22-12-2008 by turbokid]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join