It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd The Bailout Money Go? Shhhh, It's A Secret

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Congress needs to be held accountable. Why are they not doing more to put pressure on the banks to be accountable for the money?

Why are they not speaking out on this horrible absurd outrage?

Awfully quiet Congressmen.

Because they are sleeping in the same bed!!!
Wake up. Please WAKE UP to what is really happening. The federal Reserve is running the Biggest Ponzi Scheme on the planet.
Read the links in my posts. You WILL realize what is really going on.
A Band-Aid does not stop an aneurysm. It will not stop someone from bleeding to death.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This video is very eye opening if you want to know what happened to those trillions. You won't like the answer.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Is it me or is this being done on purpose? What better way to hide corruption than to disregard it as misused funds... on top of that what about the couple of trillion that has dissapeared already to who knows where...

It seems like this is a perfect case of money laundering, money moving with no trackings system in place is money laundering. Big Goiv't doesn't want you to know where exactly every cent is going and thats becoming for obvious.

Its also a common case of misdirection, This money is not just going to the CEO's and their pockets but a wipe out to a clean slate...

In order for banks to have done what they did during the housing boom, corruption must have run rampant, very rampant.

my 2 cents, Fox.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All I know is, the gov has no problems throwing money at defunct businesses that buried themselves in debt through unethical practices (and fraudulent in some cases) and yet throws a circus when I cheat them out of $500 in taxes.

I see where their priorities are.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Honestly I am not one for conspiracies, but I don't think this really qualifies as a conspiracy anymore. It's the largest theft in history right out in the open.

The wealthiest .5% of folks in this country saw the long established means of sapping hard earned money from the general public dry up and then their own attempt at creating money was exposed for a fraud...

Then they simply asked the government to cut out the middle man...just give them billions directly out of our pockets. No accountbaility...our tax dollars keeping them flying on corporate jets, living in their 20 million dollar vacation homes...

They don't have to earn money anymore, they can just ask the government to take it from us....and in these times when we are suffering the most.

I don't know what to say.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I totally believe in not putting money in a bank and have so for over 13 years now. Yes there are times when its tough getting something you really want but you have to go into Scrooge mode and become as self sufficient as possible. I do work and I am always receiving checks, all I need to do is go to the bank of which it was written and cash it. I now in the past 5 years have been having to pay a $5 fee to cash them (Talk about a gouge) but I would gladly do this versus handing over $20 a month for them (Banks) only to grab a $ every move you make.

The banks have most people believing that you need the bank when in all actuallity if all Americans, Canadians just withdrew their $ we would then see who needs who.

And to top it all off, when all hell breaks loose and all you have is a piece of plastic that may or may not ever work again and you have like most 0 $ in cash at hand. Then whos the boss

So if they are not accountable to the government then how do you thin k they are going to treat you?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

After the civil war the south was raped and pillaged by "carpetbaggers"ie businessmen and bankers.Now the whole country North and South is getting it again. This whole thing was engineered years ago .Its time for us all to wake up.Our printed dollars are a sham so my question is why stop now?Why the big fuss,unless there is an ulterior motive.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Congress needs to be held accountable. Why are they not doing more to put pressure on the banks to be accountable for the money?

Why are they not speaking out on this horrible absurd outrage?

Awfully quiet Congressmen.

That would be because they are a part of the process.

They are receiving their portion on the back-end of the deal, through the legal bribery.

That would be called lobbying.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have to laugh at the 'retention bonus' talk by companies. At a time when business is down and many folks are losing their jobs it seems absurd that someone with a high paying or even decent job would be thinking of a job change. This is just more labeling an action with a name that sounds acceptable. I am not buying into it. Just state we got a lot of free money and everyone at the top of the company gets some of it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
AP Shocker: $1.6B Went To Bailed-Out Bank Executives

Banks that are getting taxpayer bailouts awarded their top executives
nearly $1.6 billion in salaries, bonuses, and other benefits last
year, an Associated Press analysis reveals.

The rewards came even at banks where poor results last year foretold
the economic crisis that sent them to Washington for a government
rescue. Some trimmed their executive compensation due to lagging bank
performance, but still forked over multimillion-dollar executive pay
packages.

Benefits included cash bonuses, stock options, personal use of
company jets and chauffeurs, home security, country club memberships
and professional money management, the AP review of federal
securities documents found.

The total amount given to nearly 600 executives would cover bailout
costs for many of the 116 banks that have so far accepted tax dollars
to boost their bottom lines.

The AP compiled total compensation based on annual reports that the
banks file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The 116 banks
have so far received $188 billion in taxpayer help. Among the
findings:

*The average paid to each of the banks' top executives was $2.6
million in salary, bonuses and benefits.

*Lloyd Blankfein, president and chief executive officer of Goldman
Sachs, took home nearly $54 million in compensation last year. The
company's top five executives received a total of $242 million.

*Even where banks cut back on pay, some executives were left with
seven- or eight-figure compensation that most people can only dream
about. Richard D. Fairbank, the chairman of Capital One Financial
Corp., took a $1 million hit in compensation after his company had a
disappointing year, but still got $17 million in stock options. The
McLean, Va.-based company received $3.56 billion in bailout money on
Nov. 14.

*John A. Thain, chief executive officer of Merrill Lynch, topped all
corporate bank bosses with $83 million in earnings last year. Thain,
a former chief operating officer for Goldman Sachs, took the reins of
the company in December 2007, avoiding the blame for a year in which
Merrill lost $7.8 billion. Since he began work late in the year, he
earned $57,692 in salary, a $15 million signing bonus and an
additional $68 million in stock options.

Banks that got bailout funds also paid out millions for home security
systems, private chauffeured cars, and club dues. Some banks even
paid for financial advisers. Wells Fargo of San Francisco, which took
$25 billion in taxpayer bailout money, gave its top executives up to
$20,000 each to pay personal financial planners.

At Bank of New York Mellon Corp., chief executive Robert P. Kelly's
stipend for financial planning services came to $66,748, on top of
his $975,000 salary and $7.5 million bonus. His car and driver cost
$178,879. Kelly also received $846,000 in relocation expenses,
including help selling his home in Pittsburgh and purchasing one in
Manhattan, the company said.

(LINK to Complete AP Article)

www.theyeshivaworld.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

I dunno I thought the movie Fight Club gave a pretty good example how to fight the fat cats, by controlled demolition of every single office building devoted to the rape of the american taxpayer.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Didn't Bloomberg try to sue the govt for disclosure of 2 trillion?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
You guys should start a new money-system there in the US - it is legal for cities / states to have their own money system. Make another one and be sure the elites cannot penetrate it ! This way they can keep the trillions they created from thin air..

We did try to start our own money system. We had a group making gold and silver coins with Ron Paul's face stamped on them, fitting since he has been saying for years how we need to go back to the gold standard and have the government as the only legal creator of money, not the federal reserve, a private company with no oversight. Which acts on the behalf of the banking elite and not the taxpayers.

well, guess what happened. They got raided, Their coins and equipment to make them were confiscated. end of story. Next time they try to make a new currency they better bring enough guns to enforce it. Because might makes right. If your not willing to shoot every last goon they send to stomp you then you get stomped. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

If it wasn't for all the Poor People, those that can't afford squat,
there would be no rich people or banks.

Money always goes from the have nots to the have mores.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
well one of the goals of this economic downturn is to put 44% of the Middle Class into the lower classes and take 20% of the middle and move them up to the upper classes... I just so happen to be in the middle of these two opposing forces... in 2012, the new rich will be newly poor..
and we will all have guns and we will proceed to steal from and kill each other. I see two years of criminal activity beginning early in 2009. the unemployed will become desperately unemployed and those are the ones that are dangerous - cuz, they feel they have no other choice.. just as the govt is planning...

[edit on 22-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Secrecy-BASED governments keep REALLY big secrets. That's no secret. Folks, we damn sure need to reprogram the Matrix with new "software."

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

I agree with you. I'm not paying my citi, and American Express can thank the Lord I don't have one of there's. It's High time they got screwed. And high time I came out on top! Boycott all the bastards!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Where'd The Bailout Money Go? Shhhh, It's A Secret...

Well, since it's chattel paper, the bailout money goes nowhere. (At least that is what I think). But since our voices to 'fight back' against these bailout money go unheard, I guess we could 'fight back' by not spending on products and services that are taxable. That will really put a good damper on the government's ability to 'tax' the hard-working Americans from footing the banksters' agendas.

[edit on 2008-12-22 by pikypiky]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, as long as they feel they don`t have to tell us, then maybe we feel we don`t have to pay for it then. Maybe we may just forget about taxes next year, or until they start telling us where it`s all going. It`s time to make the government know we mean business everyone. It`s time to stop being crapped on by Washington, the banks and Wall Street, and anyone else thinking they need a hand out from the tax payers. If you can`t run your business and stay afloat, then take your lumps and sink. We`re tired of being the ones who will have to foot the bill for these jokers failures. We need to do this so our children, grandchildren and even our great grandchildren will not be stuck paying for these idiots failures.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
We did try to start our own money system. We had a group making gold and silver coins with Ron Paul's face stamped on them, fitting since he has been saying for years how we need to go back to the gold standard and have the government as the only legal creator of money, not the federal reserve, a private company with no oversight. Which acts on the behalf of the banking elite and not the taxpayers.

well, guess what happened. They got raided, Their coins and equipment to make them were confiscated. end of story. Next time they try to make a new currency they better bring enough guns to enforce it. Because might makes right. If your not willing to shoot every last goon they send to stomp you then you get stomped. Simple as that.

exactly!

and that is why there is no peaceful resolution for this problem... the elite understands only force because it lives by it...

only solution is on the streets, fighting, but they have military and police prepared and armed to teeth for that...

the question is now: are people brave enough to give their lives for true freedom?

I'm not sure about that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join