It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supprised no one is fuming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why have i not seen more traffic on this site about 20,000 troops deploying to arizona.

Posse Comitatus ring a bell? or am i missing something?

I got a real problem with u.s. troops active on u.s. soil outside of training.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
see, that thread only got like 3 replies. but their still beating the 9-11 dead horse. we all know that was an NSA fundraiser, operation northwoods. but prepositioning troops gets hardly a blink?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentBlack

OK, you have my attention! Are the military doing this in other states as well?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
not yet. but that would bring too much attention. first they start in the southwest on some imigration cover, then it's another excuse somewhere else. tornado relief in the midwest, hurricane support down south, ice storm aid up northeast....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
No one is fuming, even though I have heard this stuff, aaaand, I kinda believe it, but then we aren't there so we don't know so I think it is the evil ones doing it just to try to provoke us into rioting. Please, don't fall for it even if it is happening, it is a ploy to make us riot so they can declare, martial law. They cannot do it without our permission, so, they are doing # to get our permission to save us from a false doing.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Sounds about right. The NG shut Galveston down after hurricane Ike. Cut the cell phones off,restricted access by residents etc...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Why should I be fuming?
Wouldn't you rather have our troops protecting the border rather than serving the criminal war in Iraq?

Oh I suppose like many on this site you're worried about martial law. Like everyone else you can't seem to explain how an army thats stretched thin, can possibly subdue a country that's way bigger than Iraq, which by the way they also have had a helluva time subduing.

Please, tell me why I should be fuming.....I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

maybe you should read more. it will be all too easy to subdue the u.s. i was in the military and in iraq i know the modern capability of uncle sam. operational plan Garden Plot realizes that u.s. troops may be unable or unwilling to act against citizens. so the plan calls for the use of UN troops to secure american cities it's called "partners in peace" by FEMA. and in case you missed katrina, the first response by law enforcement and NG was not to help the thousands of people trapped in the city and on rooftops. instead the FIRST thing they did was go to the unflooded and uneffected areas and confiscate at gun point all private firearms with out warrant or issue of receipt. if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Quite frankly, this was the first time I have heard about it. Before this, the only troop deployment I had heard about waas the 10K deployment in Georgia I believe.

Personally, I think the reason this topic does not get much traffic is that most people know that there is very little we can do about it. I mean, the MSM seems unwilling to touch this subject with a ten foot pole, we as ordinary citizens are literally powerless against our military, with or without our assault weapons, and most people are loath to think about the implications of these troop deployments. I know these statements are a bit pessimistic, but, I feel they are spot on. I mean, lets say that our fears about the martial law situation are real and that it does actually occur. What chance do we have to reverse it?

Sure, if a large enough percentage of citizens were to stand up in resistance we might have a chance. However, it would not be because we were strong enough to defeat the military but because the soldiers and commanders may not have the stomach to kill all of us civilians. I don't know about you, but I sure don't like the idea of my fate resting on the sympathy and conscious of the guys in green in combination with the unification of our highly divided society.

I guess one thing does give me hope about a resistance against our military. It is the idea an underground, long-term, highly destructive resistance could be effective enough to make our military back down. History has shown this to be a possibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

About the confiscation of firearms post-Katrina, it should be ridiculously obvious that that decision was a preemptive, anti-looting measure. Any other theory is just wild, unfounded, irrational conjecture.

A similar argument (an argument of safety) can be made about the deployment of troops to the Arizona border.

[edit on 12/22/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Now it's troop deployment in Arizona? Where next? Are they on the Mexican border or someplace else?

My thoughts....
They could easily block all major freeway access. Military vehicles only allowed. That would keep the populace from freely moving over large areas. There is enough police forces to block access to the freeways and contain the people within the cities. Thus restricting unnecessary travel.
I've seen several miles of freeway on-ramps closed by the highway patrol when there was a major accident so the idea of blocking them is quite real.
Don't discount the idea that this is a major exercise to test the possibility of securing the major freeways for military movement only.
Darn it... I see way too many signs of a coming police state. Maybe I'm just paranoid but my feelings have almost always been right.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Is this what all the concern is about or is there more to story?

Carol Ann Alaimo
Arizona Daily Star
November 16, 2008

To troops downed in combat, few sights are sweeter than the approach of military rescuers. In a few weeks, Tucson will be at the center of efforts to speed up that lifesaving process.Personnel from around the globe will converge at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base from Dec. 1 to Dec. 12 for the largest rescue exercise of its kind.
The effort, dubbed Angel Thunder, will involve the U.S. Army and Air Force, troops from Germany, Chile, Colombia and observers from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Pakistan.

Several non-military U.S. agencies such as the State and Justice departments, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office, also will take part in the drills, which aim to smooth interaction between military branches, allied nations and civilian agencies.

With about 450 personnel involved, Angel Thunder “is the most complex and largest Department of Defense personnel- recovery exercise to date,” said a news release from Air Combat Command in Langley, Va.

D-M will be at the hub of the effort, but most of the mock rescue action will take place elsewhere in Arizona and in New Mexico.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

About the confiscation of firearms post-Katrina, it should be ridiculously obvious that that decision was a preemptive, anti-looting measure. Any other theory is just wild, unfounded, irrational conjecture.

A similar argument (an argument of safety) can be made about the deployment of troops to the Arizona border.

Preemptive anti-looting measure.

Well, something is rediculously obvious here.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Perhaps we should make a list with movements and deployments of the military within the US. I am starting to get a bit suspicious with these kinds of alerts popping up all the time.

In my opinion all of these suspicious deployments are related to unrest as a consequence of either a war, terrorist attack, natural disaster, but most of all: the financial crisis which might soon erupt in a depression.

Does it have a relation to what Powell and Biden said about the 21st and 22nd of January?

and

Beginning Oct. 1, 2008, the 3rd Infantry Division (United States)’s 1st Brigade Combat Team will be assigned to U.S. Northern Command, marking the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to Northern Command. The force will be known for the first year as a CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, and will serve as an on-call federal response force for terrorist attacks and other natural or manmade emergencies and disasters.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think even the involvement of the UN wouldn't help much. attempting to control the US by any entity be it foreign or domestic would be an impossibility. The sheer geography alone makes this country a very unlikely candidate for such a thing.

Would martial law ever be attempted? It's possible, but what I'm saying is it would be a disaster. too much conflict, too costly, too messy, too unpredictable. For such an act to be implemented it would mean some insane catastrophe had occurred and martial law just seems like the last option, but it wouldn't work.

Dont you think something like genetically modified food that makes people sterile, or shortens their life span is a much smarter way to control the masses?

top topics

join