It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hate Christians and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Enough of all this Hate talk.
I would like to see that word and all it implys disappear.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

What makes you so certain you are correct?

It seems that the excepted idea in the world is that "love" is at the core of all religions, if so, then what is love? Is it an emotion? Is it something you feel (like an emotion)? Is it something you do for someone?

Tell me, what you think it is, I already know what it is.

If we find out what love is then we can see how individual beliefs measure up to it.

I think I would first have to qualify what you think you know about love. Do you understand; counterfeit love? Do you understand codependency? Where does unconditional love vs. love come in, and what is the difference? Do you understand fantasy bonding?

I can take it as high as you can understand!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
There is a similar thread about Muslims going around. It got me curious. There is plenty of ire against the Christians around here too. Plus, it seems like with muslims it is either hate or not hate but with 'christians' it can be so fun. Hypocrisy, ignorance, and blind devotion to ideas stomped dead can really entertain me.

So, I was reading the one about Muslims and it genuinely got me curious. How would the two premises stack up side by side. So here.

Before anyone calls me a troll for it. I will not respond to anyone not looking to me directly for a response. If the thread withers and dies. It will have good company with my other threads.

Like I said, I was just curious how the two threads might compare after a few pages.

Should be interesting read...

Here's my 2 cents...John chapter 15...

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

So I guess it inevitable?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can hate no one for beliveing in something, many people find comfort in these acts and rituals and therefore they have value

On the other hand people not of sound mind and are vunerable could and i'm sure can be manipulated for the worse by the words of a ''God'' or ''Preacher'' i mean who would want to anger a god or someone supposidly in contact with a god!?

Personnally i think life could evolve on any planet that meets the requirements astrologicly and ecologicly for the said lifeform and i'm sure it is happening elsewhere in the universe, the idea of a humanlike godlike charictor creating all we see is almost narsicistical IMO

So to the question ''Do you hate christians and why?'' I say i do not hate them, i do not want to be converted and i hope this bellife brings them some comfort and not harm, lets just say christianity is not my scene.

A 22 year old man from the north of England

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose Head

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't hate Christians, I just like discussing why their belief system is faulty.
Plus they just make it so darn easy

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
I don't hate Christians, I just like discussing why their belief system is faulty.
Plus they just make it so darn easy

No doubt my friend,the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

It is all a great mystery, but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by Stormdancer 777
after thought,

think of how boring this forum would be with out Christians on the planet,

I don't agree... I think we'd be better off without them...as well as without all the other groups listed.... Better to be board then to make excuses for their intolerance of those of us who fall under the "other" category.

HI Daddy, I live in the inner city within miles of me are about five churches with food pantries for the poor, all run by Christians and located in churches, and christian funded homeless shelters,

Today, Catholic Charities is recognized as one of the nation’s largest social service networks. More than 240,000 compassionate volunteers, staff, and board members comprise the driving force behind the Catholic Charities network that touches the lives of more than 7.8 million people of all faiths a year.

Although I am not Catholic.

Maybe you can fulfill their mission. Fill the void so to speak.

Feed The Hungry, Clothe The Naked
"Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to
one of those my least brethren, you did it to me."

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I think christians, muslims and jews should get one half of the earth and us haters get the other.

I just hate the zealots and the tolerance issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is actually a much nicer collection of stuff here than I would have expected in a thread like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Today, Catholic Charities is recognized as one of the nation’s largest social service networks. More than 240,000 compassionate volunteers, staff, and board members comprise the driving force behind the Catholic Charities network that touches the lives of more than 7.8 million people of all faiths a year.

Look I'm not going to get into a long painful story here but as I said I don't hate Christians even though it was a Christians who murdered my oldest son... I could tell you about how that man, a devout Christian yelled racial slurs against Native Americans while quoting bible verse... as my 15 YO lay at his feet suffering from a shotgun blast to his chest... I could tell you my sons only crime was in visiting a park and thought he could play with the white kids, Christians white kids

Lets just say for every good deed they perform they do out of guilt for all the blood on their hands... as to you last part anyone who comes to me and says there hungry I feed...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Look I'm not going to get into a long painful story here but as I said I don't hate Christians even though it was a Christians who murdered my oldest son... I could tell you about how that man, a devout Christian yelled racial slurs against Native Americans while quoting bible verse... as my 15 YO lay at his feet suffering from a shotgun blast to his chest... I could tell you my sons only crime was in visiting a park and thought he could play with the white kids, Christians white kids

Lets just say for every good deed they perform they do out of guilt for all the blood on their hands... as to you last part anyone who comes to me and says there hungry I feed...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

Sorry fella...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hating someone because they are different from you is ignorant. Learn to respect other peoples differences.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Just think of the technology we would have in the year 23 or 2400, thats where we could be NOW, if it werent for the Vatican and several Popes plunging us into the Dark Ages.

If you look into history, the Dark Ages were brought on ( I cannot tell you by whom, my thinking is by the fall of the ROman Empire, which was brought on by barbarians etc.) and Christian Monks kept the knowledge alive. If one were to go study, they would do so at monestaries with monks etc. They kept it alive, so I disagree with that view

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I do not hate the Christian, so to speak, I hate when they use their beliefs to put others who are different than them down, whether the perosn they put down is gay, a pagan, atheist, Muslim or otherwise. It is when the individual Christian acts like he is the only purveyor of truth, and then tries to use that truth to make him or herself out to be better than everyone else. When they do this, they ignore what God says in the Bible to maybe hate the sin, but love the sinner. It also says not to judge others, lest ye be judged by God. And it also says that the yardstick you use to judge others with will be the yardstick by which God judges you later on. But when you point these contradictions of theirs out to them, they say that all they have to do is "plead the blood of Jesus" and their sins are forgiven, while our sins are not forgiven, period. Rather hypocritical of them, I think. But having said that, I'd also like to say that most Christians I've met aren't that bad. It's just a certain select few who are like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

many things have been done in God's name that he would not approve of. for instance, the crusades. there was much death and evil done in the name of Jesus, but I think he would rather we all lived in peace, while teaching others about His love, of course. And I don't hate gay people. My wife is friends with several, and they are quite nice, besides the drama. lol. But just because someone is nice that doesn't mean you abdicate the sin. I know some people who are quite nice, and yet they do bad drugs around their children. I also have known some thieves who were quite nice as well. It isn't a license to treat someone like crap, God says that all sin is sin. Whether you lie down with or a man, or I think ill thoughts about my brother, it is all the same to him, just plain no good. We are called to love each other, and it is out of love that we tell others about His sacrifice. But no one is required, or should be forced, to hear. God gave them the choice. Oh yeah, and to stay on topic, I hate no one. For anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

I want euro-asia! lol

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

if Christianity had really been proven to be false, it would be over, for the most part. Nothing is proven, not even evolution. There was a thread about that which I read yesterday. you should check it out.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

if Christianity had really been proven to be false, it would be over, for the most part. Nothing is proven, not even evolution. There was a thread about that which I read yesterday. you should check it out.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The only "Christians" I hate, even you could call them christian, would be the Phelps clan. I know they're just trying to get a rise out of everyone, but I can honestly and without any hesitation say, that I hate them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join