It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of these new age people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Why don't you show a good argument?

Could the Scientific Method proof the existence of materialism?

Show me.

If you do a google search you'll see that "new age" has It's roots on occult, which is nothing new. And It works.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I too, to an extent, agree with the creator of this thread. It is interesting to listen to "them" in the beginning, but after a while, it gets horribly tiresome with all the ramblings about light, energies, light, energies, more light, more energy, and so on and so on.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I suppose it's possible that quantum physics will eventually be turned into practical science

The tunnel diode was invented in 1957.

More everyday quantum devices described here.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

You're quite right, and I should have put quotation marks around "quantum physics", since I was really talking about the stuff the OP was complaining about.

My bad, and I promise I will get back to the LoA thread soon, just not today

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes. The term 'quantum physics' is little used by quantum physicists, who say 'quantum mechanics' instead. 'Quantum physics' betrays the New Age marketing touch: to most people, a mechanic is someone who lies under their car with a spanner and charges you an arm and a leg for doing it, whereas a physicist is a practitioner of the Queen of Sciences and an observer of the mind of God. So 'quantum physics' it is. Wonder whether they tested it on focus groups?

A good though not one hundred percent reliable sorting rule for articles and other publications on the subject is: if the author uses 'quantum physics' a lot, it's garbage. For the benefit of certain posters in the thread, I would add that this applies to What the Bleep in spades.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
this thread is full of nonsense, minus some select individuals. im no "new ager", whatever that means, but i love seeing the "scientific" arguments people always post against anything spiritual, or spiritual like. SCIENCE IS ALL PROVABLE FACTUAL, FACT LIKE, FACT STUFF, THATS INFINITELY FACTABLE!!

im sorry, it just makes me laugh. who cares that you dont like "new agers".

really, no one should take someone elses failure at something, as your own possible, inevitable failure. i think people tend to think like that, and i assure you its a wrong way of thinking, but by all means do it if you want. i could care less. nothing matters anyways. only what you want to matter.

especially with the trained human behavior of the world we live in, a billion people could fail at something, and it would still mean nothing to me, because i know most people are just incapable of achieving their desires anyways. people can barely stick to a basic workout plan to stay healthy, and live a nice life, so im not shocked the same type of people fail at loa, fail at meditating, fail at astral projecting, fail at "magic", fail at etc....

its no shocker to me. the lack of discipline of the average human being is why they will always fail at something deeper than what their dull, dumb down, 5 senses tell them, and what authority figures tell them. no offense original poster, but im sure there are other things contributing to your spiritual failure, then just that it doesnt work, but by all means, people feel free to believe what you want.

im not saying im perfect, but at the same time im aware of my flaws in myself, not in the system. i think a lot of people expect "magic" to just work, and ignore your own personal flaws that would cause it not to work. thats like picking up the game of basketball and expecting the game to make you better, and work through your flaws for you, not you work through your own flaws, and make your basketball game that much better.

loa is not some super code that is going to reprogram your life because you hope it will, and you pray that it will. it is a system that takes as much determination to master, like any video game, sport, or hobby that exist. its just that this hobby has higher claims then just being the best soccer player in town, it has claims that are god like at its core. screw that watered down loa stuff, that has to be watered down, as to not drown the masses.

but at the end of the day, a watered down corona, is not a corona. people need to search search search, and get the pure loa beer that they deserve. for me, i just kept going from system to system, book to book, until i weeded through the dogma, but still had something that made sense, felt good, and above all else, was simple.

to those that disagree with me. maybe its you, not the system.

"a preacher who doesnt practice what he preaches, should not have any expectation for results, for he doesnt practice what he preaches, but that doesnt mean what he preaches doesnt work, its just him who doesnt work"

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jimmy1200]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Like the OP, the cherry picking of scientifically developed information that may support a New Age point of view while denigrating the data that disagrees with their New Age theorums annoys me.

By trying to buttress their positions by implying that accepted science supports them, they leave themselves open to even more disrespect than they may deserve.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Quantum physics has found that the further they look into matter the more they realise it is mostly nothing or no-thing. They have found formlessness. At last, they have discovered something (the no-thing), that humans have been searching for since thought began. Before thought began it was everywhere.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Isn't the physical brain made up of matter and thusly held to the idea of "Quantum Physics"?

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Exactly, we think matter matters, with our clever brains. It`s the no-thing that is who we really are. No form. Formless. The quantum physisists are getting there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join