It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New regulation eases ban on guns in national parks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

New regulation eases ban on guns in national parks

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- People will now be able to carry concealed weapons in some national parks and wildlife refuges.

The new Interior Department rules allow an individual to carry a loaded weapon in a park or wildlife refuge - but only if the person has a permit for a concealed weapon. The state where the park or refuge is located must also allow guns in parks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey when everyone thinks the laws are for the restriction of gun laws, incomes this new snippet. Its about time they relieved some of the restrictions.

I for one am for this due to the increased drug manufacturing and growing in national forests and parks. For once a thumbs up for lawmakers. They gave us some rights finally.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Finally! The parks around here are now overrun with meth heads and growers. Being able to legally carry is great.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My property borders a national park. The park ranger stops in all the time to shoot the sh*t. I often carry my pistol (illegally until now) on the hiking trails just for protection. Had a pack of wild dogs run near me once time and there is an eastern puma in the area.

Good News!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Kind of silly not being allowed to carry a weapon in the widerness!

Especially if there are snakes or bears around. What was the Boy Scout Motto? Oh yeah, be prepared! LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How much sense does "we want people to feel safe when they hike in the middle of nowhere so we're banning them from carrying guns" make?

Yeah.

This is a wonderful and rare victory for reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I wonder if this will hurt the pepper spray industry. I know for one I would much rather have a 40 S&W than 4oz of pepper spray when confronted with a wild animal. Sorry just a comical thought.

top topics

join