It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to detail military to bolster security (2012)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

U.S. Government getting ready for 2012!

www.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There's I'm sure going to be too many people rushing to "debunk" this 2012 phenomenon event. I'm sure there will also be the too many people seeing this story as a "NWO" consparicy theory "Proof". I guess it doesn't matter really. Governments have used prophetic inturpetations in the past and they are doing it now.

It's only a matter of time.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Already posted.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That is NOT the title of the article...
Pentagon to detail military to bolster security
Plan would dedicate 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
as far as I understand it you can title the story anything you want here aslong as it does tell the story. This is your particural spin on the story. I'm sure a "NWO CONsparcy" nut could spin this story another way. The link isn't the same, but the story maybe. I guess we'll have to see what the mods do about it. I think my story title should stick as it is more relivant.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If the Government wants to get 20000 troops within the U.S. borders by 2011, I'd call that painfully clear they want to be ready for 2012. Shame they didn't pay attention to ATS or they'd know that the 2012 phenomenon actually starts MAY2009.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
20,000 uniformed troups to respond to what? A 7-mile tall mushroom cloud complete with a sonic boom?

They really need to learn to give back troops what they give us these days.

Nuclear terrorist attack? More like false flag terrorist attack!

Oh boy.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

There is much more effected area then just the area where the nuke was set off. The surounding areas, places not even within the blast range would suffer psychological effects.

People KILLED a wal-mart employie to get into a store to save 3 dollars off wal-mart stuff! I'd be glad to have my nation's army keeping me safe from the fools that fill up the streets.

I'd join up if I wasn't Crazy!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
in the breaking news forum which this is posted in the title of the thread has to be the title of the article. I'm sure a mod will be along before to long and change the title and leave you a note.

From the OP

Military preparations for a domestic weapon-of-mass-destruction attack have been underway since at least 1996, when the Marine Corps activated a 350-member chemical and biological incident response force and later based it in Indian Head, Md., a Washington suburb. Such efforts accelerated after the Sept. 11 attacks, and at the time Iraq was invaded in 2003, a Pentagon joint task force drew on 3,000 civil support personnel across the United States.

They have been planning on this since at least 1996. It wasn't until after 911 that they got the funding and the ok from congress to put the plan into action. it has nothing to do with 2012.

What are you going to do when 2012 comes and nothing happens? make up a new year? Please If your going to be paranoid about something at least be paraniod about something real not imagined.

for all you know they could be preparing for this.
Panel warns biological attack likely by 2013

[edit on 12/1/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
What are you going to do when 2012 comes...?

I'm not going to feel bad because people wouldn't listen to me today that's for sure. You'll all be going where it was that you were suposed to end up anyway.

I've never made up a date.

the 2012 phenomenon is real. You will see.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
They better have more than 20,000 troops in the US!

We have a much larger military,than that!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I cant believe, the Pentagon has actually officially announced its to respond to a possible nuclear terrorist attack.
What does that say to you?
They aren't going to shut down Indian point like congress has been lobbying them to.
They are gonna blow the sucker up!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I love reading these comments to see how people just make things up out of thin air. The article says the U.S. is planning on deploying 20,000 soldiers within the U.S. to respond to catastrophes and someone how that means they are getting ready for some cataclysmic event that is predicted to happen in 2012. I'm loving it.

It can't be that the government is genuinely trying to protect the American Homeland, that would be insanity, right? After all our response to Katrina was top notch, right? And, the risk of a nuclear/bio attack on an American city is dwindling as I type, right? Just loving it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I'm not going to feel bad because people wouldn't listen to me today that's for sure. You'll all be going where it was that you were suposed to end up anyway.

The rest of us sane people will feel bad enough for people like you when they drag you off to the nut house. those of us that Know 2012 is BS aren't going anywhere, So I'd love to hear were you think we will be going.

Oh thats right some invisible planet that can only been seen from the south pole that doesn't exist is going to come by and destroy the earth and some how people like yourself are going to be saved.

And where do you get this year 2012? Let me guess the Mayan calendar? Because someone told you it ends around 2012? I hate to break it to you but It doesn't "end" it merely starts over with a new cycle. anyone that has done any research on the Mayans would know that.

Please do everyone a favor and do your own research and not believe everything you read on the internet.

Now back to your op.

Once again where is your proof that they just all of the sudden decided to put 20,000 troops on the streets of the U.S. for some made up event in 2012. Your own source has said they have been planning this since 1996 and why they were planning it. and it has nothing to do with some made up invisible planet. but a very real possibility that some one could smuggle a nuke in the U.S. and set it off.

Plus there is the very realistic probability of a biological event in the U.S. between now and 2013. that kinda blows your theory out of the water about 2012 since its a year later huh?

Simple fact of the matter is you believe 2012 is real and anything that you see the government doing between now and then has to be connected to this made up event in your mind.

Here's another reason you should think about why they want 20,000 troops on the street. Maybe just maybe its for the upcoming collapse of the U.S. banking system and not long behind it the fall of the U.S. Government.

So you really have no clue why the military wants to put at least 20,000 troops on the streets.

whose worse the government that fears the people,and will lie to them to keep them in line.

or

you who spreads BS to divert peoples attention away from the real events that are going on in front of them.

My vote is you!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You sound like somebody I could have used earlier in a thread just like this..I had to stop posting because nobody will listen to even one iota of reason...Some people are totally out of their tree man...

top topics

join