It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Interview (Ron Paul’s Economic Advisor) – ATS MIX Special Edition 16

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
AboveTopSecret.Com and the ATS MIX Show are proud to announce the upcoming interview with Peter Schiff. If you would like your question asked of Mr. Schiff and have him answer ON AIR....

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR POST TO ONE QUESTION ONLY. PLEASE REVIEW ALL PREVIOUS QUESTIONS TO INSURE THAT YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ASKED.

Peter D. Schiff is the president of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., a brokerage firm based in Darien, Connecticut. Mr. Schiff adheres to the principles of the Austrian School of Economics and the Ludwig von Mises Institute. Mr. Schiff frequently appears as a guest on CNBC, Fox News, and Bloomberg Television and is quoted in major financial publications.

Peter Schiff points to the low savings rates of the United States as its worst malady, citing the transformation from being the world's largest creditor nation in the '70s to the largest debtor nation at the turn of 2000. His extremely bearish views on the U.S. Dollar, the United States stock market, bond market, and the United States economy have earned him the nickname "Dr. Doom."

He was an economic adviser for the Ron Paul campaign in the 2008 Republican Party primaries. Mr. Schiff also hosts a live Internet/shortwave radio show called "Wall Street Unspun." His father is tax protester Irwin Schiff.

VISIT Peter Schiff HOME PAGE

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR POST TO ONE QUESTION ONLY. PLEASE REVIEW ALL PREVIOUS QUESTIONS TO INSURE THAT YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ASKED.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is HUGE, Peter is one of the VERY FEW people who had the intelligence to see the meltdown coming and the FORTITUDE to always speak the TRUTH in spite of the morons who were laughing at him.

Coming from the mortgage industry, (I got OUT in 4th quarter 2004 when I saw the ridiculous deals getting done knowing it was only the beginning of the end) I have always admired Peter's honesty and bravery in the face of the moronic "analysts" who were touting WAMU as a "must buy" on national television in 2007!

My question is, Peter I was in the trenches (SVP of a huge Mortgage Bank in Texas) and saw the dirty deals getting done with the worthless appraisals and the utter LACK of underwriting criteria so I had a unique vantage point that I assume you did not. How in the world did you discover all you did back in 2006? Did you have an insider telling you the truth?

Thanks for coming on our program and thanks for helping all who would listen and get OUT of the market back in 2007, avoid the total loss of their investments.

mark...

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My question is

Peter,

Do you think that the governments and central banks of the world in collusion with each other will be forced to revalue gold as much as $50,000 oz in an effort to reflate asset prices similar to what FDR did in 1933? With that will the possibility of new currencies come into play?

BTW I dont think it said anywhere in the post when Peter was coming on. Have you scheduled a date and if so when is it so I can listen or be ready or whatever.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What do you think of the concept of the Amero and what do you think would be the most likely catalyst to move towards it?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,
Do you believe that there is major stock market manipulation going on right now? The volatility on Wall Street has been insane, and I am wondering if someone is messing with the numbers. For example, we had some really good gains last week. Is it just coincidence that the good week happened to be the week of Black Friday? It seemed to me like someone made our situation look better so people would go out and shop. Now its Monday and we had a horrible day.

Thanks for answering our questions!!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you considering this question Mr. Schiff. My question is as follows:

"What should I do with extra income in the coming months? Do I put it into savings accounts, so to have cash on hand? Do I purchase survival items? Food? Water? Pay off debts?

I ask this question because I continue to hear a complete collapse of our economic system within 9-12 months. If this is so...I'm wondering what to do with my hard-earned cash. Save or spend?"

Thank you in advance...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
one more question:

Peter, do you have a shelter ready for the times to come?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Peter, do you read a teleprompter while on TV? It often appears like your eye's are reading from a prompter. Being a TV tech in High School for the morning program, I know when someone's reading and when somebody's talking freely. You seem to be reading a lot.

See if he entertains me..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Do you support the idea of colonial scripts, and think it is ever possible to get a loan and interest free currency like this? Or will the same basic problems continue even under colonial scripts unless congress is made to curtail it's spending?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What do you think is going to happen to America in the next five years?

Do you have any suggestions for me and my family for the upcoming storm? That is if you believe we are truly headed for disaster.

Thank you.

Edit: Fixed a spelling error.
Edit 2: Whoops, didn't see the "One question only" rule. The first one I posted is the question I want to submit. I'll leave the second in case someone else wants to post it.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,

Let me begin by saying I have the utmost respect for you holding true to your word and not budging from any of the criticism. I have watched many of your interviews, and how you foresaw the current economic crisis, and I was wondering what you think will have to happen to bring the economy out of the recession, and allow the people to trust the market again?

Thank You In Advance!

[edit on 1-12-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My question is, given that in UK there are many Conservative Democrats, and UK is controlled by Labour (Bush) Republicans, what do you think about the crossover of political thought?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If my other question doesn't make it..

The stock market has inflated and deflated many times before, why don't people and for that matter corporations wake up to the problem?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A real honour to have such a guest on ATS Mix!

I would like to know if Mr Schiff has any ideas on a new economic paradigm such as steady state economics or some kind of sustainable economics NOT based on infinite growth (the work of Herman Daly, Ex- Senior Economist in the Environment Department of the World Bank comes to mind).

I'm not sure when the interview will take place, but I would also like to ask about the possibility of a December COMEX default on gold deliveries: meltdown2011.wordpress.com...

What's your best guess about what that would do to not just to the precious metals markets but the broader economy?

Thank you for your time.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
*Thanks Guys for giving us the opportunity to ask a question!!*

Peter, It is my belief that in order for a One World Government to come about, there must be a Global Problem, which requires a Global Solution to ensure Global Unification. Do you feel that with the current Global Economic Issues, is it possible we are heading towards a One World Currency and/or Government, and if so, are we on the verge of this becoming reality?

- Carrot

Edit: Wording

[edit on 12/1/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks Peter

Peter what was really behind the huge jump in oil prices was it the Chinese purchasing huge amounts of oil or was it Bush and his band of marry oil men?

[edit on 1-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Mr Schiff,
Thank you for telling the truth even when it wasn't fashionable or popular.
I have just recently broken even after several years of paying off a divorce. I am just coming back into disposable income and am wondering what advice you have for those of us that have only got a little to work with and apparently not much time.
What would you advise as the best place to put the first 10-15000 in savable cash.
Regards.
BP

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Are the Illuminati responsible for the economic crisis and might their goal be one world government under Communism?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hello Peter! Greetings from Sweden!

Do you think this financial mess could lead to the end of Dollar hegemony?
If so? what currency would be the new reserve currency for the world? - the Euro? or do you think they will invent a new electronic trading curreny?

Thanks & keep up the good work!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join