It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Financial Disaster Will Lead to Civil Disorder in 2009 or 2010, Says Secret Citibank Memo

www.naturalnews.com

An internal memo from a top Citibank analyst reveals what the banks really think about the global financial situation, and the outlook is grim.

"The world is not going back to normal after the magnitude of what they have done. When the dust settles this will either work, and the money they have pushed into the system will feed through into an inflation shock," wrote Tom Fitzpatrick, Citibank's chief technical strategist.

He goes on to explain that the massive money creation efforts by the Federal Reserve and other central banks will end with one of two things: A resurgence of inflation, or a fall into "depression, civil disorder and possibly wars."
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note: PLEASE READ: *Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 11/29/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but it is pretty revealing IMO...

So they are ADMITTING that they are fully AWARE of the implications of this robbing and looting of the tax-payer base, and what it is going to create.

Gives more credibility to the DELIBERATE ORCHESTRATION theory, i.e., NONE of this being a coincidence, accident, or even ineptitude, but instead all being carefully planned out, step by step...

Absolutely SICKENING...

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I shouldn't worry. They seem to have got every other forecast wrong over the last 12 months, I'm sure this one is no different.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

'
Yes everything was planned out, but there is still a step missing that has to be done, for it all to be complete.

That step is the martial law instatement! When most of the U.S. citizens will be hauled off to the Rex 84 concentration camps.

The camps are ready for us, the only thing missing is the people.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
I shouldn't worry. They seem to have got every other forecast wrong over the last 12 months, I'm sure this one is no different.

Haha, this is true.

This is common knowledge though. That is why Bernanke is so set on going to any measure to create inflation because that is much better than the alternative.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good post, no doubt there is truth in this, but it would be helpful to have an actual copy of the memo! It would lend more creedence to the report, I don't know why reporters don't at least get an edited or censored copy of the memo, how else can you check the story. If true, very scarry!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've seen news items from "The Health Ranger" before, and I have reason to doubt his interpretation of the facts.

You want a memo? Well, he says "memo" and links to this:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The bank said the damage caused by the financial excesses of the last quarter century was forcing the world's authorities to take steps that had never been tried before.

This gamble was likely to end in one of two extreme ways: with either a resurgence of inflation; or a downward spiral into depression, civil disorder, and possibly wars. Both outcomes will cause a rush for gold.

In other words, it also said "resurgence of inflation." And it's not clear who thought the gamble was going to end that way.

The future isn't just two-pronged. There could be a "stagflation", a brief gold rush with no further effect (as happened after 9/11), an upturn in jobs that makes things more stable globally, etc, etc, etc. I can think of a dozen scenarios that don't end in either "depression and civil war" or "runaway inflation."

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
DD

That source you linked to is a little misleading with the title, IMO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's unlikely , according to the Citi memo the Financial disaster will lead to disorder. More likely it will lead to inflation.

Here's the full telegraph article with the full contents of the aledged memo.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 29-11-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I can think of a dozen scenarios that don't end in either "depression and civil war" or "runaway inflation."

But I bet none of those will actually come to pass. I would wager the food on my table for it. (By the time we figure it out, you might really want it.
)

You guys haven't been following this long enough. I've been saying a massive economic collapse is going to end the US and result in extreme civil problems for a few years now. I was led to that conclusion by watching an old documentary (you could tell it came from a VHS tape) called 'The Money Masters' were economic experts suggesting the same thing.

Then, the economy was in "good shape." But myself and many other "paranoid" people knew that wasn't going to last with our debt and the way the system works.

Then gas prices got so high, and that took such a toll, people started talking about the economic impact. But still "no sign" of the impending disaster that we are waiting on.

Then there were whisperings of "recession," some financial companies going bankrupt and needing to be bailed out, and some stock slides. Still they tell you there is no concern of a depression. Some of them even promised you!

Now there's no real point in arguing about whether or not this is a recession, and people are even starting to throw around the word "depression." One man with a research institute predicted the US would be "ripe" for political revolution by 2012.

And here, you have an article where Citi is saying this may just happen to lead to not only a depression but also massive civil problems and war.

You guys can deny it up until the moment it kills you, but there are still a lot of us that have been saying this was coming for a long time. And yes, I think the end result is going to be martial law, too. I think this is all Nazi Germany repeating itself. We always hear "history repeats itself," but yet we don't hear it enough, apparently. We're supposed to be a vigilant citizen body and yet things like REX 84 go on under our noses and nobody even does anything about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No one knows what will happen in the future. But a lot of very knowledgeable financial people are discussing privately, and I'm sure someome on the the Net has picked up on it, that despite the bandaid efforts being implemented now, with bailouts, etc - the US will be in default sometime in the Summer of 2009.

Hope this is wrong - but doesn't look like it.

Mike F

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fang

I guess you have never heard of Peter Schiff. This guy has been right about everything in his other predictions about our economy, I would guess he will be right some more. He does have some credentials also having served in Regan's administration.

Listen to this, I believe it was recorded in 2006

www.dvorak.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this is it
THIS IS HOW IT GOES DOWN
anybody been star watching lately
the big anomaly is closer NOW
this year and even within the last two weeks
it is picking up speed, and events are picking up speed
the QUICKENING

[edit on 29-11-2008 by GRANDWORLDDRAMA]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
this is it
THIS IS HOW IT GOES DOWN
this year and even withing the last two weeks
the QUICKENING

Very Cryptic

Any enlightenment on this available?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about the anomaly.

Where do I look?

[edit on 29-11-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Alls I have to say is this. Earlier this year a letter sent from a Meryl Lynch analyst to Bill Gates poped up saying to all the big money leave the big cities and more to the country or a ranch that bad things were coming. Everyone dismissed that as crazy and now look. Im trying to find the thread here on ATS and cant find it. I dont dismiss this one at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
this is it
THIS IS HOW IT GOES DOWN
this year and even withing the last two weeks
the QUICKENING

Very Cryptic

Any enlightenment on this available?

Google his name and you'll find a website with a forum.

Some odd stuff...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The main astronomy anomoly I'm aware of is supposedly tomorrow night there's going to be a crescent moon, and Venus and Jupiter are going to be in their closest proximity to one another in decades, from a viewing standpoint. Outside of that, I'm not sure if this is a reference to Nibiru, and what the connection to these events are. Perhaps it's time to start reading further. lol

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
look west...well im in texas
theres a big "something" i have been watching it for
about the last 3 years and every year its closer
tonight (if you look west) theres something near it kinda bright too
(maybe venus?) but yeah its bigger-closer this year
and it isnt venus or mars or jupiter
im 41 years old and i dont remember this thing in the sky
now 41 years aint long but, what heavly body makes a 41 year revolution
only one i can think (that would show up in the middle of a lifetime) of is that overused "NIBERU" "PLANET X" thing or maybe its "WORMWOOD"
whatever it is..its getting closer and "THEY" know about it

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

lol yeah im a strange brew

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm surprised by how vague the date is. 2009-2010 is a huge time span. A lot of things can happen in that time. If something big enough to bring down the entire economy and turn all the cities into massive riots is going down, my guess is that there's a specific timeframe for it. I've done all the preparations I can, so I'm not worried too much, but it always helps to know a more specific period. Perhaps Colin Powell's interview where he said that January 21 or 22nd would be when something big happens is the clue we needed. Could this be why Obama is rushing to get everything in place well before he takes office? Perhaps he is also aware that he's got no time after becoming President before this thing goes down so he's getting everything in place well before January?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join