It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Interview (Ron Paul’s Economic Advisor) – ATS MIX Special Edition 16

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
question

Peter how important is HAVING the World Reserve currency i.e Petro dollar to the united states financial /miliatry complex and our economy, and how can you be so sure that the U.S FEd and politicians would devalue there dollar into a "crash" considering that a crash in the dollar would surely end the U.S's reign as super power because in the process they would lose the petro dollar /world reserve currency.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What a great opportunity for the ATS community.

First, this wouldn't be a typical Advisor post if there were not quotes, so I'll throw these out there in hopes they are used as a lead into my question. Just some back ground material for reference.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
- Thomas Jefferson

"No state shall enter any Treaty, Alliance or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but
gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts..."
- Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1

"The dollar represents a one dollar debt to the Federal Reserve System. The Federal Reserve Banks create money out of thin air to buy Government Bonds from the U.S. Treasury...[thus creating] out of nothing a...debt which the American people are obliged to pay with interest."
- Congressman Wright Patman

"The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. At the head is a small group of banking houses... This little coterie...run our government for their own selfish ends. It operates under cover of a self-created screen...seizes...our executive officers...legislative bodies...schools...courts...newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”
N.Y. Mayor, John Hylan

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution was ratified on February 3, 1913. This Amendment overruled Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895), which greatly limited the Congress's authority to levy an income tax. This Amendment allows the Congress to levy an income tax without regard to the States or the Census. The U.S. Supreme Court has stated (specifically, in Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad) that the Amendment did 'not confer new powers of taxation' to Congress, but only relieved the Congress of the Constitutional need for apportioning income taxes that were collected.

Ok, finally the question, but of course I had to put in in context did I not.

What is your opinion of the 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and how it ties in with the illegal United States central bank, and the fraudulent Federal Reserve?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff --appreciate your honesty. Since we are heading for a depression, will we see a return to bread lines? Will this depression look anything like the Great Depression? Will there be mass migration from one area of the US to another? Do you think relatively large numbers of people will die from starvation or freezing to death/heat strokes because they won't be able to afford home heating/air conditioning?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Mr Schiff, are you in any way related to Jacob Henry Schiff of the Rothschild bloodline, he he, I can't help but to ask.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Do you agree with Catherine Austin Fitts concerning the removal of $4 Trillion from US coffers in the 1980's that was shipped off to Europe?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi Peter,

Are you familiar with Free Lakota Bank?

The Free Lakota Bank is the world's first non-reserve, non-fractional bank that issues, accepts for deposit, and circulates REAL money...silver and gold. All of our deposits are liquid, meaning they can be withdrawn at any time in minted rounds.

What is your opinion on non-reserve, silver and gold based banking systems such as these and the other American Open Currency Standard currencies that are available?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What would have happened if the $4 trillion had not been passed? What would be your choice of action if you were the Secretary of Treasury?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. Schiff,

How many years before world economies emerge from the coming depression and do you foresee disruptions in food distribution?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Mr Schiff, are you in any way related to Jacob Henry Schiff of the Rothschild bloodline, he he, I can't help but to ask.

He isnt---- go here but I will let him answer for himself.

Great job ATS for getting Peter here.

Mr. Schiff, it is an honor. I need some hope. Is there anyway that this can get fixed with the least amount of pain or must we struggle through a depression?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There are many variables that could factor in to this becoming either very bad or more on the tame side. We see how a few pirates have caused financial harm and even threats on the world ecosystem.

What do you think the chances are for either a massive terrorist attack or perhaps the use of a weapon of mass destruction causing a total worldwide financial meltdown.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi Mr. Schiff!

I listen to the EuroPac podcasts and have learned a lot from these. While I know we're a long way from the dust settling, I'd like to get your perspective on entrepreneurial opportunities in the crap economy. I'm sure there were some people who made money during the Great Depression, but I don't have any first-hand knowledge. Do you think smaller sphere economies are the way to go?

By the way, I've heard you say "It doesn't matter" when referring to the few straight-shooters in Congress. While I think we all have our moments of overwhelm, please understand that people are looking to you and Ron Paul and a few others for leadership, like it or not. Please help us to figure out not how to fix a broken system, but how to create a new system that works for the people. I think the people are done working for the system, don't you?

Thanks much,

Mona

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Two part question regarding the Federal Reserve. If the Fed Reserve had never been reinstituted, what do you think our economy would look like today. If the Fed Reserve were to be abolished in 2009, what impact would it have on our economy and future economic growth.
Thanks,

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,
as others have stated, we appreciate your candor and honesty in sticking to your views and ideals. I really don't know anything about economics, but the video's I have seen of you have given me a bit of a clue.

My Questions: Is there any role for the federal government in regulating economies and commerce? What about problems like monopolies, and treatment of employees -what's to stop companies in a completely unregulated system from doing as they please? Or are there different kinds of regulation, some needed and some not?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ive heard an interview with this guy

He is the Real Deal

Here is that Radio interview, in 2 parts

about 10 mins... a good quick listen

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,

Given that borrowers are not willing to borrow now, but will ultimately borrow eventually, thus setting in motion inflation in the near future, if not hyperinflation, sending interest rates into the stratosphere. Do you think it is wise to lock in long term interest rates on items such as mortgages and loans? I.e. is it also a good time to borrow to buy up assets within the next year or so?

Thank you in advance.

-G

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Peter, I am totally broke, unemployed and owe $15,000 credit card debt. The saying to do what you love and the money will follow didn't work for me. I applied my entire adult life to doing so. At any rate, what to do??? A friend asked me what happens if you don't pay credit cards back? Should I move back in with parents. I am 55 yrs. old. They are aging.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Peter , Will there be a collapse and will the Amero be in play at any time ,

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
US dollar hegemony has got to go
www.atimes.com...

Here's a very interesting article to read if any of you are unsure of what to ask. This talks about the US's inherent advantage over the rest of the world in terms of the weight of its dollar against other currencies. This "hegemony", to use the author's word, is allowing the US to spend its way into even greater debt without having to worry much about the consequences. Last year, China attempted to divest its holdings from US treasuries into gold and other currencies, but it failed in that whenever it tried to purchase another asset the price of the U.S. dollar would fall in a similar proportion. China would lose equity and investors elsewhere would just purchase more US treasuries...

My question:

Under what conditions will it be financially feasible and economically viable for the international market to divest out of US dollar, and what should I look out for as an indication of such a thing ever happening?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Hi Peter

Can you paint a rough picture and timeline of how the World is going to Collapse?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
to the team at ATS, all the members and Mr Schiff.
This site allowed me to see beyond the matrix like systems that have been put in place. I have learned so much in the last year and now have a much better understanding of the bigger picture, respect.

Hello Peter

What do you think will happen to the economies of the world (specifically Australian and New Zealand) when/if the USD collapses or is forced to undergo severe changes???

Thank you very much for your time, adios amigos

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join