It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Interview (Ron Paul’s Economic Advisor) – ATS MIX Special Edition 16

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We've all heard a myriad of bobbleheaded pundits telling us how bad it is, how good it is, how it will get better, how will get worse . . . there's talk of depressions, economic implosions, generally everything going to hell in a handbasket . . . yet we're throwing trillions of dollars at it and it isn't making much of a difference to us who are down at ground zero, trying just to live a relatively peaceful existence.

In all of that, exactly how screwed are we? Seriously . . . exactly how bad is it going to get?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Dear Peter,
Will the Fed Reserve be abolished and how long til the crash and will it be harder then the Great Depression??

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,

Thank you for standing up for what you knew to be true. Had a question about the Americo, would switching to it actually help the U.S. due the downturn of our dollar or hurt us since we would no longer be relying on a home based currency.

My views on it are a little bit confused, I don't see the huge benifit in a combined currency.

Wouldn't it cause high inflation?

How would Mexico actually benefit from it?? wouldn't it cost prices to rise in some parts and other to lower in others. Imcomes are different in many states.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bravo ATS! Thank you Mr. Schiff for accepting our questions.

I understand economics only insofar as I am subject to its weather. Despite many well spoken and erudite members' efforts, I have never understood one particular aspect about this scenario we are in.

Where is the money? I know it sounds like a trite question. I wonder frequently exactly what is the collateral against the trillions we are being burdened with? Where is the actual wealth?

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My Question is, I've caught a few interviews of you where they disagreed with you on the future (then) of the economy. Are people that close minded? do they still believe that the economic situation is not as dire and it could get worse? I thought you made very good points on what we can expect. Just today it was officially declared that the United States is in a recession. It has been for a year. Why weren't we told then? What else are they holding from us? Is this the beginning of a New Depression?

Thank You,

[edit on 1-12-2008 by newguyhere2]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ATS DOES IT AGAIN!!

Mr. Schiff is really an honor,

Meredith Whitney was humiliated for predicting Citigroup's collpase at the beginning of the crisis she was later proven right and is now a household name in Wall St., you predicted an ACROSS THE BOARD collapse of the financial industry and the economy, so my questions are:

-How does it feel not only to be proven right but that your analysis weren't taken seriously?

-How your colleagues many of those who publicly went out of their way to humilliate you see you now?

-Are you been sought for advice by the members of Congress or the Executive branch in dealing with this crisis?

-Is the commercial mortgages along with credit default swaps the next bailout items?

-Is this just a cycle or are we going to see some permanent effects of this crisis as we move ahead, in regards to lending, consumer behaviour, jobs?

Thanks.

Edit to add: I know I broke the ONLY ONE question rule so DAVE pick one if any.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Schiff thank you for taking questions.

You have been correct thus far where the economy is concerned and I would like to know where you think our economy will be at the end of 2009, and if it is as bleak as predicted what can the average American do to get by?

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Mr Schiff

as you accurately predicted the outcome of the economy, you found the correct rabbit hole... How far down did you go?

what is the worst case scenario in your opinion? and how should we prepare?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Peter - To the best of your knowledge and intuition.....when do you see the Dollar Crisis start to begin, what time frame from today, and what happens then?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Schiff - my question has two parts, what do you think will happen to the value of the dollar in light of all the government bailouts, and if the dollar does lose status as the worlds reserve currency, do you think the global governing G-20 would call in gold & silver to help prop up the dollars value?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff,
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is often overlooked as holding the third largest gold reserves in the world- far exceeding the gold reserves of all nations excluding the US and Germany. To what extent do you foresee the role of the IMF and any other International Financial Institution (IFI) playing in tomorrow's international political economy and can you speak to the aims of GATA in their attempts to make US reserves more visible?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i dont really have a question because i think he has laid everything out time and time again. that being said i just wanted to tell mr.schiff to keep up the good work of putting msm in its place.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Mr. Schiff:

Thanks in advance for what I am is sure to be a very interesting discussion. If we assume that there is a risk that the US Government is going bankrupt and that does happen, where should I park the funds in my IRA or 401(k). In other words, what will be a safe investment? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Peter,

Do you believe this crisis was by design or completely by ignorance?

Thank you

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mr Schiff: At the global level, who are the people or families who have most control of the international financial institutions, and are any of them powerfull enough or influential enough to undertake a global totalitarian powergrab, which is what seems to me to be happening in the post 911 world?

If there is an answer which is in harmony with the premisse of the first question, ie, the road to totalitarism, the second one is: what can be done to turn the tide, specifically on the monetary policy and financial front?

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
(What a SCORE to get this interview with Mr. Schiff! Good job, ATS!!!)

Mr. Schiff,

Regarding the recent plunging of both short- and long-term bond yields combined with Ben Bernanke's statements today (12/1) about the Fed going straight-up quantitative easing re: capping long term bond yields via direct purchase - do you believe we're looking at a "lost decade" situation similar to Japan, or do you believe we're looking more at a real and potential bond market dislocation?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Schiff,

I first want to thank you for being a patriot, as well as an honest citizen.
My Question is kind of personal, and the reason I ask is because of the deep desire that compels you to stand against a formidable foe.How much resistance have you had against the media and the elite, That would no doubt like you to be silent............................Our prayers are with you on your stand for TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
No question, but I would like to say that I came to know who you were and ordered your books, "Crash Proof..." and "The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets" last week because of your exposure here on ATS and watched with avid interest the video links that were posted in the threads.

I am looking forward to reading them, but sad that my timing was a week off as I am sure I am going to have plenty of questions for you... after reading.

Maybe you will come back before the end of the year?

Cheers!
TWISI

PS - Re-reading this post I realize it sounds like a 'plant' or promo, but it's not. There's no conspiracy here, honest.

PPS - MODS, when is this show 'airing'? (Perhaps I can get through the books before that).

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What do you think of NESARA type stuff like abolish the fed reserve,debt forgiveness & abolish income taxes?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Regardless of the full fledged recession we're in and a looming depression. What is and where is the bright side in this whole mess? When do you expect our country, if ever, to make a financial "turn around" or at least find some sort of "stability."

- Thanks ATS for working so hard to get this man here! This is BIG, and just shows how dedicated you are to your subscribers! Incredible community and staff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join