It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff Interview (Ron Paul’s Economic Advisor) – ATS MIX Special Edition 16

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Mr Schiff,

What do you think of Henry Paulson?

I've come to the conclusion most American's are in the dark about the Federal Reserve and how it has the US economy in a strangehold. I was once blind to the fact as well. What can we do as regular Joe's to wake up the public? You and Dr Paul are beacons of hope but your voices are only a whisper upon the ears of the deaf and blind!

We tried to hold rallies in many cities in November but were ignored by our representatives and the media!

Thanks
VVV

[edit on 2-12-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hi, my question is short and simple:

What should people of US do to create more jobs for themselves in the context of globalisation and cheap labor available abroad?

Thanks a million!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
First off,

Welcome to ATS! I know i speak on beahalf of all members here when saying "this truly is an honour and a privilege".

My question is global.
I live in New Zealand, and i have reason to believe that our banking system is based upon the same imbalanced "money mechanics" as the U.S.

How exactly would the inevitable collapse of the U.S dollar and its economy, affect the smaller economies of the world, like mine?
and potential difficulties we may face later down the road upon the arrival of a new major currency ?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
hello mr schiff,
i as wondering if it would be feasable for texas to seceed from the US? i would think that by doing away with the bailout companies,we could survive as a republic again.
we have the natural resources,and other things we need to be independent.
i realize this would be a tremendous task,but wouldn,t it be worth it just to prohibit the fed from operating in our borders?
of course ,ron paul would have to be our first president...

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So Peter. If we can't trust them. How can we trust you?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Mr. Schiff-
Thanks for your time.

Why doesn't the government (congress, the executive branch) not take heed the words of people like yourself and Ron Paul?

Have they not heard your forcasts? Do they not understand? Could you help us understand why and how our elected leaders are making the decisions they are making?

Thanks.
O_E

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Peter, You have proven to be right on in almost every aspect of financial problems we have and will face.

My question to you is,
I have US funds tied up in a trust that may not be released until February, 2009. Is there any way to exchange these dollars for a more stable currency prior to release of funds?

I plan on investing in your company and just watched a video where you explain your strategies. I must say, I am impressed with your no nonsense approach and your concern for clients well being over corporate profiteering as so many others have done in the quest for the almighty dollar.
It is a pleasure watching you school so many supposed financial wizards, over and over.
Best Regards,
imd1

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I am not at retirement age for a at least 20 years, more at the rate things are going, but would like to know what you think about pension plans as they are currently set up - both private and government-sponsored. Is there any point, given what's happening now with both the economy and the population problems?

What do you think about falling off the grid, flying below the radar, so to speak? In other words, starting to create a society or underground that doesn't rely on money and therefore would not contribute via taxation.

If you have any particularly relevant info, I live in northern Europe and have for most of my working life.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
First off thanks to ATS who are making this interview possible, what an awesome site this is.

All questions -and not forgetting the MAIN question- are already asked, of which in my mind the biggest one is:

IS THERE OR WILL THERE BE SUPPORT TO ABOLISH THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM AND REVERT TO A PRECIOUS METAL CURRENCY STANDARD

And, as a sideliner: What happened during your recent CNN interview with Becky Anderson while you were cutoff in midsentence.

Thank you very much Mr. Schiff, I am a great admirer of yours, not only because you predicted the current stock market decline, but mainly because you STOOD AND ARE STANDING YOUR GROUND amidst all those so-called experts.

Well done.

MoonMine

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Mr. Schiff,

It is obvious there is an agenda within the upper tier of our government to keep the general public clueless to the information you and Dr. Paul have tried to get out. My question to you is, what kind of time frame after the GP (general population) is let in on the truth, do you see things turning for the better?

Thanks,

Mike

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hi Peter,

Greetings from the UK. I've been baffled at how bare faced the other so-called experts on various interviews haveridiculed you on live TV and I wonder... are you not ever motivated to take extra steps to 'out' these people as frauds.

I'd be surprised if you did't take these uinsults personally, especially after so called neutral hosts have joined in.

What say you to that?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I know we are supposed to ask only one question but I have to try again.

Since you have a great deal of experience interfacing with the media, I must ask you,

why is it that the media 'talking heads' never address the International Bank Cartel we call the "Federal Reserve", it's nature and its' practice of fractional reserve banking as the cornerstone of their business model? Are we truly not supposed to know or discuss it in the Media, or are the media personalities just unwilling to talk about it?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
GOLD?? is the stock completey pointless at this point? Should I just invest in RAW GOLD??

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Recently Schiff was on CNN. He was speaking about the economy and was cut off. CNN cited technical difficulties.

So my question is: What was his full comment that caused CNN to cut him off?

(perhaps he is unaware that CNN cut him off?)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
the mortgage mess would be restructured or settled for an estimated $1Trillion.

The current bailout of the financial system, to the tune of $7-8Trillion,
has been brought about by the recognization of the pethora of Alice-in-Wonderland' financial products & independently issued derivatives.

Would you say it Could be a proper action to Backtrack
& declare all those exotic betting slips as un-recognized, un-regulated, and counterfeit debt-&-asset paper?

Thus eliminating $6-7Trillion of the (contrived) debt which are based on a virtual reality... and not based on real world brick-&-mortar or resources.

thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just wanted to say Thanks Peter for never giving into the irrational logic that most of these so called "economic guru's" have and share all over 24/7 new outlets. I agree with you 100%. We need to start saving like the Chinese have been doing for the past few decades and spending less......which means a recession but so be it!

I wish you the best of luck trying to get through to those Guru's out in the "real World". Meanwhile ATS is all ears.

I hope you feel welcomed enough to come back to the ATS forums...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi Peter, the first thing I'd like to say is thanks for doing what you do and opening peoples eyes and ears to the reality of the situation that is going on.

The question I'd like to ask you is have you seen the online movie Zeitgeist: Addendum or heard of the Venus Project? If so what do you think would be the implications of such a plan and would you support the idea?

Cheers.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Phazon]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Peter, as a policy in the 80's Interest rates were increased to combat inflation, you have stated that this was possible because most of the debt was in American owned 30 year government bonds but that same policy can not be implimented now due to the majority of the debt being held in 2 year treasury bills owned by foreign borrowers. Can you explain this at a fundamental level? Why can interest rates not be raised?

There has been a recent spike in the American currency, I was expecting this to come down relative to the Canadian dollar. You mentioned this was temporary and due to mass amounts of deleveraging. Can you explain the fundamentals of why the American dollar increased and why it will fall while commodities recover?

Thanks so much for the opportunity to post my question and I look forward to hearing from you Peter.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A quick question from an anonymous reader if you will.

You have previously stated that American Economy is now based on consumerism where as in the past its great strength was in production. How much has our addiction to "cheap" goods contributed to the current situation? Is the cost of labor within the United States too prohibitive for a real return to a production based economy? In addition, do we have the infrastructure in terms of facilities and skilled labor to make the necessary changes? Finally, in an era where people are constantly bombarded with images of wealth and decadence, how bad will things have to get before people readily accept a blue collar lifestyle/job?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have been lurking for a while but this opportunity was enough to get me sign up.

You have previously stated that American Economy is now based on consumerism where as in the past its great strength was in production. How much has our addiction to "cheap" goods contributed to the current situation? Is the cost of labor within the United States too prohibitive for a real return to a production based economy? In addition, do we have the infrastructure in terms of facilities and skilled labor to make the necessary changes? Finally, in an era where people are constantly bombarded with images of wealth and decadence, how bad will things have to get before people readily accept a blue collar lifestyle/job?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join