It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reports rocket launch amid nuclear tension

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

You are correct; systems DO need to be tested.

However..............................

Clearly, the timing is being done to antagonize other countries, as is was done as they announce 5000 centrifuges making nuclear bomb fuel.

You will please note, "however", that the US informed Russia/China and other "major players" about the missile system test's, where and when it would occurred (long before the actual test).

It (the US missile test) was no surprise or shock to anyone.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

That would not work,

Nuclear fuel has a specific signature based on what reactor made it.

Yes, If Russia explodes a nuclear weapon, we can sample the radiation and tell what location/plant/reactor and what year it was made, seriously.

Yes, I am sure Russia can do the same.

Anyways, if Russia were to have Iran explode a nuclear weapon (in Russia proper), the world would know within hours that the bomb was not Russian or Soviet Empires weapon.

Just saying...................

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

firstly i dont see whats so
about things (u must really like your smilies)

mmh despretly trying to provoke a reaction, i still find it amusing.
i see you dropped your civilized stance

please show me where it says Iran or anyother country cant test rockets and launch satalites and so forth i would really like to know.

how easily would it be able to be converted, redesigned to re-enter the earths atmosphere and all the other tecnicalities that go with ICBMs.
satalite you launch into space and thats it, ICBM has loads of other factors,
so i am intrested to know

(since you seem to be quiet the expert on missiles)

last time i checked on the news Iran isnt building nukes,
and they havent publicaly stated they are going for nukes.

what are they begging for?
i and many others would like to know what they are begging for?

Israeli air strikes?
US air strikes?
sending you in to give them a lecture on how they will get whats coming?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Well Niteboy, let me tell you what the Issues are,

1) Iran claims it is "NOT" making nuclear bomb fuel-sneaking a bomb out of the country kinda proves their ling about that.

2)Again, testing a nuclear weapon that they over and over again claim they are not working on......kinda blows their lie.

3) perhaps if Iran did not do it's best to iniciate an attack on Iran by Iran or the US, they might be safer.

4) perhaps if they did not on an almost weekly basis, threaten other countries(s), their security and safety might not be in such potential danger.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

1. Irans snuke a nuke out ? when

2. wouldnt that make them untouchable? if they came full out,
aka north korea

3. your right, Iranians are stupid for standing up for them selves.

4. and the threats of attack from the US and Israel are just harmless fun.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I did not; I guess you need things repeated many times before you understand them, ok.

A civilized country does not want to cause a war by launching rockets/missiles and having another country think that they (IRAN) are launching their attack on Israel, or any other country, as they threaten practically weekly.

We all know they do and we all know it is done in hopes of provoking a war-that is uncivilized.

BO, your personal ignorance of the extreme similarities as well as the same rocket's being able to be used to launch satellites as well weapons payloads a side, yes, they are almost the same and can VERY easily be used for both purposes.

OH, GEE, Iran say's it is not making nuclear fuel on the way to bomb grade.
Oh Gee, Iran says it's not working on nuclear weapons, well, that certainly puts an end to that question.
-of course they are, everyone knows it, some few just won't admit it.

What are they begging for, war. Much of what Iran does is beyond the scope of this post (money/training/weapons to Hezbollah and several other Muslim terrorist groups)

What is within the scope of this post is I am sure Iran is too cowardly to use a nuclear weapon, they would probably give it to Hezbollah or some other terrorist group to use (this is the nuclear tensions referred to in the post title)

I see that Iran’s constant threats and more than highly questionable actions are designed to get Iran attacked so they can play the victim card, but any informed person would see through that immediately.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

BO,

If you bothered to read the post I was quoting from Niteboy82 post who was responding to "Darthouious" you would know that Niteboy suggested that if Iran were to sneek it's nuclear weapon(s) out of Iran and into Russia, they could claim it was a russian nuclear bomb test, not Irans.

Wouldn't Iran admitting they are working on nuclear weapons (finally admitting what we all know) would actually make them in more danger.
Clearly Iran would not be allowed to have nuclear weapons and there would surely be a war to distroy them.

There is a BIG difference between standing up for yourself and purposly and constaly antaganoizing another country to the point where Iran is concerned they will be attacked. UM, I don't know, if your constant threats and provocations cause others to consider attacking you and your nuclear bomb program, maybe you shouldn't act that way.

What I mean, to be clear, if your constant threats and provocations cause you to fear an attack from another country, don't constatly threat and do provocitive actions.

This may be a bit much for some, but why don't you closely examine 'WHY" the US and or Israel are/would be threatening Iran, in an open minded manner.
This may provide the explanation you can't seem to see.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

lol

1. yeap bring in Hazbullah, who are seen as terrorists by some countries
also dont try bring in the moral ground Iran arms terrorists.

The US has and does do that to fight its proxy wars enough
so dont use double standerds.

also please show which terrorists they are arming (Alquida?)
insurgents in Iraq?

2. Unless the US can bring in hard evidence Iran has nukes then its diffrent
having the capabilities and building nukes are two diffrent things.

3. what makes you think they would arm anyone with nukes?
they have had decades to arm them with bio/chemical weapons which they are known to have.

what makes you think they have the mindset same as your and would use such weapons of mass destruction?

4. Threats? almost all their threats seem to start with "if we are attacked"
sounds like they will defend them selves, unless saying you will attack back if you are attacked is being aggresive,

but its ok to be a country that is known to use force and attack civilians making the threats?

5. so when Israel tests its Missile and anti missile systems they are just testing their gear?

and all these topics on Israel attacking iran and green light thats not antaganoizing?

this isnt to much for me as i look at the history of Iran and how the US failed once in controling the oil and wealth of the country after operation Ajax.

i look at what has happend and how countries run their affairs

how about you open your mind to why Iran does what it does.

also on the Note on rockets, didnt say i was an expert or idea of them did?
so no ignorance from me there, i did ask you to explain how though

[edit on 26-11-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Don't you think that in a current global climate of tension and unrest, it would be wisest not to start testing your missile capabilities for fear of giving the wrong impression to the neighbours who think you are out to get them anyway? I think it's blatantly obvious that if you are constantly on the verge of war, then doing something like this would indicate you are simply gearing up for it, rather than taking diplomatic steps to avert it.
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Hasnt there just been a missile test of sorts by the US and Japan?
I dont think Japans neighbours would be to happy.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The pressing question is...

Did it really happen, or was it another photoshop?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

As usual, bo is trying to change the posting topic.

The topic is IRAN launching a rocket and continueing to make nuclear fuel that they will us in bombs, please don't try to disrail the tread with you anti American/anti Jewish tripe.

What the US does or does not do is not the topic of this post.

Which group is supplying the terrorists in Iraq with weapons and training is not the issue of this post.

If Iran has nukes, they were not home brewed, probably.
Does Iran have the capabilities, with dumb arse Russian's and some Paki scientists, yes they do.
Is Iran working on them, D'UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One bomb of chemical/bilogical weapons, would not do near the damage of 1 nuclear weapon, yes, nukes are "MUCH" worse than the weapons they have now.

Hmm, could be the horses ass, adam a-jahid's constant threats against other countrie(s), this is WELL documented, read something that "ISN"T" anti US/Isreal.

Iran and other countries are told when test are to be run, remember about civilized countries actions.....................

Btw, if you lok up the term ignorant, it means to not have knowledge in a given area, and by your own words, you are ignorant about rockets.

Also, Btw, I never said I was an expert on rockets, perhaps my level of knowledge is so superior to your, I "SEEM" like an expert on that subject matter.
to you.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I would agree that the threats against Iran should cease. No more talking, threatening, or posturing.

Just nuke Iran and get this over with. People that stupid shouldn't breed.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Actually, the right biological weapon could be exponentially more deadly than a nuclear weapon. It just has the potential to come back around and bite them in the butt if they made one and used it.

I'm willing to wager that the Black Plague, Influenza, and Smallpox have each killed far more people than atomic bombs.

But.. I'm nitpicking, and I don't know why.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Are you for real?

If I had 2 nations staring me down the barrel of a gun, you damn well better believe id be testing my munitions. To make sure they work, to make sure the other side knows they are going to get hurt bad if they try anything.

The comments some people make are just unfickenbeliebably stooppid.

America has warships, carriers, all hovering on Irans border, yet your saying Iran should tone down its actions?

Gimme a break.

Soon, George is going to sanction Iran for testing missiles. Because obviously people like you would back it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So long as the US and Israel are threatening to destroy Iran, then Iran have every right to test their weapons and to prepare the best possible defenses.

Saying Iran is doing wrong by preparing nuclear weapons, is like saying the US was doing wrong building them in the fact of 1945.

Iran have not used a weapon against anyone since the dark ages, I say let them build a defense so the criminal US regime thinks twice before turning them into another Iraqi wasteland.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Are you for real?

If I had 2 nations staring me down the barrel of a gun, you damn well better believe id be testing my munitions. To make sure they work, to make sure the other side knows they are going to get hurt bad if they try anything.

The comments some people make are just unfickenbeliebably stooppid.

America has warships, carriers, all hovering on Irans border, yet your saying Iran should tone down its actions?

Gimme a break.

Soon, George is going to sanction Iran for testing missiles. Because obviously people like you would back it.

Well that's where we differ, I'd be sending diplomats to try and talk to them about why they had their guns pointed at me. But I guess I just don't like war.

And no, I didn't suggest anyone place sanctions on anyone, I just suggested that it might be a little more prudent to show some diplomacy than a show of strength.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The reason it is bad that Iran is test firing missiles is because Israel is on a hair trigger. A mistake by a radar tech in Israel and most of Iran is glass. Say what you want about their right to test their missiles but IMO it is a stupid risk.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
How dare Iran do what every Nation on this Earth has a right to Do! How Dare They!!!

Goddamnit, it is one thing for Caucasian Nations to do this sort of thing, but for a bunch of Persians dare do such a thing! Damn them All!!!

Who do they think they are - Americans?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianduder
How dare Iran do what every Nation on this Earth has a right to Do! How Dare They!!!

Goddamnit, it is one thing for Caucasian Nations to do this sort of thing, but for a bunch of Persians dare do such a thing! Damn them All!!!

Who do they think they are - Americans?

No, Velvet Death summed it up perfectly. Don't be a fool and read their post.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Israel is always on a hair trigger: the State itself suffers from Paranoia to the extent that they have acquired enough nuclear warheads to destroy the Earth twice over!

Your argument is moot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join