It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reports rocket launch amid nuclear tension

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Iran launched another rocket today.

One of these days Iran will find it makes too provocitive a move and will be put in it's place, but hard.

It seems that will be the only thing they understand to stop trying to start wars.

And to all the Iranian appologists, no Iran did not notify anyone, again, of the launch before hand, so as to not potential cause a war.

Just like the start of WW2, no one wanted to get dirty and stop Hitler early on.

Because of that attitude, over 50 million people did containing Hitler.

Noone wants to directly confront Iran.

How many hundreds of millions will have to die to put down Iran like Germany was put down???

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Reductio ad Hitler...

That tactic is quite old and has been abused too often to have any effect.

I suggest a rebuttal based on facts - point-by-point if need be.

Please don't compare Iran to Nazi Germany. If anything, compare the United States to Nazi Germany.

Iran is a Republic... ah forget it. I'm wasting my time.

Good day.

Iran isn't allowed to do what were allowed to do because we are us...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mind is the universe

Mind, you're so gullible and naive that it is unbelievable.

Those enemies I fought against would come into an area, round up any village leader, any teacher, and clerics, and execute them on the spot. Peacemakers? They loved peacemakers!

No questions, no mercy, no respite. Execution.

You take your peacemaking abilities and shove them.

I've seen lots of dead peacemakers. But you go for it.

Enemies? Who were the enemies?

Peacemakers? Who were the peacemakers?

Dooper, what is your point? Who are you talking about

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Iran being compared to Nazi Germany.

I really would like that crap to stop please...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You may not like it.

BUT.....................

If you cannot disprove it, it's just makes it a fact you don't like and or don't want to see.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The enemies you ask about were those who had been mortaring our firebase.

The peacemakers that were slaughtered were clergy and teachers.

The point was that often, even peacemakers don't get to speak their peace. They are just killed for the hell of it, and it's really easy for those who are evil enough as generally the peacemakers are unarmed.

You were comparing yourself to a peacemaker.

Get it?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianduder

The comparison with Hitler is not that great of a stretch.

Aggressive nationalism led by beligerants who ignore the concerns of those around them historically have led to disaster. They generally make threats and at first opportunity, follow through. Even to their own destruction.

The problem is, by hesitating, the effort to facilitate their destruction costs hundreds of thousands or millions of innocent lives.

In 1938 and 1939, Hitler could have easily been stopped had France and Britain forced him to. It was their inaction while the situation was still manageable that eventually cost 52,000,000 lives. Thus the analogy to Hitler.

Iran is led not by the people, but by a radical clergy whose efforts are fired by their destructive religion, whereby they may reach paradise if killed in the process of destroying non-Muslims.

How many will have to die before Western powers combine to destroy them?

The longer we wait, the more dangerous the situation.

Get it?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

You may not like it.

BUT.....................

If you cannot disprove it, it's just makes it a fact you don't like and or don't want to see.

Well you haven't proved anything. It's ludricous for anyone to even try back themselves over your inane accusation. Your just spewing ignorance to even dare announce it as fact, when you haven't shown any evidence.

The reality is Iran is nothing like Nazis Germany. It's a peaceful nation, judging by their actions over the last two years, Iran has remained CALM, considering the threats and aggression it has recieved from both Israel and the USA.

USA should stop been such a bully, and getting Israel to do the bidding.

This bullying is absurd and pathetic.

This war mongering is stupid.

[edit on 28-11-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The enemies you ask about were those who had been mortaring our firebase.

The peacemakers that were slaughtered were clergy and teachers.

The point was that often, even peacemakers don't get to speak their peace. They are just killed for the hell of it, and it's really easy for those who are evil enough as generally the peacemakers are unarmed.

You were comparing yourself to a peacemaker.

Get it?

Peacemaker's dont get themselves into conflicts

Peacemaker's dont attract war and aggression to them.

But you hadn't specifically told me who "were" the enemies and who "were" the enemies?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Iran is led not by the people, but by a radical clergy whose efforts are fired by their destructive religion, whereby they may reach paradise if killed in the process of destroying non-Muslims.
Proof Dooper?

How many will have to die before Western powers combine to destroy them?
No one has to die, infact there doesn't need to be any war at all

The longer we wait, the more dangerous the situation.

Get it?

As I said if your so impaitent, hot and bothered about behaving like a unacceptable war mongerer.

You go out and fight it Dooper. Otherwise put up, shut up and behave yourself

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hey, don't you concern yourself about me. I've gone and fought my countries enemies, and before God, I was quite good at it.

Given the opportunity to do so again, especially against some of these Muslims that seek paradise, I'll be very glad to send as many as I can, as quickly as I can, in the greatest numbers I can, as efficiently as I can.

Already, my book has garnered the attention of the US military, and both the US Army and the US Marines are revising their tactics with great success. So in a way, I'm already helping these turds meet Allah.

Don't worry, I'm already doing my part.

And you're welcome.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Hey, don't you concern yourself about me. I've gone and fought my countries enemies, and before God, I was quite good at it.

Well if your quite good at war. Then less talking and fight the wars.

Just DON'T talk war's for other's to fight.

Do you understand?

Given the opportunity to do so again, especially against some of these Muslims that seek paradise, I'll be very glad to send as many as I can, as quickly as I can, in the greatest numbers I can, as efficiently as I can.

Excuse me, do you mind putting your bigotry and ignorance ASIDE.
It's not about religion. It's about The West creating conflict within the ME. The USA should step out, and stop this unacceptable BEHAVIOUR.

Already, my book has garnered the attention of the US military, and both the US Army and the US Marines are revising their tactics with great success. So in a way, I'm already helping these turds meet Allah.

Success, Is been at peace with you. Sucess is been at peace with other's.
Been in constant conflict, is not success. It is not solving conflict.

In fact, war's create more conflict. It create's more hatred, ingorance and resentment on both side's. It is illogical and animilistic.
It's a fact, that diplomacy bring's understanding, balance and clarity to all sides.( Humanity representation is understanding, balance, growth)

War and Conflict does not represent, progress, peace, stabilty or balance.

It's people like you who are the real problem in this world. You attract conflict and war to you, you create conflict and war, and you strive for conflict and war.

This is the reality, This is what's happening to you and what has alway's happened to you. Anger and agression reduces clarity and rational thinking. That's a fact.

So Dooper, I'm here to tell you again, your behaviour Is not acceptable. Show respect. USA is not right and Iran is not wrong. As you keep manipulating it to be ALL THE TIME. You fail to back yourself up on all of these wacko claim's. Again Dooper your respect on ATS is getting very obvious
. The world is not black and white. The world is not labeled by America. It is not they are good and they are bad. We are human being's none of us are perfect. Stop making the USA to be the god of this world, as it's showing it's certainly isn't.

You or the USA don't have the place or place to tell Iran what to do. Do take the time to understand that.

It is has nothing to do with religion either, so don't go there again on your BS.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mind is the universe]

[edit on 29-11-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Mind, you can't seem to get past simple concepts that have proven successful over the millennia each and every time:

That enemy which is totally destroyed, causes no further problems for generations.

That's the truth. Even when the Persians kept getting whipped by Westerners by the Greeks and Macedonians, they learned their lessons the hard way and left them alone.

If Iran wants to be a player, then welcome to the game. They have little but memories of a long forgotten Empire, and only be adopting Western weapons do they even cause any concern.

And it will be Western weapons which once again, will spoil their ambitions.

And they better launch all the rockets they can, while they can. Soon, it won't be outgoing missiles crossing the sky, but incoming.

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
check out this picture from the 70's

mrzine.monthlyreview.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Mind, you can't seem to get past simple concepts that have proven successful over the millennia each and every time:

That enemy which is totally destroyed, causes no further problems for generations.

What enemy?
And if USA defeated the enemy why are they in another war again?

It seem's you can't seem to get past simple concepts, that you are repeating throughout history.

That's the truth.
The real truth is more revealed when you become peaceful. All become's clear.

If Iran wants to be a player, then welcome to the game. They have little but memories of a long forgotten Empire, and only be adopting Western weapons do they even cause any concern.

It's not being a player.
Iran is standing up for it's self. USA better get used to it.

And it will be Western weapons which once again, will spoil their ambitions.

Again I ask you, about the black and white BS. Why the west allowed to have weapons, and the east not?

And they better launch all the rockets they can, while they can. Soon, it won't be outgoing missiles crossing the sky, but incoming.

Enjoy.
But USA launch rocket's all the time. So if's buts ands, and what Dooper. Still trollling again.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Your question, "what enemy when destroyed causes no further problems for generations?

Any enemy. Dead is dead. Persians die just like anyone else. And once dead, they don't get any deader.

Just for you - the truth has nothing to do with peace.

Iran can pursue these weapons as they wish. We all make our own decisions. It's just that threatening people make their neighbors nervous. And nervous people with their fingers on the trigger are highly likely to pull that trigger. Just human nature to preempt the strike of another. If Iran brings its own destruction upon itself, then who am I to argue?

Since several nuclear nations have stated emphatically that Iran absolutely will not be allowed to continue to develop these nations, I hope Iran continues. One less threat on the horizon.

Then maybe the few survivors will slaughter these insane clerics.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"If Iran brings its own destruction upon itself, then who am I to argue?"

Argue with us. You already are, why stop now.

Any attack on Iran will result in immediate counterattack by their Russian military Allies.

Should the attack original from a NATO country, Russian Doctrine dictates that they nuke all NATO Capital Cities. ALL Capital cities in Every single NATO country.
Then when we don't surrender, their Doctrine dictates that they nuke all Western Industry and destroy our capabilities for war production.

I don't think your idea is worth the outcome.

We're both military men Dooper, we both know I'm right - regardless of how much fun it would be, the radiation and death would take away from the experience...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

An Iranian friend of mine told me once that "Russia sees Iran as a ripe apple. With patience, Iran will one day fall into the hand of the Russians.

His point was that while Russia may work a bit with Iran, they won't give a fuzzy rat's sphincter if Iran is attacked.

Russia also built a reactor for Iraq, and it was destroyed. Not a word.

Besides, if Israel or the US are very careful, both countries will have "plausible denial" and nothing can be proven.

For anyone to argue, it could have been one or more nuclear accidents.

Too bad.

Russia is not going to war with everyone just over Iran. There's no percentage in it, and besides, the loss of Iranian oil for a while would be to Russia's distinct benefit.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Russia also built a reactor for Iraq, and it was destroyed. Not a word"

true, they did sell and build the Ossiraq Reactor. However, the Bushehr Reactor is staffed by Russians, and built by primarily Iranians.

This was done specifically to let the Americans and Israelis know that the reactor is not to be attacked. They cannot attack the power plant without killing several dozen Russian Citizens and their families nearby.

Remember South Ossetia, Russia mobilized and launched their counterattack after only 10 Russian causalities were incurred....

Iran is Russia 7th largest trading partner and primary provider of wheat for 12-15 million Russians.

Come on Dooper, you know the circumstances have changed since the Cold War - This isn't the 1980s anymore.

Russia is seeking to supplant the US' position, as are Red china and India - they are obligated to defend their interests in the Region.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just transmitting an overview in great part based on the opinion of informed Iranians, most living elsewhere but still in touch -

the Iranian Mullahs are painfully aware that their planned Islamic Revolution isn't happening - it's getting on 30 years.

Iran and Iraq fought a brutal war for 8 years in which a million people died. They are terrified with the Americans next door on two fronts, resentful they were shooed away when the tried to help the US against their mutual enemy the Taliban.

The anti-Israel rhetoric is in large part an attempt to mobilize the rest of the Muslim populace worldwide to their side. Mostly bluff, they make it obvious that they have no immediate plans to nuke anyone. Countries that develop nuclear weaponry do it silently, not making weekly update reports to the world.

Iran still lacks the technology and budget to do much more than make a raw nuclear device. Miniaturization and the precision means of delivery are required to effectively send a nuclear weapon to somewhere.

Iran’s current belligerent strategy gets theme respect, everyone’s attention and Western concessions. But those Mad Mullahs are religion rather than money or diplomacy drive. Unpredictable and increasingly desperate, they may decide a conflagration in which most of Israel is wiped out and 20-30 million Iranian civilians die, may bring them closer to their goals. That's the real Wild Card the game the world is playing out - the Mullahs may do something unexpected and totally irrational in survival terms.

Russia sits on the sidelines, selling them their old now mostly defective technology weaponry. They watch as Iran, geared to keep it's nose above water with oil at $100 a barrel, is slowly sinking into a quagmire of dysfunction on so many levels, with their oil producing infrastructure is rotting, money being poured into programs that neglect the populace like Venezuela.

Russia is as mystified and worried about what they will do, but is ready, like China, to pick up the pieces, when the country implodes.

The only good prediction I can come up with is that something unpredictable is going to happen with Iran.

Mike F

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join