It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to Surpress the Truth & Homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I can understand you saying that we are experiencing the wrath of God. What I don't understand is you tying homosexuals in with it. This thread seems more like a hate speech directed towards gays than anything else. If you want to make a point about God's wrath, talk about hurricane Katrina. Talk about my brothers and sisters fighting a horrific and ridiculous war. Talk about the earthquake in China. I fail to see how someones sexual preference affects anyone but them and their partner.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My trouble with those who call homosexuality sinful is that they pick and choose from the bible. You couldn’t possibly follow everything expressed in the pieces of the bible that you quote homosexual references from, it is impossible. So why do you focus on homosexuality? Because you are being fueled by something other than God, and you work so hard to convince yourself that you become ridiculously transparent. Now not only are the homosexuals against God, now it is all a huge conspiracy, of course you’d just love that. Then you can excuse any relevant evidence that puts your ignorant point of view to shame. If there is any conspiracy it is that of organized religion focusing on homosexuality and slowly but surely letting go of other things taught in the bible depending on the progressiveness of a society. By the way I’m still waiting for a quote from Jesus regarding homosexuals, so far we just have quotes from that guy who thought women should remain silent, slavery was okay, and believed celibacy was more sacred than marriage. Nice to see who in the bible is on your side of this discussion…

[edit on 24-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What a load of tripe! Homosexuality exists in over 1500 species on the planet and has existed in the human race since it began. To infer that homosexuality is the 'wrath of God' means that 'God' has gone from an observer to an interferer, thus has circumvented free will, and that would mean that homosexuals will be going to heaven since they had no choice in the matter as they were merely instruments of 'God's Wrath'.

I can only hope that 'The Big Three' (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) come to their senses and leave the ancient words behind someday. It is just ludicrious to me that modern peoples still follow the words written by ancient peoples who were steeped in ignorance and superstition. It is even more insane in my opinion that those that do insist on ramming their ignorant beliefs on me!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

The fear that this post reeks of is palpable. It must be nearly intolerable to live life so terrified and unhappy. I hope you are able to find peace one day.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
simplynoone, do you have any idea how absolutely senseless it is to say that you know that 911 meant time was getting short and that the lord will come like a thief in the night in the same paragraph.

which is it, is god coming without posting a sign or is he coming after a set series of events? do us all a favor and just stop with this rubbish.

Can you honestly sit there and tell us that 911 was not an event that changed the COURSE OF OUR WORLD overnight ? We have been just rolling along ..nothing much changed ...UNTIL that day ..now everything has changed ..And is getting worse as time goes by ..

And people are all so worried about their money,their love lives etc and they dont even see what is really happening and why it is happening ......and what is next ...which is why I say it is all about to come down just as the bible says it will ......and there is NOW no more rolling along with our lives ...it is serious times now ...dont downplay it ..just because you DONT BELIEVE It ..does not mean that it is isnt the TRUTH does it >?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So with this train of logic, hurricane's must be the wrath of Allah, abortions must be the wrath of Shiva, war must be the wrath of Buddha.

Need I go on?

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't God's Wrath supposed to be punishment for those that did not chose to follow him? How is having a homosexual population punishment to anyone?
Manifestations of God's wrath cannot be comparable to variances in humans.

-Ign0ranT

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Your truth rings simply as your opinion. Same with the OP.

Just because you believe something does not make it truth.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

No offense taken but...

Perhaps you should ask yourself how many threads there are in CIR about Jesus not existing or that he is based on pagan sun gods, the Bible is fairy tales -how many those do you have? Pose the same question the next time one of those is posted. I sort of doubt that will happen...

Perhaps then you should wonder why the staff didn't just close the thread and re-directed you to one of the other likely suspects. Perhaps it was to give you the opportunity to make this thread different?

Why do you say "no offense taken"? Was my post offensive in any aspect?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
First of all, cant yahweh speak for himself on this matter.. im sure he doesnt need you to shout out what only naturally people will see as YOUR own interpretation of what you think yahweh means.

Why would he punish the animals.. the innocent and pure? Punish them with homosexuality?

So far all you have given us is lines from a book humans wrote and (perfected) over a period of 1400 to 1800 years by more than 40 different authors... published some time ago, and you expect others to belive that yahweh want us to have them, think of them and live by them.

Where exactly did the water from the flood come from? And were is it now?

Where is yahweh now? He shows up thousand of years ago, last as a mangod walking around on earth only to be cruzified.. and then never shows himself or anything?

And just who is the christians to be talking about homosexuality anyway.. i mean, every week i hear about them priests and their little boys. (whats up with that?)

I tire of these christians that just wants to live in total ignorance and praise jesus and everything will be perfect.. it all so easy... How about some faith in humanity for a change.. how bout you DO something about the world situation. Cause its not easy peacy.. it takes courage and strenght.

But you just wanna close your eyes and ears and dissapear into your illusion. THAT is something that sounds like what REALY is the devils way.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

banning of school prayer in the 1960s

Again, someone who praises the 60’s and the time period before it. Goes to show how much your type loves the oppression of those who are different from you and don’t worship your idea of morality. Did you forget all of the bad stuff going on pre-70’s, or do you just focus on your thrill that in that time period gays were seen as a threat to the family unit and treated as such. Sad to see that mentality slipping away with the rest of the ignorance are we?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken ...what I saw in his post was that there is a CONSPIRICY to suppress the truth .....the nonbelief in GOD and his WORD ...is what has LEAD to all that is happening now ....thats what I thought I read from his posts.

He included many things in it not just homosexual behaviours ..
But of course that stood out to some of you who live that lifestyle ..

And if you did not notice I added that ALL OF US ARE IN TROUBLE didnt I ?
And yes ALL OF US ARE DOING BAD THINGS ...
And ALL OF US ARE IN DEEP DOODOO >..

Here is what you dont get ..it does not matter what we are doing ..nor does it matter what you are doing ...you accusing us or vice versa WILL NOT MAKE IT ANY BETTER FOR YOU or for US >...so why even go there ??In fact the more we say in the negative towards eachother the worse it will be for us and you (because we will also all be judged by EVERY WORD that COMES OUT OF OUR MOUTH) .............

The way I see it ..if Bigwhammys post affects your heart THEN MAYBE IT IS DIRECTED AT YOU ...if you are comfortable with your way of life and your walk with God or not ...then it is not DIRECTED at you and you should just ignore his post and move on ...or say ..well that is not how I believe etc etc ....satan is the accuser of the brethren and all your doing now is allowing satan to use you to accuse just like your SAYING BIGWHAMMY IS DOING .
YOUR JUST AS GUILTY as what your accusing him of doing ..So see it for what it is ...

The guilty parties are always the ones yelling the loudest ...are they not ?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First of all it is a fallacy that school prayer was banned. I knew people that prayed at school on up into the early 1990's. Recently my neighbor's grandchild told me she prayed before her tests every time (2008). Prayer in silence is allowed as long as it does not disrupt others.

What was removed and fought against was an assembly led prayer over the whole school. Many times as my own father (Christian) has said during those times that when this prayer was uttered over the loudspeaker nobody really paid it much attention as it was not personal and just words. Some students of other beliefs left the assembly.

During the early 1990's there were enacted silent moments over issues. This gave each person a small time to address the issue in themselves through whichever belief system or non belief. The Christians prayed, the Atheist pondered the issue, I a Taoist considered how this new information fit into balance. One of my friends asked his ancestors to intervene on the issue (his belief).

If homosexuality is in fact the cause of God's wrath perhaps it is time for him to come down from his throne and elaborate instead of raging against the machine since the beginning of humans because gays have been seen in history forever. Again I hear the tripe about being homosexual only having to do with the "sexual urge" it is much deeper than that. There have been studies that link the reactions of pheromones in gays as being similar to that of females.

Nevertheless when one stays partnered with someone 10, 20, 30. 40 years or longer it isn't sexual attraction that bonds them as when they look at each other over time and see wrinkled old bodies but, still feel love I think something is deeper than simple sexual attraction.

You seem to insinuate gays being around as being coming from Atheist type backgrounds. This is not the case as the majority are/were Christians and came from those homes as this is the majority beliefs as evidenced by polls stating that around 82% of the US are Christian. I live in what is deemed "The Bible Belt". You won't see many gays out in the open but, if you look deeper in the area you will see many men that married out of duty to family and to fit in.

I've personally seen people beat themselves up about being gay, calling on God to remove it but, it does not work. I know friends that have been kidnapped by their own family and sent to sexual re-education centers to attempt to force the gay from them and it didn't work or they hid being gay, got married and cheated with men. Some have severe personality disorders after the experience and have to acquire psychiatric treatment later in life.

A beautiful same sex story can even be seen in the bible:

The story of David and Jonathan has been the real story about gays that has been suppressed. I can put the whole story up but, for the sake of my time I will put up a few verses.

1 Samuel 18:1-4

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

And why was King Saul so adamant on killing David? It was because he had subverted the crown by having an affair with his son (The King To Be).

1 Samuel 20:30- Saul's words against his son.
“You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness? For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, neither you nor your kingdom shall be established.”

David proclaims his love for Jonathan surpassed the love for women

there is much more, read about it yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Simplynoone

Your truth rings simply as your opinion. Same with the OP.

Just because you believe something does not make it truth.

Your right ....and I give you a star because at least you did not send accusations with your opinion ...

We can say the same ...just because you dont believe does not mean that it is not true ..........

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When you guys can get at least as worked up about people cheating on their spouses (or any other sin for that matter) as they are about homosexuality, maybe we'll have a little more tolerance with your tirades. Have you in any way spend the same amount of pondering, arguing about and "research" (
) over murderers, adulterers, thieves, con artists, and so on? Go ahead. Be honest with yourself. Or is it simply that you have your knife it for homosexual males?

A wise man once said this to me:

I'll start expecting perfection from others as soon as I'm able to deliver it.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

The POINT that Bigwhammy was getting at is that GOD is being KICKED OUT OF OUR SOCIETY ..and is being replaced with (ADD WHATEVER HERE) ..

Do you really think a CREATOR GOD is going to take that lightly ?

As far as David goes ..now your grasping at straws ...nowhere does a BROTHERLY LOVE for someone equal a HOMOSEXUAL UNION ...there is nothing in the scriptures that even HINT that David was wanting him sexually or with lustful desires ....In case you did not read very much about David ..He was in LOVE with a WOMEN so much that he aided in her husbands death REMEMBER ? ..or are you implying that he was BISEXUAL ?.......

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here in Canada, back in 67, future PM P.E. Trudeau relaxed many laws including homosexuality stating that, "The state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation."

www.cbc.ca...

I believe this to be true. If that is the case, that the gov't shouldn't meddle in peoples personal lives, why should the individual?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
One thing I have noticed about the homosexuals is that in their culture they are not victimized for being Christian. They seem to be some of the most accepting people out there. Whacko Christians (readers do not interpret this as anti Christian please, I am referring to the OP and consider myself a Christian) then come along and portray the homosexual as being the root of all evil, or the wrath of God. Having grown up believing that we are all equal, and should be accepted for our differences as long as we do no harm to others, I am going to go ahead and side with the gay people. Step into their shoes for a second. Pretend that you were the minority, and that people said you were the wrath of God, or evil, based on your Christian beliefs. Really think about it, take a few minutes. Accept those with differing opinions unless they do harm to others. There was a time that Christians were persecuted, was that fair?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaspode
When you guys can get at least as worked up about people cheating on their spouses (or any other sin for that matter) as they are about homosexuality, maybe we'll have a little more tolerance with your tirades. Have you in any way spend the same amount of pondering, arguing about and "research" (
) over murderers, adulterers, thieves, con artists, and so on? Go ahead. Be honest with yourself. Or is it simply that you have your knife it for homosexual males?

A wise man once said this to me:

I'll start expecting perfection from others as soon as I'm able to deliver it.

Oh my gosh ..yall do not even read the posts ..you just start flying off at the handle about ONE WORD you saw in his posts ...
HE MENTIONED MORE THAN THAT ONE WORD (homosexuals) and SO DID I >

In fact I said lust isnt all just a sexual thing ..
It covers many things .....
Items,money,coveting anything ...fulfilling any LUST OF THE FLESH ...
ALL OF THOSE ARE LUST ,....

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
In fact I said lust isnt all just a sexual thing ..
It covers many things .....
Items,money,coveting anything ...fulfilling any LUST OF THE FLESH ...
ALL OF THOSE ARE LUST ,....

Lust? So you are saying being gay is merely a sexual thing?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by toochaos4u

The POINT that Bigwhammy was getting at is that GOD is being KICKED OUT OF OUR SOCIETY ..and is being replaced with (ADD WHATEVER HERE) ..

Do you really think a CREATOR GOD is going to take that lightly ?

As far as David goes ..now your grasping at straws ...nowhere does a BROTHERLY LOVE for someone equal a HOMOSEXUAL UNION ...there is nothing in the scriptures that even HINT that David was wanting him sexually or with lustful desires ....In case you did not read very much about David ..He was in LOVE with a WOMEN so much that he aided in her husbands death REMEMBER ? ..or are you implying that he was BISEXUAL ?.......

Brotherly love is stripping down and embracing? In later versions the embracing was even replaced with "shaking hands" to hide that a man took off his clothes and embraced another. Read the verses without previous teaching blinders. When Saul even gave his daughter over to David he did not want to marry her. Saul insisted specifying that this would make him his son in law twice. David only married one of Saul's daughters and never proclaimed love to her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join