It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Talking about Gods...

I do like your signature..

"signature
I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the chaos and destruction I bring with me is another matter."

And I'm the one living in the Dark Ages ... lol

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
Watch the video.... time it.... and you will understand what i'm talking about.

I've watched the video many times now. If you are referring to Andy Bartlett 's footage, the object on the right is a plane. He said so himself. He was filming planes at the time, which is why we have this footage.
If you 'd taken the time to read through the previous posts on this thread, you'd know that...

No comments about the images... no ??

What images?

No comments about the search for the "meteor".

No, why should there be?

No comments about the Chopper video ?? And the Crashing site ??

What video? How am I supposed to comment on a video that as far as I know only exists in your head?

What crashing site? We do not even know for sure that anything survived!

No comments about desinfo about the location of the crashing site ??

I have yet to see any evidence of disinfo...

This is a big cover up...... and that's what I believe....

If that wasn't so they would realice the images from the chopper....

They didn't... they changed the report and you will not find any images from that chopper.

What are they covering up and why? What makes you so sure the meteor was filmed from the chopper? Show us some evidence of a cover up or stop wasting everyone's time...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The extremely bright light could indicate that it was a stony meteorite with large amounts of magnesium, which when burns is incredibly bright , if you ever had those little flashing fireworks. those are made of a tiny amount of magnesium, which is a rare and expensive metal.

also after seeing the video, I am convinced this is not a UFO it is indeed a rare and impressive meteor, or if there is an impact, meteorite.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by oatie]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
To me it looked like the break up of the Star Ship Enterprise.

Very interesting.
Indeed.

Though I admit is it awesome have a lot of video of this event, I do think people are getting in a tissy over nothing. This happens a lot and has happened a lot. 1970 something I believe, a huge one during daylight went across the sky. The Russian one happened but caused some damage their. AS stated before, the one in Africa someplace.

People need to look up a little more and they would be amazed at all the weird stuff above them.

Pure Awesomeness.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Those vids mean squat.

The first is a well known clip of a missile test going wrong in New Mexico.

The second is another case I have heard of before, that has nothing to do with this case. So the head of security at an airport saw something which was obviously a meteor, and misidentified it... so what?

Since when does being the "head of security at an airport" make someone qualified to tell the difference between a UFO and a meteor? Why would he be any better at identifying meteors than a cook that works in an airport... or a baggage handler, etc...

If anything, what it shows is that people are good at misidentifying meteors...

It's actually quite common for people to misidentify celestial phenomena, even experienced observers fall foul occasionally.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

I did post images... and the video but...

If you don't know what video... what images... what chopper etc....

I'm not the one that is gona tell you. You would still not understand what I'm talking about.

Look for it..... or not.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oatie
The extremely bright light could indicate that it was a stony meteorite with large amounts of magnesium, which when burns is incredibly bright

It could, but it doesn't...

(Edit to add: OK, I'll concede - magnesium is certainly one element detected in meteor spectra, but it certainly doesn't make up a significant percentage of the weight of any meteorites)

I explained what makes the bright light a few posts back. Anything large enough traveling through the atmosphere at more than about 8 km/s will appear to glow extremely bright, but this is mostly due to the air glowing, not the material itself burning.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

"The first is a well known clip of a missile test going wrong in New Mexico."

yes that was a Missil.... yessss it was

"The second is another case I have heard of before, that has nothing to do with this case. So the head of security at an airport saw something which was obviously a meteor, and misidentified it... so what?"

Obviously

"Since when does being the "head of security at an airport" make someone qualified to tell the difference between a UFO and a meteor? Why would he be any better at identifying meteors than a cook that works in an airport... or a baggage handler, etc..."

Yep... People are stupied.. all of them... they just don't know what they see... all meteors... Obviously. If he was a Scientist.. he was lying ... publicity .. Obviously again.

"If anything, what it shows is that people are good at misidentifying meteors..."

Obviously

Everything is so Obvious.....

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The 10.14.08 prediction came a little late. But if anybody believes that was a meteor you'll believe anything, I'm not a scientist but meteor I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm not the one that is gona tell you. You would still not understand what I'm talking about.

Look for it..... or not.

OK, I found the images and a video you posted earlier. What you don't seem to grasp is that the "crash site" covers 100's of square miles.

The meteor could be in chunks laying on the ground, or it might be fine dust for all we know.

Meteors like this one don't necessarily leave craters, in fact craters are extremely rare, and it's more than likely that one was not produced!

Is there anything else you still don't understand?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Everything is so Obvious.....

Actually, yes, it is...

If you take the time to learn about these things, and you spend time watching the sky.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Look for it..... or not.

OK, I found the images and a video you posted earlier. What you don't seem to grasp is that the "crash site" covers 100's of square miles.

The meteor could be in chunks laying on the ground, or it might be fine dust for all we know.

Meteors like this one don't necessarily leave craters, in fact craters are extremely rare, and it's more than likely that one was not produced!

Is there anything else you still don't understand?

Assuming it was a Meteor Obviously.

What Kind of meteor do you think this is ???

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Funny ... the footage is of different dates in the same vid ....

could be anything ....

[edit on 11/22/2008 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

People running across a bridge with flaming torches
What kind of a meteor did YOU think it was?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyT

If you look at my earlier post on the page before this you should note I saw the same thing in Sacramento this past tuesday...these are popping up everywhere...it's very bizarre. This is such a long thread I'm not sure everyone is understanding that this sort of thing his happening in so many different areas.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
So anyways all my family thinks im crazy cause for the past week and a half I've seen 3 shooting stars who go from white to green and dissapear all in the same place every time

I live in Phoenix Arizona.

Another odd thing is one of which actually went downards then upwards into a fade of green....

I thought i was going crazy until i watched this video.

Tell your family, that you're not crazy. I and many others have seen the same things you describe. It sounds like you saw some Leonids. It's not unusual for sucessive meteors to appear in the same part of the sky. I've caught it on camera numerous times now.

Also, before a meteor brightens enough, you can not detect color in it. Our eyes can not detect color below a certain threshold. Leonids always start out green in color (as do many other meteors including Perseids) :

link

The one you thought you saw going down and then up, was most probably two meteors, close together - meteors can't change direction. How fast or slow was this "one" compared to the others that were green?

The "fade of green" is what we usually call a "wake" or a "short-lived train". Sometimes these can persist for many minutes. in which case they are known as "persistent trains", not surprisingly

The Taurids, which are still active right now can also produce some nice trains. Here are a couple of recent examples:
feraj.narod.ru...

If you have not got it already, you'll need the following codec to view the videos: 3iv2

It can be found here: www.afreecodec.com...
or here: www.3ivx.com...

Just for good measure, I've uploaded a couple more examples here: www.sendspace.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Exactly like Zorgon said, it's not a meteor, it's a stunt.

Here's a compilation of real meteors:
uk.youtube.com...

Also, check out my previous post (just above) to Psychonaughty for some more meteor footage.

Don't listen to everyone on youtube - there are lots of people who don't know what real meteors look like, or what they can sometimes look like.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ginatomic

It's not bizarre at all, it's normal for this time of year.

As Phage posted earlier:

Several thousand meteors of fireball magnitude occur in the Earth's atmosphere each day. The vast majority of these, however, occur over the oceans and uninhabited regions, and a good many are masked by daylight. Those that occur at night also stand little chance of being detected due to the relatively low numbers of persons out to notice them. Additionally, the brighter the fireball, the more rare is the event. As a general thumbrule, there are only about 1/3 as many fireballs present for each successively brighter magnitude class, following an exponential decrease. Experienced observers can expect to see only about 1 fireball of magnitude -6 or better for every 200 hours of meteor observing, while a fireball of magnitude -4 can be expected about once every 20 hours or so.

Source

I suggest you do a little reading:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I LOVE the one going through the clouds