It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing Of The Guard 'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location Alan Keyes laws

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The sad reality is the hard right simply refuses to give in... its trying to discredit the man anyway they can... if this bullhooey isn't nipped in the bud soon it will become his Whitewater.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MAINTAL

Fastcheck? HA HA HA haven't you heard? No one buys their disinformation anymore. You may as well had Obama himself write that article. Regardless of your efforts to assist in Barry's perjury, I STILL WANT THE VAULT BIRTH CERTIFICATE and NOTHING ELSE will SUFFICE Nor should it.

Then they obviously haven't double checked the information.

Dual citizenship.
A person who, upon the attainment of the age of twenty-one years, is a citizen of Kenya and also a citizen of some country other than Kenya shall, subject to subsection (7), cease to be a citizen of Kenya upon the specified date unless he has renounced his citizenship of that other country, taken the oath of allegiance and, in the case of a person who was born outside Kenya. made and registered such declaration of his intentions concerning residence as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament....

A citizen of Kenya shall, subject to subsection (7). cease to be such a citizen if....having attained the age of twenty-one years. hc otherwise acquires the citizenship of some country other than Kenya and has not. by the specified date. renounced his citizenship of that other country, taken the oath of allegiance and made and registered such declaration of his intentions concerning residence as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.....

Interpretation.
"the British Nationality Act, 1948" means the Act of that title enacted by the Parliament of the United Kingdom;
"British protected person" means a person who is a British protected person for the purposes of the British Nationality Act, 1948; and
"the Minister" means the Minister who is for the time being responsible for matters relating to citizenship of Kenya.

kenya.rcbowen.com...

And you can want away,you won't ever get to see the real thing.You will see pictures and have to take another's word for it.But only from someone you like,right.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The sad reality is the hard right simply refuses to give in... its trying to discredit the man anyway they can... if this bullhooey isn't nipped in the bud soon it will become his Whitewater.

This has nothing to do with hard right or hard left it has everything to do with the law.

All Obama has to do is produce the vault certificate - this is not difficult, and will cause this all to go away.

You are the one showing your bias by not acknowledging this is reasonable request. In fact this post suggests you are scared he has lied to you, and you do not want to deal with that possibility. A reasonable non partisan response is simple - yes he should produce the vault certificate since he is required to prove he is a natural citizen.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Here is the determination Zindo referred to:

Amendment 20 (1933)

Section 3. ...... If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

What is unclear to me is what is meant by "act as President until a President shall have qualified"??????

Lord forbid!! Does that mean we would get Pelosi? I can see it now;
the terrorist wouldn't waste their time with us, they'd be too busy laughing!!!

[edit on 16-11-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

My you read a lot into other people's posts telling them what they are thinking or afraid of.

the state of Hawaii has already said his birth certificate is legit.

Besides that Obama's mother is a natural U.S. citizen so regardless of his father or where he was born he is an American citizen... PERIOD!!!

What is so hard to understand about that?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My fingers are crossed -

...that this man had the intelligence and the integrity to not be a party
to misinformation / omission of this magnitude.

We could not allow him to take office if he wasn't originally mindful enough to realize what kind of effect this would have on the country and the world -

This would be the ultimate in terrible beginnings.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I don't know if it is as simple as that. I mean, I know he was President of the Harvard Law review. Being such, I'm SURE he knew the potential for this to become an issue.

That being said, I'm sure that he also understands that his eligibility, if it were pushed far enough, would be subject to Supreme Court Judicial Interpretation. Knowing that, he would have every vested interest in trying to avoid this situation all together, like he is doing now because like I said earlier, even the rumor of the "right" trying to take away his Presidency would spill over into the streets immediately.

It doesn't imply anything of his intentions whether they be illformed or not. In actuality, it is sorta' sad that this HAS become an issue. I mean, if this thing isn't resolved quickly, it has the potential to put our entire society between a rock and a hard place, so to speak.

This could quickly become the ULTIMATE devisive wedge.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I had thought this to be so much nonsense, but as time goes on I've got to wonder; why won't he simply provide the Birth Certificate and end this? What possible reason could he have for not providing it other than there is a problem of some sort? I'm starting to think there is something to this other than Partisan mudslinging.

In the same position, I would flood the media with copies and invite them to view it and confirm it. I'm afraid if he does not do this soon, the number of people thinking something is wrong will grow quickly.

Could it be that he discovered a problem only when this issue came up and he does not know how to deal with it? There has got to be reason he is still not showing his full Birth Certificate.

On the other side of this coin is the fact that the RNC has not made an issue of this. That says the opposite to me. It says that this is a red herring or they would be all over it. This is indeed becoming a mystery.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

That is true unless the RNC doesn't want a social * storm brewing. Obama was swept into power with the full knowledge of his handlers that this issue could be made to potentially cripple society.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If this was the plan to keep Bush in power all along I am incredibly impressed.

Its the most brilliant and evil plan in political history. Its like a bad story line from a comic book.

Hawaii has said there is a BC but hasnt said whats on it? Correct? I'm sorry this is just to huge of a problem to just go away. Obama has to respond to this. If he doesn't I have to think he is hiding something. Don't forget he is supposed to work for us.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think Alan Keyes is an absolutely brilliant man. Too bad he didn't get the nomination.

Back when Obama ran against Keyes for Illinois senate their were several debates between the two of them. One debate was on Christianity and Keyes literally rendered Obama speechless. One of the best debates I have ever seen.

If Keyes brought this suit, which I believe he did, It will not be long before MSM picks this up. The guy is very credible.

here is the link for video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Wouldn't there need to be a run off? Like how some states require their senatorial candidate to gain at least 50% of the vote or face having a post election run off?

I mean, both McCain AND Biden could make an equally baseless claim to the position. Neither of them were elected. I don't know though, I don't think this has ever happened, has it?

Technically, the President and VP haven't yet been officially selected.

The President and VP will be elected by the Electoral college in December (I believe it's the 15th - I'll see if I can find the official date for this year). Believe it or not, the President and VP are actually on separate voting tickets, when given to the Electorates. The Electorates will elect a President and a Vice President, separately. So, it's actually quite possible that Obama may not win and is actually possible for the VP to be elected and not the President; which will then be passed onto the House of Reps to decide (I believe, I'll have to do some online searching for confirmation and resources).

We voted for the Electorates, of our states, to represent us in this term's Presidential election. We didn't actually vote for the President. While most Electors will vote with their state's popular vote, they aren't legally required to do so. While, unpopular (no pun), they can still, and have, voted against their respective state's citizen vote.

Didn't the OP's article say something about a couple of California's electorates siding with Keyes and are and are actually requesting the official documents be provided before they cast their vote?

This could actually be one of the reasons we are hearing, and seeing, so much come out at this time. If this causes enough ruckus and attention, then it could potentially have an effect on the actual vote in December.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Thats entirely possible. I'm wondering if maybe he did not know himself until this issue came up during the campaign. He could have gone his whole life and not known easily. This may be the first time he has needed more than the partial document.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Very good response. Thanks. I was overlooking the obvious. It will be very interesting indeed to see if this becomes even more of an issue. If that is the case, I would have to levy a LOT of criticism on the right for this one. Especially if it comes to pass that he is legit.

Edit to add - Still yet, could you imagine the backlash if the electorate didn't side with the popular vote. That actually brings another thought to mind. He could be deliberately ignoring this issue knowing that if the electorate DIDN'T side with him, they'd have pandamonium in the streets. HAHA, if THAT is the case, he pulled the race card after all.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Very true. Furthermore, he could have gone his whole life KNOWING it, but figuring it wasn't that big of a deal because it is sorta' like a technicality. But the problem he and many others are realizing now is that this could potentially set a very dangerous precident.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL
Yeah well a lot of us in Chicago know what Barry Obama is and without going into detail Barry is nothing but a cog in the Chicago Daley Political Machine

Oh, heavens, why would you go into detail when you can just make a broad, baseless, damning comment like that and do the job, knowing that the gullible people will take you for your ominous words?

aint one of us lives in Chicago knows he is well connected and disrespected because of it.

His approval rating in Illinois is like 73%. Yeah, they hate him, all right.

Obama has used spurious means to advance his political carreer so much it makes Nixon look like a Choir boy

If that's true, why aren't people going after that to sully his name instead of this manufactured birth certificate jazz?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Thats entirely possible. I'm wondering if maybe he did not know himself until this issue came up during the campaign. He could have gone his whole life and not known easily. This may be the first time he has needed more than the partial document.

I've actually thought about this, and wondered if he does have a natural-born birth certificate and perhaps they (his people) are playing 'hard-to-get' for a strategical point.

Like, perhaps if he makes it seem like his birth certificate is questionable (by vaulting, not handing over, etc), this could keep the mainstream busy enough to not have them looking too close into other areas of his background.

For instance, if he does have some questionable background events, then he could keep everyone busy on his birth certificate, so they won't look too far into the other areas of his life. The 'lawyer' in him could be strategically delaying this discovery, at least until after Dec 15th. After that date, he'll be pretty much 'home free'. At least in the sense of actually being elected into office by the electors.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Edit to add - Still yet, could you imagine the backlash if the electorate didn't side with the popular vote. That actually brings another thought to mind. He could be deliberately ignoring this issue knowing that if the electorate DIDN'T side with him, they'd have pandamonium in the streets. HAHA, if THAT is the case, he pulled the race card after all.

Very interesting! Actually, it goes along with some of my comments on the previous post (after the post you cited). Edit: The post just above this one.

He's too smart to not have a back up plan, or to not have a plan B and actually played this out over and over in his own benefit.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Alan Keyes:

Religious fanatic.

Self-hating black man.

Carpetbagger who lost to Obama in the Illinois Senate race a few years back.
Wouldn't offer congratulations to the victor:

"I'm supposed to make a call that represents the congratulations toward the triumph of that which I believe ultimately stands for ... a culture evil enough to destroy the very soul and heart of my country? I cannot do this. And I will not make a false gesture,"

Homophobe who disowned his daughter for having the nerve to be a lesbian.
Threw her out of the house (was homeless)

Alan Keyes was and is a crackpot.
But that works around here.

Fevered brains throw off a lot of heat and it's roasting in this place

truthaboutkeyes.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

First off this is not cut an dry because the law at the time of his birth was
If only one parent was a U.S citizen at the time of birth, that parent must have resided in the united states for at least 10 years, at least 5 of which have to be after the age of 16.

Obama was born when she was 18. You can argue that is a stupid law or a technicality - but either way if he was born outside the US technically he is not a natural born citizen.

This is why he needs to prove he was born in Hawaii - because it does matter.

Besides even if he was determined to be eligible by the courts because of his mother or some other reason, don't you think it should be determined if our president would lie about something as simple as where they were born?

Since this is such an easy thing for him to prove you really should be asking yourself why he has not. Usually when there is smoke there is fire.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join