It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing 'Ghost Hunters' incident

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm seeing Grants hand in his coat for two of the three times.
I see the coat slighly pull back at the hood.
What was all that clicking noise going on?
I didn't get the impression Jason was annoyed.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here you all go .. this is Jasons reply on his blog to all the skeptics of the Live Halloween episode:

Friday, November 07, 2008

My statements on things caught on live show!
Current mood: blah

OK, so here it is.
I have been hearing from people claiming there are youtube videos and so forth claiming we faked it.
Well what ever, to each their own but this is my statements and thoughts!

1 The voice:
Now that voice was so loud I heard it come through my earpiece.
I have never heard a voice that loud on a case.
At the time we heard it I asked if it had come from inside the building or outside.
I asked that directly on live TV!!
If we were faking it then would I have asked?
At the reveal I even asked Lee if a boat could have said it over a megaphone.
The reason I was asking this was because there were Coast Guard and other private boats on the water trying to keep boats from coming ashore.
Common thing someone would say if certain people happen to be in a place they should not be in would be, " Your not supposed to be here!"

Production never used my question to Lee, but it was asked.

Lee stated he did not believe so.
So, before some of you out there accuse me of faking something at least know the facts and listen to what I said on the live show, and now you know I was and still am looking for an explanation for it.

Also, I have been doing this for almost 20 years, why would I destroy that now!
If we ever faked anything and got caught SCIFI would cancel the show instantly, why chance that, especially on a LIVE SHOW?
Scifi and GH are not that important to me to destroy myself in a field that I love to be in, and Scifi would never pressure us into anything like that, nor would we ever anyhow. So those who blame Scifi, do not. They have always been 100% honest and true.

2 Grant's jacket tug!
People come up with the weirdest claims about this, I have heard all these.
1 There was a fishing line running down his jacket
2 There was a remote control that I was using to pull down his jacket
3 Grant was fidgeting with his right hand and was pulling a string
4 Grant's hand was in his pocket working some mechanism.
5 Grant's jacket tugged one last time after I checked it and patted him on the back.

Here is my responses:
1 Fishing line running down his jacket?
I checked his jacket, I even opened it up to try in show everyone at home.
There were two wires Grant had on him, one was his audio cable so everyone could hear him. That ran down his t-shirt in the front of his cloths.
He also had an IFB cable that fed up to his ear. This cable allows Grant to hear our Executive Producer in case there is an issue. This cable ran inside his sweater and up to his left ear I believe. This cable did run down his back, but inside of his cloths, it would have effected his sweater and everything else.
Also the jacket pulled in at outward motion, not a downward motion.
Also a heat signature came off the jacket when it was pulled. I have seen the footage zoomed in and it is strange.

2 A remote control?
Huh? Are you serious?

3 Grant fidgeting.
We were on an Island that was 10 to 15* colder then on the main land.
People put their hands in their pockets or near their side when their hands are cold.
If someone wants to assume he did it for a certain reason then no amount of explanation is going to change their thoughts.

4 Grant working some mechanism.
Same answer as 3

5 Grant's jacket tugged another time after I patted him on back.
No argument there, I saw it happen in the video when looking at the evidence.
I have no explanation, could have been the same thing he was experiencing happening again, or maybe something catching.
Either way he did not fake anything.
I can honestly say I have known Grant for a LONG time, spent 16 hours a day with him in the plumbing field and the paranormal field.
He has never and would never fake any evidence.
Like I said, there will be those out there who will believe what they want to believe, so be it.
All I can do it state my thoughts and feelings.
What the people who claim Grant faked stuff decide to believe is up to them.

Jason's Blog

I have watched the show since season 1. I just dont think they would risk their reputation at this stage of the game by faking it..

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

I tend to agree that it is Grant pulling this stuff.
Taps breaking up would be a bummer but if Jason kept on going and kicked Grant out for fakery then it would probably boost ratings.

" Next, on ghost hunters.
Grant, you're fired!
What the fadge! "

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the discussion thread from the Ghost Hunters Forums. Some folks are saying that Grant faked it. They get confused and call him Jason. Some ask why Grant didn’t’ take off his jacket and show that nothing was hooked up, etc. Many say it was just cold and it didn’t look like Grant faked it. But it is an issue at the forum. You have to skip through the chatter of the first bunch of pages. It’s all excitement and blah blah blah about how fun it’s going to be ..

Here is some what Grant posted on his myspace blog about the supernatural parts of the live event....

3. The Voice - The voice was incredible. I was egging an entity on and it responded. It is a time tested technique. I haven't heard it how you guys heard it yet, I only heard it with my own ears and through our digital recorder. Some are saying it sounded really clear, and others are saying it sounded digitized. I have no idea how it came to your TV sets through all that crazy equipment they had there, but to me it sounded like he was within 10 feet of me. Jay was further away, and he wasn't sure where it came from. The cameraman heard it too.

5. The Jacket Pull - This was an amazing paranormal event for me. Some people said that they think I faked it. I have absolutely no idea how I could have faked that. No clue. How could I make my jacket pull out? And why did it change temperature on the thermal when it was pulled out? Some people say that my hands were in my pocket, whatever that implies. My hands are often in my pockets, especially when it is freezing cold. Seriously, watch any episode. BUT, my hands were not in my pockets when this happened. I honestly thought I had snagged on something.

So, those are the points I would like to share. I had a great time despite the technical issues. People ALWAYS think we are faking stuff, and that is fine. To each their own. We LOVE it when people try explain away the paranormal claims. That is exactly what we are trying to do. But to explain it away by saying we are faking it, is just lame. A natural reaction, and one to be expected, but still lame. None of you really know us personally. If you did, then you would know how impossible that is.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ
Here you all go .. this is Jasons reply

FUNNY! I just went fishing for Grants reply and to see what people were saying on the Ghost Hunter forums! Great minds and all ...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

LOL isnt that always the way?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've gone back to the link and looked again and again. Each time he claims it happens he's got his hand in his pocket. It looks unnatural the way he is acting.
He're is the kicker. Go to the end of that clip where Jason has just made a show of checking grants hood and pats him on the back. Immediately afterward and before Grant says "There we go" the back of his collar bends down again just like before but no response from Grant. He has something rigged up in there and that time wasn't intentional.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

They are far from scientific. Far. Far, far, far. They had bleedin' demonologists on the show, for crying out loud. Many members of their crew talk about orbs as if they are something other than particles/insects/etc. They don't operate in controlled environments, and they make all kinds of guesses about what their instruments are picking up. They base their operations on 'theories' that 'some say' are accurate. They don't know what they are doing. They have no evidence.

And a video isn't evidence of anything other than that video existing.

They are a joke.

What talk of orbs they do on the show is mainly debunking 95% of them as the dust and insects you made mention of, the few 'authentic' orbs they do speak of were referred to only as energy and not evidence of paranormal activity.

Funny I don't remember the demonoligists that they had on gushing any blood... I myself didn't like the demonoligist twins either but that has nothing to do with whether or not the evidence is genuine... I also don't remember the demonologists pretending to channel any spirits or do any other silliness of that sort...

The TAPS team often second guesses the findings their instruments put out, you will see them tracking EMF spikes back to the source (and only assuming its paranormal if they cannot find a normal source). The TAPS team may not be a crack squad of certified scientists but they are naturally skeptical, good intentioned, and are the best at what they do (for now, since science continues to shun the paranormal)...

Mainstream science believes in Dark Matter and Dark energy, neither have been verified or video taped.

Video tapes are commonly submitted as evidence in court...

Unexplained EMF data and EVPs don't count either?

Maybe someday you'll have an unexplained experience, an encounter with the paranormal, will you tell that ghost that he isn't real, even if you catch him on tape?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just watched it a few more times, and it's just not natural the way Grant or Jason acts. Grant's right hand never leaves his pocket area once even though he's being 'dragged' back three times?

Jason doesn't even seem to wanna know the first couple of times, and keeps walking away and directing his attention to the opposite way. Also he just sort of stares at Grant a couple of times,as if to say what the hell, people aren't gonna be fooled by this crap.

Also from the same programme, have you heard the 'ghost' voices. The clips are on Youtube and again, Jason just walks off as far from the camera and Grant as he can, when Grant asks did you hear that? etc.

If you watch the whole show there's so many odd moments (not in a paranormal sense) Grant is obviously faking, dunno if Jason was in on it but he acts as though he doesn't wanna be there.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"I personally believe that the GH crew is nothing but honest"

There have been way too many incidences and occurrences in their finds , both caught on tape/EVP/Thermal, that allows me to "Know" that there is no "Hoaxing" in their shows.
Seems that there has to be some of us that can't even accept the evidences put right in front of us, thus falling short of the ATS motto.
I had watched the live Broadcast on Halloween, and "Yes" I did question the position of his hand, but on closer inspection of what his hand was doing, it looked as if he had an EVP device or EMG device in his hand, nothing more.
For all the shows they produce for us the viewers, we should acknowledge them for the professionals they are, without GH on Sci-Fi, Wednesday nights would be unbearable with all the dribble on the tube. And the are extremely scrutinizing to the places and things they experience in every different situation.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I love the show, gives me something to do wed. night. But come on people do you honestly think that sci-fi would put on a six or so hour show on without making sure something happened. I not saying that the Taps team is faking anything. It could just be sci-fi. And yes I have noticed several time on other episodes wher j looks at grant like he use to look at brian knowing that nothing was going on. It would be foolish to believe every thing they show is real, it's still entertainment after all. But of all the shows covering the paranormol i give them the most credit because for the most part they are out to totally debunk the situation.Also, if you are using scientifiv equipment doesnt it mean you are using science in your research.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I just watched the vid a few times and it looks staged. Not only does grant have his hand in his pocket, before each incident he flips his collar up. Jason is in on it too, because he inspects the collar at one point, and then leaves it up.

now that I look at the acting, it seems fake too. If I had someone tugging at my jacket, I would be a little more interested, gh or not.

You hit it right there. I love the show, watch every episode. I just do not buy it. They get so excited about really simplistic things like shadows and anomolous lights and EMF readings but then when someone gets grabbed or beds get unmade, it is casual. "oh yeah, we see ghosts grab people all the time, it happens." "Holy crap, did you hear that bang!!!???!?!?!?!?!"

They are just not at all consistent. They talk about all this crap they have experienced in the past but then over react to a curious thud and casually brush off tables being thrown around.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I was once a huge GH fan and waited to watch it every week. It was my favorite show. Then I read some information and watched videos breaking down the hoaxes on the show and that made me lose all of my interest. The video of the ghost running down the jail cell hall was fake, there was a very good video breaking down the way they set up the hoax. Also the covers moving in the hotel was nothing more than good editing that most people would never notice watching it on TV.

It's also pretty easy to see that they are grabbing for raitings any way they can now. Each week it is some paranormal experience more outlandish than the last.

Sad to say it but GH is almost as bad as that show Paranormal State on A&E when it comes to being a show that has authentic footage and info on paranormal phenoms.

<< 1  2   >>

join