It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing 'Ghost Hunters' incident

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I love this program! While I don't rule out hoaxing, I have a feeling these guys are the real deal.
A friend of mine laughs at me for even
considering it. He says: "If it's TV, they'll do anything and everything for ratings."
Anyhoo...check this out. Something invisible grabs Grant by his coat hood and gives it a tug! Not once, not twice, but thrice!
You be the judge:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
thats not the best one i just saw a lighthouse one the other day and they have footage of something appearing like a shadow of a head looking down on them through the staircase it appears once then appears a few floors higher up i think that this show has some real proof that there is definatlly something else out there

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dean007

Ah yes! The one you're talking about is still my all-time favorite!
The lighthouse in Florida with the ghost zipping around the spiral staircase.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Ah yes, the taps crew. Good show. I have to say probably one of my favouite moments on the show was when there was four of them in a haunted hotel room and 1 of the guys sat down at a pedestal table to sort out his camera and the whole table jumps.

When the sound guy got hit in the face with his own gear.

Or the sprinting shadow that ran at the camera and in an instant darted 180' without so much as slowing down.

Or even when they were talking to one of the Manson Family victims.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Good footage. But I think the lighthouse was the best.
The second best was when they went out west.
They were in a place called 'the bird cage' or something ...
that was great too.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love watching Ghost Hunters and I've seen a lot of things on the show that I can't explain.

I'm really starting to get suspicious about Grant though. In the video of his jacket getting pulled, have you noticed that every time it gets pulled it's right after he slips his hand in his right pocket? At the same time the voice on that episode was right near Grant, the one that said, "You don't belong here." and that sounded way too much like a mechanical device.

I may be wrong. I'm sure they are doing their best to keep the show on the up and up. I'm still getting really suspicious about Grant though.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I absolutely love this show and watch it every week.

What got me the most about the tug on Grant's jacket was that it happened 3 times and every time was caught on camera. Thermal picked it up as well.

On a side note: I am starting to get into Ghost Adventures on Travel channel.....Good stuff!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonamousantichrist
I absolutely love this show and watch it every week.

What got me the most about the tug on Grant's jacket was that it happened 3 times and every time was caught on camera. Thermal picked it up as well.

On a side note: I am starting to get into Ghost Adventures on Travel channel.....Good stuff!

And i think that if you look at the nightvision screen when it happens the first time, you can actually see his collar crumple as if it is being grabbed.
Maybe Im being duped but i thought this lot were above trickery, unlike the most haunted lot.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've only just started watchin the TAPS team but I do like what i've seen so far, they do seem genuine in their research - unlike the Most Haunted team as stated in an above thread. That program now seems almost 100% staged, and it rubs me up the wrong way as it just mocks serious paranormal investigation. I'm glad Derek Acorah got exposed as a con though, so somethin good came out of it at least

Any chance someone could post the link to the lighthouse footage mentioned on this thread? Sounds fascinating!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew grant was a liar!!!!!! I have been saying on this board for over a year that I thought Grant wasn't entirely truthful and you have posted the proof!!!

Watch his hands as the "invisible hand" tugs down the back of his jacket. EVERY TIME, just before it happens, his right hand goes under his jacket but above his belt. The second time his jacket is tugged you can actually see his right reach under his jacket and pull on something, that pull exactly coincides with his jacket moving by "ghostly hands".

Watch the second tug over and over again while paying attention to his right hand. He has a a string or something under his jacket that he is tugging on in order to make his jacket move, it is as plain as day.

[off topic] I started to suspect him when stuff started happening only to him. He used this same trick only attached the string to his blanket in the haunted hotel where the ghost supposedly uncovered his feet. I am convinced the makers of the show know he is faking and edit it out because at the hotel, the image was obviously cropped to zoom in on only the feet area and they never showed the uncropped footage. [/off topc]

-----------------EDIT---------------------------

MrWumpy beat me to it. Darn you to heck Wumpy.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I havent seen the birdcage one! that is awesome. I have been there I would love to see that.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I couldn't explain that one either, but it seems you have made a good catch.

Anyone have a clip of it?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have had that experience in my flat. What is great is that they actually documented it being pulled three times. I think that is fantastic.

I am a huge UK fan of the show and love the series. GHI is all right, but I really like watching the original with Jason and Grant. Keep up the good work and I hope they keep the series going for some time to come.

I wish we could see the live series here in the UK, either live, or pre-recorded on the internet.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Son of a!!!
I am a big G.H. fan. I was reviewing this clip and getting excited when I noticed something. It is not getting pulled back but down! Grant has his right hand out of sight the first time but the second, he's got his hand up under his coat and seems to be pulling on something.
I'm starting to think Grant is pulling down on something that is attached to the inside of his collar. Look at the way they are acting. This is staged so that we see the collar go down and think it is being pulled but if it was beng grabbed it would go back not down. Look at the second time. It goes down as Grants right hand is under his coat and pulls down and to the right !
Damn.... damndamn! It's a fake !

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I figured. I have seen a lot of shows on the history channel lately at the clever tricks priests and religous leaders over the years to convince people something is real. And some are just so simple but very convincing. And they have been doing this for thousands of years.

I guess fishing line isn't going to show up on camera.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Man .. you guys are seriously bumming me out!
I never thought Grant would fake something.
Brian? Yep. But Grant?

I'll have to take another look at the footage.
I thought it looked okay.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew grant was a liar!!!!!! I have been saying on this board for over a year that I thought Grant wasn't entirely truthful and you have posted the proof!!!

Watch his hands as the "invisible hand" tugs down the back of his jacket. EVERY TIME, just before it happens, his right hand goes under his jacket but above his belt. The second time his jacket is tugged you can actually see his right reach under his jacket and pull on something, that pull exactly coincides with his jacket moving by "ghostly hands".

Watch the second tug over and over again while paying attention to his right hand. He has a a string or something under his jacket that he is tugging on in order to make his jacket move, it is as plain as day.

[off topic] I started to suspect him when stuff started happening only to him. He used this same trick only attached the string to his blanket in the haunted hotel where the ghost supposedly uncovered his feet. I am convinced the makers of the show know he is faking and edit it out because at the hotel, the image was obviously cropped to zoom in on only the feet area and they never showed the uncropped footage. [/off topc]

-----------------EDIT---------------------------

MrWumpy beat me to it. Darn you to heck Wumpy.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by Tiloke]

Ya I loved the show but like you said a lot of things happen to grant and never no one else. About the time I really started getting frustrated was when they were in the ship and found the made up bed crumpled up and then one of them realize the camera was tampered with. Right there I knew it was one of the cast members on the show screwing with stuff. The only one I trust is Jason just because he refuses to call a place haunted and is very skeptical about things unless it's something like the light house.

They just need to get rid of grant even for one season to see what all happens or doesn't happen.

Then you have to ask if Sci-Fi also has a hand in it. The first couple seasons were awesome but then things just started to become too coincidental.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I just watched the vid a few times and it looks staged. Not only does grant have his hand in his pocket, before each incident he flips his collar up. Jason is in on it too, because he inspects the collar at one point, and then leaves it up.

now that I look at the acting, it seems fake too. If I had someone tugging at my jacket, I would be a little more interested, gh or not.

And this thread is not the only ones to realize this, there are accusations all over youtube. These days it is not smart to pull stunts on tv, this is enough to bring them down.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious

Originally posted by Tiloke

Not really off topic. Grant was next to the moving lamp at the plantation in Lousiana. He was the last one in the moving chair. He was at the "moving table" in the hotel in Colorado.

I'm very disappointed.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

I gotta admit as much as I love this show, this looked a little staged.

<<   2  3 >>

join