It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babylon to Zion - What is Christianity... pagan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As far as i can see The hebrews (or certain elements) presented a watered down faith to the barbaric westerners on the back of the Roman empire. Morphed their OT tales of the Books of Moses, a few letters from Paul and four carefully selected gospels, and criminalised the other 30 odd gospels from being read and systematically murdered followers of any other Christian ethos other than the one they wanted to present.

ASTROLOGY
The bible when i read it has lots of astrological references in its layers yet the bible says we have not to dabble in astrology?

JESUS AND JOHN
Jesus was born on the winter solstice
John the Baptist was born on the summer solstice
exactly six months apart?

THE RESSURECTION
I also have read that Jesus was ressurected on the 3rd day
Just like the sun in our sky which stops falling for two days on the winter solstice (the shortest day) and then on the 3rd day rises.

ON THE MOUNT
The bread is the food of thought (intellegence derived from the process of making bread from wheat
The fishes are astrological signs (The sign which represents the age of pisces in the processional wheel - approx 200 years)

LAST SUPPER
The characters in the last supper are personified representations of the zodiacal signs and Jesus is the sun.
The water bearer who told where the last supper would be taking place is the symbolic representation of the sign of Aquarius (and men did not carry water in biblical times, the women did all the house work).

These are a few points to chat about
What are your views
Maybe some of you can shed some light

Son of John

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, I have read many articles and a few books that have implied exactly what you are saying. I'm not 1000 percent sold on the idea, but I do think it has some merit...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of John
As far as i can see The hebrews (or certain elements) presented a watered down faith to the barbaric westerners on the back of the Roman empire. Morphed their OT tales of the Books of Moses, a few letters from Paul and four carefully selected gospels, and criminalised the other 30 odd gospels from being read and systematically murdered followers of any other Christian ethos other than the one they wanted to present.

Son of John

My guess is they ommitted what they didn't understand and if they didn't understand it's because they didn't really experience him. Lack of knowing is the root of all the debates.

I like your name by the way.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Jesus was not born on the winter solstice. It was set at that date hundreds of years after the death of Christ to accommodate the pagans in the roman empire, just as the Sabbath day was changed to SUNday to accommodate the sun worshipers. Nowhere does it say in the Bible Christ was born at this time, it actually hints at the warmer months, since shepherds were in the field at night on the day of his birth

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
speaker of truth
Well, I have read many articles and a few books that have implied exactly what you are saying. I'm not 1000 percent sold on the idea, but I do think it has some merit...
my reply
oh yes there is plenty of literature about and you can see it in the classical fine art of the Renaissance period especially. there are so many paintings within christian art which is in the exact style in poses of greek heros and the sort that it makes you think. maybe the italian period artist like angelo, di vinci were trying to subtley including this for a reason, to maybe keep the info alive in the painting, i know it sounds a little unlikely but there is some merit in this also. no and it wasnt di vinci code which got me on to this, ive been studying regularly since 2002.
may peace travel by your side
Motto: Fide sed cui vide: "Trust, but mind whom you trust”.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
myrtales instinct
My guess is they ommitted what they didn't understand and if they didn't understand it's because they didn't really experience him. Lack of knowing is the root of all the debates.

I like your name by the way.

maybe, its a sensible suggestion and fits hand in glove, or maybe they were manipulated.
"to know" is the redeemer but youve got to live it to feel it.
david, son of john is my full title and thank you, simple is always effective i find

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
annonymous
Jesus was not born on the winter solstice. It was set at that date hundreds of years after the death of Christ to accommodate the pagans in the roman empire, just as the Sabbath day was changed to SUNday to accommodate the sun worshipers. Nowhere does it say in the Bible Christ was born at this time, it actually hints at the warmer months, since shepherds were in the field at night on the day of his birth

yeh i heard that one in my study and had to have a think about it so i looked at the weather in this area, well winter in the middle east aint like the winter we have and on the lowlands its cold at night but its cold at night in the summer, depends on what the wind brings in alot of the time, and it dont mention snow or freezing of the jordan/nile/euthrates in the good book so it wasnt freezing.
also these peoples roots were nomadic and so were there habits, they were survivers. they stopped and slept with the sheep to protect them from theives and wolves and the sort, like the story of king david states.
so i would use these initial points to explain how my statement still could be the case and still be in december, but i also agree it could be that they have moved the dates to fit in with the pagan faith of the time for an easy transission. something to think about.
lets consider your point that they moved the date. this leaves the same question i have been considering which is "how much of the convienient literature been changed to siute and if so how reliable is the book".
happy hunting

join