It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone making me feel guilty for NOT liking our new president (elect)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The guy isn't even inaugurated yet so what the hell do you want to see him do?
Jeez--- you people whine for nothing whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

Presidents in corporate and hidden agendas are a danger to this nation and its citizens.

We have seen that already throughout the years.

But the biggest danger is not so much the figure of the president but the powers that govern behind that president.

Powers that corrupt the people's government and that steer that people's government to make decisions against the people.

The biggest challenge our nation faced was when we got or own government giving away the Treasury department to a private entity like the Federal reserve.

Guess what that would have been the melting point for a civil unrests in this nation.

But . . .nothing happen

So trust me, nobody is going to go into a civil war because we have a new president that may not be what many wanted.

But the powers behind our government do.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You see, the beauty of this country is that you can hate (although it's a strong word but you say you have your reasons) anyone you choose. You are not obliged to give Obama a chance.

However, let me explain my progression as it pertains to Bush. You see, I supported him wholeheartedly for 5 years. Then he invaded Iraq even though they didn't threaten us or invade us. So, with that and my own investigations and experiences, I began to hate his policies within the world. I began to question his authority and his abilities. You see, he PROVED to me through his actions that he was a bad president and a bad human being.

So, I gave him a chance and he proved me wrong. Being the type of person that I am, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt up front. I allow them to lose my trust (even if I don't give it fully up front) or allow them to earn it to a point where I am loyal. It's their choices, their actions that will make up my mind.

Even though you have made up your mind, I believe that for the sake of the survival of this nation, that you should at least lower your feelings from 'hatred' to that of mistrust. Just for now. If he proves, through his actions, to justify your hatred then it won't be much of a leap for you.

That way you won't make yourself sick like I have in hating the actions of our current president over the past 3 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

You are so right is not funny I also got myself sick with hatred toward The Bush administration and for what?

For nothing, when a government is in agendas they will do as they wish and screw the people.

Then I became angry with my fellow Americans for no standing against the doings of our government and for what?

for nothing, because I was also part of the problem.

So now, I am just going to sit back, point out to the wrong of our government, new and old and just keep on living.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh noes! the dreaded "You haven't been here long enough" snobbery trick. Really? Do you REALLY have to bring that lame excuse in here to try and make me feel bad? or feel inferior? Should I bow down to your great being-here-longer-ness? Look lady, I may have been in ATS only since March, but trust me, conspiracy theories have been MY LIFE ever since I can remember! so trust me, I know quite a bit. Trust me, I BELONG here!

As for the rest of your comment. Showing support for your preffered candidate is fine. Showing bitter criticism (as opposed to constructive criticisms) and insulting people, calling them bigots, racists, even so far as affiliating them with the opposing party (though they've made clear they're not) etc. etc. to anyone that, like us, have LEGITIMATE concerns and questions over a candidate IS NOT! That is my point!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Question]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Before I put my 2 cents in- I need to make a couple items known. First off, I think both candidates are crooks, plain and simple. I am also not a bible thumping jackass with delusions of self grandeur, or of end of the world schemes.

But in the back of my mind- a little voice keeps hinting at 'The Beast'. And when that tiny little voice wont shut up, and it's a nagging thought right at the absolute back of my brain... I tend to listen. because the sucker's usually right.

If I am wrong, someone just mail me some nice happy pills. I'll go quietly to a nap. But... if I am right.............

So, if you're sitting there knowing you cant stand him, give the thought a good examination. There's a good valid reason why you don't like him, it's just buried.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A lot of the anti-Bush crowd went through the same thing in 2000. They were called sore losers and were basically told to leave the country if they didn't like it. In 2004 it was even worse, they were called unpatriotic, since not supporting the president was somehow not supporting the troops and aiding the terrorists.

It pretty much goes with the territory I guess no manner who wins.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well i would like to see him do something. I really haven't seen a reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hillary Clinton i disliked but with her i would have given her a shot. I have enough faith in her, she has a successful background.

but with Obama, i am worried he is leading a lot of people down the wrong path. a lot of people that do not even know it. he got the children. They don't know what is going on. Only a very small portion of the younger voters have a clue what they are voting for and Obama extorted that. They don't even know we are having a problem right now, or what the problem is. they are clueless! As long as they get their allowance, and their check from daddy in the mail to pay their rent they don't have any worries in the world so they are jsut looking something fun to fallow. A thrill. They want to feel like they are smart and political. and its an easy task to say, i want change and We can do it! thats all you have to know to fallow Obama! Change and YOU CAN DO IT!

i know this for a fact because i am young. I am 21. and i was on the Obama bandwagon until i took a step back and decided to really understand who i was voting for and why. I gave him his initial chance and i backed off. I will still support the guy if he comes out and starts doing some positive things, but i will still have my reasons to keep my eyes open when i sleep with this guy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Exactly, I can pull threads from back in 2004 in which we that didn't support bush were call this words.

Anti American, Unpatriotic, terrorist supporters

Then we were told like you said to move out of the US and go live in Canada

It happens all the time.

What people doesn't understand is that any government in this nation is fear game and what has been going on in our corrupted political system will be transfered to the new governments and the agendas will keep rolling

It doesn't matter if that government is Democrat of Republican they will do as the masters tell them to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You know that is going to be impossible for Obama to fix America today.

Any president that comes into the presidency with a mess like the one we have right now can only start putting in place the how to fix a nation, but that will take years no one year or two but many years.

And people tend to be impatience when things are not fixed right away.

Obama presidency can pretty much be short live as he can only promise a fix but is the ones behind the government the ones that do the true governing.

The only way you can measure how much the new Obama government is helping is by taking into account the laws that will be passed and what he will be signing into those laws.

Just keep track of that and then you can pretty much conclude if the government is helping the people.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You shouldn't feel guilty. You owe neither Obama nor his supporters anything. He does not deserve your respect or support. Those must be earned. Does he deserve the chance to do so? Certainly. On the other hand, do not be afraid to remember why you opposed him in the beginning, and if he does not meet your expectations or support what you believe, you shouldn't feel guilty about not supporting him. I certainly don't.

As you said, he has to prove himself to his detractors and to this point, he has done nothing to earn any more or less criticism than he was receiving in his campaign.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Before I put my 2 cents in- I need to make a couple items known. First off, I think both candidates are crooks, plain and simple. I am also not a bible thumping jackass with delusions of self grandeur, or of end of the world schemes.

But in the back of my mind- a little voice keeps hinting at 'The Beast'. And when that tiny little voice wont shut up, and it's a nagging thought right at the absolute back of my brain... I tend to listen. because the sucker's usually right.

If I am wrong, someone just mail me some nice happy pills. I'll go quietly to a nap. But... if I am right.............

So, if you're sitting there knowing you cant stand him, give the thought a good examination. There's a good valid reason why you don't like him, it's just buried.

You know Wyle Kat. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I never liked either candidate and I can honestly admit to you, that I didn't use to be very religious. In fact, I was a pretty heavy Atheist (courtesy of our higher education system). That being said however. I have always had a big fascination for predictions especially religious predictions. Though I can tell you that I've had that nagging voice since before the election, I've had it since probably 2001. I can't help but find myself wanting to go back to the bible and see if there are any correlations.

Wylekat, if you want to have an interesting read, take a look at this link:
benotdeceived.blogspot.com...

I was googling Babylon the Harlot just to find some interesting pics of Babylon, and I came across this site, which has some very VERY interesting points to make.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
DONT FEEL GUILTY!
He's another big $$$ puppet........first Bush to get the REPubs to side with them, and now Obama to get the Dems to side with them........the same card being played just the back/front side.................

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
Well i would like to see him do something. I really haven't seen a reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hillary Clinton i disliked but with her i would have given her a shot. I have enough faith in her, she has a successful background.

but with Obama, i am worried he is leading a lot of people down the wrong path. a lot of people that do not even know it. he got the children. They don't know what is going on. Only a very small portion of the younger voters have a clue what they are voting for and Obama extorted that. They don't even know we are having a problem right now, or what the problem is. they are clueless! As long as they get their allowance, and their check from daddy in the mail to pay their rent they don't have any worries in the world so they are jsut looking something fun to fallow. A thrill. They want to feel like they are smart and political. and its an easy task to say, i want change and We can do it! thats all you have to know to fallow Obama! Change and YOU CAN DO IT!

i know this for a fact because i am young. I am 21. and i was on the Obama bandwagon until i took a step back and decided to really understand who i was voting for and why. I gave him his initial chance and i backed off. I will still support the guy if he comes out and starts doing some positive things, but i will still have my reasons to keep my eyes open when i sleep with this guy.

This proves that all you can do is make outrageous generalization, belittle your fellow Americans, and think that everyone should only agree with you to consider themselves correct. Did it ever dawn on you [and your type] that people voted for the President because they actually read and agreed with his policies? Stop whining like a baby and do something for the world, or your country at-least.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
One thing with Obama to keep in mind. As far as the office of President goes he hasn't really done anything yet except appoint 1 cabinet member. He hasn't even been sworn in yet.

You, me or anyone else can have doubts about him. However, given that he isn't in office yet he hasn't had a chance to really do anything right or wrong. So, it really just boils down to how you feel about him vs how others feel at the moment.

Yup - there are those out in the world and here on ATS that will basically shout you down, insult you, etc if you express any doubts about the man for any reason.

Its like that line from "Cool Hand Luke" - "There are some people you just can't reach."

Maybe being against some of his policies will be more accepted once he's in for awhile.

In the meantime, yes, I've seen what you are talking about. Some will debate what they like vs. what you don't and respect your opinion. Others only want to hear veiws that agree with theirs.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by -zeropoint-
Did it ever dawn on you [and your type] that people voted for the President because they actually read and agreed with his policies? Stop whining like a baby and do something for the world, or your country at-least.

Actually the population that voted for Obama was majority poor, the unemployed and the ones suffering the most in what 8 years has done to our nations economy.

People vote for hope.

But I am a down to earth person and a realistic one.

Is going to take a lot of things that people doesn't want, to fix this nation's government and economy.

To fix the nation government and the economy we need a revolution and the people to do that because our system of government have been hijacked.

And that is no going to happen because we think is easier to appoint heroes like presidential candidates to do that for us.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

good post man, i feel the same. i think its funny how the press are so in love with obama all ready!!!!! your def not alone fellow human!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

You mean like these people here in Harlem?

Yeah, VERY informed bunch....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
it's because obama being president stands for what a lot of this site stands for. it's about revolution and the fact that a simple man can make it that far.

why does that count for more than when previous presidents were elected after being farmers? you're right it doesn't it's stupid. but the point is people recognize an upheavel when they see one, and this "appears" to be one.

i would never vote for either of those AHs in a million years, no one with a brain would. i just saw a lady on tv saying " i voted for mc cain but i didn't vote because of race, i made a philosophical decision based on the TWO candidates."

and she was the "wise" person on the news interview. it's just sick, that lady was twice as old as i am and doesn't have a friggin clue.

You just summed up the liberals attitude quite nicely. Thank you.
If you don't agree with them you are an ignorant out of touch racists slob.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you're going into Pro-Obama threads trying to incite debates just for the mere reason you disagree with Pro-Obama users, then yeah you should be made to feel guilty for hating Obama. I'm sorry, but theres nothing that will get solved by trying to argue semantics of this man between each other on the internet, especially when most of the anti-Obama people lately only have "we're dead, he's the anti-christ, its all over" to say.

If its the opposite, what I just said goes the same the other way. And don't let it get to you, like others have said.

But let's seriously wait to see what he actually does in office before we throw him under the bus? That's the biggest mistake we could make, condemning this man before he even get inaugurated. I feel most of this aura of conspiracy is just left over from how utterly disastrous the Bush Administration was. Some people just can't trust the government no matter who's at head anymore. I came of age during 8 years of Bush's terms, that's something that I will always remember and take with me through he rest of my life. I know there are millions more in my generation across the world who feel the same.

Like I've said in other threads, in the modern political environment you have to play the game a bit. People you have to know. Statements that need to be said. JFK got the help of the mafia to get elected, how many threads do you think would there be on this website if that election was flipped with this election? I haven't put my entire faith in Obama but I've read enough about him to know we can't automatically condemn the guy. He knows what he's doing, and he's prepared himself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join