It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone making me feel guilty for NOT liking our new president (elect)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You are only "allowing" yourself to feel guilty, it has nothing to do with them, it is you that is feeling guilty, free yourself dear, stop "(allowing) someone else to dictate how you feel within. Go with it, be with it, allow you to be you. Unless of course, you are a murdering, raping, stealing, [SNIP] that doesn't give a [SNIP] about anything or anybody, then,you can go to, you know where. But I know you are not or you wouldn't have put this out here.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I can't stand the greasy, slick-talking, lying SOB! What a fraud, and what a stupid following he brought along for the show.

That's OK. While I'm pissed now, his devoted followers will soon match me as the wheels fall of his wagon of promises.

We're in for one miserable two years. Minimum. And fortunately, it's going to be an all-Democrat show!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
I dont know how humble or genuine he is, i think a lot of that is due to his knowledge of how to speak. I can convince people i am a charming genuine guy. Its easy if you got the right technique.

Is it that his eloquence and intelligence intimidates you, or is it that his eloquence as a speaker is (as you seem to indicate) somewhat personally reminiscent of your own deviousness when attempting to charm others while in actuality being totally dishonest?

I'm not sure what you are saying here since you don't have any concrete reason to hate him laid out in this thread but nevertheless you don't have to like any of the Presidents dead or living. It isn't an obligation to love them and you certainly aren't alone on these boards.

I personally don't like or dislike him. He seems okay enough though and hasn't given me a reason to despise him or...God forbid...hate him. I don't feel that strongly about anyone and hope I never have to. I don't think anyone deserves the right to bring me to such a negative area.

I will wait and see how well he leads, and I do think he has potential to do a lot better than Bush, or his challenger McCain.

Meanwhile you just go on ahead disliking him, it won't make much difference at this point to him anyway I am sure.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I work in a predominately black lower income city on the AL/GA boarder. I am genuinely happy for the african-american community. They were positively glowing today. However, I heard not once not twice but three times that Obama was going to give everyone money today. I enjoy my job so I chose not to laugh or try to explain economics 101 to any of our customers. Only smiled and said that's nice, since I voted Libertarian I didn't have a dog in that fight. I did however attempt to explain to one of my Obamaphile co-workers that just giving away money would make prices to everything go up i.e. be inflationary. She didn't understand/care about that even after I explained that inflation is hardest on those on fixed incomes and public assistance(SS, welfare, pensions, food stamps, etc) and it's really a net loss because the money is spent and prices remain at inflated levels she didn't care, just wanted a check she didn't have to work for. I don't feel bad for not liking the fact that Obama is Prez-elect. I also don't advertise it. Neither do I feel bad for voting third party (deeply red state so i didn't have to sweat out that decision either).

One of the possible ironies to Obama's election is this. If things aren't brought under control fisically and soon, and the government chooses to hyper-inflate, Obama will not be remembered as the "first black President", but as the "last American President". Though I'm stil holding to my deflationary thesis, recent government actions along with a populist (possibly lefteist masquerading as a populist)President is not allowing me to rule out hyperinflationary circumstance during the first term of BHO. I challenge anyone here to name me one democratic government that has survived a hyper-inflationary event. Wiemar Germany and Argentina are the only two developed economies that suffered hyper-inflation I'm aware of.

To respond to the OP. Don't feel bad, but don't argue with those who are emotionally supporting BHO due to race, hatred of Bush, etc. Immerse yourself in why his policies are doomed to failure, and practice debating the issues with people who support BHO logically not with their hearts. Don't whine about losing, that's what Democrats do.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The only reason i feel guilty is because where i live. I live in Austin TX on UT. About 80% of the students here are Obama supporters. Maybe that doesnt help. haha theres no point in arguing my side hey just wont even acknowledge that i may have something half way correct to say.

But its jsut being named as uninformed and "stupid" for not fallowing him.

Its like fallowing a cult leader. i have the same feeling! imagine you feel that someone is not exactly honest, and everyone you know is saying, COME ON! ITS SO GREAT! and im thinking...No way. but they keep pressuring you. A part of ou wants to go with it, but my gut and my brains tell me...WOW hold on..Dont do it. its like drugs almost! You know its jsut going to waste your time, and maybe your going to get so into it to where you will always have that craving for it, you want to do it cause everyone else is, but you know its not really a wise idea.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I watched in sadness as the world started to get on the obama-train.

knowing full well that the whole thing was staged.

I watched in sheer horror as pretty much the whole freakin
earth celebrated the new...... Us President....

a world gone Mad... sucked right in to the whole game...

Bought it hook line and sinker.....

Change????

Ron Paul, Kicinich, or even Bob Bar ,,,,

the ones who really want change were swept
under the rug and all but forgotten .

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

i have valid reasons for disliking the guy i just don't want to rant on about it. Thats not really what this posting was about. I am very into economics and most of my reason for not choosing him is based on that.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Im not trying to argue with anyone about why or why they shouldnt like/dislike Obama.
But being from Silver Spring, MD. I live 1 block away from the NE DC. border I can tell you that this was the happiest day ever for a TON of people around here. Given this is a very black area,
But it was more a sense of relief,
The Idea that there might be a president that will talk to foreign countries and gain allies instead of alienating the rest of the world.
just a different train of thought, And I agree with a lot of people, what worse could happen than what is happening now? The economy is already dying... we will go nowehere on the path that we are on.
people are looking for some kind of relief and want to be able to walk by the white house on our daily routine and say...
if nothing else we tried...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

His health care plan is unrealistic. It will fall through much like the Clintons plan. If it does pass it will fail.

A) It's better than Hillary's and not as mandatory.
B) If everyone is allowed to pay in for one big plan it'll keep premiums low
C) I've read from many sources that since everyone would have insurance, those of us(including me) who already have there own insurance plans could see a $300 to as much as $900 drop yearly. Because there wouldn't be those outrageous bills for people that arn't covered by insurance, and thus they don't pay and have to go bankrupt. Leading in the end to higher insurance premiums FOR US ALL.

Obama's energy policy is weak. We need to drill on our own land. He may be for it now, but in the beginning he wasn't. Solar and Wind isn't the answer.

A) With the technological leaps being made in solar the last year alone it is now actually viable. There has been thinner, cheaper, more efficient technological leaps alone in the past year. Imagine if we gave those teams and others like it more money to get more people on it.Why else would my state, Florida, be making the nations biggest solar array. And what's stopping the country from doing it to the great deserts in the west.
B) T. Boone Pickens himself is advocating for Wind energy. He has some very interesting facts about if you care to view his website.
C) You're right Solar and Wind isn't the answer. Hydro electric, Nuclear, tide, thermal, Wind, Solar and Clean Coal are.
D) Another giant leap that'll help us get away from foreign nations oil reserves is www.tiftongazette.com... www.physorg.com... And since George Bush didn't find science I'm sure McCain would do the same. Whenever Obama talks about Medical reform he always mentions bringing the new tech to everywhere, because while it's expensive to install. It saves money over time.
E) Another reason why I believe in the 10 year moon shot for no foreign Oil. Not only would converting all of our gas stations to supporting Hydrogen distribution, be a great way to boost jobs(all the new construction). If there was a Manhattan project on Hydrogen powered cars, and it brought in the best scietists of Ford, GM, Chrysler and from around the U.S. I'm sure they could cut the 2012-2015 release dates of a consumer affordable hydrogen car. Not only that we could help our friends in Iceland get out of there economic crisis, for all that thermal energy they produces TONS of hydrogen.

I don't make 250K, but it is an issue. All because you make more money doesnt mean you should have to give a higher % of it away. In the end whoever makes more, pays more anyways. I can go into far more detail, but i'm taking it easy for now.

First I'll point you to this pie chart. img392.imageshack.us...
If you make more why not give more to the country that has given you so much. Especially since you can spare more money that someone like me that makes $18.25 an hour(Or 38k), plus benefits, Can't. And guess what I already work for the government (Tech department for the water District). And the Median wage IS 40k, I do believe. If I remember right, the tax policies in the 90's were good. Not only did the poor get richer... but so did the rich.

Also I was asking the OP, but since from his other topics. Since he believes Obama is the anti-christ, to actually believe there is one. I couldn't care less anymore.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Do what you want. I just want to know... do you seriously, in ALL honesty trust Palin to be President if something were to happen to McCain?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Feel free to dislike him. He's not my choice for President, either. All I ask of you, and myself, and the nearly half of America that voted for the other guys, is give the man a chance. There's time enough and plenty to decide to remove him in four years (actually less) time. Let's give him a bit of grace, shall we?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

i agree!!! my sentements exactly!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I completely agree with you. Having actually read his economics and social policies it makes me sick how people don't see what he is trying/ going to do once he is elected. I think the bulk of the votes he received were people voting for him because he is black. I'm not saying we shouldnt have a black president, but we shouldnt vote for a guy because hes black and completely disregard everything else that he has been saying.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Feel free to dislike him. He's not my choice for President, either. All I ask of you, and myself, and the nearly half of America that voted for the other guys, is give the man a chance. There's time enough and plenty to decide to remove him in four years (actually less) time. Let's give him a bit of grace, shall we?

this is exactly what i am talking about. I am not going to invest in the guy until he proves he is actually going to do anything. He is all talk right now. All elaborate speaking. Nothing to show me that i should fallow him until he messes up. i don't do that. thats how you get pulled into the cr@p whole too. As of now i think he is creepy! the way he talks about things, the way he wants to unite us and make us all super happy. i get that feeling i used to get when i was a child when i realized i was going to have to go stay at my really strict aunts house and i was going to be able to do nothing i wanted. andi knew it was coming and i knew it was going to really really blow!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Don't let anybody intimidate you in your opinions about any president

It is your constitutional right to talk about anything you don't like about your government, I do all the time.

The problem with many so call self appointed Patriots is that they believe that we should never disrespect the office of the President of the US but my constitution said that if I don't like who is in that office I can say so.

Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

To the OP: I know exactly what you're talking about. I was honestly surprised to see so many "Obamites" in this forum spewing their bitter (and in many cases Ignorant) vitriol against those of us that had legitimate concerns of Obama. All of a sudden we became Bigots, racists etc. etc. It's almost as if ATS had been taken by the MSM and all of their ilk had decided to come here and criticize us for making questions. Since when did us the conspiracy theorists all of a sudden became uprooted from our own forums and replaced by the drones?

Honestly, all of a sudden we can't criticize even in forums that are designated to criticize Obama because his cult followers will go there and knock us down, what the heck?

I've always supported our constitution and what it stands for, but man am I starting to wish ATS was more of a "conspiracy theorists only" club and all the Obama drones (as well as the McCain extremists, though they're not nearly at large as the Obama cult followers) can go somewhere else.

On another note. I find it incredibly funny and highly hyppocritical that, now that Obama won, we're hearing all this nonsense about unity and unifying the country etc. etc. by the left, and yet when Bush said the same thing (Note: I am NOT a Bush supporter, I just love pointing out people's hyppocricy) all of a sudden the left was up in arms and gave Bush the middle finger. So how exactly does that work for you guys? I swear it's like living in opposite land. So from my understanding, unless your guy wins, then it doesn't count? Funny how I hear all this B.S. about unity and trying to fix the country now, but when Bush was in office they didn't lift a finger to try and unify this country. I'm sorry boys, but it doesn't work that way! If you really mean and want to have unity, you can't just have it ONLY when your guys are in power. Now that you guys are in power all of a sudden you think everyone is going to rally around you? Sorry, but you'll just end up in the same cycle because now you'll have MANY bitter conservatives that took all of your B.S. insults and return the favor by going against you. Unity? Please, don't kid yourselves!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Question]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

I see that you have not been here for a long time, but I can tell you this much, the same way that now the Obama supporters are been very proud and happy about their candidate and president so the same was when Bush won the elections in 2004 and the same game that is been play with Obama bashers was play with Bush bashers.

Is nice to bash somebody else candidate but when the turns reverse is not so nice anymore.

But still you have the right to stand by your opinions and dislike any presidential appointee or president as you wish.

I do it all the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I can not believe you let them make you feel guilty!!!

Staged elections are not elections.

Take away media coverages over last two years and he is nobody!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This isnt the direction i wanted to go with this forum but i see a division coming. I think it will be the hard core Obama supporters being united and becoming in essence a force. And they will be influenced by Obama to Get the other people to be followers too.

It will almost be like Good vs Bad. The Obama people think they are good and that they want to spread the good word. They are very devoted to Obama. Almost to a freakish degree. And there are people like me who really oppose Obama, almost being pushed even further way by the people who blindly fallow him and try to suck me in. i see them and fear for myself that i do not become so blinded.

So me and people like me are being seen as...BAD. The ones who need to be converted. And we wont be saved unless we fallow him, and they wont be saved unless everyone is on board with him. Its like we should all love him and do what he asks unconditionally.

I think this view is only going to be strengthened. I heard Obama may try and use his very devoted and large following to maybe form anther party or create an agenda of his own. I heard this on a major news station.

I just dont want to go to civil war with these people! It might be heading this direction if this tension continues to build liek this.

Why do they care so much that i do not liek the guy?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join