It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone making me feel guilty for NOT liking our new president (elect)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
For all those Dr Who fans, remember the last 2 of season 3 where "The Master" another time lord but somewhat twisted, travels in time, turns future humans who left earth to find a new home into floating spheres who can kill.

He goes back to our time, and takes over using a cell phone subliminal wave using a satalite network he designed. this kind of post just adds to my believe that we can see them manuevering ideas with movies, tv, commercials, ads..even buildings and signs have I believe, communication codes of some kind.

this election was likely brought to you by "Misperceive our intentions so we can deceive you all inc." im not buying a thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
great post!!

seriously though, since when has disliking the puppet president, or future puppet president, on a conspiracy site been an issue?! i'm surprised at the huge amount of people i find here at ATS that follow mainstream sheepish thinking, whether it be political or religious...

why do people get upset so much when others prove that their government is corrupt, or lying about certain issues?! why is it so hard for some to fathom that our (mis)leaders, even though they've proven that they can't be trusted on many occasions through their actions in the past, aren't what they say they are?!

we all know the evil men do, so why can't people understand that the members steering our "corporation" are just as capable of being selfish and greedy as any other who's eaten from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil?...

the president, and his "marionette manipulators" are doomed - it's inevitable that the truth will one day surface!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostlandseller
This is odd! Since when am i not allowed to dislike our president. Everyone is just all over me when i say, I do NOT Like BARACK OBAMA.

I know this election has been so strangely different than past elections. People are so aggressive and passionate. But i don't like people saying i am ignorant and that i should feel ashamed because i do not love Barack Obama. i know WHY i do not like him and it is largely economically and character based.

I mean i just don't see a lot of reason to proclaim this guy our savior yet. he has no proven track record! he does not have a fool proof financial plan. I am not anti democrat, i actually like the alternation, it keeps things balanced. i feel like he has an almost dangerous amount of power with his oratory skills. he can influence people to a stunning degree. its impressive but only if used for good. and i don't exactly trust him YET. I just do not like the guy. But this isn't about why i do or don't like Obama.

Everyone says "Give him a chance before you hate him!" isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Let him prove himself then love him? Im pretty sure this is how the world works. You don't get married to someone then see if you like them.

I want to know why everyone is so insistent that i should love the guy RIGHT NOW and just love him until he messes up... and when i dont do this i am told i am a RACIST, greedy, uneducated, ignorant, word of mouth listener, media influenced, psycho catholic, fool...or any other of the sort. And i am none of the sort.

I should be able to not like Obama and not feel pressured or guilty. Am i a bad person because i don't? well people are sure trying their best to make me feel that way and its starting to creep me out.

I dont like America and why i must like it? But your democracy is a parody like ours, i realy dont understand if people realy belive in demokracy, did they even know what democracy is? American people are realy a brainwashed, if you not like them or their democracy or their president they tell you are a terrorist, you are against freedom etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

You have every right to be wrong... Just kidding... All kidding aside, you don't have to like him.

Among obama's supporters you probably find two groups:

1. A small group of people who feel that they are relatively good judges of character and that they "feel" that they can trust him based on what they believe to be his track record.

2. The mob.

This is true for every view point. A few intellectually honest people make their best effort to come to conclusions they believe in. They promote those views and then the rest of the mob just adopts them. Doesn't mean that they're all right, but they very much believe they are, which pretty much amounts to the same thing. It's all a big circular logic chain.

It is understandable that when two people with opposing views meet, it is not easy to "let the disagreement be" because, clearly, one side is more wrong than the other. Notice the subtle implication that there exists no side that is absolutely right or morally superior, but a relative difference can be found if both sides debate and are willing to consider new information.

But the reasonable way to approach such differences is not to judge the character of the other person. You have stated your reasons for not liking obama, and they are all subjective and personal, so nobody can tell you what to think, they are valid and personal views. Heck, even if your reasons were based on race, that viewpoint also has to be respected. How can I deny that the brown color of Obama probably served as a positive influencing factor for me? Or his healthy appearance? or his loud voice? or his body language and posture? Our brains are wired to account for those things no matter how much we like to pretend it isn't.

Could they be uninformed views? I don't know, maybe, that's what debating is for.

Therefore you have an intellectual obligation to seek reasonable debate to try to understand the other side and the roots of the difference. This also holds for the pro-Obama side.

Good luck, and hope time helps clarify your views and everyone elses.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am not an Obama fan either. I think he is the wrong choice for our country but the people have made a decision. I will not whine and complain about it like the dems have done ever since Al Gore lost in 2000.
I am taking a wait an see attitude and hopefully I will be presently surprised. It is does not help our country to remain divided. Like the McCain campaign said "Country First". I am putting the best interest of my country that I love first over my personal belief that Obama was the wrong choice. I will get behind him because there is no other choice at this time. It is important that both republican and democats work together to fix the problems we all face. God Bless America..

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

yeah, i don't go to pro Obama threads. its the people i run into around school, My friends who see that i don't like Obama when they ask me who i voted for. i dont exactly go around looking for fights on this type of thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This isnt the direction i wanted to go with this forum but i see a division coming. I think it will be the hard core Obama supporters being united and becoming in essence a force. And they will be influenced by Obama to Get the other people to be followers too.

It will almost be like Good vs Bad. The Obama people think they are good and that they want to spread the good word. They are very devoted to Obama. Almost to a freakish degree. And there are people like me who really oppose Obama, almost being pushed even further way by the people who blindly fallow him and try to suck me in. i see them and fear for myself that i do not become so blinded.

So me and people like me are being seen as...BAD. The ones who need to be converted. And we wont be saved unless we fallow him, and they wont be saved unless everyone is on board with him. Its like we should all love him and do what he asks unconditionally.

I think this view is only going to be strengthened. I heard Obama may try and use his very devoted and large following to maybe form anther party or create an agenda of his own. I heard this on a major news station.

I just dont want to go to civil war with these people! It might be heading this direction if this tension continues to build liek this.

Why do they care so much that i do not liek the guy?

YOU speak about every one making YOU feel guilty, but you have no problem belittling all of the people who voted and supported Obama. This was a democratic choice, no one was hypnotized and to be honest the best member of the Obama campaign was McCain and I think HE scared everyone into voting for Obama in the first place, there was no allure.

You say that democrats are blind, are mesmerized, etc, etc. But do you not find this a HUGE double standard that you are complaining that no one allows you to speak your mind and they say things to make YOU feel guilty, but you have no problem blasting every one and labelling them "cult followers", etc. YOU are basing your arguments on your emotions not the Obama supporters.

Seriously, what a stupid thread, there is nothing in here that has been said that hasn't been said before, I am getting De ja Vu on a regular basis here on ATS. If I was the owner of the site, now that the election is over, I would remove these stupid topics and sub forums.

Round and round we go

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

You have every right to be wrong... Just kidding... All kidding aside, you don't have to like him.

Among obama's supporters you probably find two groups:

1. A small group of people who feel that they are relatively good judges of character and that they "feel" that they can trust him based on what they believe to be his track record.

2. The mob.

This is true for every view point. A few intellectually honest people make their best effort to come to conclusions they believe in. They promote those views and then the rest of the mob just adopts them. Doesn't mean that they're all right, but they very much believe they are, which pretty much amounts to the same thing. It's all a big circular logic chain.

It is understandable that when two people with opposing views meet, it is not easy to "let the disagreement be" because, clearly, one side is more wrong than the other. Notice the subtle implication that there exists no side that is absolutely right or morally superior, but a relative difference can be found if both sides debate and are willing to consider new information.

But the reasonable way to approach such differences is not to judge the character of the other person. You have stated your reasons for not liking obama, and they are all subjective and personal, so nobody can tell you what to think, they are valid and personal views. Heck, even if your reasons were based on race, that viewpoint also has to be respected. How can I deny that the brown color of Obama probably served as a positive influencing factor for me? Or his healthy appearance? or his loud voice? or his body language and posture? Our brains are wired to account for those things no matter how much we like to pretend it isn't.

Could they be uninformed views? I don't know, maybe, that's what debating is for.

Therefore you have an intellectual obligation to seek reasonable debate to try to understand the other side and the roots of the difference. This also holds for the pro-Obama side.

Good luck, and hope time helps clarify your views and everyone elses.

-rrr

I completely disagree with your view.

I don't think there are 2 types of Obama supporters, you are just lumping them in to 2 categories because you lack the depth and insight into why people vote for Obama.

people who feel that they are relatively good judges of character and that they "feel" that they can trust him based on what they believe to be his track record.

Come down from your high horse, seriously.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Liberals who accuse you of being a bigot or whatever other name they use are just using the same tactic that evangelicals and some republicans used when accusing people who did not support Bush of being unpatriotic. The end message is the same: "support the partly line or we will turn against you and punish you".

Since the news is still fawning over how great it is that we have a black man as our president and liberals are quick to direct accusations of racism and bigotry towards those who are skeptical that he will be our nation's messiah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Obama will be immune to criticism on the grounds that he is black, judging by the way that it is his supporters that are obsessed about his race and not his detractors.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epinephrine
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Obama will be immune to criticism on the grounds that he is black

You'd be incorrect in this. I am an Obama supporter, and will be watching his actual performance - as opposed to the fears, assumptions or hopes about his performance - closely.

I fully expect to disagree with him on various issues, and that is one level of criticism. The other behavior I (and I know others) will be watching for is the flagrant corruption and incompetence we've been saddled with these last 8 years. If that starts showing up, I predict that Obama's support will disappear with impressive speed, whatever color he happens to be.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
By being a member of ATS, you should be sceptical, and I don´t think anyone with a brain would tell you otherwise. I´ve talked to alot of Obama fans (wich kinda remind me of religious fanatics... yep, creeps me out too), and most don´t really have a clue about him, other than the color of skin and that he don´t portray himself as a warmongering lunatic. "He will change stuff!"

But there is one thing that would pretty much show Obama´s true intentions.
Ask for a new 9/11 investigation. If he stonewalls that, you know he has sold his soul.

First post, officially ending the years of reading ATS, coming up with some points, but not really caring enough to register, since someone else will probably mention it.
Deny ignorance, and by not being an "Obama-mama", you certainly do...

Edit: joined a while back actually, just forgot so it doesn´t count

[edit on 6-11-2008 by BonesTruth]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BonesTruth
By being a member of ATS, you should be sceptical, and I don´t think anyone with a brain would tell you otherwise. I´ve talked to alot of Obama fans (wich kinda remind me of religious fanatics... yep, creeps me out too), and most don´t really have a clue about him, other than the color of skin and that he don´t portray himself as a warmongering lunatic. "He will change stuff!"

But there is one thing that would pretty much show Obama´s true intentions.
Ask for a new 9/11 investigation. If he stonewalls that, you know he has sold his soul.

First post, officially ending the years of reading ATS, coming up with some points, but not really caring enough to register, since someone else will probably mention it.
Deny ignorance, and by not being an "Obama-mama", you certainly do...

To answer your question about whether Obama will investigate 9/11, please see this link: www.salon.com...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by IceColdPro]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To be honest anyone who says they like/dislike him are making innadequate premature judgements. How can you like /dislike someone you know nothing about.

To judge him down the line according to whatever actions he chooses which impact our lives is another story.

Replying to this thread just clarified this for me. I had the same assumption that I didn't like him.

Now I know to clarify my judgments and rephrase it. I personally DON"T TRUST him or any other elected official who makes judgements that affect the outcome of my everyday life, under false, premeditated pretenses.

Then again, according to the way the world keeps going in a downward spiral, we can assume that he also is going to make bad judgments (all in the name of self empowering greed). If by some miraculous intervention of GOD, him/her self, let's give him a chance to disprove himself and then we can say we hate him.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
To be honest anyone who says they like/dislike him are making innadequate premature judgements. How can you like /dislike someone you know nothing about.

To judge him down the line according to whatever actions he chooses which impact our lives is another story.

Replying to this thread just clarified this for me. I had the same assumption that I didn't like him.

Now I know to clarify my judgments and rephrase it. I personally DON"T TRUST him or any other elected official who makes judgements that affect the outcome of my everyday life, under false, premeditated pretenses.

Then again, according to the way the world keeps going in a downward spiral, we can assume that he also is going to make bad judgments (all in the name of self empowering greed). If by some miraculous intervention of GOD, him/her self, let's give him a chance to disprove himself and then we can say we hate him.

I don't mind hearing opinion like this, what you are saying is fair, and no one says that you HAVE to like Obama. I commend you for being fair on your judgement.

I appreciate opinions and views that are like yours and I support Obama but I am starring your response for integrity, I just can't stand people who are ripping apart Obama supporters and labelling them as stupid "fans" or "hypnotised" and saying that they don't like him because he delivers good speeches (is that a bad thing? It's not like America doesn't need the motivation). These facts are simply not true and quite offensive.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Im not to fussed about any politician as I think they're all in the game for themselves, If Obama really wanted to make an impression , like all presidents , instead of just saying "God bless America" couldn't he have really said "God bless the World "?
All I'm gonna say to him if he ever reads this post is

"Make America proud AND make the World proud of America"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Only a very small portion of the younger voters have a clue what they are voting for and Obama extorted that. They don't even know we are having a problem right now, or what the problem is. they are clueless! As long as they get their allowance, and their check from daddy in the mail to pay their rent they don't have any worries in the world so they are jsut looking something fun to fallow. A thrill. They want to feel like they are smart and political. and its an easy task to say, i want change and We can do it! thats all you have to know to fallow Obama! Change and YOU CAN DO IT!

I think you are off here. The actual results, wish I could find them now so maybe I'm just spouting off, aren't much better than they were in the previous elections for youth voter turnout. I heard it was a bigger crowd but that it was something like 13% in previous elections and up only to 14.5% for this one. So there wasn't the 'expected' younger crowd turnout.

Anyways, government (all parties) have been trying to brainwash kids before they get to voting age for as long as government has existed my friend. That's how it is.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Listen, it doesn't matter what those people say. They are ignorant and in my opnion blinded. They think he is some kind of savior, please! You are right he has not proven ANYTHING! You are not racist because of that. Them judging you puts them right into the same catogory they are trying to put you into.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Has to do with people being "sinners" and all that. They hate to feel bad, so they use you as an excuse. Nothing new, just "pretend" to go along with the flow if you are concerned with other peoples whinging...or get and iPod and put in some death metal

Right? Idiots of the world unite to criticize others to try to feel "right"? Huh?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The reason people may bash you for saying such a thing is that most of the McCain supporters have not been as civil as you. I've heard many people already say we're damned to hell, this country is going to burn, Obama is going to take down the entire economy, Obama is a terrorist how could we elect him... and so on. So if you were always accustomed for people to talk about someone in such a way you also may always react the same although your not being as derogitory as the others. My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just find it absurd that so many Americans place all their faith in the future in one man. Back in the day when John Adams was President, it was a highly respected post, but nothing of the Messianic extent to which it is currently exemplified. Inauguration today is no less popular than some monarchical coronations. People cried when he got into office. All that tells us that is that of the desperate condition of American people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join