It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something strange in scotland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is only going to be short because its only a short story.
My gran dad who lived in Scotland since he was 11, anyway he goes back up to visit the highlands every year, one year he told me he was driving through the highlands and went through a shortcut up these hills, it was night time, he drove up the hill and he saw a very bright light in front, then he noticed 3 black helicopters, they was hovering over him then a jeep came up to him, a man got out and said this is a very private area please go back or you will be shot, anyway he went back that way i can't really say if he was lying or anything because when he told me that we was on about aliens and that.

has anyone heard of a base or something up the highlands of Scotland?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtaftm
This is only going to be short because its only a short story.
My gran dad who lived in Scotland since he was 11, anyway he goes back up to visit the highlands every year, one year he told me he was driving through the highlands and went through a shortcut up these hills, it was night time, he drove up the hill and he saw a very bright light in front, then he noticed 3 black helicopters, they was hovering over him then a jeep came up to him, a man got out and said this is a very private area please go back or you will be shot, anyway he went back that way i can't really say if he was lying or anything because when he told me that we was on about aliens and that.

has anyone heard of a base or something up the highlands of Scotland?

Ssssshhh!! Nothing of any importance happens up in that part of the woods.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

Actually, there are military bases all over Scotland, and the British Royal Family spend time here in the Highlands too...maybe he just stumbled across a security operation...it could be anything really, from security for the Royals, to survival exercises, to aliens...I suppose...we do have hotspots here, but not in the Highlands, as far as I know. *scratching head a bit...*

Cait

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by _Volt_

Actually, there are military bases all over Scotland, and the British Royal Family spend time here in the Highlands too...maybe he just stumbled across a security operation...it could be anything really, from security for the Royals, to survival exercises, to aliens...I suppose...we do have hotspots here, but not in the Highlands, as far as I know. *scratching head a bit...*

Cait

I know I have friends up in Scotland.
But other than that there is no Extra Terrestial activity which has been recorded. wink wink

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Can you tell us where he was in the highlands and when, There's been war games going on in the highlands from time to time and one in oct of this year.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i think he may have been pulling your leg, how would he know the helicopters were black if it was night time?

on the other hand it could have been some sort of MOD thing, without more detail it's hard to know. did he say where he was going or where he was coming from?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
he didn't really tell me the pacific place but he always goes to his birth place, near loch ness, ill try and get the home town for you. thank you for the replys

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _Volt_

yup....*winking back!*...when I saw the thread title, I though it was about me....ah well! It would be interesting to know where it was though.

Cait

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I used to live in Scotland (beautiful place) and where i used to live was a good hotspot i think it was called ayeshire or airshire not too sure anymore lol cant remember it was near the isle of Arran

which part of Scotland was your Grandad from or had this encounter

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
pieman i thought he was pulling my leg at first but he sounded to serious, ill ask more about the story.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i know the place began with G defiantly near Glasgow a dodgy place though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Glasgow's nowhere near Loch Ness. I am intrigued though, I'm going back to Scotland soon to take advantage of their wild camping laws, sounds just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Don't forget to post the location.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the place he was born was near the hills of Glasgow though he said he lived on the hills, near mother well or something that's as far as i can remember.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Glasgow's no where near the highlands, Are you sure he's not having you on, They both at diffrent side's of scotland, more or less!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ive never been Scotland, though i'm sure he was not that far away from Glasgow i will ring him now .

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If it was Glasgow then the nearest Loch is Loch Lomond, But thats not in the highlands, Maybe you have got muddled up?
And there's no hills in Motherwell.

Edit: I ment the nearest well known Loch.

[edit on 4/11/08 by freemindmine]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i think he may have been pulling your leg, how would he know the helicopters were black if it was night time?

on the other hand it could have been some sort of MOD thing, without more detail it's hard to know. did he say where he was going or where he was coming from?

if it is night time, then you shouldnt be able to see anything if it pitch black. But perhaps he heard the helicopters but couldnt see them. More likely, they had search lights, or some lighting so he could see the coulour.

DO you think that someone who is dressed in black trousers cant see their legs if they go out at night? Granted it maybe harder.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i just rang my grandad and he told me the place was on the way to his home town was, he said he was with my mum,grandma and my uncle christian, he said it was in the highlands he cant pin point the place but next time he goes up he will try and find the place again and let me know, just wondering has anyone know a major base in scotland like area 51?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
With out knowing where and when it was, its very hard to say anyting at all, Did he tell you his home town?
Did he tell you when?

As I said before Glasgow and the highlands are two diffrent things and Scotland's countryside goes on for miles and miles in the highlands.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
he said something like Loch Ewe or something i don't no really ill try and ask him more ill be posting my new thread on my dad its quite funny but strange.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join