It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you imagine first contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
After reading hundreds of posts about UFO’s I’m still confused as to what it will take to convince us one way or the other. We have some pretty good pictures official pictures from missions. Yet they are always viewed with scepticism, its okay I don't have a problem with that but will we continue in this endless loop of discovery and debunk for ever or will it all be over when they show up on our doorstep.

If they really do exist and they are trying to make contact I’m sure they are getting pretty p***** by now. Imagine if UFOs are wishing to be discovered they would likely try to show themselves to someone who appears in authority. They would need to contact someone who is not going to be spooked.

So what would they have do for first contact because it is up to them to initiate it ( I think). Anyhow they have a meeting and decide to let themselves be seen but no-one takes notice. Umm, okay now they decide to fly in formation in space where they know not just any old tom dick or harry will be flying. Unfortunately no-one takes notice. Or so we are told….. how do you imagine first contact.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well if they really wanted to make contact and be seen, then they would hover their space ships over every major city in the world, (how ever long that takes) in the middle of broad daylight for every one to see with their very own eyes. Then they would make an apearance saying " we come in peace"
Yea that might make people scared but what the heck, it'll shut up the skeptics very fast, and once in for all.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by 38181]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well I guess I imagined that they would be advanced thinking creatures that could have visited other civilisations previously. I suppose I was thinking that they may have made mistakes before and didn’t want to stuff up again. As a result they may have first contact guidelines and just dropping in and hovering above cities is a no no.

Making known in space or neutral territory I think would be most likely. Sending a smoke signal that says "we come in peace" is a bit trickier. That’s why I thought the formation flying would be a signalling clue.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
1. Peaceful psychic contact announcing the arrival.
2. Physical appearance of craft
3. Gifts of technology and medicine
4. Joy rides.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
Well if they really wanted to make contact and be seen, then they would hover their space ships over every major city in the world, (how ever long that takes) in the middle of broad daylight for every one to see with their very own eyes. Then they would make an apearance saying " we come in peace"
Yea that might make people scared but what the heck, it'll shut up the skeptics very fast, and once in for all.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by 38181]

i disagree, hovering big ships over major cities would be seen as VERY threatening and would surely provoke a milatary response. They must be smart enough to realise that violating sovereign airspace isnt a good thing!

They would probably interupt all radio/satellite signals and say we Hi, were here and we would like a chat. Then one ship would probably descend somewhere neutral, maybe over the middle of the atlantic ocean and maybe just stay there for 24 hours to show it has come in peace. Then we can helicopter in negotiators to talk and see whats what, have a cup of tea and some biccies with them and then job done!

All hail our new Ant overlords

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It’s so hard to imagine this from *their* standpoint as I’d just have to do so much presuming when it comes to *them*.
And you know the old joke about assuming - I’d really hate to make an ass out of me and them by doing so.

How I’d like to see it happen?
*They* choose a few stable, normal, run of the mill regular people from each culture - and contact them first.
Word of mouth passes in a less hysterical fashion than if they start hovering over major cities - (hovering is just not a good idea all around).

Anyway, word of mouth for the first few hours, then a few more people are contacted in each culture and a few more until it's picked up by media, officials, etc, and everyone knows.

You know what, when I write that out it all sounds like pure crudolla.

However it happens - if it’s presented to us by the Government - I’ll be the last person to believe it, even if I do get a *joy ride*
(Thank you Freakyty - that was a great one)

I dunno.

I just hope it happens and I get to *be there* to see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Umm, okay now they decide to fly in formation in space where they know not just any old tom dick or harry will be flying. Unfortunately no-one takes notice. Or so we are told….. how do you imagine first contact.

I sorta look at it like us owning a fish pond.
Some of those fish have seen us and talk about us but the majority of the fish laugh about it calling the other fish delusional, psychotic or looking for attention, they don’t have any hard evidence in their world of us. We are working around and even in the pond and watching over it on a daily basis but those fish still can’t yet comprehend us.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

First contact I assume we are talking mass introduction not an individual person

1 Peaceful yes
2 Hopefully looking a bit like us
3 New computers would be great
4 Wow - joy rides imagine that getting to zip round the moon and then back for lunch.

5 With any luck a way to stop famine

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am still of the belief that they would need to get people involved who are in essence explorers just like them. I reckon they will have to make first contact wherever the TV cameras are not. Space / Earth orbit is my No1 pick to-date but I shall think some more.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If we are being visited I don't think they need to contact us because they are obviously happy with things how they are. If we were to go to another planet and the life there was thousands of years behind us we would just leave well alone wouldn’t we. That being the case then its up to us to make the first move whatever that might be.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well I dunno about anyone else but Robbie has his own plans

clip
"The singer has the ancient Egyptian symbol the Eye of Horus - also known as the Udjat which represents the Cosmos and is a symbol protection from evil forces - etched onto the back of his neck."

link

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If the Aliens wanted to initiate contact with us , a mass fleet hanging over majr cities is a big no no , not only as stated in a previous response would it attract the attention of the military , it would also 'freak' out the populations they are trying to have contact with.

Most people of Earth are so 'acclimatised' to watching films portraying Aliens as flesh eating , face ripping and conquering the masses for farming or slave labour then the population would attack them even if asked / told not to.
If the Aliens were considerate to the masses of this sordid little berg then they would also know that any mass landings or even mass fly-bys would mean that more than a few thousand people would panic and commit suicide in fear. The Aliens should be compassionate and would not approach Earth in this manner.

I therefore would suggest that IF I were an Alien I would send one ship to the power hub of the World , either New York, Washington DC, London or Moscow, or actually thinking about it all those countries are the ones that seem to be fighting all the time. I would send one to Tokyo , the Japs are quite relaxed about 'foreigners' but the 'landing/fly-by would have to be done in Daylight so the masses there can take pictures/ videos etc.

Then as the ship hovers there for a few days let the news trickle down to the rest of the world via local media. And any country supressing the news ( as the Aliens would / should be monitoring the broadcasts) they should send a ship over the that country to force the issue, ( any attack should be dealt with by 'paralysing' said forces and not destroying anything). Come in peace and all that.

Then after a few days of dawdling and allowing for the news to filter down then broadcast on all radio/ tv frequencies " we come in peace" in all known languages, and if theyre 'pyschic' then we'd hear the message in our heads in our own primary language ( the one we all think to oursleves in).
then pop down to street level, and shake a few hands, kiss a few babies, stroke a few dogs, and then usher in a new peaceful era by allowing us to 'assimilate' technology that would help us but not kill or harm us. and not divulge any weapons technology no matter what we offer /demand.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well if i was an Ailen commanding a First Contact situation, i would jam all the radio/TV channels round the wolrd and broadcast a hello to people of planet Earth. And then i would send a spacecraft to land on the White House Lawn on Jan 20th just in time for Obama to swear in as President of USA! And so Obama would be making history yet again !!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If the ET’s wanted to make contact with the world it would happen in a second, they could telepathically speak to us all simultaneously and materialize their ships in the sky’s with a snap of the finger. They are not about a disclosure project and I honestly believe disclosure will never come for most, the ET’s have no intentions of letting the masses know about them, not necessarily because something sinister is taking place but because there are things that were just not supposed to know yet that would destroy our reality and illusion of this world and it would undoubtedly be difficult for many to go on with their normal daily lives interupting their spirtual growth and evolution.

Have you ever considered there is a higher unseen purpose as to why most of us have been left in the dark about what is really going on out there in the universe? I strongly believe we are supposed to be left with the blinders on at least most of us because this is why we are here and it’s part of our spiritual growth and progression. We need to be lost sheep in a world with no answers, we need to be the one’s to find our way home with free choice and on our own path through our own experiences of making right and wrong decisions. This is what progression is all about, life is not supposed to be perfect and we are supposed to experience both sides good and bad, pain and joy, happiness and sadness, love and hate, anger and compassion, this is all part of soul progression.

Listen to the whisper within your soul and turn to it for guidance, do whatever you want in life and whatever you feel is right. We all have our own path to follow and I believe all paths lead back to one place, it’s just a matter of some people taking a little longer than others. My experience with ET’s has been a lifelong life changing learning experience, proof was never what I was after but answers. Answers that have taken over 23yrs to finally receive. I have always had proof of ET’s and could have shared it with the world a long time ago but they would have stopped me so I guess I couldn’t. lol

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Contact has been going on for some time now. I tend to stay away from these threads but the tone here is of a curious one..and reasonable.

How many experiences do people need to hear before contact becomes plausible? Why would it take the landing of UFO's on the White House lawn for the world to realize that they are already here?

There are many members here including myself that have attempted to explain our experiences but instead find ourselves backing into the closet. I was surprised by the number of people that know of their existence in our little world once I became a memeber of that group.

Contact is not about subjugating the human race, it's about our own evolution, our dimensional and spiritual growth.

When your mind and heart are truley open and accepting of their presence then you'll see them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

I truthfully concur with your statement,

"there are things that were just not supposed to know yet that would destroy our reality and illusion of this world and it would undoubtedly be difficult for many to go on with their normal daily lives interrupting their spiritual growth and evolution."

I might add that every level of their existence, their environment, technology, & element of their being is indeed so revolutionary different from ours, they would have to physically alter our very reality in order for us to understand them to a translator's degree. Otherwise it would be impossible.

There are & have been far too many contacts made in the past that the average society simply can not accept the facts. And this will continue as status quo until an event of proportions that we can not imagine actually occurs.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic two

A star & flag for your actions! Very well thought out.

We keep hoping & wishing, prodding & shouting, but it sort of like waiting on a grandchild...when its ready, it will come. We simply have to continue to be vigilant, loyal & patient. In essence..."Don't give up the ship!"

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Reality is altered...just not on a mass basis. Their being here is not to prove anything or change anything, it is to simply maintain the umbilicous that has always existed between us and them.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Look at it this way.

Theres 4 groups of humans on a planet, blacks, whites, browns, yellows. Your the captain of an interplanetary craft that belongs to an advanced space faring civilization, and your race of beings is blue.

You look down on this planet and start doing some research into these funny little primitive beings that inhabit the surface and you notice that they all kill each other on a regular basis because of the color of there skin or because of the culture they belong to or because of the "gods" they pray too.

They do all these horrible things to each other over and over again because they believe that their way of doing things is superior to others ways. All the while not realizing (or accepting) the fact that all of there beliefs are just run off and off shoots of everyone else beliefs and that they are not all that dissimilar from one another.

And here you are, your blue, you come from a place that none of these beings know anything about you have much different views about the world and creating and the universe and supreme beings, you posses technology that is unfathomable and ways of thinking/being that would or could be precieved as being a threat to someones way of life or culture.

Would you want to introduce yourself to these people?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join