It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you imagine first contact?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't think there is going to be anything like we imagine as "first contact," because I'm not convinced these UFO things have anything to do with alien critters from other planets who exist in reality the same way we do.

Instead, I think we might slowly learn, a little bit at a time, that our conscious interaction with spacetime has certain aspects to it that sometimes allows things like UFOs to be perceived. We'll come to understand that they don't inhabit reality like us, although for brief periods they sometimes, partially, have the same kind of existence we do.

I'm not sure I can explain it much better without using even more vague terms like "dimensions," and stuff like that.

Basically, though, we exist in a particular way, as a particular combination of perception, consciousness, energy, and spacetime. They don't. So it's like asking when or how "magnetism" will make first contact with us.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

how do you know they are telepathic?. they may just be like us just more advanced, it will might just be something like a broadcast first radio / tv then a small craft landing in the majors powers front doors.

just think it might work out something like on mars attacks

Wee Made Mental

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't like the telepathy contact idea because I don't think telepathy is cross species compatible. Likewise I don't think they would know how to communicate across all RF spectrums. Sure they could jam all communications with quite some effort but that wouldn’t help if they couldn’t communicate via our systems. It’s a little like that stupid scene in the movie “Independence days” where we fly to their ship and give them a computer virus. So if they cannot communicate telepathically or by radio and perhaps they don't have speech then the first contact would have to be visually where and how I don't know.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There are two possible scenarios.

In the first scenario, you first have to assume three things. The first assumption is that these beings exist in the first place. The second is that these beings are benevolent. The third is, is they will have a way to disable all of our military hardware, knowing that some will use it against them out of fear and ignorance. Once you assume these things, I predict two groups will appear:

1) The religious zealots, with their pathetic, crushed, and obsolete faith as the fuel of their violent and angry fire, futilely attacking the beings; and
2) The people who are more curious and overwhelmed with emotion than anything, who will greet the visitors with equally open arms.

In the second scenario, you assume they exist, and you assume they are malevolent. And you can assume they disable our weaponry, but that doesn't matter, and I'll explain why below. If they are malevolent, you still have group one, but group two will turn to defense. And, I'm sorry to say, but if they have the ability to travel here from a long distance, then they have the ability to wipe us out relatively easily. It just goes hand in hand.

So the answer to your question depends on your answer to the age old "do you see the glass half empty, or half full?"

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

They are not about a disclosure project and I honestly believe disclosure will never come for most, the ET’s have no intentions of letting the masses know about them, not necessarily because something sinister is taking place but because there are things that were just not supposed to know yet that would destroy our reality and illusion of this world and it would undoubtedly be difficult for many to go on with their normal daily lives interupting their spirtual growth and evolution.

Malevolent_Aliens... Thanks for this, you know I like this paragraph you are probably on the money at this point in time. I asked the original question also thinking in our present time, perhaps it’s a little short sighted. If they exist then it’s possible that first contact will be quite some time into the future. It doesn’t change the OP except to alert others not to rule out the future. That’s got me thinking now!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hi Majestic...

Short and sweet on this one, they are here already and have been for over 500 000 yrs my friend, there will be no 1st contact as they are here and have been contacting for eons (i have been contacted so that would be 1st contact for me)

Raise your conscienceness to hear, see and feel their presence...believe me pls when i say this - they are here already :-)

Valorian

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hi Majestic...

Short and sweet on this one, they are here already and have been for over 500 000 yrs my friend, there will be no 1st contact as they are here and have been contacting for eons (i have been contacted so that would be 1st contact for me)

Raise your conscienceness to hear, see and feel their presence...believe me pls when i say this - they are here already :-)

Valorian
Your cause is noble and just, but flawed.

How do you know they have been here for 500,000 years? What resource did you get this from? Is it from some sort of revelation you had? Because if it is, that sure as hell is a personal truth, and you have every right to believe it, but personal truth is not absolute truth.

You can't just speak as if your personal truth is absolute, and not provide any empirical, credible proof.

Thats called hearsay, and hearsay is generally accepted to not be a valid form of evidence.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo13,

I can pretty much relate to virtually everything you said in your post and I nurse hope that there are many more people like you and DataWaith who said just how the first contact with ETs might be established.

I hope you do not mind my taking the liberty of quoting DataWaith -

"Then after a few days of dawdling and allowing for the news to filter down, then broadcast on all radio/tv frequencies `we come in peace` in all known languages, and if they are psychic then we'd hear the message in our heads in our own primary language (the one we all think to ourselves in)."

I uphold such views no matter how implausible they might come across. A case in point - a certain percentage of the Earth`s population is telepathic and most people with such abilities may have not tapped into that ability and are not even aware of it. That may be put down to the fact that some of us have extraterrestrial genes, however mind-boggling it may strike you.

There is no doubt in my mind, Silo13, that your wish to be around when benevolent ETs contact us will come true. People like you are an asset of this planet.

Some ETs have been visiting our planet for thousands of (Earthly) years, if not longer still. But, in my humble opinion, these inter-universal ETs are here as of late and are markedly different in terms of their agenda (they have come to some planets` rescue, among them our Earth).

Have you heard about the so-called Green Bank Formula (Carl Sagan, Frank Drake, Cocconi, Otto Struve, the Nobel Prize Laureate for Chemisty Melvin Calvin are but a few of many outstanding figures who attended the Green Bank Congress in 1961)?

The Green Bank Formula stipulates that there are at least 40 Et civilizations in our galaxy alone (according to conservative estimates, mind you).

Of late, the Earth has in all likelihood been visited by benevolent extraterrestial civilizations (alliances or con-federations whose members are not only different in terms of civilizations, planets, galaxies and even universes that they belong to and hail from, but also in terms of species and yet they have taken their differences in stride - so, we are not only talking about humanoids different than us homo-sapiens but also reptoids, aquatics, avians, insectoids, you name it, however mind-boggling it may strike you due to the fact that some of us are prone to play down the undeniable, if not superior, intelligence and relevance of other species).

The motive of some ETs to help us out can be put down to their benevolence, compassion and highly-advanced technology which can save our planet from ecological calamity not least by raising environmental consciousness.They are also here to prevent global conflicts with potentially destructive outcome for our planet and to help us control overpopulation (mitigate famine, poverty, rampant diseases in some parts of the world).

It is ordinary, intelligent, cosmopolitan, benevolent, sensible, open-minded people from around the globe that they are now probably counting on. We should not let them down for the sake of our planet, our solar system, our Milky Way. We should seize the day take them on the offer, and be upbeat.

>SNIP<

[Mod edit to remove personal info - email address]

[edit on 11/12/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
All; In just a few posts there is so much depth already – something for everyone to enjoy, thanks.

If there are so many of these visitors (born out by multi-shaped UFO sightings) I guess we don't have much choice in which of the species we get to make first contact with. I tend to think they are benevolent particularly if they have been around for so long, to think other than that would mean we have already been taken over in some way. I don't see where we have already been changed but my bet is someone will inform me.

Telepathy is a little far out in my mind for first contact although I take your point that our genes may have already been manipulated for that reason. It’s less likely that they would use our current communication it would be impossible to take over all RF channels on earth to do a multi broadcast. Not because they couldn’t achieve the transmissions but because our receivers would be overloaded not to mention all the various modulation differences.

If as some suggest they have been here for so long is it more likely they will never want to be known to the masses and keep contact with individuals only.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Go to 1:04... First Contact...

Trust me

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Not wanting to do a one liner all I can say is , its sort of funny. But Zorgon I know your work is much better than this I’m sure your next post will be full of mind boggling information of how you see first contact or indeed why it will never happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo I’m sure your next post will be full of mind boggling information of how you see first contact or indeed why it will never happen.

So your a content critic huh? Hmmmm

Mind boggling? Well lets see...

One of my team members Jack Arneson had an interesting experience years ago... 69-70ish

Here is an excerpt ...

Well....You probably have a pretty good idea about me by now, and I said: "C'mon Captain, we all saw that thing last night, and it wasn't any kind of aircraft we've ever seen. What was it...and who's"? We all were looking directly at him, then curiously, like something’s not right with this guy, like he didn't seem to be alive. Kind of a waxy face, almost plastic or mannequin like and strange light green color eyes and wearing black gloves in 95 degree heat in a full dress uniform with no name tag. And not sweating!

He said: "I don't know what you're talking about, now get back to your units"! After what we saw the night before and the crap from the AP's, I was getting pissed. And when I saw he wasn't armed, when everybody we saw was, I wanted answers. I still had my M-16 in my hands. I made a kind of threatening move by wrapping my hand around the grip and trigger and said point blank: "Why are you wearing black leather gloves in this heat and not sweating"?

He didn't answer. I clicked off the safety. It seemed like if you were a mile away, you would have heard that click. He twitched at this and looked at the weapon then me. He knew I wasn't impressed with his rank. Nobody moved. Like time stopped. It was uncannily quiet. He was about five feet in front of me. And I thought: "If he makes a move towards me, I'm going to cut him in half".

He took two slow steps backwards and turned to head back to his jeep. First, he would have jumped down my throat for not saying "Sir" if he was a Captain. Then I would have been standing before a court martial for handling a weapon in a threatening manner. Third, he started back to his jeep (with no driver) and no response.

I was going to stop him but the MS was really freaked out by this time and ran up to me and said: "Are you crazy? What are you doing"?

I protested and said: "Sarge, this guy's an impostor, can't you see that? Everybody else might be dead"!

He said: "You may be right but I'll find out what's going on when we get back. Don't take the chance of a court martial for threatening an officer"!

I remember say something like: "I already did that and if he's an officer, then I'm an alien"! The "Captain" heard that and turned back and looked at me with black eyes! It sent a shivering chill up my spine upon seeing this and said: "Did you see that? Look at him! His eyes are black now"!

I started to raise my weapon at him and tell him to stop and the MS got in front of me and said: "Stand down soldier, that's an order"!

Rest of his story is here...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Another high level contact of mine sent me an email... In the opening line of the email he says this...

Thanks, Ron. I got a kick out of reading your note! YES..MIB's do exist. Did you get a chance to read my story about the 'visitor' I met at MacDill? He had 2 sets of eyelids...honestly...reptilian! I about # my pants when I saw his eyes...never forget them!

MacDill is MacDill AFB. Along with the email was a 580 page report

In both cases the 'visitor' was wearing a Military uniform... OUR military and officer status...

So first contact? Hell they are already working with us
and have been for decades

Is that 'mind boggling' enough for you?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I imagine "first contact" to be something like, "Here we are, we've been watching you for ages, and your world is in trouble. To fix it, you need a New World Order and to have these microchips implanted in you so your leaders can monitor who the good and bad guys are".

Shortly after, the benevolent ones will show up...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, you know I didn’t mean to offend. But hey it got results didn’t it. I’ve been to “thelivingmoon” many times but hadn’t read that account. It’s worth a read for sure. We will have to be suspicious of military types wearing sunglasses from now on.

Thanks 8/10 on my mind-boggle meter

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hi Majestic...

Valorian

Hi Valorian, It appears that the majority of people on this tread believe they are here right now. That’s okay I’m happy ether way, I’m sure they are around somewhere whether they find us or we find them.

I guess my OP should have asked “how do you imagine official contact”. Still you can’t win them all. Nevertheless it still keeps you thinking and I thought what if official first contact of intelligent extraterrestrial life is in fact when we are the ones that discover extraterrestrial life on other worlds? Obviously that’s quite a way into the future and it’s unlikely that anyone alive today will see that.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I honestly do not think there will ever be a first contact for at least 100-500 years and maybe for ever. This cycle of 1900-2000 could be something of a repeat, that has happened many times over.

How many world war 1s and 2s, or even 3+ has Earth had. The elite/rulers or what-knot could have technology millions of years in advance which could scare the cr#@ out of any aliens we could/maybe have encountered so far.

Without any concrete information I am at a loss. Its been proven that the media will tell us what they want us to hear, and schools will only teach what is allowed to us. Knowledge is power, and only the powerful are allowed that knowledge.

P.S That video was awesome Zorgon, wasn't expected that the guy hit the dude with a chair, but especially when they were surpised by the other thing ;D Recommended watch for anyone.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Aoxoa]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

Knowledge is power and keeping that knowledge from the masses through limited education, poverty, and programming through disinformation is the name of the game.

We have reduced contact through the years to bad dreams or the work of the devil. The stigma that contactees suffer demands that this kind of human growth remain in the shadows and untouched. Just look at the assaults that some here on this board have endured when they spoke of their experiences...if this keeps up "official contact" will never be recognized.

Why must Aliens land on the white house lawn to give what is already happening all over the world the attention it needs?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Aoxoa

Knowledge is power and keeping that knowledge from the masses through limited education, poverty, and programming through disinformation is the name of the game.

We have reduced contact through the years to bad dreams or the work of the devil. The stigma that contactees suffer demands that this kind of human growth remain in the shadows and untouched. Just look at the assaults that some here on this board have endured when they spoke of their experiences...if this keeps up "official contact" will never be recognized.

Why must Aliens land on the white house lawn to give what is already happening all over the world the attention it needs?

Eventually technology will catch up for the individual. There are guys out with inferred cameras and there is some pretty good digital stuff around now. Only a few days ago when a sighting was reported (UK) local news papers were encouraging people not to go out without there cameras. Imagine several photos of the same thing at different angles.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They will not show up unless we permit them to. We have to achieve a certain level of awareness before aliens become common knowledge.

Until then, they are not permited by divine law to come and show themselves. It would break the free will law.

Also many people would go close to insane/shock if they would see one out of the blue. Even my mind would become really uneasy/scared to see one. The programming we have been subjected to is very efficient.

Talking about aliens is one thing, seeing one in front of your eyes is another!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

Also many people would go close to insane/shock if they would see one out of the blue. Even my mind would become really uneasy/scared to see one.

I agree with you on that - we might turn to stone at the very sight!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join