It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin pranked, thought she was talking with Sarkozy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Quite agree wasn't funny at all.. really bad impersonation as well, she should have picked up on that.

Hope she fired whoever set that call up. I always imagined speaking to a foreign leader would be a little more organized "oh I will pass the phone to her" .. I was waiting for a "Hey, Sarah! .. President sarkoozy.. sakozy.. skakaboozy.. french dude, hes calling for you!"

Then again, they where expecting a call from France and it may not have been high priority.

Anyways. Wasn't funny.

Oh and to those who say they should be criminally charged: Get over your selves damn.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I bet more people in the world know who Governor Palin is than who the Queen of the Netherlands is. Go on, do a poll and see who can name the Queen of your country without having to google it.

So, in the grand scheme of who is important, it's not unreasonable that a head of state might be taking some interest in the U.S. election. Oh yeah, that's right, only Obama is important to the Europeans, since they seem to think they should get a vote in our elections so they can elect him for us. Thanks...we'll decide our president ourselves and you can decide yours, if you had one.

At the end of the day, the "rednecks" of the U.S. have saved an awful lot of the elitest skins of Europe in the past two world-wars and I for one hope that next time some country needs our help we give them the number of the elitest European heads of state and see if they are up for helping out their fellow human beings like we always do. You didn't mind our "rednecks" coming over there and saving your asses during WWI and WWII, did you? I know for a fact you didn't since my "redneck" grandfather and uncle are buried over there after they were killed in action fighting your wars.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xtradimensions

What exactly WWI and WWII have to do with this ?

Charging people, bringing them to guantanamo, world wars ? I wonder who lost any sense of perspective here.

It's a prank call, that's all.

If Obama was the target, they'd call it a racist campaign you say ; then why aren't the republicans calling this a sexist campaign by your standards ?
They simply want this matter forgotten as quick as possible before it does any more damage (if it could).

But there, on the other side, Cindy is struggling saying that beeing a governor gives palin expertise in foreign relations.
Right, she's so expert that she doesn't know Canada's officials.
This is all like a huge joke.
But maybe she knows about Sarkozy because of that hot-in-bed wife of his. Now, that tells tons, maybe Palin is a hidden lesbian, the 5 kids a way to disguise it, and her love for guns a way to manifest her suppressed anger at it all.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by midwestmama

Here's the murdoch owned sky news, they are seen by many as right wing:

news.sky.com... /200811115140014?lpos=US_Elections_2008_Top_Stories_Header_2&lid=ARTICLE_15140014_US_Election%3A_Sarah_Palin_Becomes_Victim_Of_Prank_Call_By_Canadian_ DJ_As_Nicolas_Sarkozy

heres the AP, mostly seen as fair:

ap.google.com...

Here;s the full statement

"Governor Palin received a phone call on Saturday from a French Canadian talk show host claiming to be French President Nicholas Sarkozy. Governor Palin was mildly amused to learn that she had joined the ranks of heads of state, including President Sarkozy, and other celebrities in being targeted by these pranksters. C’est la vie."

Tracey Schmitt

Look on google news, it's on about 800 sites now, they can't all be left wing rags

EDIT to add, here's a source on FOX News, with the statement, is that 'fair and balanced' enough for you to believe it's real?

embeds.blogs.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by gullychief]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gullychief

Thank you for the information and I stand corrected. That is all i need sometime is eveidence.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
But maybe she knows about Sarkozy because of that hot-in-bed wife of his. Now, that tells tons, maybe Palin is a hidden lesbian, the 5 kids a way to disguise it, and her love for guns a way to manifest her suppressed anger at it all.

Edit: Nothing really to say here.

Please ignore.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader
reply to post by nj2day

Oh come on... criminally charged over a joke... you guy take yourselves waaaay too seriously.

if they pranked obama talking about how they themselves love chicken and watermelon i bet you would be the first one on here complaining

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It would be good if this was funny.
BUT it wasn't.. it was lame and dry.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
From a comment left on the site:

Prankster: I just love killing those animals. Mmmm...mmmm...take away life! That is sooo fun!!

Palin: haahahahah!

Makes you wonder...

makes you wonder what exactly?

This makes me wonder about you and people on the left who are such deep thinkers when it comes to their own party but when it comes to a conservative think the absolute worst.

She was being polite. She thought he was a world leader, you do not chastize a world leader while you are on a campaign to the White House.
If she had said ANYTHING else besides a "hahahahaha" it could have been perceived as a slight. (if it were a real call)

Please.. have your own political views, but at least be intectually honest.
If it was Biden, do you really think he would have said
"Gosh, No, I'd never kill a defensless animal, you should be ashamed of yourself Mr. President"

Honestly?

Thats all I want .. just a little honesty from both sides, regardless of political view.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by gormly]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Yes, it was a joke...

But has anyone thought about the fact that the person being impersonated was not just the president of France, but is currently the president of the European Union?

There is NO president of the EU!

There is something informally called the president pf the european council, which is appointed to Sarkoze at the moment. That is the body that represent the EU at the WHO and such. These are temporary positons at the moment.

The EU is not a country or such, it is a communion of states that formally disagrees on almost anything in this world, but seems to be benificial to the economies of the member countries and offers them freedom of travel, trade, and settlement wherever in the EU.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
From a comment left on the site:

She was being polite. She thought he was a world leader, you do not chastize a world leader while you are on a campaign to the White House.
If she had said ANYTHING else besides a "hahahahaha" it could have been perceived as a slight. (if it were a real call)

Thats all I want .. just a little honesty from both sides, regardless of political view.

So what if it was perceived as a slight. I would have hung up on the "president" of France or any other that talks all crazy like that. And wouldn't that be all "mavericky".

[edit on 3-11-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xtradimensions
I bet more people in the world know who Governor Palin is than who the Queen of the Netherlands is. Go on, do a poll and see who can name the Queen of your country without having to google it.

Go do the poll yourself. In kindergarten we used to argue about such things. Do you really think I care whether more people know Governor Palin than the Queen of the Netherlands? At least she doesn't look so stupid like Ms Palin now does. You know, I bet also more people in the world know who Monica Lewinsky is than who our Queen is, doesn't necessarily mean it is good thing

Anyhow, I seem to miss your logic for mentioning this...

Originally posted by xtradimensions
At the end of the day, the "rednecks" of the U.S. have saved an awful lot of the elitest skins of Europe in the past two world-wars and I for one hope that next time some country needs our help we give them the number of the elitest European heads of state and see if they are up for helping out their fellow human beings like we always do.

As mentioned before, what does World War II have to do with this? Once again, this thread is about Palin getting pranked.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A joke is a joke. This story is totally blown out of proportion. Is anyone expected to know what Sarkozy really sounds like? As the running mate in a Presidential election, it is perfectly plausible that she would receive a phone call from Sarkozy. If she would have questioned the caller as one of Ashton Kucher's players, she would have been ridiculed as well. Best to just play along when you have been attacked as often as she has.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Lets face it. It was hilarious and I also think its so funny that these 2 we're able to get through the levels of security Palin has (or should I say should have) We in Canada always make our leaders the brunt of our jokes, as it should be.

What frightens me is the she (Palin) didnt even have a clue of who the leader of the USA's closet trading partner was. (Especially since she is surrounded by Canada in her home state)

Come on America loosen up a bit due to contrary belief Nope you are not the center of the earth!
LMAO in Canada. (Yes the country to the north)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

AMERICAN VOTERS NEED TO PUT "AMERICA FIRST" AND SHOW THE CANADIANS AND THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT THEY CAN ELECT SMART PEOPLE SUCH AS OBAMA AND BIDEN.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sacred cows make the best hamburger. It's because the meat is soooo tender.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That is hilarious but at the same time I can't help but feel bad for Palin.

This is incredibly embarrassing and really shows how in over her head she is.

While she is not the person for the job, she is still a person.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join