It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin pranked, thought she was talking with Sarkozy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i dunno, i'm guessing we'll find out soon that it wasn't sarah at all and that the whole thing is a comedy skit. wonder if they called that palin impersonator from saturday night live, to do the skit?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thank you for receiving my post in a good manner, because it was not intended to hurt anyone. The last time it was a guy that played the sax well, now a guy that might take pranks better than his opponent. The sax guy left scars open in southern europe that are coming to bite yours/our collective asses back, hard and fast.

People supposed to pick candidates wisely, screening them for their true abilities for leadership. Why are people jumping up and down from joy in this thread and haven't voted those pranksters actions as irrelevant?
I guess a country needs wise citizens in order to pick wise candidates.

Why are these people laughing at Palin then?
I bet most of the joyful posters still won't get it!

You people have to choose between pranksters and jokesters, the rest of the world does not. The rest of us can vote for the all serious, all business guy sitting in Kremlin probably laughing his ass off. I mean how bad can he be compared to this, they're capitalist and christian and they now understand about global economy. Compare it to all to a clumsy Clinton in southern europe, and a devastating Bush in the Middle East.
I do not wish to sidetrack the prankster thread, just wanted to share my objections with some people from the American public. Seeing that a post like mine was not perceived as being ill mannered there is still hope.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by populardisbelief]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Poor Sarah is so out of her league; she doesn't have the foggiest.
And she's stated she wants more power than Cheney had, and made it obvious she thinks the ticket is the wrong way around.

Sarah acts like she's the one running for president, yet she doesn't know who is the president of Canada?

She really believes the president of France rings vice president wannabes and tells them what his wife is like in bed?

However Palin does have two things going for her:

- She's a uniter, bringing the world outside America together in laughter. and
- She makes Joe the Plumber look an intellectual giant in comparison.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
She totally deserved that, its like a test of her intelligence, she had no idea she was being pranked till the end when they presented themselves...

why would you want someone like that to be your vice president if they can't even decipher a prank call, sounds like the campaign office was shotty too, didn't even have hold music...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
She deserved it if she fell that easily for the stupid accent. The pranksters were almost inviting her to work out it was a phoney call, especially with the nonsense they were saying. If she couldn't work out the sincerity in the things being said in that call then how is she going to be able to when she's atually dealing with world leaders discussing serious issues, or is she just going to lap up everything that other politicians say.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by onetruesaxon]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Okay people, get over the fact that it might have been a distasteful prank and look a little deeper. This is a woman who could end up with the "nucular" code! She sounded like a Jr. high giggly idiot, and we want this woman making decisions on behalf of the world.

Also, note how she manically giggled when the prankster joked about wanting to hunt with her and watch animals die.
Her coldness regarding animals is something that to this day I cannot understand why people are not upset by this (as I am!). If she is cold towards animals, guess what this narcissist be like towards fellow humans?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

But has anyone thought about the fact that the person being impersonated was not just the president of France, but is currently the president of the European Union?

If one premise of this site is to deny ignorance, then I feel it important to point out that Sarkozy is not the president of the EU. There isn't even a 'EU President' position. Sarkozy is the head of the EU Council.

The EU is indeed a very complex series of institutions that bears little resemblance to other models of governance.

Otherwise I found this prank to be very funny. The very fact that Sarkozy was speaking fluent English would send alarm bells to me, let alone the actual content.

(First Post)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
She had it coming....

She's been so desperate trying to improve her credibility, posing with foreign officials...

Now what that makes you wonder is, besides the fancy pictures where they fake having interesting discussions, what happens when they start talking for real behind closed doors.

This kind of stuff provides good intel as to why these doors are closed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
First of all her secretary/aid - whoever that female is (was) working at the time of the telephone call for Governor Palin - she truly needs a lesson (many) in telephone comportment.
I was ASTOUNDED at her telephone decorum.

Then I heard Governor Palin.

How embarrassing was that!

And it will continue to be embarassing for the USA to have a Vice President who giggles and croons like a star-struck girl when speaking with the rulers of the world.
She acted like a teenybopper on the phone with George Clooney!
I choked on my tea when she melts all over President Sarkozy, *Oh we just LOVEEEEEEE you*.
Can you imagine her talking with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani!
EEEkkkk!
Holy gawdddd...*bangs head on computer table*

If that recording is any indication of Governor Palin’s comportment with International Dignitaries, Presidents, etc, throughout the rest of her career I surely hope it’s done from the phone in Alaska not the White House.

Can you imagine if they ever meet those two - President Sarkozy and Govenor Palin?
She’d be giving him *love attacks* (neck-rubs) before secret service men could wrestle her to the ground.
(Cameo Bush/Merkel)

...taps...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
People, do you not see that these responses have been put to the questions from other interviews. This is a totally fake call on all sides. The woman is not that stupid. Geez, open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by midwestmama
People, do you not see that these responses have been put to the questions from other interviews. This is a totally fake call on all sides. The woman is not that stupid. Geez, open your eyes.

Should Palin's spokesperson have said this, rather than saying she was mildy amused? Also her comments are too specific to the question to be faked.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is kind of a silly thread in that you have no idea who is on either end of this phone conversation. I dont see getting all worked up over something that should not be even considered. Its a tasteless joke and probably does not include anyone mentioned in the OP. Just by giving it the time of day - the prankster wins. I say ignore it, dont let the prankster win, its in bad taste and has no relevance to anything of importance in this race.

I have to add that I have never seen a presidential race played out at the level this one has ..... its mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh Great

When the McCain/Palin team loses, it will be "Blame Canada" again

LOL, oh well C'est la Vie!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I agree that this kind of thing is mean, but that's it, nothing should be done about it. If somebody did something about those callers, what's next? people getting arrested for being a little mean to someone in a bar, or playing a small prank on their friend etc etc.

I do think there are limits thou, no death threats etc.

But I do feel sorry for her, she really seemed to try and be as nice as possible to him.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

how do you know it was sarah? and like one of the other posters said, it may have been sound bites, spliced into the conversation to make it sound like she was having a conversation with this guy. comedians will do that. i've heard all kinds of famous people splices like that. guy makes prank phone calls a pizzeria, and uses spliced up responses from the various films of a specific movie star. like he spliced up jack nicholson movie sound bites and plays them at the various times in the conversation to make it sound like jack nicholson is on the phone.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah I thought that too, but if this is sound bytes, it's VERY well made. In my opinion either it's her or somebody else pretending to be her.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bowdeni

No, the questions were asked to the responses already given. WOW!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It is TOTALLY about the content of the joke, especially in this case. It was clearly a joke and I would be surprised to find out if Sarah Palin even fell for it in the first place. Yeah, it sounds like she humored him for a bit but it was a lot more "Sarkozy" talking than Palin.

Don't get so offended. That's part of the problem with the left, so why are you complaining about it?

Besides, it may technically be against the law but actually trying to bring up charges and prosecute for something like that would be a bit much. These radio guys did it on a radio show with many listeners who knew they were not being serious, so there was clearly no bad intent there. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join