It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to unite Christians on the ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You know I just found out that I could add friends and I think I did add all you Christians that I could find and knew. You know what I notice? We are not so much here united on the ATS. Until this thread (awesome Christians) I never really seen Christian on the ATS corporate together (in fact we fight more than help each other). I know we all have our differences and beliefs. But our core beliefs are the same. God create the heavens and the earth. Jesus Christ is our savor and through him you find God. There is life after death. I believe we all know how heaven works, how angels work, what hell is. Judgment day. And I know dang well almost all of you know more than basics of the bible. Almost all of us can answer those basic and even hard question of the Bible.

My point here is its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others. I think if we where more united we can spread those threads with major topics of Christian or defending our faith against those who would spread lies on the ATS about Christianity. Now I am not talking about us fighting each other with scripture with Scripture. I am simply talking about spreading the word to which Jesus ask us to do preach the gospels and God's Kingdom coming.

The call I ask for is for Christians on the ATS is to add other Christian as friends and start using those friends to spread those threads that need other Christian because we all have our strengths. Not only that get more familiar with each other. Saving soul can come from all types of places. I was saved throw jail and the streets. We never know when God wants us to do his work. Hell I would love to hear every single one of all your testimonies please put it here. I got a long line of Christian friends I just added and I hope most of you will put your testimony here.

As for responds to this thread how about we spiritual uplift each other. Someone need a prayer come here. Lets talk about those low time in spirit with each other, and how where you spiritual uplift. And please lets add each other to help fight those destroy our beliefs. More important lets start new threads that talk about the bible and gospels. Instead of always fighting each other, lets fight the non christian. And Please lets add each other as friends. LOL

United we stand, together we strong!! God bless and I hope this threads does well. Go in his spirit.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others.

That might be because they only like scripture when they can use it to point out inconsistencies.
There are others who use alternative scriptures, too. There is a reason for them to not be included in the Canon of the accepted Bible.
So, there are heresies that need to be dealt with and no reason to be concentrating on atheists who don't really matter.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I liked that but what's with the LOL at the end? if it's serious?

I agree with this that everybody has their strengths. I for instance can realte to the ruthless, the rebellious, and the hard ass people as you will because I was one of them not to long ago.

some others here can realte to the wiser group, and others have a great ability in theology. So i agree. Everytime I try and defend the faith I never seen many Christians come in and help like they used to. I understand alot and have alittle wisdom but I still have an 8th grade education basically and it shows in my post.

So we need the theologians and historians to help us out with this stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
hello

in a foul mood

you can read my testimony here

my testimony

david

its about 6yrs old

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
My point here is its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others. I think if we where more united we can spread those threads with major topics of Christian or defending our faith against those who would spread lies on the ATS about Christianity.

Wow you are actually naming your enemies.. nice form.
This thread is a thinly vailed call to arms against ATS atheists.. especially madnessinmysoul. You have actually ASKED your fellow christians to gang up on him and "others". :shk: I've got no problem with you wanting to unite christians for the common good but you seem to be doing it order to "get" someone in particular. Grow up and leave the pettiness at the door.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think you mist the point. It has nothing to do with a vendetta or vengeance. Its more to help preach the truth of Christianity and stop the lies. Alot of these people who I list say things about Christianity believers that are not true. And I think that its better for those that want to learn about Christianity to hear it from a believers! I also think it would be better for us ATS Christian to be more united in some way to help the truth be known. Some area's in threads need different types of people to answer.

This is not to united to gang up on anybody. But more to defending our religion instead of fighting with one other. The only reason I name those people because on the ATS they are well known nothing more. I haven't even heard of Madnessinmysoul post in a long minute a month or two. This is more for when Christian are being talk about, people, believers or non can get info from all type of people and all types of Christian at that!

Like JesusisTruth said years back I believe their were more believers willing to put time in explaining and defending Christianity. Now it seams that some forget. I also believe that some here are great in the spiritual world of God and I would like to know their experiences. Plan and simple i would like to know more of the ATS Christian!

Like the name of the post said a call to unite Christians that's what it is. It was not name united to fight against enemies!! So please don't try to make it sound like what its not. God bless

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I think you mist the point. It has nothing to do with a vendetta or vengeance.

You already named members specifically:

My point here is its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others. I think if we where more united we can spread those threads with major topics of Christian or defending our faith against those who would spread lies on the ATS about Christianity.

..and then actually SAID for christians to unite and fight the "non christians":

Instead of always fighting each other, lets fight the non christian.

I am indeed an ATS "non christian" which means you've declared you want to fight me so go ahead. Your motives are clear and they have nothing to do with peace making.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I'm here for all ya'll!
I agree we should be together in spirit, more, not to gang up, but, to support each other!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I really respect that clearskies.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hello

what is your definition of fight? you are deliberatly inflaming the thread

i think this one is good

to contend in any manner; strive vigorously for or against something: He fought bravely against despair.

david

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Look say what you want. And think what you want. I really don't care. So what you (some of you) are alode to say things that we don't believe and we as Christian are not suppose to spread what we think. Thats the whole point in the ATS world to spread what we think. And its no disrespect to you but I think its better for those that want to hear Christianity from those that believe. Not form people who don't believe.

All types of people unite man. Color, race, religion, athesis. Who ever they maybe and they're alode to spread what they think and what they believe. And any belief type has the right to defending its beliefs weather they're wrong or right.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Thanks.
I THINK what slymatt meant was that sometimes when anyone mentions Jesus, we get a atheist smackdown fight and we should support our own friends.

I've got just about EVERY Christian I know on my friends list!

Madness hasn't even peeped in here since August 1st.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
hello

what is your definition of fight? you are deliberatly inflaming the thread

No sorry that doesn't wash. He posted NAMING specific members and "others" ["who spread lies"
] and requested that ATS christians unite and fight ATS non christians. subtle.

it's pretty obvious it was a call to arms.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lol I edit my last post I didn't get to finish it and clear I use your list to update mine to those that I know. Thats a long a great list. What about your testimony???? Hey and if you get a chance send this thread as a U2U to those still posting on the ATS so we can more Christian here.

Besides what do you mean call to arms like I going to pick up a gun and shoot a ATS member. Come on man. On the ATS how far can I really go you got to respect those on the ATS no matter what you do. So don't think this is what you think it is because its not. You cant put meaning in my words that I did not meant.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by riley

Thanks.
I THINK what slymatt meant was that sometimes when anyone mentions Jesus, we get a atheist smackdown fight and we should support our own friends.

I've got just about EVERY Christian I know on my friends list!

Madness hasn't even peeped in here since August 1st.

Which suggests his mentioning madness was not done for innocent reasons. People should support what is right.. not just stand up for someone because they're on the same team. I have christian friends on ATS as well and they will not betray their own ethics in order to "get" someone.. and they certainly would not launch attacks on others and try call it "christian unity".

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
God man what is the matter with you. This is the last to say anything about your topic and your posting outside of the topic. I don't plan to hurt nobody but get more Christian posting and being more united. Thats it. I don't plan to get nobody. GODBLESS

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm not posting outside the topic. You had already mentioned madnessinmysoul, athesis (?) and fighting "other" ATS non christians. It's a bit of a stretch for you to cry innocent when your OP includes attacks on specific members.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm not posting outside the topic. You had already mentioned madnessinmysoul, athesis and fighting "other" ATS non christians. It's a bit of a stretch for you to cry innocent when your OP includes attacks on specific members.

Wow Riley you completely are just trying to pick an argument. I read his OP clearly and didn't get that.

what he's saying is that we need to unite to (DEFEND) the faith against attacks on our faith from atheistic motives which are unsincere and since madness had a history of certain post he named him.

he didn't say anything about hating madness, he just, infact he said God bless all of you, instead it's twisted somehow.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm not into any gang type activity but I am a Christian and am here for you all....that means everyone.

More and more I'm of the opinion that we should share God's word with others but not argue back and forth. God's word can stand on it's own and those ready to receive it will. I would hate to push someone further from God because I decided to take them on in a very heated argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You said "There are others who use alternative scriptures, too. There is a reason for them to not be included in the Canon of the accepted Bible.
So, there are heresies that need to be dealt with and no reason to be concentrating on atheists who don't really matter."

Ouch. That must be directed to someone like me, who quotes from the Gospel of Thomas, eh? You think I"m less of a christian than you are? Less loved than you are? Know less than you?

How are you so positive that certain scriptures weren't hidden from you deliberately?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join