It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to unite Christians on the ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Wow Riley you completely are just trying to pick an argument. I read his OP clearly and didn't get that.

Thats called bias. You've already taken sides which is what he asked for.. and you've now opted to try make me look like the aggressor. Nice try.. I twisted nothing. He actually attacked madnessinmysoul specifically and asked christians to fight ATS non christians. Sorry but I did not imagine that and it's there for everyone to read if they want to see it in context.

what he's saying is that we need to unite to (DEFEND) the faith against attacks on our faith from atheistic motives which are unsincere and since madness had a history of certain post he named him.

As someone already pointed out.. madness has not been here in a while. Naming him was an unprovoked attack on his charactor.

he didn't say anything about hating madness, he just, infact he said God bless all of you, instead it's twisted somehow.

Saying "godbless" to atheists is not a gesture of kindness.. especially when coupled with insults and requests for other christians to fight against non christians.

oh and apparently we've been spreading lies too! nope.. the OP is not antagonistic at all!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Ouch. That must be directed to someone like me, who quotes from the Gospel of Thomas, eh? You think I"m less of a christian than you are? Less loved than you are? Know less than you?

How are you so positive that certain scriptures weren't hidden from you deliberately?

god or not I really like the gospel of St Thomas. It puts a more humanist spin on things.. it's more humble.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I do believe that this my second post in this forum period and there is a reason that I don't post more often here.

Some Info:

I am a "non believer", a "Non-christian".
I have a live and let live attitude.
I do not gang up on anyone.

Posts that are a "call to arms" such as the OP has made have convinced me that there is no chance of my posting a question in this forum without fear of being "Ganged up on".

Therefore I won't try.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
" nice try "

It wasn't a try it was fact, you're just too dam cocky to see it.

He's asking us to help defend the faith against unsincere people, madness before has posted hateful unsincere things I seen with my own eyes. maybee that's why he mentioned him.

Not all athiest do this though.

and stop using your little smiley faces, # don't impress me.

God bless means a kind gesture.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Btw for the record, let the reader decide, we don't have to argue all the dang time.

I love you Riley!

Now for the record I did see madness say things like.

" an invisible lie "

" The speghettti flying moster " he compared our religion to

" because you are deluded by an invisible God "

Now that came from madness mouth himself, blatant close mindedness, but also madness has changed and hasn't done that in a while which is good.

anyways I'm done with this thread. OP I agree, let the reader decide.

nomore drama for me today. here's some smiley faces for you to lighten the mood
:bash:
:bnghd:

but most of all let's get along/

[edit on 29-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Madness has not been online since august apparently so is not around to defend himself. Your continued "but he" attacks on him are in poor taste and not justified.. that and I DON'T CARE what he said. "He" shouldn't even be a topic of discussion as the OP had no right to name and shame him as some sort of anti-christian ring leader.

This is the Religion, Faith, And Theology forum not the "Lets fight madness and other atheists who spread lies" forum.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It saddens me that the post I was looking for was not in the right area. Riley has deriled this thread and miss the whole point. For those Christian here I would like to get back to the unity i was talking about in the first place. I would like to hear some more testimony if possible.

Riley no offense but it seams to me your the one starting a fight. Right now you defend you beliefs so can we. And to make a point if any of us Christian where to get out of line in our words and preaching and defending I am share the monitors would kick us or warn us. Riley I been here at the ATS longer than you (which I am not saying that I am better) only pointing out that I have not cross the line yet nor will I.

And as for the Christian here please lets get back to the unity I saw in the awe christian thread.

And as for Madnessinmysoul I didnt attact him and if you see it that way its not what I meant. In fact I respect his knowledge and his way of thinking. And the reason I mention him and Athesis is for the fact that they're so dang smart in some ways it hard to defend and preach the truth to them. So if you want to know the truth it was more a respect thing for me.

Please stop destroying the thread to your thoughts. If you have questions for our beliefs and experence please ask. And please dont make fun of our beliefs but lets be serious in ways and spirit uplifting for others. And more to the point those that at Christian lets U2U others for more experiences and testimonies.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesonPosts that are a "call to arms" such as the OP has made have convinced me that there is no chance of my posting a question in this forum without fear of being "Ganged up on".

Please if you have any questions ask, no one here is calling to arms. What can we really do that the monitors will not see and stop??? This is more a calling for unity and spiritual uplifting. Some of these Christian dont know it but I was low in faith. And their faith help me. I only wish that we're more unity to help each other. And defending our faith. Within the right grounds.

So please if you have a serious question or a testimony of your non belief lets us know. For you non belief testimony can be a help to.

God bless and please Christian again where are the testimonies. If anything if we have to start a new thread for these reason. Go in his spirit!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
It saddens me that the post I was looking for was not in the right area. Riley has deriled this thread and miss the whole point. For those Christian here I would like to get back to the unity i was talking about in the first place. I would like to hear some more testimony if possible.

Riley no offense but it seams to me your the one starting a fight.

Did I start a thread asking atheists to fight ATS christians? Did I accuse an entire group of people of "spreading lies"..? Did I start a thread naming and attacking a specific member? No.. thats your style. You were trying to recruit other christians into fighting against ATS non-christians. You could have at least owned your own bad behaviour and apologised for it.. instead you chose to pass the buck and play my victim. Derail your thread? I'm still on topic yet I bet you wouldn't be claiming that if I posted against atheists and madnessinmysoul.

YOU picked the fight with all non christians who post here with what you said in your OP.

..and it's "atheist" not "athesis".

btw. You've been on ATS longer than me? Really? I think you better look again.
(not that it matters anyway)

[edit on 30-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I usually don't get all fired up and will keep the same face here but I did find two things a little odd on OP.

My point here is its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others

I am sorry to say riley I don't personally see an attack here. As Jesusitruth said, let the reader decide. I am a pagan and most certainly don't work with the Christian religion, although a good portion of my friends are Christians. What I do see however in this is in poor taste. Attack or not I really don't think it's nice to pick specific names out.

Now, with that said, I can see how this would look like ganging up and preparing for a battle. JIT, you can't sit and tell someone this is how it is. When I became a non-comissioned officer in the Air Force I learned something about equality and free speech. You can say one thing and although you should never have to censor yourself, it is in the ear of the beholder. You do have to realize that how you meant it doesn't neccesarily come out as how you wanted it to be heard. You can obviously say anything you like. I am all for freedom of speech.so long as it isn't harrassment. What you said isn't harrassment in my eyes but I can see how it would taken so.

No big deal I suppose...so here is number two...and I am sorry this irks me big

And please dont make fun of our beliefs but lets be serious in ways and spirit uplifting for others.

I gotta honestly say I have seen loads of Christians doing this to us, or athiests, or any other group.

Look, I don't hate Christians at all. I love them. I love anyone who is around. I even like what you are doing here. All I saying is people can take things wrong

Peace and Love

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hello All

If we lay aside doctrine for a moment and we gather together in LOve for our Lord Jesus.

Then harmony is apparent and for the glory of God. We can all learn from one another a lift each other up when we are attacked by our enemy.

However, as Christians here on ATS if we recycle the same threads we learn little, i haven't been on ATS for long but for me it would be nice to take passages of the bible and discuss them individually. In this manner we can all grow in our knowledge of the Lord.

the trinity, abominations et al, have been done to death. Both here and many other forums. there is so much scriputure to learn and we can all grow together.

I'm not an advocate of "routine" prayer with time limits but we are asked and ask of others for prayer in difficult times. what could be more unifying than this? prayers from many for the one. true Christian Love!

I myself have many to thank on ATS for the Lord has worked through them for spiritual growth, knowledge, understanding and even fellowship.
The Lord has shown me that despite myreservations about religious organisations, his chidren are therin. Amen to that!

I woudl love to meet you all, that in itself for me is something as i am not good at meeting people, i am quite reticent. i wish it was otherwise.

All the best

david

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
When I read the OP post I knew what he meant and also felt that, despite probable good intentions, it was poorly worded. Please forgive my presumption, OP, in offering apologies to any who may have been offended.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a condition in the T&C against "ganging up" or following each other around on threads for the sole purpose of "loading" the thread with a particular type of opinion. If I have misunderstood the T&C I'm sure someone will point it out to me. Even if there's not such a rule, "ganging up" would be in poor form, imho.

Back on topic: I'm all in favor of Christians on this board coming together to meet with each other but I strongly disagree with searching out the unbelievers to "defend my faith". We're allowed and encouraged to deny ignorance but not to proseletize.

My faith is not in need of defending. God is not so puny that he requires me to take up for Him. Those who are searching for the light will be drawn by those living in light. "Let your light so shine before men that they may see it and worship God". "Let all things be done in love".

Madnessinmysoul actually admitted to having prayed the prayer of faith and patiently waiting for some confirmation that he was saved. He claims that "nothing happened" which, to him, was proof enough that there was no God. Who's to say that God is finished with MIMS? God's word does not return void. MIMS is an intelligent young man who argues his point of view passionately. I still pray for him. CS Lewis started out an atheist and look what God has done with him?

When I get on threads where Christian bashing is going on I try to clear up the obvious misconceptions but it needs to be done with a view towards drawing unbelievers in, not pushing them away by deliberately offending, insulting and threatening.

Atheists are not our enemies. We fight not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. I won't start viewing unbelievers as enemies. None of us were born saved. Somebody cared enough to preach the gospel of salvation to us and it would behoove us all to remember that Christ came not to call the righteous but the sinner to repentance. That includes me on a daily basis.

And before we start thinking that we're somehow better than unbelievers we would do well to remember that "not many wise or mighty are called but He has chosen the FOOLISH things of the world to confound the wise..." (lest we forget our place).

I look forward to meeting with fellow believers but not if it's for the purpose of stirring up the unbelievers or provoking them to wrath.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
" athiest are not our enemies "

I agree but disagree as well. WW, many souls that are athiest have made their mind up. They glorify in sin, they think we are insane individuals who can't handle life and some actually hate us in a major way. This is the truth that some athiest are like.

those type are our enemies, yet we are not to hate them back, but the fact is that those type of athiest are and will be the antichrist footstool soon and they will go along with him when we are put to death in America real soon.

peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

My point here is its hard sometimes for some of us or others to fight in scripture people like madnessinmysoul, athesis, and others.

I don't think it's wise to call out specific members. Please refrain from doing this as it could be seen as inflammatory to others.

I think if we where more united we can spread those threads with major topics of Christian or defending our faith against those who would spread lies on the ATS about Christianity.

Just to be clear, it's fine to discuss Christianity in threads where this is the subject of the discussion, but please don't attempt to shove this in where it doesn't fit. I don't think that slymattb is saying that you should do this, but just so there are no misunderstandings.

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in immediate termination of posting privileges.

I think it would be a great idea to discuss topics that might stump you in other threads, but it would be unfair to organize a group here to go swarm post in another discussion on ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Hey there. I understand where you are coming from- I truly, truly do. Just be careful because there is a rule in the T&C about forum ganging, which is an offense worthy of a post ban. I know this first hand, please believe me.
I was post banned a few months ago for tag teaming with other Christians. So, a call to unite and take over certain threads probably isn't too smart.

Anyways- as for your singling out a particular member in your OP. This is something I disagree with on all accounts regardless of the person or 'side.' Singling out specific members is simply wrong and discourteous. However, try as I might, I simply cannot muster up sympathy for said poster due to the fact they tried to 'harness the atheist troops' a few months back and cause an ATS atheist swarm. So, ok. You two are 'even' now. But in the future, try not to single anyone out.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So anyone want to post a testimoy of their faith?????

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As a christian what irk's me is it seems that I hear things I never heard in bible school or church,as a child we always went to bible school during the summer,now I have an ex bro in law who became a preacher,now all of a sudden I don't believe his doctrine I'm destine for hell?I believe what I believe and the new age christian has evidently wrote a new bible

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
As a christian what irk's me is it seems that I hear things I never heard in bible school or church,as a child we always went to bible school during the summer,now I have an ex bro in law who became a preacher,now all of a sudden I don't believe his doctrine I'm destine for hell?I believe what I believe and the new age christian has evidently wrote a new bible

Dont get me wrong. But is it best to believe in God over what you want to believe??? A true Christian wants what God wants. And dont get me wrong, christian churches usually teach their doctrine over the bible doctrine. But now in days people scholars and all are making knew bibles more closley written to what the origional scrolls said that make up the bible. So do be to afraid of reading more than one bible.

And end all matters pray to God! What happens if you found out that God wanted you to join that church to learn something he wants you to know! To be honest i dont think thats the path. I think reading and praying and staying in spirit will guide you to God's path. But just for some understanding??? God bless

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" athiest are not our enemies "

I agree but disagree as well. WW, many souls that are athiest have made their mind up.

As is their choice. The bible only instructs you to tell them but if they refuse, your hands are clean.

They glorify in sin, they think we are insane individuals who can't handle life and some actually hate us in a major way. This is the truth that some athiest are like.

Yes, brother, I know. Some Christians are like this too. Christ said that the servant was not greater than the Master and if they did these things to him, they'd do them to us. "Pray for those who spitefully use you". "You will be hated by all men for my name's sake." "Shall the Judge of the whole earth not do right?" "There is one Judge and mediator between God and man..." (give you a hint: it's not you and it's not me.)

those type are our enemies, yet we are not to hate them back

Exactly true. "blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven; for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."

but the fact is that those type of athiest are and will be the antichrist footstool soon and they will go along with him when we are put to death in America real soon.

"There will come a time when they kill you thinking they do God service." Who do you think "they" are? The atheists don't care anything about doing God service. That would be the Christians. (Or the Muslims) At any rate: Make to yourself friends of the mammon for they are in their generation wiser than the sons of men.

Who was it that hid the Jews during the holocaust? Their so-called enemies who didn't agree with what was going on. I view atheists (and agnostics) as prodigal sons. They're still God's children; they're just far from home. It's our job to leave a light on for them and let them know the Father misses them.

As far as sharing Christian experiences: I wouldn't know where to begin. Every day is a Christian experience. That's kind of like asking white people to share their experience of being white. Since Christ is our life, when we share Christ we are sharing our life.

I don't know about you but I feel a real burden and sadness for the many atheists in the world. Many of them are quite happy with their condition and think that Christians are the deluded ones. We know that God is not willing that any should die but that all should come to the knowledge of the truth. I am moved every single day to pray for people I don't even know.

The suicide rate has tripled in the U.S. Doesn't that break your heart? All those souls that didn't know the love and acceptance that is in Christ.

People are going broke and being forced to live in tents or under bridges; some even losing their children. Is your righteous indignation not stirred? So many souls who are ripe for the gospel that have no one to speak a word of encouragement to them.

Surely the harvest is ripe but the laborers are few. Pray for laborers.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So is it cool if Gnostic Christians join the alliance? Because, I have had a lot of flak with my fellow christian brothers and sisters; being called a heretic and a sinner and a blasphemer. I just follow what Christ says, I meditate, read my bible, and Christ explains... The KJV bible got me into meditation, meditation got me into philosophy, philosophy and the bible, got me into gnosticism, and now, I really do think, that from a gnostic, platonic, or hermetic approach, Christianity, can be validated %110 scientifically and with all the physical and philisophical proof and tools one requires to come to absolute gnosis, in a manner, that critical thinking atheists and agnostics do not and in actuality cannot refute.
In my earlier days, I tried to recruit people with Jesus, I had limited results. Now a days, I recruit people with Jesus's teachings and gnostic understanding and concepts, spreading the WORD, or LOGOS(WWJD, not say hey, are you down with me? you dont want to go to hell do you?, but just teach of the LOGOS or WORD of GOD. Jesus never taught out of fear, for it is obvious to the gnostic, that GOD is all there is to fear) which pull the person out of their 3d illusion or egotistical biases enough to see gods ineffable brilliance. Point being, Ive been able to bring family and friends to Christ through the gnostic philosophy, yet asking them if they had been saved etc etc only worked a fraction of the time and I assume it was with those who already were ready to surrender.

I love faith, but I don't think it is required to know god intimately the way you believe you are to know god correctly whatever you may think that means. Sure you have to have faith in the first place that something has truth to it to investigate it to the point of surrender and then understanding, I think reality itself is a faith based creation that has systems within it that have very precise nearly tangible laws. Laws that inevitably guide you to Christ and then Christ source, or the FATHER GOD, at which point you are not boastful of such revelation, but merely kind and gentle in your approach to help others to see and hear.
I really think that a lot of my Christian brothers and sisters have been duped by political agenda's. Using faith to manipulate spiritual followers, faith has its place in spirituality and rationality, just not in the manner it is implemented which engenders the same reactions in people to their contemporary leaders. Long ago, Christianity was not a purely faith based religion, Jesus was there and his teachings were proof and there was a method of knowing GOD, they did not have to ask you to have faith back then, because spirituality was and is a science and faith has a very important role, its just been slightly tweaked not enough for all to notice, but just enough for those who don't to be manipulated by it.
Why any Christian would refute an interpretation of Christianity that can beyond any scientific or philisophical doubt convince an atheist to accept Christ as their lord and savior, boggles my mind, then again, it does not, because many have been blinded by group mentality, and the misuse of faith, a great deception indeed.

If you are wondering how I came to find gnostic interpretation and practice, it was that my pastor had told me not everything can be explained, which directly contradicted a dream I had, where Jesus was there,(the dream that brought me to church in the first place) explaining to me, that the answers are all available, but one must search far and wide within perception and the material of mens words spoken in confused language in order to truly see or hear that the truth is of unconfused tongue, he presented me with an example, which was more than just words, it was experience as well, truly profound. I didnt really understand the dream until the pastor said that, then I prayed, I thought to myself, what would jesus do, and I prayed hard, and I kept praying and reading my bible, then it occurred to me, that maybe its the English language that is making things screwy for US christians, so I did a little research on some of the discrepancies of translation/transliteration, and found this term LOGOS, which means reason, or ratio, it is what WORD originally was, it is a scientific term. This deeply intrigued me, so I did a little more research, and praying every day for Jesus to bring the right information into my life so I could one day truly understand. Shortly after, I was given a book, it was called Jesus Christ Sun of God, it was about ancient cosmology and early christian symbolism, profound to say the least. It confirmed my faith and belief in Jesus so much, I could now walk with unshakable faith based on mathematical facts and allegory for the entire universe. Prayers and dreams, prayers and dreams, that lead me mysteriously to the Nag Hammadi, besides all of the great gnosis it contains, I thought was an awesomely priceless discovery in its self, being a great confirmation and debate settler for Christianity. So I thought.
All in all, what it boils down to, is that I asked Jesus to show me, and through the universes beautiful plethora of synchronicity and direct, erhm, I guess visionary experience and dream, he did, and there is no doubt that what I have found is one view of the truth, because it has transformed me into a deeply compassionate person who practices unconditional forgiveness and love, as well as showing me to a perception that allows me to see the 3rd dimension from a dimension above in meditation and now prayer. Its real, because it feels more real than the 3d, god explains things in a multi faceted way, its almost like god gives you some sort of ability to comprehend a million perceptions at once in order to convey some deeply profound truism about reality and the nature of it all. Its not like you mistake meeting god, its one of those things that makes more sense than reality itself, yet is almost incomprehensible to a normal mundane human perspective, but thats the thing, WE AIN'T HUMAN! we are SOULS.

This is not just out of faith, faith plays a major role, but not in the contemporary sense, well, kinda, its tricky. I understand that many people have been transformed in the same way by the spirit within other denominations that people would consider fundamentalist, and I believe that is because GOD is so great and so GOOD, that the mere sincere unadulterated intent to know GOD and the faith alone, will inevitably lead to one personally knowing GOD very VERY intimately.

All Im saying is, there is a denomination, that if it were to become public knowledge, could seriously, rationally, convert the entire planet. The gnostic denomination is awesome, because it requires that you ask as many of the hardest questions as possible, it is enlightenment through gnosis, and it is very possible.

PS, I was baptized, and accepted JC as my lord and savior before any of this went down, so now I wonder, did I come to these happenings because I was baptized and accepted the lord, or is it just because I was curious, and found a path that made perfect scientific sense? Is there even a difference, and does it even matter? I dont think there is, and I dont think it does. The lord works in mysterious ways. Amen. Praise Jesus!

So do heretics still seem so evil?

[edit on 11/3/2008 by psychedeliack]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join