It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to unite Christians on the ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A Christian is a Christian to me God bless

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I'm going to try to give a little more of my testimony here, later on today.
I think others should too.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I think you mist the point. It has nothing to do with a vendetta or vengeance. Its more to help preach the truth of Christianity and stop the lies.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by slymattb]

As much as I am for The Great Commission, ATS is no place to be "preaching the truth" when the truth itself is being debated at great length.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

As much as I am for The Great Commission, ATS is no place to be "preaching the truth" when the truth itself is being debated at great length.

As prophesied:

Jude 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jude offers to the Saints no "Great Commission" but only to contend earnestly for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'll write a little about my conversion to Christianity;

I was you're average American girl. Although a 9th grade drop-out, wanna-be singer.
No real beliefs in Jesus or God. I went through some bad times. Drugs, rape, abortion.
I felt very old at 19.
I became a feminist, because of the abuse and trivialization of women.
The abortion caused the greatest damage to me, leading to suicide attempts and a 6 month stay at a mental facility, which nearly killed me.
I came out, tried college, drugs and one more suicide attempt(overdosing on stelazine.)
I became a caretaker for my nephews, becoming VERY attached. Still I hid the drugs and alcohol from them.
Life seemed like an alien experiment in which I was the guinea pig for mental trauma.

One Sunday morning, I woke up with a hangover and turned the T.V. on to watch baywatch:shk: We didn't have cable and it was the only thing worth watching and it came on EVERY Sunday morning. Well, I sat down on the couch and started looking for the remote, cause a preacher was on.
I COULD NOT find it, so, I decided to watch.
He seemed so peaceful and I heard about what would happen after death. I didn't care if I died, as long as it wasn't painful. I had started to think that if God (who I thought was a woman) KNEW my life, then God would say, "well, you did the best you could, come on in."
I knew something was wrong, missing in my life, BUT I couldn't figure out what.

The preacher asked, What are you going to tell Jesus about why you should be let in.
Well, I thought about it and let it go until that evening.
I asked God, "O.K., if you love women as MUCH as you do men, show me."
I picked up the Bible and opened it and there it was!
To this day I don't know what I read, maybe about Deborah or Ruth, I don't know, but it spoke to me EXACTLY! IT answered my thoughts!

So, I went to my room, got on my knees and said just like the preacher, "God I believe in Your Son, I believe He died for me and rose the 3rd day, please forgive me."

BAM! Just like that I KNEW I was changed and clean and I felt Jesus put His arms around me, I started crying.
I walked around for three days on a cloud, I didn't even eat, hardly!
Then I wondered about what to do next. I told my sister and she said "you got saved!"
She with her daughter and husband took me to church and the preacher gave me a booklet after church. "What to do now that you're a Christian".
I LOVED that little book.
It said get baptized, among other things,

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
alright, im down with this, please add me and i will add you.

lets slay some atheists........i mean, uhm.....lets sow some love around this joint.

i have many of you as my friend already, i will add all who wish too.

peace and love, with sugar, and a cherry on top.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

But Jesus did:

Mark 16:15-20

15 And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my nam shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following, Amen.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice Testimony Clearskies. Sorry for everything that you went through. Sounds sad. But it made you strong and who you are today. I have add you two already.

And I am not here to slay the dragon as you said. I only thought it might be nice for some of us to u2u about other threads that might needs more opinions. I cant control what they're going to say. But that they give a honest opinion on what the debate is in the right forums.

I am stilling hoping to hear more testimonies God bless

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

But Jesus did:

Of course He did!
That is not the point.
The point IS...it has already been done here at ATS/BTS. A REAL conspiracy would be if anyone here has NEVER heard the Gospel. I've never once seen a post here, or on the Internet from anyone who has NEVER heard the Gospel. They've either HEARD IT and embraced it, or they have HEARD IT and rejected it.

The problem isn't that "they haven't heard the Gospel", they have. They just didn't receive it.

Let me say it again:

I highly doubt there is a single individual on BTS/ATS that has never heard the Gospel. With this in mind, the only "conversation left" is to fulfill Jude 3.

Jesus forbid going "house to house" to share the Gospel. I also find it interesting that the law of harvesting (fields...crops...), in the Old Testament FORBADE a farmer from going over his field more than once to harvest. Any crop that was not taken in the first harvest was to be left in the field and not touched by the farmer.

Don't misunderstand me, though. I will be willing at any time to share the Gospel with someone who has never heard it. I just haven't met any adult recently...perhaps even in decades? (My kids first heard the Gospel from me, though.)

It's not that people (non-Christians) haven't heard it: They HAVE and they've rejected it. (The 'honest' ones, at least.) By the time we get to Jude, in the New Testament, Jude isn't concerned about "growing the Church", he was VERY concerned that there were some VERY VERY bad people claiming to be Christians within their assembly.

ATS/BTS is the wrong crowd to be preaching the Gospel to. They've heard it already. That is the reason why I brought up Jude 3.

I (sometimes) hold out more hope for the "self-avowed atheist/agnostic" than for these:

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

The atheist or agnostic AT LEAST has the integrity to READ what Jesus said and to REJECT IT. They take it more seriously than those described in the Book of Jude.

The atheist or agnostic has taken the Bible SO SERIOUS they are willing to take a stand AGAINST IT. Those who are described in Jude don't CARE what the Bible says. They are even too cowardly to SAY they disagree (otherwise how would they be able to CREEP IN UNAWARES?

Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

These aren't atheists and agnostics...they are flat out LIARS. How can an atheist or agnostic "creep in unawares" and "turn the grace of God..."?

Jesus warned us about ravenous wolves coming coming to us in SHEEP'S CLOTHING:
Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Atheists and Agnostics don't don "sheep's clothing" and walk around masquerade as a sheep!

Christianity (circa 2008) doesn't have a problem with the numbers being too SMALL, it is the other way around: It is FAR bigger than it is supposed to be.

Rather than quote the entire Scripture right here, I'll just point you to the prophecy of Jesus about this time:

Matt 13:24-33

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Lovely to hear Jude being quoted here, my patron Saint, quite literally in the guise I don here as "Supercertari" which means "contend eagerly" which I took from the Letter of Jude as my screen-name and have as my personal motto because that's what I intend on doing as best I can through life.

slymattb, a noble idea which was bound to be hijacked by someone but I do note your use of the word "like" when mentioning members of an atheistic bent. I am not familiar with those you mentioned but I can think of some myself the likes of whom I think it would be proper for us to, where their falsehoods are concerned, contend eagerly against.

I do have a few friends and "appoint" them as such by reason of their thoughtfulness, I know some on my friends list are Christian and some might be atheist.

This being an online community I sometimes do not bother to respond to some of the atheist charges because people are not manifesting a love for their belief but a love for the internet and enjoy sitting in their mother's basement with a look of smug satisfaction at each petty victory. For those I pray. For those who genuinely question or thoughtfully explore their beliefs and mine I am always happy to join in.

God bless and anyone add me who wishes to and I will respond in kind.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
slymattb, a noble idea which was bound to be hijacked by someone but I do note your use of the word "like" when mentioning members of an atheistic bent. I am not familiar with those you mentioned but I can think of some myself the likes of whom I think it would be proper for us to, where their falsehoods are concerned, contend eagerly against.

I want it to be clear. That I am not trying to set up a gang or a religious activist type thing. I only want the unity of Christian to be better on the ATS,BTS. I think it would be great to hear more from Christians, and to hear stories about your experiences. And I thought that sometimes in a thread I couldn't get the point I wanted to say, or I knew someone with better insight into the subject. I thought it would be great for better unity and it would be great to just send a u2u to someone I thought would be better or more understanding.

End anycase tell us some experiences or tell us your testimony PLEASE. God bless

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i guess i can give a testimony, since sly doesnt want to gang up and slay atheist's, party pooper.

when i was 13 my dad asked me to go to church with him, i said i didnt want to go. he said ok and left it at that.

for some reason i just felt a need to go, i was having a really tough time, even rebellious.

so i ended up going, under no pressure. so we get there and there was a guest speaker, he travelled and talked to different churches.

so it came time for anyone that wanted to be saved could go upfront and ask the lord into their heart. there was a lot of teenagers right around my age there. this guest speaker comes straight up to me, out of everyone there, and says " will you walk upfront with me, i know you are having a hard time, will you? "

so i did and i felt the most godly presence and it filled my heart. i havent quite been the same since, sure i have had my struggles, mostly with anger.

i asked my dad if he had talked to that guy before hand about me, he kinda chuckled and said no. i know he didnt because i was with my dad all day, and that guy had just gotten into town that day.

that was a great day for me, i will never forget that.

i have more testimony to give, perhaps i will do more when i get time.

peace

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I only want the unity of Christian to be better on the ATS,BTS.

Fantastic. You could start by talking about what the Bible has to say and other Christians will be drawn to it like sheep to the shepherd's words...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by PreTribGuy]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join