It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executions, Torture in North Korea 'Worse Than Animal Slaughter'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This is an example of the way the human rights situation is North of the DMZ.

But I'm sure this is all just American lies, right?!?

2.7 Million people are due to starve by the end of October in North Korea. Why do places like that still exist on this planet? Why do we stand by and do nothing?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

What do you suggest that we do? Honest question, not trying to antagonize you. North Korea is a strange issue with no easy answers.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Assassinate the ruling class, rip out the existing power structure and replace it with an international force while transitioning to elections.

Oh wait, they don't have any oil and their weapons may actually do us some damage.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They have also run over Christians with steamrollers and poured molten metal on them.
North Korean Christians
DEMONIC!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"Worse than the way animals are slaughtered"

I doubt it, although I don't consider human to human violence as disgusting as human to animal violence.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I don't consider human to human violence as disgusting as human to animal violence.

Are you kidding?

Are you saying animals being brutally killed are more important than humans being brutally killed?

I find your statement hard to believe!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

Yes, the Christians who were run over, were done so from the feet-up!
It's not just Christians who have been tortured.
MUCH WORSE than many animals, who go for the jugular and kill their victim first!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

I don't consider human to human violence as disgusting as human to animal violence.

Are you kidding?

Are you saying animals being brutally killed are more important than humans being brutally killed?

I think he's saying that animals who are really innocent and defenceless getting tortured and killed in his eyes is worse, because of the innocence.

In my opinion I'm not sure what's worse, too complicated to answer, I believe we should respect all life, even if we are going to eat them, but you know torturing animals is similar to torturing a baby, because they are both innocent and defenceless, this is why some people hate kids and animals getting abused more than adult humans.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Are you kidding?

My statement stands, humans make their own problems and have the ability, intelligence, ingenuity or choice to get out of those situations (although most people chose hope above action). Animals do not,

If you saw a man beating up another man, would you class it worse than a man beating up a kitten?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I see your point, but I think the title of this news report is putting us off topic from the real issue. For now we should focus on the North Korean people.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

When I was stationed up there, the reason we didn't do anything was clear... they were getting buddy buddy with china....

at the time, we had around 30k troops in South Korea, and they had roughly 2 million active duty with 3 million reserve troops...

add that to the buddy buddy with china... and you get a pretty clear image of what would have happened...

It would have been akin to ants taking down a larger insect lol... when you have that many bodies, its just impossible to win.

I don't know what the status of their friendship with China is anymore, but 5 million troops in North Korea alone should be enough to hesitate for a moment before invading...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

In my opinon America can't afford to get involved with this issue right now.

The solution to such an issue requires a genius to come up with a perfect plan, maybe one that doesn't involve violence.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ok don't turn this thread into animals vs humans. Anyhow I don't think anyone says we should stand by and do nothing. Also I don't think anyone is saying we should invade them. I think spreading the word on these issues is a great first step. Get it all exposed publicly. Then tell the U.N. to actually do something and go confront them.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I get the feeling that they are waiting for Kim Jong Il to kick the bucket... then with the power vacuum and the speculation about the military commanders being at odds with his sons, the government will sponsor a CIA style coup...

Thats all speculation though...

I think the U.N. should take a stand when it comes to the sort of torture that is going on there... a stronger stance than "ooooh we're not gonna sell stuff to you"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There is nothing you can do, the country is large and has allies capable of helping it through any sanctions imposed by an international community, the only chance of change in these circumstances is going to be from the inside although the fear usually stops this especially when you notice that the government is usually willing to squash any opposition of any size without mercy.

Shame really, effective from a governmental point of view although highly restrictive from the people's view, reminds me of the old Japanese occupations, in some case 20,000 unarmed people, 1,000 armed guards and people are executed in rows of a hundred, do you stand up and fight, have hope you'll survive or await the inevitable?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's sad, yes, but these things have been going on since humans learned how to hurt each other efficiently. I don't see things like this ending completely, ever, no matter what is done.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
They have also run over Christians with steamrollers and poured molten metal on them.
North Korean Christians
DEMONIC!

I really wish there was something we could do.

It's hard to understand how humanity allows this kind of stuff to happen.

These people are humans not insects...

It's absolutely heartbreaking!

North Korean Christians aren't simply killed for their faith in Christ. They're pulverized with steamrollers, used to test biological weapons, shipped off to death camps or shot in front of children, while newborn babies are killed by having their brains pithed with forceps in front of their mothers. Crimes against humanity reminiscent of Auschwitz and Treblinka, to which the world declared, "Never Again!" more than 60 years ago, are being perpetrated today against the North Korean Christians.

Starvation, disease and death is happening all around us yet the media is censoring most of it and intentionally keeping it from us.

They show us what they want us to see.

The real story is happening on a daily basis and millions are starving around the world and losing their lives, many in horrific ways.

But of course we are rarely shown pictures of the real world we live in.

Most of us are in fact living in a Dream World!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Why on earth does the subject line say "worse than animal slaughter"?

Executions and torture are typically a form of punishment or a means for discouraging unwanted behavior. Animals are not slaughtered as punishment, so comparing the two makes no sense. Animals should be slaughtered in a quick and humane way so as to reduce suffering, now I realize in some asian countries they believe torture will improve the quality of the meat, but that is a whole other topic.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Originally posted by spitefulgod

My statement stands, humans make their own problems and have the ability, intelligence, ingenuity or choice to get out of those situations.

So you are judging all of humanity.

What have innocent children done to deserve being killed upon birth?

What have those who were born into these countries done to deserve death?

Please tell me what have all the people around the world who were born into these type of situations, starvation, disease, abuse, torcher etc. done to deserve death?

Please enlighten us, what have these people done to deserve being counted for less than an animal?

You are judging all of humanity, you are stereo-typing everyone and basically saying

"WE ARE ALL GUILTY"

"WE DESERVE WHAT HAPPENS TO US"

Do you have brothers and sisters?

Do you have children?

If they were brutally murdered in your eyes would you count them less than animals of the earth?

If you were brutally murdered would you count yourself less than the animals of the earth?

I have seen what we do to animals and it's horrible, it brings tears to my eyes, I feel your pain but you are taking it WAY TO FAR by blaming all of humanity for the mistakes of others.

NOT ALL OF US ARE GUILTY of that crime.

YOU CANNOT BLAME, JUDGE AND ACCUSE EVERYONE OF BEING GUILTY OF THAT CRIME.

Otherwise you need to really think about what your saying and Seek Medical Help.

I believe ANYTHING that is alive that feels pain and has a nervous system and is aware of it should be treated equally, fairly and with respect.

I'm not talking about an apple or carrot.

I do not believe in brutally killing anything that feels pain, some things in this world were naturally meant for the use of man and some things were not and I agree it's horrible how we treat and brutally kill animals and that should be changed. I believe we should use animals only if necessary for our own survival and if we do, they should be put to death quickly, painlessly and with respect.

That is what I strongly believe, we cannot judge every human being for the mistakes of others. There are billions of people out there who feel exactly the same way you do that would change the system if they only knew how and could. I am one of them!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Malevolent_Aliens

I never stated they deserve it merely that these circumstances are brought about by humans, no person or animal deserves to suffer but unfortunately due to the way that the world is run (mainly due to peoples need for money and power) that's the way the world is. granted a child is innocent but as stated the parents, communities and people have to power to change it if they don't like it, unfortunately fear, religion, hate and other man made crud holds them back, I don't blame them as I explained above change in such a country would require considerable sacrifice.

[edit]
I think you've misunderstood my position here let me try again

I consider someone who tortures an animal to the point a slaughter worse than someone who did it to another human. saying that I still consider violence towards people, especially people who are at a disadvantage uncalled for and disgusting. I'm not saying people deserve to die only that "in my eyes" the title of the thread holds an incorrect statement.

[edit on 29/10/2008 by spitefulgod]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join