It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mock USSR Airfield in Utah??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Guys, please fire-up Google Earth and punch in these coordinates. You will see what Im talking about.
Is this something secret?

40"26'19.05 N 113*16'50.28 W

It seems like a military airfield of some sort

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What leads you to believe that it emulates an USSR airfield?

Just curious.

Edit to add: If you add a screenshot of the area you're speaking of [thus, eliminating the need to leave ats and launch google earth], more people will probably contribute.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Heres the link and all you have to do is click on were it says View in Google Earth.
bbs.keyhole.com...

I needf to learn in the meantime on how to insert images here...Sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Nice, thanks.

It's pretty late here but if I get a chance tomorrow I'll insert the image onto the thread, if it hasn't already been done by then.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's Wendover Air Force Base. I've actually never heard about it, so far a pretty interesting read.

Wendover Air Force Base is a former United States Air Force base in Utah now known as Wendover Airport. During World War II, it was a training base for B-17 and B-24 bomber crews before being deployed to the European and Pacific Theaters. It was also the training site of the 509th Composite Group, the B-29 unit which dropped the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs.

Wiki: Wendover AFB

I'm curious how you came upon it? Random searching?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Forest

Actually, no, Wendover is further northwest of the location in question....

The location in question looks run down, and disused, but looks can be deceiving. There are planes parked there, and some of them do kinda look like migs -shrug- i dunno.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was just doing research on the Dugway Proving Ground and I had Google Communities enabled in Google Earth and thats how I came across it.

Now, for future pictures of these, how can upload a screenshot in the future here?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infocon_delta
Guys, please fire-up Google Earth and punch in these coordinates. You will see what Im talking about.
Is this something secret?

40"26'19.05 N 113*16'50.28 W

It seems like a military airfield of some sort

It's part of Dugway Proving Ground. Just another fake runway with planes, setup for training purposes. They are scattered around Nellis/Tonopah Test Range area as well.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Now, for future pictures of these, how can upload a screenshot in the future here?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infocon_delta

Numerous ways.
I suggest get a free account on www.photobucket.com
Scale your screenshot to an appropriate size, and upload it to photobucket.
Then click the "Insert an Image" button when you post, and paste in the link to the photobucket image.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is just an image test

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Looks like its meant to appear to be 4 Su-21s and 2 Su-27 flankers.

Proabably for testing all manner of equipment.

Jensy

top topics

join