It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a BLIZZARD outside my house!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
BAH! HUMBUG!

Snowing and blowing so much I can't see across the street.
This is BS.
It's FALL!
It's Halloween!
I'm not ready yet...

Why oh why did I have to predict snow before October 31???
Damn squirrels hiding nuts, damn geese flying south...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Oh Access, already? How much snow are you supposed to get? I can just see all of the skeleton head decorations peering out over the tops of the snow banks.

Grab a good hot chocolate and a warm blanket and relax.

I love, love, love the snow, well, not this early of course, but it just seems like we don't get much of it at all anymore in Indiana. Last full blown blizzard for us was 1978. Jeez that was fun.

Rush

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

We didn't get much, but the ground and trees are all white like a freakin' Christmas card. I had to go out and run errands,of course..

I had two pairs of socks on, boots, a sweater under my winter coat, scarf and gloves.
The wind was blowing snow so bad you had to look down at your feet while walking, cause you couldn't see with snowflakes blowing in your eyes.
I walked 4 miles in the stupid stuff. BLECH!
Mother nature can kiss my patootie.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I would gladly trade places with you for a few days. Our last snow was in 1987 and then only about 4 inches. I've only seen snow here twice in my lifetime here.

I go to the mountains every winter to play in the snow. I'm sure it would be very different and not always enjoyable if I lived in snow country.

I am packing up a big box of Georgia sunshine and warmth and sending it to you. It is 82 F here today.

Would love to see some pictures if you get a chance to take any.

Stay warm and keep your feet dry.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
THANK YOU!

I hate the idea of cranking my heat up already...EEEK!
I should have taken pics this morning..it's all blown off the trees now, and mixed with mud and leaves looks just yucky.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Mmmmmmmm......... SNOW! Sounds like snuggling weather to me!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Mmmmmmmm......... SNOW! Sounds like snuggling weather to me!

I've got hot cocoa if you bring the marshmallows.

Seriously, my neighbors little boy, he's about 5-6..industrious little bugger...went around shoveling as much snow as he could, and when I went to go out this evening to a movie, I was greeted outside by Frosty the Snowman, which was almost as tall as the boy himself.
It was cute.. but I still say..
Bah! Humbug!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I finally talked the wife into letting me turn our heat on today.

Low of 31 tonight, no way I was waking up freezing to death in the morning. :shk:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I loathe winter.

I was used to 100 degree weather almost daily, but then i comes to the US and im greeted by -10 degrees and -12 wind chill....

It still hasnt snowed here, and i hope it stays that way

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Trade you my -2 for your 31.....

After you convert from C to F it's close to that anyways.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falken
I loathe winter.

I was used to 100 degree weather almost daily, but then i comes to the US and im greeted by -10 degrees and -12 wind chill....

It still hasnt snowed here, and i hope it stays that way

How's about a windchill factor of -40?
Welcome to my world.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I took a nice walk in it. It's unsettling to see snow in Oct, but I love this time of year. It's official: this winter will be at least as bad as last. The snow started to fly around exactly the same time so that's my prediction.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
I took a nice walk in it. It's unsettling to see snow in Oct, but I love this time of year. It's official: this winter will be at least as bad as last. The snow started to fly around exactly the same time so that's my prediction.

Are you in "The Big Smoke?"
"T.O.?"
I didn't realize it was snowing that far south of me. I heard Muskoka was getting it.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And I shall predict that we will not get much snow at all. I miss it, in The last ten years we've only had a few decent storms.

But AD, you poor thing, I'd be freezing my #@# off. That's too cold!!! I was griping about how cold it is here..30's and 40's.....I'm not going to gripe anymore.

Rush

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OK, so here we are almost a month later, and I'm DEFINITELY more into the spirit of the season now.
I went out early this morning, and took these pics from the nature trail behind my house.
For the record, the "POLAROID" effect..I did on picnik.com.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I almost never ever ever ever ever do the one up thing...

but this is the one time I do...I lived for 6 years in Minot North Dakota (thank you USAF)

that was some unbelievable weather...-60 for a month straight...snow snow snow....which makes me want to ask...where ar eyou AD?

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
I almost never ever ever ever ever do the one up thing...

but this is the one time I do...I lived for 6 years in Minot North Dakota (thank you USAF)

that was some unbelievable weather...-60 for a month straight...snow snow snow....which makes me want to ask...where ar eyou AD?

-Kyo

Average temp here in the winter is -18 to -30. WITHOUT the wind chill.
I'm in Central/Northern Ontario Canada.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
OK, OK..UNCLE!

It's been snowing for over a week straight. Forecast is for a major storm today and more over the next three days!
ENOUGH ALREADY!
Whomever I ticked off..APOLOGIES.
I said I wanted a white Christmas..OK I GOT IT! THANKS!YOU CAN STOP NOW!
The kids are happy sledding and making snowmen. The skiers and snowboarders are happy to hit the hill a MONTH EARLY. The snowmobilers are revving their engines....I THINK WE'RE GOOD TO GO NOW!

Better start saving up for that dogsled, and practicing...MUSH :shk:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
November 30, 2008

Still not a single little teeny tiny snowflake here.

Rush

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
December 1, 2008

Finally! It's just a dusting, but I'll take it.

Rush

How ya doing up there Access? I know you're tired of it.

<<   2 >>

join