It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 558
<< 555  556  557    559  560  561 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What will that do to property prices nationwide, and therefore owners and lenders perceived value/capital , household wealth, the dollar, etc...

???

[edit on 25-10-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The problem is that you get stuck with the property taxes and I don't think the properties are even worth the taxes that are owed.<

Yeah I know. But still, let's say im a billionaire, and i want to do a bet... i buy all of those 9000 houses, level them or renovate them, depends on the house...then ``when the markets/economy`` goes back up, you make tons of money... that or level those houses and sell the land to government in a few years...or sell it to chineses businessmans looking for a place to build slavefactories... and im half kidding.

But to do that, you need to believe that the economy will go back up real soon... Maybe GreenBigMac's dad could make that deal since he believes that the economy will be the strongest economy ever real soon...

And curioustype, it might affect a little the prices of real estate all across the US, but i doubt it, will mostly affect the already bottomless area of Detroit and Michigan as a whole... so it's making things worse...

I think if everything hasn't collapsed yet next summer, im gonna go in Detroit and do a documentary... or some end of the world movie... or just survival training...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thinking about it, surely with the figures you provided, it makes sense perhaps for the state, to return, at least for the purposes of habitation, the properties to the owners/inhabitants that defaulted, give them their homes back - for $500? Think of the knock on cost to society of making them homeless...may help turn things around/postpone sale, until (hopefully) the value and saleability are more auspiciously positioned? $500?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by curioustype

Indeed. But do elected official ever make sense? Especially corrupt ones? They only make sense in their corruption. And the original owners of those houses not even bidding... either they were not allowed by law... or they just don't want to live there anymore... a sign of the time... but me thinks this is forbidden by law.

But still, yes, it would be better for everybody else to have their homes back, but I guess the banks ``can't do that``... or people would stop paying their mortgage or some other made up reason.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It would be against the idea that one must earn his living. They will never do it.
This behavior leaves them in feeling they are in right - they, whoever decides about who gets what.

For the same reason they destroy surplus food, and let people starve to death, and criminalize them...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Anyone who rides this market is either akin to a world-class poker player, stark raving mad, or in cahoots with GS. Which is it?

I want to be remembered as stark raving mad. That sounds so cool. I can hear it now, ''Oy! He's mad! Mad I tell ya!!!!''

I got out of the box earlier than Balloon Boy. I sold and went short on the last day of Q3. This upward momentum is just the final fizzle. The really big traders are burning it out. They are sticking somebody with the long term bag to hold. The Unidentified Financial Object is drifting and about to crash.

Remember that plane landing in the water in NY earlier this year? Same sort of news hoax. The pilot was the most perfect pilot for the occasion. He was an old guy, a safety instructor, and a water landing genius. Remember that? Safe landing. The market took off.

Now we got Balloon Boy getting out of the box, and then going into the upper room. He got into the box, but got out of the box before the drift/crash. He was in the upper room playing with his Jesus & 12 Disciples action hero set. LOL!
I made up that part.... I'm stark raving mad!

And now for my finale....

The Garbage Triangle.............
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcf83a0d8998.jpg[/atsimg]
Actually, GreenBigMac, the right side of the triangle is a bitty garbagey. I drew that picture too quickly and went a moon too far with the timing.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
NYC markets open in a few hours. Everyone strapped in and ready?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You got it, my friend the influx of foreign investors specially from China has inundated our nations real state the the government and the news has been very good at hiding the real state parties and tours for foreign investors going on around the Nation.

Very soon is going to be about who really owns your property.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think this article "The Coming Financial Time Bomb, By Ilan Moscovitz, October 25, 2009" from The Motley Fool website (fool.com) Linkneatly provides another revealing angle on what is happening?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by curioustype]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Here's yet another person, respected in his field, economist, type issuing warning about the markets being overheated

S&P 500 Overvalued by 40%, Set to Fall

Oct. 26 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Standard & Poor’s 500 Index is about 40 percent overvalued and headed for a drop as central banks pull back on securities purchases that pushed up asset prices, according to economist Andrew Smithers.

Declines are also likely because banks will need to sell more shares to raise capital and restore their financial health, the economist and president of research firm Smithers & Co. said in an Oct. 23 interview at Bloomberg’s Tokyo office. A 40 percent tumble from the S&P 500’s price at the end of last week of 1,079.60 would take the gauge to 647.76, below its March low.

“Markets are very vulnerable to an end of quantitative easing,” said Smithers, 72, who recommended avoiding stocks in 2000 just as the U.S. benchmark entered a two-year bear market. “Central banks, they’ve got to stop some time and if that happens everything will come down.”

Bloomberg

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Market just began another decline.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

What in the heck is going on? I stop watching the Dow today because the media's propaganda on the national emergency was getting too much to watch, so I guess I missed all the fun, thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm with you marg! ALL the MS were PUMPING out the gloom n' doom about the flu but the local San Antonio news simply said that "flu cases in the city were down considerably from last week..."
It's truly bizarro world.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

All people needs to do to wake up to the biggest hoax in this nation is how Mexico been the ground zero for the supposedly swine flu outbreak has done since last year and without vaccinations.

You don't hear anymore anything coming out of Mexico, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's the same on the Canadian news channels today too. H1N1 hysteria. They're pushing the vaccine really hard and assuring everyone it's perfectly safe, which isn't proven. I guess they can only say that because you can't take any kind of legal action if you end up getting hurt by it.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Then again why if it was so safe, Nations around the world are having their own bashes made without the poison that they will be giving to the public for the elites in power.

I will get the vaccine but I want the same treatment as the elite in the nation.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I haven't heard about special vaccines for 'elites' but I have read the package inserts for the vaccines, and they do contain harmful ingredients. They also have had insufficient testing. In clinical trials they only followed up for 21 days which is nothing really, and there was no follow up on whether or not the vaccine is even effective in preventing contracting the virus.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 26-10-2009 by DantesPeak]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dow is diving

Fresh Doom

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Trust me is a few threads on the topic as we speak the same makers of the vaccine are making concessions for the few.

I guess what money can buy this days.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing, been watching the DOW plummet from start up this morning - but here in the UK I check BBC and Sky main news web sites and see NOTHING whatsoever about the markets, THAT bankrupcy, Citibank, etc...it's all peripheral and somewhat historic stories (Karadzic War Trial, Libiya Apology, etc...)

PS - Not a lot here about swine flu, although I am aware that UK seems to be having a bit of another wave...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by curioustype]

new topics

top topics

<< 555  556  557    559  560  561 >>

join