It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 497
<< 494  495  496    498  499  500 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nice. China ``recovery`` is doing well? Doesn't matter that their electrical usage is down down down...the real proof of their non-recovery.

Few fixes for Florida's insolvent unemployment benefits fund

The fund that Florida uses to pay unemployment benefits officially ran dry this week. A victim of under­funding, it became overwhelmed by the prolonged recession and the pressure to meet benefit needs brought on by the state's 10.7 percent jobless rate.

This is not going well...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nice. China ``recovery`` is doing well? Doesn't matter that their electrical usage is down down down...the real proof of their non-recovery.

Few fixes for Florida's insolvent unemployment benefits fund

That is ironic that you mentioned that because I met Alex Sink, the CFO of Florida recently at a dinner that FPL was throwing and my firm was there. She was very nice, but she must be very stressed out. And not only because Tallahassee sucks!

On the other note, can you give me a link for the Chinese electrical usage down headline of yours? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Other than the short term profit you would have made, you may have the same opp. down the line..

Although P&F Charts are showing a triple top breakout to 9 and those are usually deadly accurate

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Now here's the ultimate "Better than Expected" garbage...what...they expected total failure?

Frontline Profit Drops 91%, Beating Analyst Estimates (Update2)
www.bloomberg.com...

Aug. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Frontline Ltd., the world’s largest operator of supertankers, said second-quarter profit tumbled 91 percent, better than analysts expected, as falling oil demand and production curbed earnings. The shares jumped 6.5 percent.

Net income fell to $27.8 million, or 36 cents a share, from $318.4 million, or $4.25, a year earlier, Hamilton, Bermuda- based Frontline said today in a statement. That beat the $6 million average estimate of 10 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Operating revenue fell to $281.5 million, from $547.5 million.

“The challenge will not get any easier as world oil inventories remain record high while the onslaught of new ships continues to flood the market,” Martin Sommerseth Jaer, an analyst at Arctic Securities in Oslo who recommends selling the shares, said before the report. “Frontline did really well to hold up its rates in the quarter.”

In comparison this look good...

Lukoil Second-Quarter Profit Falls 44% to $2.32 Billion, Beating Estimates
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8156276e30d.gif[/atsimg]

What happens next depends on the tradititional comparison with daily charts that showed a 95% similar condition. I don't have them, but the trend may put the LR into the positive slope. The point where LR will intersect the PC line will move toward pm hours. But the beginning of the LR will be bellow PC and the buy/sell crude strategy will reverse itself: buy at 10:00 and sell at 3:00.

Mr. Goldman always says that a picture is the best orator. But when you describe events sitting in the future, you need to wait till the future arrives to take a snapshot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d53dcd9b42dd.gif[/atsimg]

fortune telling on this level
takes a pencil and the devil

So there is something in the rumor that Mr. Goldman has signed up with the Unholy. That's why he is often mentioned here.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Looks like smooth sailing today. Keep her pointed up into the wind and watch the Jib.

Crude may see some support from a storm out of Africa next week. September favors Cape Verde hurricanes and we have not had any threats to the Gulf of Mexico so far this year.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The mood at NIKKEI switched to a cautiously positive state today with the winners vs. losers ratio 2 to 1. The index gained 0.57% probably reacting to the latest unemployment figure in Japan that stands at 5.7%.

The big gainer was Casio Computer Co, which shares appreciated by amazing 8.5%. That signals that computer-guided trading is the only way to make NIKKEI rise and shine the way US markets do.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Other than the short term profit you would have made, you may have the same opp. down the line..

Although P&F Charts are showing a triple top breakout to 9 and those are usually deadly accurate

I think the crossing of the lower EMA over the higher EMA is doing its short term worse to WMT since it has been down considerably for WalMart (like 2% in two days?) Anyway that is a lot considering WMT moves like .05% every 10 yrs...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Actually 10:30 would be a better time mark to buy in the long run -- if you set things on the autopilot. Obviously, this is a nutty way to trade for real, but with enough money, a perfect link to the floor, and stat to back the tricks, you can make a couple of millions in one year just waiting for the right time to score.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

If 9500 holds we will have a rising bottom on the Dow from yesterday. FAS looks overpriced given the risk, so I'm not giving specific market recommendations.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Holy crap I just got back to my computer. The markets have made a 180 degree turn. And look at AIG, it was up 18% today and is now down like 2%. Jesus...or should I say Goldman.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

im telling ya, 50 is still the target, today it bounced off the 20 daily ema and made a nice comeback.. its still in bullflag.. anywhere IMO is a good spot here but I would try to get in the morning bc it always seems to open low for some reason... IMO its so money

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Damn so look how many times we have made it into this cone formation

I think this is pretty much the DEFINITION of RANGEBOUND

You could have played for this everyday and made some decent coin..

This has been happening for OVER 1 MONTH now

www.sierrachart.com...

IMO this is ALSO the DEFINITION of STAIRSTEP.. very good example

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Holy crap I just got back to my computer. The markets have made a 180 degree turn. And look at AIG, it was up 18% today and is now down like 2%. Jesus...or should I say Goldman.

We must investigate . . .

The biggest loser right now is McDonalds. Is this what drags the Dow to the bottom? If so, then there has to be a reason . . .

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Naw, that can't be it. You throw UP not DOWN.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Uncharted territory. . . .

I wouldn't bet a dime on this development, but that's the best estimate on the options palette.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9526b91b632.jpg[/atsimg]

Something is steering the market -- and it's big.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Funny article:

money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The market keeps chugging along. But with speculative stocks like AIG and Vonage leading the way, you have to wonder if the rally won't soon go off the rails like Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train. Ay-Ay-Ay!

AIG (AIG, Fortune 500) is up more than 260% this month for no apparent good reason. Shares of Internet phone company Vonage (VG) had quadrupled this week before pulling back Friday. Apparently, Google's renewed interest in online voice chatting was viewed as a potential boost for Vonage -- even though the opposite is probably true since Google (GOOG, Fortune 500) tends to squash competition like grapes.

Some investing pros worry that day traders have taken control of the market thanks to light volume in the waning days of summer.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

** STANDER **

** WCH **

**RR**

I need your help for a second, should be easy for you.

I am guessing you are familiar with math and such very well dealing with angles.

I am attempting to program a new "super" program, one that is so accurate I will not be stopped (hopefully haha lol!!)

But seriously, I need help with the

1. COSH Function in Excel

- Basically I have no idea what anything means when it comes to this and if you could outline or send me excel data with an example of a formula etc.. and what it all actually means - Remember, I am really not that bright, I am just good at pattern recognition really IMO and that is all.. takes me forever to really understand stuff like this

2. INVERSE FISHER TRANSFORMATION

- What is this exactly? Would it be useful as a trend predictor? Same as above, have no idea what its about, like 0 knowledge

3. CORRELATION COFFICIENT (excel code "CORREL")

- If I am understanding this properly, it gives me a relationship between two properties.. ok, but what does this really mean lol?

- In the Excel example it says:
- CORREL ([3,2,4,5,6] , [9,7,12,15,17])
- And in the example the answer to this is .997054

- What does this mean, and what is it exactly analyzing?

I appreciate the help, if this works whoever can help me will be paid back in spades of course bc i always remember my friends, but I need to be a bit smarter in math and trig - well not a bit, more like a lot, but anyways thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

HEY HEY HEY ..... you're violating the T&C of ATS buddy!

This is an English only board! .. I think your speaking greek.. or in tongues..

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Could the *confidence factor* be the culprit?

...Or...is Mr Goldman in distress today?

Dow Jones Industrial Average 9,556.14 3:28pm ET Down 24.49 (0.26%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 1,030.55 3:29pm ET Down 0.43 (0.04%)

Nah...he's getting better by the minute...

[edit on 8/28/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

omg tell me about it

if i would have had my vyvanse in high school man and through college im tellin ya i could have had my masters in you name it, but seriously, i could have skipped 7-12th grade altogether and still known as much math as i do right now lol

<< 494  495  496    498  499  500 >>

join