It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 500
<< 497  498  499    501  502  503 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
gold is looking pretty good right now...but it's so hard to sleep on it under my mattress...must get used to the lumps. well, there are alot of people calling for a fall this fall, so it shouldn't be a surprise when it happens.

That is precisely why it won't happen. Crashes don't happen when every dumb ass is calling for one.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
What is the best way to blow up really fast trading stock indexes?
I want to get mad fat leverage. Is it proprietary trading?

I do not want to make day trades.
I want to make trades that last for several weeks or up to several months.

I am self educated in occult cycles. It has taken over a decade to decipher these secrets and I am now wanting to put them into action.

Please tell me what company will provide insane leverage for highly accurate trades that are near perfection such as.... shorting October 2007... going long March 2003... going long March 2009.... shorting September 10, 2001 (Yes. It was predictable.).........

Can I get 200:1 leverage similar to forex currency trading? But on stocks.

Option trading is too sketchy. Futures is too sketchy.
I want to have outright long positions in stock or inverse index ETFs leveraged to the hilt.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

You are most likely going to get hardcore f'd on that deal maine

Some ETF's worse than others - just play spy or sso or whatever the inverse is

I know where you can get 100,000 on 5,000 or 20:1 leverage - you can pm me

Edit: Futures contracts would be much more profitable and easy to manage if you really believe in letting it ride -

I have a better idea - just look to see what is in rotation for that day on the heat map and play that etf when the market dips and play the inverse when it is short term overextended

In fact there are a 1000 better ideas than what you are thinking not to be mean

[edit on 30-8-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Now how would we from this data figure out the projected path and slope of the EMA and how would we find out if the price actually violates this curb one way or another using these types of analysis?

Hope this makes sense.. I can take screenshots of my automated excel sheet if needed for more clarity

I don't have the slightest idea. But there are guys who are using the method with Forex. You may knock on the door here
www.forexfactory.com...
and ask around.

The prospect of having an algorithm do the trading is pleasing. So your computer makes like 500 trades on a particular day. The guys who hook you up love this, coz they charge up to 40 cents per trade.

There was a guy who backtested bunch of Forex software and found out that only a couple of them were showing some profit.
It's a jungle out there.

[edit on 8/30/2009 by stander]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Happy 500th "Up-to-the-Minute Market Data" thread!!!

Oh yeah...more "Good News"...

U.S. credit card issuers pare lending limits
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Millions of Americans have already seen their credit card limits shrink, and millions more face the same fate as lenders prepare for tougher U.S. consumer protection rules.

Since the financial crisis deepened a year ago, credit card companies have been closing millions of inactive accounts, cutting credit limits and raising interest rates to cushion themselves from record loan losses.

This is just the beginning of the biggest shake-up in the credit card industry in at least 20 years, analysts said.

Credit Suisse analyst Moshe Orenbuch estimated available credit card lines will be cut by about 20 percent, or $1.2 trillion, in coming months, and warned that "further cuts could result from the provisions of the new credit card law."

Meredith Whitney, one of Wall Street's best known and most bearish bank analysts, forecast that unused credit card lines will be cut by $2.7 trillion, or around 50 percent, by the end of 2010.

"Much of the credit line reduction to date has been driven by inactive account elimination, and I think in some respect you are seeing now a contraction in credit lines to individuals that are active," said Sanjay Sakhrani, an analyst at KBW.

Japan DPJ Election Win Brings ‘Bloodless Revolution’ (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 8/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

My old Cassiopeia has pocket EXCEL which I used a few times for archiving market order data but its not connected to the net and wouldn't handle 1,000,000 lines of code LOL. Even a fast desktop machine only has enough capacity to draw the Forest but never all the trees.

When we talked about program trading before, it seemed the biggest problem was that insider traders manipulated the market using inside information independent traders do not have access too. The big firms that have the capital to move whole markets not just individual stocks probably compete with each other which does add some confusion to market manipulation. There must be some cooperation and master plan between Goldman and the other major props though otherwise why would "preferred customers" sign up and pay a premium to receive timing information?

Microsoft got nailed by the Justice department for monopolizing the software business because they sent out very explicit Emails explaining how they planed on conquering the software world. You want to be careful who you PM with especially now that you are under consideration by a prop.

You read about these millionaires buying up expensive works by Davinci and Michelangelo then inviting their wealthy friends over for a private showing. You could probably get more valuable insider trading tips serving coffee at one of those events rather than subscribing to any of these market timing services. When was the last time Clint Eastwood showed up with his .44 Magnum at a wine and cheese party?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was just watching a FOX program with "Talking Heads" going on about "Clash for Cluckers"...

The Liberal "Head" kept repeating it was targeted at the middle class...

Right...700K+ middle class Americans had enough stashed back to out-right buy a Car???

NOT

They just gave away their paid-off Car for pennys on the dollar to a Commodity Broker, took on new debt at probably even higher interest and then paid a double tax on it...

Great idea... :shk:

Clunkers: Good for Detroit, better for Japan
money.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
You read about these millionaires buying up expensive works by Davinci and Michelangelo then inviting their wealthy friends over for a private showing.

I don't like these private gallery exhibitions. You can't even turn around these days. Wealth protection very strict . . .
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I just love the "Sunday Funnies"...
...Talk about influencing Investor sediment... :shk: ...can you say, "Burn the Shorts?"

Stocks brace for September
money.cnn.com...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- With stocks now sitting more than 50% above March lows and notorious rally-spoiler September in sight, the calls for a pullback have been getting louder.

But the momentum of the stock rally and other signs of optimism in the economy might just keep investors buying.

"We're up sharply from the lows, moving into the seasonally weak September through October period and everyone is talking about a correction," said Rick Campagna, chief investment officer at 300 North Capital. "And that's why it won't happen."

~
On the docket

Monday: The Chicago PMI, one of the more closely-tracked regional readings on manufacturing, is due in the morning. The index is expected to have risen to 47.2 in August from 43.4 in July, according to a Briefing.com survey of economists. That puts the index closer to the 50 level that indicates growth in the sector.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wait a second..................

Everyone is talking about a correction which is why it won't happen, right??

But everyone is also saying that since everyone is talking about a correction it won't happen........so does that really mean a correction will happen???

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Ah...the old double negative eh? Reverse Reverse Psychology?

www.imdb.com...

[trying to confuse an android]

Captain Kirk: Harry lied to you, Norman. Everything Harry says is a lie. Remember that, Norman. *Everything* he says is a lie.

Harcourt Fenton Mudd: Now I want you to listen to me very carefully, Norman. I'm... lying.

Norman: You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because you always lie... illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human; only humans can explain! Illogical!

Captain Kirk: I am not programmed to respond in that area.

~

Chekov: I think we're in a lot of trouble.

Captain Kirk: That's a great help, Mr. Chekov. Bones?

McCoy: I think Chekov's right, we are in a lot of trouble.

Captain Kirk: Spock, and if you say we're in a lot of trouble...

Spock: We are.

Chief!...I demand the "Cone of Silence!"

And speaking of negative...

Bankers watch as Swedish interest rates goes subzero
edition.cnn.com...

# Swedish Riksbank is the world's first central bank to have negative interest rates
# Move is designed to encourage commercial banks to boost lending
# Bank of England governor has hinted he may follow the Swedish example
# Fears are rising of a liquidity trap, where cash from banks don't filter to economy

Hmmm...if that hit's here, with all that Reserve Fund money locked up...

Trying to force the Banks to loan...

Think that might lead to some Inflation???

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Wait a second..................

Everyone is talking about a correction which is why it won't happen, right??

But everyone is also saying that since everyone is talking about a correction it won't happen........so does that really mean a correction will happen???

The mediocre money managers are talking "correction" to get a piece of pie in a safe mode: a nice week-long pullback -- no funny moves. These stock peddlers die from envy watching how a portion of the printed money designed to give a face-lift to the economy winds up in the fast hands of those folks who are ten times smarter then Bernanke -- and the market gains weight in the process! So they talk about a "correction" trying to trigger some selling the way they know the best. Those stupidos don't understand that Mr. Goldman will not share his loot with others unless he falls briefly into charitable mood. That happens about once in ten years.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Commodity & FX Markets opening...

USD/JPY 93.24
USD/EURO 143.18
USG/GBP 162.79

Gold $954.45

Oil $72.86

Freedom Communications Expected to Declare Bankruptcy
online.wsj.com...

Orange County Register owner Freedom Communications Inc. is expected to declare bankruptcy this week, according to people familiar with the situation, the latest in a string of Chapter 11 filings in the battered newspaper business.

The Irvine, Calif.-based Freedom, which has been majority owned for more than 70 years by the Hoiles family, has reached agreements with its lenders to restructure its debts, according to these people.

With annual sales of about $700 million, Freedom owns the Orange Country Register and more than 30 other daily newspapers and eight television stations.

Overstretched Financials Held by 'Vapor': Analysts
www.cnbc.com...

Citi investors should take profits: Barron's
www.reuters.com...

AIG shares look overpriced: Barron's
www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
OK, I don't know how much people in this thread trust Roubini's ramblings but I will post his latest prediction.

Double Dip Recession Looming?

www.ft.com...

Many experts has been talking about the U shape recession, others favor the V shape one, and some goes as far as the W shape recession.

But The thing is that with all the propaganda that is been given by the government and the media the real issues affecting what it cause the recession to begin with in the US has not been addressed at all

So Roubini Is now claiming this

Roubini does not see the immediate threat of the W-shaped recession. However, he does believe that the U.S. will be caught in a prolonged U-shaped recession for some time.

Unemployment is already too high and continues to grow, and the financial system is still largely insolvent – having only been saved by government intervention. Furthermore, the U.S. current account deficit – driven by our trade imbalances – is more than any economy can overcome.

All told Roubini sees seven characteristics which will impede long-term growth and could lead to a “double-dip.” Without major changes to current policy, the “recovery” being promoted by the media and government will be very short-lived

www.economyincrisis.org...

I kind of feel that is some truth in those statements.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I Kinda like the upside down "Check Mark"...

and the "Cliffs of Dover" type scenarios...

An Ill Wind Blows From Japan
market-ticker.org...

Lehman faces up to $100bn in claims
www.ft.com...

Lehman Brothers’ European businesses plan to lodge claims for as much as $100bn against their former holding company in the coming weeks, as the winding up of the collapsed US bank gathers pace.

The filing of the demands, which are being prepared by PwC, represents the opening of another front in the battle to recoup billions of dollars from Lehman Brothers, following its bankruptcy almost a year ago.

Tony Lomas, a partner with PwC – which is acting as administrator of the defunct investment bank’s main European operations – described the range of claims as “exceptionally complex”. Many relate to past guarantees that the former parent company issued to its global subsidiaries, Mr Lomas said.

Guess that's why everyone was TRYING to "Jumping Ship" in Cidatal before they started locking gates in their funds???

Citadel files Lehman-linked claim
www.ft.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I tell you so much fights going on behind the scenes people seems to be scrambling for money.

Japan is not doing very good eitherthey are having problems with unemployment also, I guess the cash for clunkers benefited them somewhat thanks to the generosity of the American taxpayer.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hmmm...

DJIA FV Futures 9535.2 9516.0 -19.20

S&P FV Futures 1028.03 1025.2 -2.83

Gold $955.85

NZSE 50 3,119.719 6:24PM ET Up 10.377 (0.33%)

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate
reply to post by GreenBicMan

My old Cassiopeia has pocket EXCEL which I used a few times for archiving market order data but its not connected to the net and wouldn't handle 1,000,000 lines of code LOL. Even a fast desktop machine only has enough capacity to draw the Forest but never all the trees.

When we talked about program trading before, it seemed the biggest problem was that insider traders manipulated the market using inside information independent traders do not have access too. The big firms that have the capital to move whole markets not just individual stocks probably compete with each other which does add some confusion to market manipulation. There must be some cooperation and master plan between Goldman and the other major props though otherwise why would "preferred customers" sign up and pay a premium to receive timing information?

Microsoft got nailed by the Justice department for monopolizing the software business because they sent out very explicit Emails explaining how they planed on conquering the software world. You want to be careful who you PM with especially now that you are under consideration by a prop.

You read about these millionaires buying up expensive works by Davinci and Michelangelo then inviting their wealthy friends over for a private showing. You could probably get more valuable insider trading tips serving coffee at one of those events rather than subscribing to any of these market timing services. When was the last time Clint Eastwood showed up with his .44 Magnum at a wine and cheese party?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

Thats interesting you say that.

I would never do my algorithms on US EQUITIES

You think I would be crazy to do that with L2 Games being played, I would never, and NEVER WILL KNOW how to beat the MM's, unless I become one sometime lol

Futures are the most fair - zero sum game IMO - and there are no games or any dictated spreads - just highest bid lowest ask and its actually 10 deep now on both sides (Depth of Market)

I can win in that game, and have already done programs that beat the SP500 annualized return by a few % per year, but that isn't good enough to impress the big boys in chicago.

Thats why I am back on my mission to make my high frequency trading program, that I have been working on for about 44.5 out of the last 48 hours hahaha.. no sleep

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Thats true, infact they want you to short into a big news week (THIS WEEK) so they can take you for everything you thought you knew.

This is too easy for them, imagine just sitting up in alaska and just have crazy salmon swimming under your igloo all day long while you sit with the roor - about the same thing, and its easier for them than catching fish

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

yeah dude there are about 10000 FOREX SCAMS!!!!!

watch yourself - never pay for anything haha

and i have already made multiple algorithmic trading programs that each yield over 8% per year, but i am going back to my old high freq trading program I got upset with and "re-opening" that thing back up and pushing it to the limit (scarface style)

And yes, its about 100-200 trades a day - but that is on the xx tick chart or like 250 volume charts etc..

But yes, IMO everything is a fractal of itself repeating all the time, you should see what I have come up with so far its actually pretty genius IMO - I just have to figure out how to not hit the xth sigma....

new topics

top topics

<< 497  498  499    501  502  503 >>

join