It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by question_reality
theres another that was missed...PSD, presidential security detail.

My old clearance, TOP SECRET-SIOP/ESI also seemed to be missing from the list. Maybe they've changed over the years.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What about (NOC) I did not see that one up there.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by question_reality
theres another that was missed...PSD, presidential security detail.

My old clearance, TOP SECRET-SIOP/ESI also seemed to be missing from the list. Maybe they've changed over the years.

what were you psychological operations?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
SIOP / ESI stands for "Single Integrated Operation Plan / Exceptionally Sensitive Information".

In other word, pre-canned war plans.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nice list, if a bit basic.
It can go really deep, and several pages long if you go into subsets, nested subsets, and "special circumstances".
It's no wonder the agencies can't find their ***** with both hands when you get into the complexity of security clearances---agency-department-project-project department-project departmentalisation subset working groups-etc ad infatum.
Not to mention supervisory compartments needing specific communication authorisation within,around and through, and "special curcumstances" where one needs a one off bit from another subset of working group.

I'll bet the authorisation for some bits of a supposed reverse engineering program from 1945 are just being delivered to the requesters 25 years after they died.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Acronym Definition

TS-RD ~ Top Secret/Restricted Data

TS/C ~ TS/C Top Secret/Collateral

TS/SBI ~ Top Secret/Special Background Investigation

TS/SCI ~ Top Secret - Sensitive Compartmented Information

TS/SI ~ Top Secret/Sensitive Information
TS/SI ~ Top Secret/Special Intelligence

TS/SSBI ~ Top Secret/Single Scope Background Investigation

Here is what I would like to know -

TS/TK ~ ? Top Secret

TI Advisory Group ~ ?

(S) SPECIAL DISTIBUTION CAT(K)

(S) SIMBER-GRAY VICTOR DIVISION

(TS/RD) LANL/DIVISION-Z10

EXEMPTION (M)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i dont know if any one already posted this...(i honestly skipped like 6 pages)...but technically there's only three types of clearences.....

confidential
secret
top-secret

everything else is just the "need to know" tacked onto the end...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTrekCowboy

TS/TK is Talent-Keyhole.....goes along with SI...well at least I was briefed into TK/SI at the same time.

Ive never heard of the rest of those.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Are any of these clearances China proof?

I'm hoping most are but something tells me this may not be the case.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What does China proof mean? There is no chance in hell that anyone can hack into the Secret or Top Secret networks that the military uses. You do realize that there are 2 totally independent networks used to transmit strictly classified information? They are pretty much impossible to get into unless they want you to be there.....trust me. it took me about 3 months to get all set up, and Im supposed to be on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

Originally posted by ilovepizza
What computer program would be so secret that only 3 people can access it in the world? I know you were just using it as an example but would something really be that secret that only 3 people could access it?

Yes. There is things out there that are "limited" to as few people as possible. There are things out there so secret that no one can know about them.

Mr. M

of no one can know about them they may as well do not even exist, why bother? lol

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

Having held most all of the same clearance you have cited, While I am not sure exactly WHAT you do, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that I can identify alot of areas that you are indoctrinated into.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Enkidu

Top secret esi siop means you were probably in the military and were given access to military targeting information probably at a missile silo or on a Fleet Balistic Missile (ICBM) submarine. esi = extra sensitive information siop = single integrated operations (war plans)...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes pokeyjoe there are to but inhackable. bull spit. There are these little people called CTNs in the navy and all they to is test the militaries netowrk security

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hmmm... I am currently in the AF. And some of these classifications I have yet to hear of.

The ones I know for sure are as follows
FOUO- For Official Use Only (DoD standards, no longer needs to be labeled)

UNCLASSIFIED-Anyone can see, but by protocol should really have the need to know.

CONFIDENTIAL- Needs to have a need to know, but wont harm/jeopardize the US

SECRET-Case sensitive, must have the need to know, will cause severe damage to the US

Then there are SUB categories within SECRET:

SECRET//NOFORN-Not released to any country
SECRET//REL to .....-Released to the given country
SECRET//ROKUS-Released to the Rebublic of Korea. (South korea)

TOPSECRET It speaks for itself...

And as for this COMSEC.... Its Communications Security
Then there is OPSEC...Operations Security
COMPSEC...Computer Security

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilntShdw
Yes pokeyjoe there are to but inhackable. bull spit. There are these little people called CTNs in the navy and all they to is test the militaries netowrk security

Ok....and there are Network Warfare Squadrons in the Air Force. Whats your point?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You said they are inhackable but if these people can do it why couldn't someone with enough network experience and basic knowledge of these Military networks hack them

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SilntShdw

Will bad credit automatically disqualify you from an TS SSBI? I had a TS in 2003 but my new employer wants me to get a TS SBBI but my credit is not good.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There have been several comments concerning SIOP-ESI. The only one to get it right has been mbkennel. It is a TS extender and stands for Single Integrated Operations Plan-Extremely Sensitive Information. The SIOP is/was a part of the EWO (Emergency War Order) and does concern nuclear war plans. I carried this clearance while assigned to 8th Air Force, 43rd Strategic Wing. We had access to the DGZ (Desired Ground Zero) List and conducted revisions to the SIOP. We were also members of the Air Force HRP (Human Reliability Program). When separated from the service we were subject to a 5 to 7 year Duty and Travel Restriction. Hope this clears the air.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have an interesting question to pose... So, our commander in chief would obviously have a top secret clearance, but does his need to know extend to all classified information? Would anyone with direct control of any classified material be able to restrict the president's access based on his "need to know"?

The reason I ask this is that I've always wondered if the president could jump in Air Force One, fly to Groom Lake and say, "Show me every room in this facility and open every file cabinet". Can anyone say no to him based on "need to know"?

I'm sure there are tons of black world projects that the president has absolutely no direct knowledge of.

Logan

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join