It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does anyone know what thise Yankee white and fire clearances are for or what they have to do with? im not asking for specific info just broad info like for example they are nuke coordinates or computer crypto keys.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbcole
Jenka,

I worked for LM in Moorestown. Are you there or in VF?

Originally posted by mrjenka
Tab- I have a clearance, so do many people on here. My clearance is S/TS/SCI I work for Lockeed&Martin. And no, I can not mail anything out of the place, I can barely look at yahoo.

Currently I am in King Of Prussia, PA. Which is 25 min drive from where I live. They want me to relocate to Maryland(head quarters) but I don't know if I want too.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
Does anyone know what thise Yankee white and fire clearances are for or what they have to do with? im not asking for specific info just broad info like for example they are nuke coordinates or computer crypto keys.

Yankee white is a high clearance and so is fire. There are clearances that are themselves classified, and nuke clearances are not made public, only a selected number of people know what they are. I don't know what Yankee white is nor have I ever meet anyone that had this. Don't forget, clearance names change frequently.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Yankee White is not a clearance, it's a type of background check...like SSBI. White House photographers, secret service, pretty much everyone that works with the president on a regular basis all have a "Yankee White".

Wiki - Yankeww White

Sporty

[edit on 21/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thank you for that info and link Sporty. THe reason I probably couldnt find what it was is because I was looking for a clearane and its a backround check.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Security clearance don't really MEAN anything. As an example, while in the Navy, I was given a Top Secrect clearance. Why? you may ask. It was because I was part of the burn team that destroyed clasified documents. The funny part is, that by the time my team got the documents, they were already shreadded and double bagged. All we did is burn them.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Security clearance don't really MEAN anything

I wouldn't say that. It means alot....it means that you or whoever have had the proper background checks and can be trusted around classified material. Computers, documents, shredded papers, etc..etc... it's all sensitive controlled material that should not be trusted to just anybody.

Many people handle classified material on a daily basis, write up reports, guard material, travel with the stuff. Yeah it seems like pretty much everyone in the military these days has a security clearance of some sort.....but there are others who actually need them, both in the military, government and private sectors.

[edit on 21/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying sport, (edit, ooops I mean sporty) but the point, that I'm trying to make is that just because a person has a security clearance, does not necessarily mean that they are privy to a lot of secrets.

When I worked as a civilian for Lockheed-Martin at China Lake Naval Air Station, I had to undergo a security clearance. The reason was there were a lot of "secret squirrel" stuff going on out there. Doesn't mean that I worked on any or even saw any. I had to have the clearance in case I did see something, they could feel secure that I would keep it to myself.

[edit on 4/21/2006 by darkelf]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
darkelf, I see what you're saying now...sorry about that. I misunderstood your post....and yeah I agree man

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Schaden]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is there any such thing as a "Level" clearance or access? In The Bourne Supremacy, one high-ranking CIA employee asks the DCI (I think) for a "Level 5" access, or something like that. Is there any such thing as access or clearance levels denoted by numbers, and if so, what do they represent?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbcole
Jenka,

I worked for LM in Moorestown. Are you there or in VF?

Tab- I have a clearance, so do many people on here. My clearance is S/TS/SCI I work for Lockeed&Martin. And no, I can not mail anything out of the place, I can barely look at yahoo.

Currently I am in King Of Prussia, PA. Which is 25 min drive from where I live. They want me to relocate to Maryland(head quarters) but I don't know if I want too.

never mind.

[edit to remove something that didn't need to be pointed out]

[edit on 9-5-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So, No one ever replied to the question...

What is the Yankee Fire classification?

anyone...anyone...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpinkbullets
Is there any such thing as a "Level" clearance or access? one high-ranking CIA employee asks the DCI (I think) for a "Level 5" access,

Well, that was Hollywood so don't consider it to be written in stone or a reliable source. The closest thing that would be, is possably a floor level. Access could be restricted by people only haveing a floor key, that they have need to know for.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
So, No one ever replied to the question...

What is the Yankee Fire classification?

anyone...anyone...

Yankee Fire is a background check associated with the NRO.

Pyros

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpinkbullets
Is there any such thing as a "Level" clearance or access? In The Bourne Supremacy, one high-ranking CIA employee asks the DCI (I think) for a "Level 5" access, or something like that. Is there any such thing as access or clearance levels denoted by numbers, and if so, what do they represent?

I have seen this once before. It had to do with classified USAF programs associated with stealth technology. I was once associated with a program that had a requirement to interact with a USAF VLO asset. Access to the data collected (which revealed technical aspects and RCS data of the target) was classified "Level IV". Some other programs were classified "Level II". I did not have access to these programs, therefore I do not fully understand the security mechanisms. I don't know if these terms were associated only with specific USAF programs, with stealth in general, or with a large group of programs. I only know that they existed....

Pyros

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
The clearance itself does not reveal any specific information, only the fact that the person has that level of clearance. I could tell you right now that I have a Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS Clearance, however, you have no idea what I do for a living, right?

I know what that means. But if I talked about it. The government will be after me to find out It out

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Put the measuring sticks away fellas, the feds are not going after any one.
Especially for discussing clearances, perhaps the information that is classified but not the clearances themselves.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
This is the FULL list in it's entirety. However, some clearances are classified in themselves, and are created solely for certain projects, and designated as such. These types of clearances expire with the completion of the project or experiment. For example, the clearance to access a certain computer program may just be limited to 3 people in the world, therefore the need for specific clearances is imperative. A password and username would be delegated, and clearance set (codenamed). Upon expiration of the project, the clearance would be void.

I noticed you did not mention D, E & F clearances, or COMTAL plus a few others I shall not name.

Just out of curiosity, what is your mike rating?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Put the measuring sticks away fellas, the feds are not going after any one.
Especially for discussing clearances, perhaps the information that is classified but not the clearances themselves.

Actually.......when referencing SCI compartments, the full codeword for the "B" compartment used to be classified Confidential.

However, the B compartment was discontinued as of last March, and (alomost) all B information is controlled under TK.

Pyros

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join