It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
As far as what the abbreviations stand for, I can tell you a few.

SSBI = Single Scope Background Investigation
SCI = Special Compartmented Information
CI = Compartmented Information
SBI = Special Background Investigation

Mr. M

*and SCI is "sensitive compartmentalized information"

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

StarC, You get my WATS vote for your list.
Yankee White is the highest, and required to
"carry the football"
S.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Mr. M

Yankee White is by no means the highest. You also need more than a YW in order to carry the football.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
COSMIC Top Secret has nothing to do with aliens.

It is simply the highest level of classified information that can be shared between members of NATO. The NATO agreement calls for shared classified data of certain categories, and there are three levels of classification:

NATO Restricted
NATO Secret
COSMIC Top Secret

CTS usually involves only two trpes of information:

a) Cryptography shared between NATO members
b) NATO war fighting plans

Anything else?

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by Pyros]

CTS is also below the US Top-Secret. i.e. if you have a cosmic ts, you will not be able to view *ANY* documents classified as 'TOP SECRET' by any branch of the US Gov't

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Missed one:
Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI-Counterintelligence.

All counterintelligece is a seprate clearance from regular security. Now I think the list is complete.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

Counter-Intel is covered by the lifestyle poly

[edited excessive quote - relevant content remains]

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
When I was younger, I had a
TOP SECRET SIOP-ESI
clearance.

I can't tell you what it means without having to kill you.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
I've got a question for you guys concerning a clearance that maybe you will be able to answer for me.

My father had a secret clearance with the Air Force a while back while he was still in. He claims that he "transported supplies" in a 1-ton pickup.

I read somewhere that one is allowed to disclose secret information after some time, like years and years and years, but does anybody know exactly how long? I'm trying to find out what he really did in the Air Force.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

After the information has been deemed 'unclass'

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
When I was younger, I had a
TOP SECRET SIOP-ESI
clearance.

Did you work for SAC? SIOP (Single Intergrated Operations Plan) is a war plan for using nuclear weapons!

Tim

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
hey spoke here, just wandering if any on here still has a clearence and if they can acces the net so we could chat some time, any one have a smeill address?

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Tab- I have a clearance, so do many people on here. My clearance is S/TS/SCI I work for Lockeed&Martin. And no, I can not mail anything out of the place, I can barely look at yahoo.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
how hard would it be for me to get a job as a civilian with me having my full clearence as a crytpo?

[edit on 15-4-2006 by taborjoshjlt]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I served in the navy for 3 1/2 years onboard two different ballistic missile submarines and I had a secret clearance which is the minimum you must have onboard a submarine because everything is classified. I worked in the ships office and if need be, it would have only taken the captain's or xo signature to upgrade it top secret. Communications and anything dealing with nuclear weapons required top secret. I also worked in the travel office at FBI Headquarters for 6 1/2 years and we all had secret clearance there because of the fact we knew where everyone was going and also people talked alot inside the building.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have a question, does the POTUS have access to everything classified under the US government? Or are there some programs that are “need to know” strictly, and are therefore not made known to the POTUS? Also, if that's the case then doesn’t that violate some kind of law which makes it illegal to run military operations unbeknownst to the POTUS? I’ve always wandered about this, anyone know the answer?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
WestPoint23

Just to go along with what you asked. If there was an answer, it would fall in accordance with say, maintaining plausible deniability.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
so, I have my final clearence , I would like to work with either NSA or CIA how hard would it be for me to get a job with the agencies and how much might i get paid? or would i get a better pay check with another company? my rate is CTT I am a hybrid of CTT and EW i do both jobs.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by taborjoshjlt
so, I have my final clearence , I would like to work with either NSA or CIA how hard would it be for me to get a job with the agencies and how much might i get paid? or would i get a better pay check with another company? my rate is CTT I am a hybrid of CTT and EW i do both jobs.

If you want to check out employment with NSA just go to thier public webpage. I work at NSA have a TS/TK/SCI and work in the ELINT field.

www.nsa.gov...

[edit on 17-4-2006 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
This seems like a dangerous topic discussing Security Clearances in public, dont you think?

Nope. Go to any federal job search and it will give you listings of Security Clearances under the FAQ sections. Each job that requires Security Clearance will tell you how high you have to qualify for.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Its not necessarily a matter of clearance - its a matter of access and need-to-know.

The President is undoubtedly cleared Top Secret, like many others, however, exactly what he has access to is probably limited.

For example, he does not have a need-to-know for sensitive technical data regarding the operation and specifications of Keyhole satellites. While he may need access to the intelligence product that they provide, and maybe even their tactical capabilties, he doesn't need to know "how" they work or "what" makes them work, which is classified under separate security compartments.

Despite popular opinion, there are no "master" security clearances that gives an individual carte blanche access to all classified information. Even the Director of Central Intelligence cannot see everything, unless he has a specific need to do so.

Checks and balances at its finest. The President can't legislate or make rulings in court, but he can veto bills and pardon criminals. He can't know all the details about sensitive satellite information, but he can get information regarding intelligence reports.

It has its bad side, in that people can be doing their own secret "side projects" unknown to the rest of the government officials. It has its plus side as well, in that no single person has absolute control over everything. Checks and balances. Give and take.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
What computer program would be so secret that only 3 people can access it in the world? I know you were just using it as an example but would something really be that secret that only 3 people could access it?
From what I understand it is 4 people,my buddy is retired cryptologist and one of 4 with access,like he said once you get the clearance he is forever in CIA,password is known by 4 people

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have a relative that had a high security clearence (don;t know what type ) but he did computer programs and had armed guards with him all day long.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Jenka,

I worked for LM in Moorestown. Are you there or in VF?

Originally posted by mrjenka
Tab- I have a clearance, so do many people on here. My clearance is S/TS/SCI I work for Lockeed&Martin. And no, I can not mail anything out of the place, I can barely look at yahoo.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join