It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Caller ID 0000000000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am not sure which forum to put this on. I appologise if I made an error!

I was in the front office taking a room reservation when my phone rang in my suite. When I returned I checked my answering machine but it wasn't flashing. So no message. The caller ID on my phone was 0000000000.
I have received calls where the ID said Insuffient Data. But never seen ten zeros across the screen before. That's wierd! LOL

I used my cell phone camera to snap an image and then loaded it to my site.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've had that happen recently as well (along with 123-456-7890) on a phone I got less than 4 months ago.

I didn't answer assuming it was some kind of telemarketer.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have had this happen at work. It is usually a blocked business number that is more in the line of telemarketing. I realize they may have made a reservation, but they may have used that line from work.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It could be a prank call from a spoof card

You can make the number show up as any number. I use it sometimes to prank a buddy on his cell where the number shows up as his house phone. Or you can disguise your voice as a male (it really disfigures it and sounds pretty demonic) and just set the number to 666. They'll be scared.

That is pretty weird nonetheless, no matter what the origin of the number

edit to add: Seems to me (after further googlement) that it could've also been a telemarketer. That seems more probable.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by screamo]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nope it's actually Capital One Collections....when they call here they are always looking for a Joanne somebody...regardless of being told that they have the wrong number they continue to call.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Now Joanne, you can tell us the truth. Afterall we're all friend here right?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have had that sequence of 0's on my caller ID when Blockbuster Video called to remind me that I owe them movies!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Now Joanne, you can tell us the truth. Afterall we're all friend here right?

LOL Yeah well that's why they keep calling right...OMG I have argued and argued...can you believe they tell me I have to verify my identity to them or they will not stop calling??? Gotta love canadian laws huh?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Nope it's actually Capital One Collections....when they call here they are always looking for a Joanne somebody...regardless of being told that they have the wrong number they continue to call.

ding, winner.

I heard from a "friend" who also got this.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Credit harassment is illegal in the US. Not so in Canada?

I think the 00000000000 caller ID is a means of getting around blocking of calls with no ID. Telemarketers, politicians, etc. There are various ways to spoof the number.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My buddy has one. When he calls it sais, "Pickupthephone". The first time I saw it, I thought it was really funny. Since then I just know it's him calling.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Call a landline or cellphone from SkypeOut without having SkypeIn and it can show up as 0000000000 or 1234567890 or many other different random ways. If you have SkypeIn it'll show your SkypeIn number.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you are going to use the spoof card use the number (202) 456-1414
and use the initials GWB.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have recently dealt with a telemarketing firm. Put a stop to them real quick too thanks to Sasktel.

I kept on receiving calls from 1-866-309-7623. A different person every time claiming to be NCO Bank calling on behalf of Capital One. Anyway, they always asked for names of people who do not have my number. I told them so. Anyway, the calls escalated up to 5 times a day. But, this didn't happen until I requested that I be placed on the "No Call" list. That's when more calls came.

Anyway. I had it. Every time they called I call traced the line and then noted the time and day. All I need was 5 times from them and then I could pursue it with Sasktel. I had it in no time at all and then I spoke with Sasktel Security.

The gentleman checked the Internet and found that many others were complaining about that phone number and the harassment as well. I shared with him the times and dates I had call traced their calls. And that was what clinched it. I never received another call from those NCO folks again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I get that all the time. I answered once, and found out it is an automated message from.....

BLOCKBUSTER!!!

lol

Seriously, they are usually just automated messages. I think one I got was from Chase Bank before as well, one of those, "Congratulations for buying a $48 candybar." ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BALANCES!!! lol

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thats happened to me before. And the caller ID read 000-000-0000, exactly like that. I've actually had a bunch of calls like that.

It's usually just dead air with no one there... except this one time. That time, it started out as dead air, but then some guy that I later realized was a "mysterious" character came on the line asking for a sister.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its a skype number. I had Skype before, and if you do not purchase a personal number, thats what comes up on the caller ID. I think mine was 0010000 or something crazy like that. Usually telemarketers use Skype so people don't get a call back number.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I still get an automated caller too. Asking for Norman. I always crack up laughing because I am thinking of City Slickers and Norman the bull/steer. LOL I never let the call finish because I hang up right away.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Ok. That would make sense. I added my Skype ID on this forum today. And then I receive that weird call. With my Skype account, I also have an actual number. (Listed on my website.)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You know,I have been getting this recently as well. It seems kind of strange to me. The strangest part is that it always shows up when I am not there to answer it...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

<<   2 >>

join