It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Report by USAF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, I did a thourough search and couldn't find this here anywhere so here goes-maybe it's just so old that no one thought it worth posting?

Air Force News Special Report
Roswell Report: Case Closed

Executive Summary

In July 1994, the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force concluded an exhaustive search for records in response to a General Accounting Office (GAO) inquiry of an event popularly known as the "Roswell Incident." The focus of the GAO probe, initiated at the request of a member of Congress, was to determine if the U.S. Air Force, or any other U.S. government agency, possessed information on the alleged crash and recovery of an extraterrestrial vehicle and its alien occupants near Roswell, N.M. in July 1947.

The 1994 Air Force report concluded that the predecessor to the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army Air Forces, recovered debris from an Army Air Forces balloon-borne research project code named MOGUL. Records located describing research carried out under the MOGUL project, most of which were never classified (and publicly available) were collected, provided to GAO, and published in one volume for ease of access for the general public.

This report discusses the results of this exhaustive research and identifies the likely sources of the claims of "alien bodies" at Roswell. Contrary to allegations, many of the accounts appear to be descriptions of unclassified and widely publicized Air Force scientific achievements. Other descriptions of "bodies" appear to be actual incidents in which Air Force members were killed or injured in the line of duty.

The conclusions are:
Air Force activities which occurred over a period of many years have been consolidated and are now represented to have occurred in two or three days in July 1947.

"Aliens" observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force high altitude balloons for scientific research.

The "unusual" military activities in the New Mexico desert were high altitude research balloon launch and recovery operations. Reports of military units that always seemed to arrive shortly after the crash of a flying saucer to retrieve the saucer and "crew," were actually accurate descriptions of Air Force personnel engaged in anthropomorphic dummy recovery operations.

Claims of "alien bodies" at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were most likely a combination of two separate incidents:

) a 1956 KC-97 aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and,
) a 1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.
This report is based on thoroughly documented research supported by official records, technical reports, film footage, photographs, and interviews with individuals who were involved in these events. > More details

www.af.mil...

When in doubt go with the weather balloon or the flares story every time!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sargon, while you did post the summary page, I think it shows some ignorance
on the part of the Air Force about their potiential audience. They did a great job
in the main report and really tripped over their feet on the short version.
My excuse for them is that they were responding
to a Congressional inquiry and not to the public. (So they can't really say
what they mean without somebody getting mucho KP duty.)
I would recommend the reading of the full Executive Summary located here:

www.af.mil...

The brief conclusions you have posted do not do credit to the Air Force investigation.
I grew up in and around the area in question. The alien body stuff really is a recent invention.
When I was in high school, I used to travel regularly to Roswell. There were no
"alien" museums and tourist shops. The "only" UFO style discussions of that day
had to do with the "socorro" sighting by a police officer, which made all the local papers
and was rather widely regarded as a hoax. I never heard of the "Roswell" incident until
one of the early books on it came out, I believe in the late 70's, and almost overnight
some clever folks in Roswell figured out how to make a profit off it and keep this new
legend alive. And the legend began to grow. At one point, there were supposedly
three or four crashes around Roswell but the last time I went there, seems the
tourist traps were back to claiming only two.
To be fair to your post,
I think that it would not take much work to refute the historical references in their
(USAF) report, (pause.....) actually it took about 45 minutes but I am not really
for posting my findings because I totally agree with the conclusions in the (USAF) long version.
In summary, Sargon, I believe the USAF conclusions but for different
reasons than they give. (Worked the problem wrong but got the right answer)

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
...When I was in high school, I used to travel regularly to Roswell. There were no
"alien" museums and tourist shops. The "only" UFO style discussions of that day
had to do with the "socorro" sighting by a police officer, which made all the local papers
and was rather widely regarded as a hoax. I never heard of the "Roswell" incident until
one of the early books on it came out, I believe in the late 70's, and almost overnight
some clever folks in Roswell figured out how to make a profit off it...

Certainly Many people belive this, and consider Roswell a rather weak case.

But, NM is large and there are some alledged top secret documents which refer to some crash there in 47.

If we look at the 18 November 1952 Eisenhower briefing document, 209.132.68.98... , it mentions (pdf page 3) a crash at Walker Field.

The April 1954 SOM1-01 document 209.132.68.98... (pdf page 11) mentions crash sites (plural) between 47 and 53. It does Not mention where these crashes occured though.

So, Roswell should not be the cornerstone whereby ufology is based, it is old, many witnesses are dead, and it is from an era when there wasn't as much circulation of information, especially in an area which had the only atomic capability.

Take the Rendlesham case for example, now there's a solid ufo case. Could be a man-made military craft of course, but at least the witnesses are coherent ex-military who were in the military at the time, they are alive, there is radar data, recorded tapes, and (I haven't seen these yet) pics and video.

Here's a alledged 1947 army air force top secret doc pages.infinit.net... about a crash near Victorio Peak NM .. what do you think about that one?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There is GOOD reason why Roswell remains the Holy Grail of UFOs...

1. It remains the ONLY time that the US GOVERNMENT came out and said, WE CAPTURED A FLYING SAUCER. This was an official release from the Army press corps. Now what the hell tops that?

2. Numerous (dozens) of eye witnesses, from professional walks of life that would have been involved.

3. The Air Force's story really smacks math in the face. The bodies seen in 1947 were either from a crash in '56 or '59??? Was someone sleeping in math class???

4. Numerous deathbed confessions, still admissable in court, as to what happened to witnesses.

5. A paper trail a mile long, all leading back to Roswell...

Roswell's importance shouldn't be trivialized. Yes, Rendlesham is pretty solid, but Roswell is what it is, because it was the one that triggered it all to begin (i.e. a concerted coverup, and protocals to handle it). After Roswell you see the formation of MJ12, and then the CIA quickly thereafter.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Many people have forgotten that since the Air Force's case closed report, they changed their story AGAIN and claimed it was not a Mogul balloon but a Fugo balloon! Why should we give their version one ounce of credibility when they keep changing it?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Simple answer...

Any sane person wouldn't....
A little story about a boy and crying wolf comes to mind.....

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Simple answer...

Any sane person wouldn't....
A little story about a boy and crying wolf comes to mind.....

And I obviously don't. I was just phrasing my post in the voice of skepticism to give it extra weight.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
[The conclusions are:
"Aliens" observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force high altitude balloons for scientific research.]

Then why didn't the gov/military admit in 1947 that they were using dummies? Why wait so long? Sure, some tests may have been "top secret", but how would the admission of "dummies" to the public be harmful to any project? Afterall, they were only using them in high-altitude tests. What's the big deal? Also, the gov/military goofed by admitting they used dummies. Why? Because it is also an admission that indeed BODIES were present at Roswell. (For years they continued to deny there were even ANY bodies present at Roswell.)

[The "unusual" military activities in the New Mexico desert were high altitude research balloon launch and recovery operations. Reports of military units that always seemed to arrive shortly after the crash of a flying saucer to retrieve the saucer and "crew," were actually accurate descriptions of Air Force personnel engaged in anthropomorphic dummy recovery operations.]

Large convoys of military vehicles and personnel, unusual influx of numerous high-ranking military officials, intelligence agents, and death threats on the citizens---is this the typical manner in which Air Force personnel engage in "anthropomorphic dummy recovery operations"? If the crashes were merely balloons, dummies, and/or aircraft accidents, then why threaten the simple country folks (ranchers/farmers)? Just make them believe there is nothing top secret going on, that it was just another routine military test, thank them for informing them of the discovery, and move on. Why would they every suspect the military/gov was lying to them? Mac Brazel had many times seen a crashed weather balloon/device. He was not the kind that would go public and was more than willing to cooperate with the military. The death threats against him was certainly unprompted and uncalled for, even if the debris had indeed been a top secret military device. Mac Brazel would never have known the difference.

Another thing, if this device was SUCH a top secret military test device that they felt it was necessary to send convoys of trucks and intelligence personnel to the site, then why didn't they know of the crash as soon as it happened? Wasn't it a few days later that they actually got out there to check it out? And why only send a few people to check out initially if they already knew what it was? If the amount of debris required numerous trucks to collect, then why didn't they initially send out the trucks? Answer: They did NOT know what they were going to find. That's why the trucks, generals, and death threats came AFTER initial inspection of the site by Jesse Marcel.

[Claims of "alien bodies" at the Roswell Army Air Field hospital were most likely a combination of two separate incidents:
) a 1956 KC-97 aircraft accident in which 11 Air Force members lost their lives; and,
) a 1959 manned balloon mishap in which two Air Force pilots were injured.
This report is based on thoroughly documented research supported by official records, technical reports, film footage, photographs, and interviews with individuals who were involved in these events. > More details]

Other than the dates, which don't match, how does the gov/military explain the testimony of one of the most credible witnesses (and who is still alive today), Jesse Marcel's son? He is a Medical Doctor and retired army helicopter pilot, and he clearly recalls his intelligence agent dad (Jesse Marcel) bringing home a pile of the debris to show them. He, his dad and mom sat around inspecting the debris, noting not only the extremely resilient and indestructable materials, but also the strange hieroglyph-like writing embossed on an I-beam sample. None of the pieces of debris was recognizable even to Jesse Marcel, whose job was to be familiar with all current aircraft in the military's arsenal. And Jesse Marcel and his son's testimonies corroborate well with those of others, like Loretta Proctor and her family and friends, who got to play around with a piece of the debris brought to them by Mac Brazel.

Another point about the dummies. If the bodies were indeed dummies, does it seem likely that ANY witness would mistake them as even dead humans upon close inspection? Wouldn't the fake joints in the neck, wrists, elbows, etc. be noticeable? Wouldn't the absence of eye sockets, nose holes, and ear holes be noticeable? Wouldn't the fact that they all would be identical in height (6 feet?), size and shape be noticeable? Wouldn't the skin color also give it away as being unreal? And what about damage to the parts? Wouldn't a broken leg or arm or whatever be a dead giveaway after seeing the absence of flesh, blood, bones, etc?

The gov/military treats its citizens as morons, and to their fortune, most of the citizens act like it.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I TALKED to Walter Haut, who was the Army Air Force INFORMATION OFFICER. He was TOLD to give out the report of a crashed UFO.
Also, if those were crash test dummies, they don't LOOK like bodies. I have seen them, too. There would be no need to inquiure about getting child-size caskets from the Ballard Funeral Home in Roswell.
The Army Air Force base here had charge of the ATOMIC BOMBS! If THEY didn't know what the difference was between a weather balloon and a spaceship, then this country was IN TROUBLE! Of course they KNEW the difference!
Something unworldly definitely happened in the Roswell area.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
I TALKED to Walter Haut, who was the Army Air Force INFORMATION OFFICER. He was TOLD to give out the report of a crashed UFO.

Not just a UFO, but a crashed saucer. And I still think that is the most compelling evidence.

When Gen. Ramey retracted that and substituted the weather balloon story, he claimed they misidentified the wreckage.

This notion is absurd. The 509th was the most elite army unit in the country. The same ones who flew the A-bomb missions in WWII. They were highly trained on anything that flew. That they could mistake wreckage of a weather balloon for a flying saucer is preposterous and an insult to their intelligence.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by good vibrations
[The conclusions are:
"Aliens" observed in the New Mexico desert were actually anthropomorphic test dummies that were carried aloft by U.S. Air Force high altitude balloons for scientific research.]

Then why didn't the gov/military admit in 1947 that they were using dummies?

Additionally, it was rather convincingly shown afterward that those tests did not begin until 1950 and none took place anywhere remotely close to Roswell.

Also, the gov/military goofed by admitting they used dummies. Why? Because it is also an admission that indeed BODIES were present at Roswell. (For years they continued to deny there were even ANY bodies present at Roswell.)

I totally agree. I think even acknowledging the bodies kind of tipped their hand. On the plus side, it shows that there was enough pressure on them from the public that they had to switch to another strategy to continue to dance around the truth. That gives me hope that if the pressure is maintained and turned up, we may yet get to the truth someday.

The gov/military treats its citizens as morons, and to their fortune, most of the citizens act like it.

Totally agree again. We are not going to get anywhere as long as the majority of the public believes everything the government says just because it's the government saying it.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenspear
Additionally, it was rather convincingly shown afterward that those tests did not begin until 1950 and none took place anywhere remotely close to Roswell.

That's another good point!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
"about a crash near Victorio Peak NM .. what do you think about that one?" == senshido

He...He. I think even the aliens heard about the Gold.

And now you're talking MY kind of conspiracy ::

www.wsmr.army.mil... (Victorio pk gold stories)
www.wsmr.army.mil... (Army victorio pk tales - 3 names of the peak)
www.victoriopeak.com... (Victorio pk web site)

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

TextTake the Rendlesham case for example, now there's a solid ufo case. Could be a man-made military craft of course, but at least the witnesses are coherent ex-military who were in the military at the time, they are alive, there is radar data, recorded tapes, and (I haven't seen these yet) pics and video.

I to thought the Rendlesham case was solid until I read
www.virtuallystrange.net...
I still think the best events that can't be explained away were the Kaikoura, New Zealand sightings/radar tracking/ caught on film UFO's of 1978. Not only the events themselves but events prior to and after the sightings. Whether they were fantastic flying machines from this World, another World or time, or some bizzare as yet to be understood natural phenomena...who knows? But something strange was going on.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I to thought the Rendlesham case was solid until I read
www.virtuallystrange.net...

Implying that what they saw (remember there's Larry Warren, Jim Penniston, & others I don't recall off hand) was the lighthouse is insulting to them.

But back to Roswell, I was only poiting out that case as being more recent and being better documented than Roswell (at least with regards to known documention, if we believe Corso's book, the Roswell crash is fully documented in 'filing cabinets')

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And I obviously don't. I was just phrasing my post in the voice of skepticism to give it extra weight

I didn't mean it to apply to you, but rather to anyone who believes the USAF story....

As for Rendlesham, the idea that them seeing a lighthouse is rather absurd, when you factor in the interrogations they received afterwards. Would this have been needed for a lighthouse sighting? I think not...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not to mention that one eyewitness at Rendelshem did see the reported craft and from his position, it was in no way possible to see the lighthouse at all. It's blocked by a low hill and a stand of trees.

new topics

top topics

join